The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Final 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esq2 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-09-02, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esq2 Click to send private message to Esq2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Final 3"
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but it occurs to me that MamaKim can go to Ethan and say if we vote together we can enusre that we both make it to the Final 3 since we have the fewest prior votes made against us. Either of us wins a tiebreaker with Tom or Ethan. If we both vote for Tom, then Tom goes. If we both vote for Lex, then Lex goes.

Do you think either of them realize they have this power?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Final 3 janisella 01-09-02 1
   RE: The Final 3 dabo 01-09-02 3
   RE: The Final 3 franksantlers 01-09-02 5
 RE: The Final 3 strone 01-09-02 2
   RE: The Final 3 WillyWonka 01-09-02 4
 RE: The Final 3 Loree 01-09-02 6
   RE: The Final 3 dangerkitty 01-09-02 7
 RE: The Final 3 smiley 01-09-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-09-02, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Final 3"
I'm sure they both know they have this power (unless they don't know about Tom's previous votes). The question is: Does Ethan have a primary alliance with Lex and/or Tom that he will honor to the end?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Final 3"
Yes, for all Ethan and Kim J. know, Kim J. and Tom are tied at 1 each in past votes, unless Kelly told what had happened in New Samburu (Lex and Tom would have had no reason to reveal the information). Tom and Lex know, however, which means they should both realize that one of them will certainly go next should they allow Ethan and Kim J. to team up. And everyone knows that Lex is carrying the most votes. So, Lex and Tom can only team up if they can rely on Ethan or Kim voting with them, most likely Ethan would be the one they trust. If Kim were to win immunity (she has an actual chance should the next ic be Fallen Comrades, it was the #13 ic in S1), Lex's luck should run out (Ethan resents Lex for winning all those challenges). If Lex wins immunity he should stick with L/E/T strategy and Kim is gone. It's possible Teresa's last-ditch strategy would motivate Lex to vote for Tom, but only if his gut tells him to go with another bad decision, and Kim would have to vote for Tom because she knows she can't beat Ethan in a tie/deadlock.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

franksantlers 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-09-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail franksantlers Click to send private message to franksantlers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Final 3"
You wrote:I'm sure they both know they have this power (unless they don't know about Tom's previous votes). The question is: Does Ethan have a primary alliance with Lex and/or Tom that he will honor to the end?

Ethan does know about Tom's previous votes. Remember in episode 9, Ethan tried to warn Tom that Frank could vote him off at the the next Tribal Counsel. Ethan's reasoning was that since Lex has immunity, Tom's 3 votes would get him kicked off in a 4-4 tie vote at Tribal Counsel.

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-09-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Final 3"

This power is huge, but will they use this or not????

WillyWonka 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-09-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WillyWonka Click to send private message to WillyWonka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Final 3"
When Colby and Tina dragged Keith to the Final 3 they did not want him to win - it cost Colby 900K to take Tina to the Final 2 but there was principle behind it. He and Tina carried Keith.
I feel that Ethan, even though it would guarantee the Final 3 to link up with MK, may feel that he, tom and Lex have dragged her this far and she doesn't deserve to win. She was weak early, has not performed well in challenges, doesn't gather wood, but was useful to the L/E/T strategy. He might feel that he'd rather lose to the men than to a weaker, albeit innocuous, MK. For that reason I think she gets booted 1st leaving the alliance MB showed us very early.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Final 3"
Ethan really does seem to have the power here. He can decide to stay with the men and boot MamaKim. Or he can team with MamaKim and take out one of the men. Which will he do? How much does he honour any alliance he has with Lex and/or Tom? We know Ethan is always worried about his competition. In the final IC that would be Lex. But who does Ethan think is the biggest threat to beat him for the final vote with the jury? I wish we had seen more of what Ethan is thinking. They have even blurred what he has said at TC when voting. I'm sure we would have had a clue if we had heard everything he said when voting.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-09-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Final 3"
Yes, Ethan has a lot of power here. Observations on Ethan:

-We heard his recent comment about "used to think he wanted to go up against the best and beat the best, but now I'm not sure" - this during his resentment of Lex winning everything. This hints that he would vote out Lex.

-Yet, one of his reasons for voting out Clarence was that he was his "biggest threat" (although he also did not like/trust Clarence).

-On SI, the beginning of the "Facial Hair" clip, Ethan says to Lex "Sssh there's Tom, don't talk about it anymore". Indicates that he and Lex were discussing voting out Tom.

-Yet, earlier episode he says that Tom and he are "like brothers", and he was also talking to Tom last ep about not wanting Lex to win.

-Several scenes throughout the season of Ethan with MK, seems to want MK to stay. MK seems to think they have a F2 alliance due to her comment about "you'll have to vote one of the boys out next time".

-Yet, the look on Ethan's face at that remark suggests that he is not so solid on that.

We know that in the last episode, Ethan discussed strategy with each member of his alliance in private. Lex might have instigated the Tom discussion, due to Teresa's revelation - Ethan might not have said much, we don't know. We do know that he complained to Tom quite clearly about Lex winning so much. MK was also leading the discussion with her.

Only immunity can save Lex, he can be voted out by any two people. Ethan has hinted that he would vote out Lex. Tom has hinted, too, but other evidence says that he won't cast that vote himself. That means MK would have to do it, and she knows that Tom wants the dirty work done for him. Could Ethan convince her to do it anyway?

Tom can be saved only by immunity or a tie with Lex. If Lex decides that his gut says Tom has betrayed him in any way, that would justify him voting Tom. MK has indicated she would. I feel that Ethan would not, and if Lex wins immunity that means voting MK with Tom, which wouldn't do any good - Tom loses that tie. What would Ethan do if Lex and MK said, we're voting Tom?

MK would win any tie except against Ethan, and I can't imagine a scenario where she ties Ethan. So Ethan has to vote against her with the others for her to go.

How could Ethan go? MK would have to vote against him, and I just can't imagine her choosing Ethan rather than Tom or Lex.

I have to say, I have been disappointed with this season a lot of the time, but the puzzle here at the end is truly intriguing. MB has put it together so that so many possiblities reasonably exist. I do hope that there are some big revelations during the show that both clarify things and make it even more complex.

dangerkitty

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-09-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Final 3"
As mamakim has been seen to say in the previews for the upcoming episode "this could be a very interesting tribal council". Although we have seen this clip before, is there any evidence that it in fact fits into the story here???? and that MB just used it for convenience value before. If the next IC is Fallen Comarades and mamakim wins, it indeed will be interesting since MB has shown us on many occasions that a Lex-Ethan-Tom alliance exists. Who would they vote for?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •