The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

peppergirl54 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-07-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail peppergirl54 Click to send private message to peppergirl54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
He saw definite potential in that young girl, even with the 'funny faces' she made, and, along with his co-conspirators, had Ryan call her back into the audition room.

Now, THAT, my friends, is COOL! I hope she gets some amazing coaching, gets into the final 10 or so, and really gets some prime-time hype! She seemed like a really sweet girl, her voice was very different, very on the mark, and she is a beauty to beat it all.

Horray for Simon actually showing some bazookas for once-of course, we all know he was seeing $$$$'s, in the process.....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... Colonel Zoidberg 02-07-07 1
   RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... Jadens Mommy 02-07-07 2
 RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... aquariaqueen 02-08-07 3
   RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... bob_chester 02-08-07 4
       RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... Sues 02-08-07 5
           RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... bob_chester 02-08-07 6
           RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... iltarion 02-08-07 7
 Simon the master of his domain Ricky 02-09-07 8
 RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... Brtndr98 02-11-07 9
   RE: So, Simon really DOES have a so... mistyrose52 02-15-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-07-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
I was amazed that he actually talked the others into giving her a second chance...that NEVER happens except for weirdos named Leonid the Magnificent. But I guess it was something as crazy as facial expressions, which can be worked on, that triggers a second chance.

That said, I didn't like her. I thought she mumbled and wasn't very clear. I would have said "no" to her as well.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-07, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
Facial expressions can be worked on. They have put worse singers thru to Hollywood. I'm glad they changed their minds.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-08-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
Well it's too bad, her police check shows she has a record...and not a singing record.

Evidently, she put sugar in someone's gas tank.

Perfect parenting lesson for my sons..."see what you do as a teen can influence your adult life...."

This may have goofed up a possible career. Not that I thought she would make top 12, but more exposure of the positive sort, may have caught someone's attention. Somebody has to sing McDonalds's, Sears, etc. jingles...

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
It would have been hard for to get rid of those facial expressions. I had a hard time watching her. It distracted from her singing. we did not need another Jennifer Hudson. Good ridance to her.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-07, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
not sure if she'd make it to the end, but facial stuff seems a little lame...I mean, have they not watched Whitney..Celine's gorilla-esc chest beating? Or Katherine's over the top 'look at me, I'm hot and you know it' posing??? Even Clay looks a bit odd when he sings.....make that creepy...

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
yes you are right. But I am still glad she is gone.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-08-07, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
All the people you mentioned look good when they sing, facial expressions or not, especially Katherine. I was thinking about the facial expressions even before the judges mentioned them. She is a pretty girl and was making hideous faces. Like it or not, you won't win AI that way. This is TV afterall. I'm glad they brought her back though; she looks like a sweetie.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-07, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Simon the master of his domain"
The amazing part of this to me was that Randy and Paula judged first on this one and said "no, have to pass". Then Simon goes last and says I would have said yes. So Randy and Paula then think oh we must have made a mistake if Simon said yes, let's bring her back in.

The three of them have a great dynamic together, but it just goes to show you that Simon really is the only one that can judge talent. Paula and Randy don't even know whether to say yes or no to a contestant without following Simon's lead.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
Ashlyn Carr is the girls name and being a fellow Texan. I was glad that she was given a second chance and made it through to Hollywood. It will broaden her world beyond the small town of Sugarland, TX. and possibly help her develope her talent.

I thought the criticizms were valid. She seemed that she was more concerned with acting the song out with facial panamine, than letting her voice express the emotions of the song. However, she is still young and maybe can break herself of that habit. I don't see her winning the compition and eventually moving to New York and auditioning for Broadway plays.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-15-07, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So, Simon really DOES have a soul!"
Well, by now, we all know she didn't make it past the Hollywood auditions. Whether it was the sugar in the gas tank, or just the vocals, we'll never know, will we????

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •