The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
Ouch. Well, we have a bunch of gaps in the summaries -- the first time that we've had summary writers fail to deliver. I'm going to write a quick-and-dirty summary of E2 (which shakes was scheduled to do) ... hey, any summary of any episode featuring Chiara has to be dirty.

Kokoro, we still are looking for the summary/summaries of E6, E7 and E8. Are you still planning to do it?

DriveMyCar, thanks for the E9 and E10 summaries pre-surgery. Glad to see you're back. How does the E11 summary look?

And last, but not least, is there anyone who wants to take a crack at the E12-E14 episodes? The SCHEDULED writer was Mandy_Mo_Flamingo, but I received this e-mail today:

Following email was sent from user Mandy_Mo_Flamingo at
RealityTVWorld.com Message Board Forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: sorry

Sorry! I forgot, and I didn't watch those episodes. I'm no longer on the boards. Maybe folks could get a reminder who signed up? In the meantime, I know it's lame that I forgot, but I did, and I will not be able to write the recaps / summaries.

So, does anyone want to pick these episodes up after the fact? I'll settle for one big summary covering all three episodes. Interested?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone want to write an OLD sum... Red Lady 08-13-02 1
   RE: Anyone want to write an OLD sum... SurvivinDawg 08-13-02 2
       OK AyaK 08-13-02 4
       RE: Anyone want to write an OLD sum... LadyT 08-14-02 11
           I don't think Dawg meant that... AyaK 08-15-02 12
               Definitely didn't mean that... SurvivinDawg 08-15-02 13
 RE: Anyone want to write an OLD sum... MakeItStop 08-13-02 3
   Sorry AyaK 08-13-02 5
       RE: Sorry Teddy_Bear 08-13-02 6
 One down... AyaK 08-13-02 7
   RE: One down... Red Lady 08-13-02 8
       LadyT is busy AyaK 08-13-02 9
 RE: Anyone want to write an OLD sum... Swami 08-14-02 10
 RE: Anyone want to write an OLD sum... AMAI 08-19-02 14
   Post it AyaK 08-20-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-13-02, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
I nominate: Survivin'Dawg!
He's got every episode memorized by heart!

Regards,

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-02, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
I nominate: Survivin'Dawg!

To quote Charlie Brown: "AAAUUUGGGGHHH!!!!"

Just kidding. But I've already taped over the old episodes, so I don't know if I would be able to produce a fine summary.

I was going to make this suggestion, anyway, so this is a good time to do it: HEY, AYAK!!!!

Because of the dearth of material, and the inherent boringness (is that a word?) of this show, I suggest that the summaries be reduced to weekly summaries, and the summary writer do the Saturday-Wednesday-Thursday shows as one, concluding with Thursday and the eviction. I suspect there will be fewer gaps, and this will give a little more material to work with. As if this material is worth working with.

I also would suggest that we not worry about gaps in the summaries, for the same reasons.

Just my $0.02.

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

08-13-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "OK"
Well, I would like to have a full set of summaries, just for the non-US people who enjoy reading them. But I'll survive...

I have NO OBJECTION to writing the three weekly shows (Saturday-Wednesday-Thursday) as one summary. In fact, I think I've told everyone several times that they should feel free to do that if they so desire.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-02, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
I have no problem whatsoever in writing a summary for each show. It's our job as summary writers to determine how we will do it, as suggested by AK.

I am assuming you didn't mean it this way, but the way that you worded your statement makes me think you don't like our summaries. I chose to write the summaries the way I did, and I try to inject humor in them and get them up in a timely manner. I worked really hard at them, and this just totally made me feel that my efforts were worthless.

I have thouroughly enjoyed all the summaries for BB3, and as I discussed with another poster, some of these summaries are amongst the best this board has produced.

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

08-15-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
12. "I don't think Dawg meant that..."
T, I don't think Dawg was denigrating the summaries that have been written, either by shakes, me, GuessItRains, DriveMyCar, or you. Instead, I think he meant that weekly summaries would cover the main plot points, since this show doesn't exactly race along. After all, we can count on Josh whining or Chiara whoring in every episode...

Speaking just for myself, I've loved all three of your summaries --- and everyone, including Dawg, who wrote the summaries for Combat Missions and for S4 E1, knows that it's hard work to get summaries up fast.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Definitely didn't mean that..."
My apologies for any misunderstanding. Absolutely in no way was I trying to suggest that any summary was bad or that I didn't like them.

I was suggesting that, since some summaries weren't coming out for whatever reasons, that it might be easier on the writer(s) to do a weekly summary instead of one for each show. I was attempting to suggest something that might help the summary writers, not criticize them.

Keep up the good work!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-13-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
Well, I'd like to suggest that flying squirrel write some summaries. heehee

08-13-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
5. "Sorry"
My sixth sense tells me that flying squirrel wrote his last summary for the finale of Mole 2.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-13-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sorry"
>My sixth sense tells me that flying squirrel wrote his last summary for the finale of Mole 2. <

Awwwww, but he's sooooh cute *swoon*.

P.S. I used to looove that show. AyaK, that Rocky hat really becomes you.

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.

|=Likes Flying Squirrel Almost as Much as AyaK
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

08-13-02, 10:10 PM (EST)
7. "One down..."
OK, the E2 summary ("We've Been Slimed"), written by me, is up. One abandoned summary completed.

I heard from Drive My Car, who is recovering from her surgery and will deliver her remaining episode as soon as she feels up to it. That will be two completed.

I have not heard from Kokoro. Oh, Kokoro?

Finally, I heard from one person who MIGHT be interested in doing a makeup episode/episodes. I'd love that, if this person is really interested. So please let me know for sure, "mystery person." And I'd love to hear from any of the rest of you who might be interested.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-13-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: One down..."
AyaK, I wouldn't mind contributing, but I have no tapes to work with. Only an old Red Lady's fading memory. Me thinks I will start taping future episodes so I can pinch hit if needed again (which sounds likely) for future episodes.

BTW, we haven't heard from LadyT! LadyT, can you help Ayak out w/ this summary?

Regards,

08-13-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
9. "LadyT is busy"
LadyT is writing this week's summaries ...

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
I wish I could help out, AyaK, but like others I have no tapes. Never has a show been less worthy of preserving on tape! I don't know of any other sites that do have summaries I could use as a reminder of what happened on those weeks. Are there any? If so, I could combine that info with my imperfect memory and come up with something--but not until later this week/weekend.

I do have my calendar marked for the episodes I was supposed to write, and I will deliver them.

Swami

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-19-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Anyone want to write an OLD summary?"
Hi AyaK.
Just in, catchin' up. I have been practicing my recap skills recently, and have a recap of Ep 14 (which includes such a recap of Ep 13 that's it's almost like having a recap of Ep 13.)

It's very long, and actually took me two posts to log it into the sites I posted it at.

If you like I could email it to you & you could put it up, or I'll just start a thread with it. If it needs two posts, so be it.

If all the recent ones are done, that's fine, but just to let you know I've done recaps for Eps 15, 16 & 17 as well. I'm working on one for Ep 18, but it was such a load of shite, that it won't be long, anyway.

My partner & I have been exchanging emails for our week of togetherness recapping Aug 31 to Sep 5. damn, I only know his real name and don't want to use it here. Anyway, hope to hear from you.

08-20-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
15. "Post it"
AMAI, go ahead and post your E14 summary. We already have an E14 summary (although it's mismarked in the summary master sheet as an E13 summary), and we're getting E12-E13 summaries from Lolly, but we'll use it somehow (even if just as an alternate).

If you have an E18 summary that you want to post ... I still haven't seen spartan's summary for E18, so feel free!

Thanks for the offer.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •