The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Theory about Lex"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Theory about Lex"
It's been pointed out before that of all the survivors Lex is the one that the fewest keep in touch with.

Perhaps Lex doesn't keep in touch with most of the rest of the survivors because the jury voted for someone else as the winner. I can't see him being forgiving if things don't shake down his way.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Theory about Lex zzz 01-08-02 1
   RE: Theory about Lex evilj9 01-08-02 5
 RE: Theory about Lex heymikey 01-08-02 2
 RE: Theory about Lex twentyfourseven 01-08-02 3
 RE: Theory about Lex Afreaqua 01-08-02 4
   RE: Theory about Lex coyotedean 01-08-02 6
 RE: Theory about Lex TwinkyDik 01-09-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-08-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Theory about Lex"
Based on the "lock-box" and the fact that jurors are not allowed to reveal their votes, Lex cannot know for sure that he lost the jury vote (assuming he makes it to the final two). But I agree, that it is quite likely that if he made it to the finals, the questions from the jury may have left no real doubt in his mind that he lost the vote. I also agree that this very well might make him less interested in keeping in touch with the other players.

I also think he just has his own life and own family, and he really does not want too much of his time taken up with people that are not really part of his day-to-day life. A lot of people, no matter how close they get to someone, once they are separated, they drift apart quickly.

evilj9 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-08-02, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evilj9 Click to send private message to evilj9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Theory about Lex"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-02 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

zzz - I agree with part of your comments. I don't think that Lex's non contact with the other surivor contestants is any indication of whether or not he wins.

Lex has his own family and his own life. Although Survivor was a life experience for him, that doesn't mean that he has made lifelong friends with the other contestants. He did say that he has learned more about some of the people over the last 30 days than he has of people he has known for 5 years. But learning something about someone doesn't mean that you have become lifelong friends, or want to spend time with them after your return.

IMHO I get the impression that Lex is someone who, although thankful of the opportunity he was given, has returned to his life as if nothing has happened. He doesn't seem to be the type that is looking for his 15 minutes of fame. He is content with the way things ended and wants to go on with his life.

40 days is a small fragment of his 38 years. To expect anyone to change their day to day life for that fragment of their time is expecting a lot.

If the roles were reversed I believe my post show decisions would mirror his.

As always, in evil, j9

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-08-02, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Theory about Lex"
>>> It's been pointed out before that of all the survivors Lex is the one that the fewest keep in touch with.

How do you know this? Which former Survivor 3 contestant told this? From what I know is that Silas was the ONLY person who said this and it is quite understandable. Silas was from a different tribe compared to Lex before and after the switch. He did not reach the merge and from what I have read from other posts, the jurors are segregated from the previous bootees. I don't think there is a way for them to bond before or after the show was filmed. Besides, didn't Kelly and Brandon say they are still in contact with Lex?

twentyfourseven 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-08-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twentyfourseven Click to send private message to twentyfourseven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Theory about Lex"
yeah, but there is also the fact that Kelly is the only other person of the nine left to also be from the West Coast.

all the others are from the East Coast I believe and it would be easier for them to see each other.

i think even if Lex knew he'd won, he wouldnt really hang out with any of them anyway.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Theory about Lex"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-02 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

Oh poo! I did forget about the lock box *blushing*....hmm I thought it was more than just Silas who said that Lex wasn't in touch with many people.

coyotedean 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-08-02, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coyotedean Click to send private message to coyotedean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Theory about Lex"
I was reading on this and other fan sites and someone brought up the theory that the final two do not ever get seen together from the time they leave final council until the live jury verdict reading.

I have seen something about Ethan visiting Tom. But I've not heard a single thing about MamaKim visiting or being called/emailed by anyone. I've heard Brandon and Kelly have talked to Lex but no one else.

MK and Lex have not been mentioned together by any of the jury.
Maybe its just a coincidence of geography Lex-west coast / MamaKim east coast.

In S2 Colby was seen in las vegas with a couple of outbackers, but never anywhere with Tina. So, Tom or Ethan could be in the final 2 but not both of them.

So maybe its a LEX/MK final 2?

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-09-02, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TwinkyDik Click to send private message to TwinkyDik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Theory about Lex"
Didn't you people see the following fro the Teresa interview;

>It seems like everyone hated Lex towards the end. How come he >made it so far?

>I never disliked Lex at all. I just kept voting for him so >people thought I didn't like him. I never said anything negative >-- other than that he's too strong and too much of a leader. I >know Ethan liked him and Kim liked him. Tom never really showed >much of anything. He and Frank didn't get along, but you didn't >see that. It seems like he came across as evil during
>those interviews with the producers, but he didn't act like that >when he was with us.

So does anyone bar Kelly and Frank hate Lex?
Do the Jury view him as the evil person we all do?
Probably not given Teresas comments.
This only supports the notion that Lex is a private person and not the Desperate Attention Whore that some others aspire to be.
I don't think there is any ill feeling. Even Kelly still stays in contact.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •