The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Replacing Paula"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-07, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Replacing Paula"
There has been rumors of Paula being replaced.Who do you think would be the best female to replace her.I personally think Beyonce Knowles,she definitely knows about the industry,she can sing herself,she is nice,and very easy on the eyes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Replacing Paula Jadens Mommy 02-07-07 1
   RE: Replacing Paula Ripley 02-07-07 2
       RE: Replacing Paula geg6 02-07-07 4
 RE: Replacing Paula geekboy 02-07-07 3
   RE: Replacing Paula Jadens Mommy 02-07-07 5
   RE: Replacing Paula bob_chester 02-08-07 6
       RE: Replacing Paula Sues 02-08-07 7
           RE: Replacing Paula bob_chester 02-08-07 8
 RE: Replacing Paula Brtndr98 02-11-07 9
   RE: Replacing Paula geekboy 02-11-07 10
       RE: Replacing Paula Ripley 02-11-07 11
       RE: Replacing Paula Brtndr98 02-11-07 12
           RE: Replacing Paula geekboy 02-12-07 13
           RE: Replacing Paula tamarama 02-12-07 14
               RE: Replacing Paula Jadens Mommy 02-14-07 15
               Carol Bayer Sager niteowl0205 02-27-07 17
 Melissa Ethridge Bravehart 02-14-07 16
 Me Glow 02-27-07 18
   RE: Me SilverStar 02-27-07 19
       RE: Me Glow 02-27-07 20
           RE: Me SilverStar 02-27-07 21
 RE: Replacing Paula priestdi 02-28-07 22
   RE: Replacing Paula emydi 02-28-07 23
   RE: Replacing Paula geekboy 02-28-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Replacing Paula"
She's too busy. I believe Paula was picked because she wasn't doing anything else. They have to pick someone who's a great singer but is not doing anything now.

02-07-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Replacing Paula"
That's true,and not that I don't like Paula ,but who would you think could replace her,where it wouldn't hurt the ratings in the least?Maybe Christy Hines from the Pretenders or Pat Benetar or Debbie Harry of Blondie?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-07, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I cannot for the life of me imagine Chrissy Hynde, Debbie Harry, or Pat Benatar taking that gig. Besides which they are all still recording and performing.

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-07-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Replacing Paula"
Paula will NOT be replaced. These silly rumors pop up every dang season, and so far multiple times this season alone.

It will NOT happen. Period. End of story.

geekboy

02-07-07, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Replacing Paula"
Dag! Let's just have fun with the thought.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I don't agree with you often Geekboy but I think you are right this time.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I for one would hate to see them replace Paula....I love her medicated rantings and when she dances with the music....she's like a little pill of sunshine.....

Beyonce? I respectfully disagree. I thinks she's gorgeous, but I can't stand listening to her speak (don't like her singing voice either but that's just a personal taste thing). The whole ebonics thing sounds forced and I don't think she's entertaining off the stage....oh, and she's too famous..LOL Same with the others mentioned.

I think the 3 they have is the right mix with a guest judge thrown in here and there...

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-07, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Replacing Paula"
the three judges plus Ryan are the personality of the show. If you cnage one of them it could cause less intrest>

You following me around? lol just kidding.

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Replacing Paula"
Normally I would agree with everyone who wants Paula to remain on the show. I've always like Paula, she's nice, she's attractive and she use to be a really good performer. (not necessarly a good singer) But a good performer.

However, she has become almost completely incomprehensable this season. It appears that they can't even edit together 5 minutes of material were she behaves or sounds sensible. And did anyone see her recent press interviews? She had to be either drunk or on medication.

Paula Abdul use to work really well for the show, as a contrast to Simon's personality. But now she's comming across as a drunken hasbeen' pop star.

I think Jewel would be a great replacement for Paula. I thought Jewel did a really good job in the first episode. She brings all the qualities that Paula gives the show, and she's a better singer. Plus she still has a little bit of a carreer left. But not so much of a carreer that it over shadows the show.

02-11-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I found Jewel incredibly boring. she showed absolutely zero emotion, was not exciting, blah, blah, blah.

geekboy

02-11-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I think that the whole show is great,if you don't have the singers entertaining you the judges are.There's Randy's weight loss,there's Paula's arguing with Simon,I loved the stabs Simon and Ryan threw at each other.It's nice to see judges that don't act boring like their on the Supreme Court.And they still get the job done.

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Replacing Paula"
>I found Jewel incredibly boring.
>she showed absolutely zero emotion,
>was not exciting, blah, blah,
>blah.
>
>geekboy

Actually when I think about it geekboy...Jewel was kind of boring. I guess I was so mezmerised by her beauty that I didn't notice she really was uncomfortable with offering any type of criticizm of the people auditioning or Simon's behavior.

OK, then how about the song writer in the New York auditions? She seemed to really know her stuff.

02-12-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Replacing Paula"
OF all the "guest judges" that they've had so far, the only one that was good, entertaining, fun, etc - was Gene Simmons from Kiss. I think the rest were filler.

geekboy

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-07, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Replacing Paula"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-07 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

>>OK, then how about the song writer in the New York auditions?<<

Carol Bayer Sager. She really, really does know what she's doing. Check out her bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Bayer_Sager

BUT, she is also lacking that entertainment factor. We need someone that's both entertaining AND knows what the carp she's talking about.

A name that's come up before is Cyndi Lauper. A skilled singer, a songwriter, a good entertainer, and lotsa (maybe toomucha) personality.

I'd like to see that.

ETA: wouldn't you love to see Simon's horror at sitting next to Cyndi with her braying New York accent?

02-14-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I think Cyndi Lauper is a great idea. She does have that entertaining factor and I don't think she's too busy. I saw her on Ellen like a year ago and that's it.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-07, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Carol Bayer Sager"
Was it just me, or does Carol look like the morphed offspring of Joan Collins and Pat Benatar???

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Melissa Ethridge"
We need a (female) Rocker in the Judgemental area!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-07, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Me"
me.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-07, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Me"
What are you, high?

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!
*snort*
PS- Why aren't you returning my emails???

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-07, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Me"
that makes me perfect for the job, right?

they weren't there before but now they are.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-07, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Me"
I think you have to be high and drunk. Maybe we could join forces.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!
*hating on gmail*

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-07, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Replacing Paula"
The show would lose a major element of its chemistry without Paula. she's central to the judges' interrelationships. Both Simon and Randy, who have absolutely nothing in common, have obvious soft spots for her. She's sitting between them for a lot of reasons.

And she has a huge, multi-generational fan base too.

And Fox and the producers know it.

They had their chance to dump her with the Corey scandal. They did a lot of studies and polling groups and discovered how integral she is to the show, and gave her a three year contract extension and a raise instead of dumping her. Not to mention they totally whitewashed the results of their investigation.

she's gold for them, and they know it.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I couldn't believe it she was actually right on on a few of her comments last nite...I can't remember which but I wrote them down...

02-28-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Replacing Paula"
I have to say - i did love her lighter-colored hair last night. I was working for me. She was looking good last night.

geekboy

'I love puppies.' - S. Cowell

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •