The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Favorites thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-25-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Favorites thread"
OK, so its two weeks of auditions down. I thought we could talk about any and all of your early favorites in one thread.

Personally, i'm somewhat underwhelmed so far. As usual, we'll get 'wowed' in the hollywood rounds, but I've only been wowed by 2-3 people so far. Granted, Bo and others were never shown in the auditions, so there are some we don't see.

Those that have blown me away so far are:

1) Sanjaya - _THE_BEST_STEVIE_SINGER_YET. Simply amazing. I hope he goes far. LOVED LOVED LOVED him.
2) Intensely-nervous Background singer from Memphis. Simply blew me away. Incredible voice, and humble. Loved her.
3) Sundance Head. Perhaps the worst named child EVER in the history of the world, but he's got something. His audition didn't blow me away because the song choice was bad for acapella, but you can tell he has something special.
4) I'm going to add in work-out-girl from NY. Yes, she has a definite chip on her shoulder, but if she can leave the ego at home and just sing, i think she'll go far.

That's really it for me. As you know, i look for unique and different performers each season, and i think America does too. For this reason, i don't think the large crop of 'Malibu Barbie' types will go far. History will prove me right on that prediciton. Also, i'm seeing a lot of R&B/boy-band types that all sound the same.

Where are the rockers? Where is the country? We need more standouts going into Hollywood.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Favorites thread emydi 01-25-07 1
 RE: Early Favorites thread TxMom2011 01-25-07 2
 RE: Early Favorites thread Sheila 01-25-07 3
   RE: Early Favorites thread KoalaChick 01-25-07 5
       RE: Early Favorites thread geekboy 01-25-07 6
 RE: Early Favorites thread StarryLuna 01-25-07 4
 RE: Early Favorites thread xwraith27 01-25-07 7
   RE: Early Favorites thread Jadens Mommy 01-25-07 8
 RE: Early Favorites thread Glow 01-26-07 9
 RE: Early Favorites thread Breezy 01-26-07 10
   RE: Early Favorites thread geekboy 01-26-07 11
       RE: Early Favorites thread Breezy 01-26-07 12
       RE: Early Favorites thread Glow 01-26-07 13
 RE: Early Favorites thread Glow 01-26-07 14
 RE: Early Favorites thread CTgirl 01-29-07 15
 RE: Early Favorites thread buckeyegirl 01-30-07 16
 RE: Early Favorites thread emydi 01-31-07 17
 RE: Early Favorites thread Magnolia_Rocker 01-31-07 18
   RE: Early Favorites thread Jadens Mommy 01-31-07 19
       RE: Early Favorites thread Corvis 01-31-07 20
           RE: Early Favorites thread buckeyegirl 01-31-07 21
 RE: Early Favorites thread sylvester 01-31-07 22
 RE: Early Favorites thread Brtndr98 02-11-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-25-07, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-07 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Sanjaya is very was good but I would not say the best I think Sundance is the best.

I think Jason Head (Sundance) has a great chance at going very far and maybe even winning it

I like the black young 16 year old is it Andre or Henri? He's going very far...teen girls and 38 yr old (and other ages) women from Pgh will love him!! we've never really had a young male that has a legitimate chance

I like Rachel Opera girl for mostly selfish reasons...but she can sing too! She is going to be my personal mission if she makes the final 24 to vote!

I like meek back up singer too

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-25-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
The colorful Rachel .... she is like an Alanis/Fiona Apple mesh

The bashful backup singer .... amazing instrument wow

The Rocky Girl ... what an unsually beautiful voice

None of the guys blew me away..... I am sure I will change this list during Hollywood week

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-25-07, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I will have to review all of the shows because I honestly cannot remember many of the good ones because of all the bad ones.

I do remember enjoying the brother (Sanjaya?) and he was just so innocent and enjoying the moment. His smile was truly infectious.

Sundance is also a standout but I'm not sure he can vary with the different themes each week. I hope he surprises me.

The one who barely made it through from Memphis that I remember is Danielle Mcculloch. She was the blonde with the short hair in back and longer hair in front. I think she was the last to perform on the first day. Anyway, she is a local girl. I'm pretty sure I have seen her perform at something around here when she was about 13. She is 18 now and has definitely matured. I don't know that she can make it to the live shows because I don't think she had anything "unique".

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-25-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
Agree with all of gb's choices, and I have to add in Jorie (sp?) as well. She really got my attention.

01-25-07, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
Hi Koala -

Yes, Joree had a good voice, but she reminds me very very much of Katherine McPhee. She pretty, she's got a nice voice, but nothing makes her stand out from the others. The America Idol winner invariably is someone who is 'different and unique'. The exceptions to this rule is Kelley (season 1, new show) and Carrie. The unique aspect to Carrie could be her country leanings. I don't see someone like Jorie winning it all based on history.

But that is just one AI-jukie's $0.02.

geekboy

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-25-07, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I really liked the guy who sang Open Arms last week. I thought he was pretty good.

Luna's Eclipses

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-25-07, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
No actual favorites yet (I usually wait for the Hollywood rounds to make that assessment), and I agree with you when you said that we need more standouts. No one THAT special yet four episodes into the season.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-25-07, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
My two favorites are the edgy blonde girl who worked out for a year and Rachel Opera girl. I state my reasons why in the individual AI contestants thread.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-07, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
So far three of the four you mentioned are the standouts for me. Sanjaya, Sundance and Workout Girl. I try not to get too attached at this stage. I don't remember what season it was but I loved David Brown and he didn't make it to the finals. Though I guess I didn't really learn a lesson from that because if Sanjaya doesn't make it, I'll whine. But he will so I should be okay there.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-07, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
Sundance is it. He gave me major chills.

01-26-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
re: Sundance.

I'll admit the guy has something, but his audition did not "WOW" me like it wowed the judges. Again, i think it was a poor song choice.

What about it wowed you? What gave you the chills?

My wife and i went back and re-watched it, thanks to the power of Tivo, and we just shrugged at each other.

geekboy

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
His voice and delivery. *shrug* Plus I enjoy the blues, so I enjoyed the song choice.

01-26-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I was wowed. I thought he was fabulous and I can't wait to see what else he can do.

Another one that I want to see more of is Sean Michael. The one with all the beard and hair.

01-26-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
#4's name is Porcelana Petino (it was bugging me so I had to go find out her name)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
No one has wowed me yet either. The singers that every one else mentioned were stand-outs, but Henri? the 16 year-old really impressed me (such charisma!). I'll also be following the 2 girls from the Jersey shore (since DH is from there), the friend without the training I liked.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-07, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
The only one who has wowed me so far has been Sundance...I also liked the brother of the brother/sister combo. Everyone pretty much blurs together at this point, and I try not to get attached to anyone till after hollywood.

That Ian guy who got rejected really needs to get off my tv. He's super annoying.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
Funny Chris is definitely at the top of my list with Sundance and Rachel(opera girl)

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-31-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I don't like naming favorites before Hollywood but atm my pics are Chris the funny man, Sundance and the rocker chic.

A Tribe Original!

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-31-07, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I'm liking Chris Sligh. That's the chubby guy with the big curly hair who auditioned last night.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I never root for people this early, but I am also rooting for Funnyman Chris. Great voice and great personality.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-07, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
I'm liking him as well. I'm hoping that he makes it to the finals. I loved his "I want to make David Hasselhoff cry" line. The boy can also sing.

Sig by Kingsladye Bouncy by Icecat

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-31-07, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-07 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

I don't normally like to pick favorites before the Hollywood rounds either, but right now I'm really liking both Sundance and Chris Sligh.

I'm also looking forward to the girl they show in the promos singing Baby I Love You, I love her voice. Her name is Leslie Hunt, not sure if she's coming up in the last few auditions or if they just didn't show her audition on tv.

Hoping all 3 make it to top 24.

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Early Favorites thread"
While I agree Chris Sligh is a favorite. Especially since I think Simon referred to him in an interview an interesting contestant the public might embrace.

I haven't heard the names of some other people that I think has a good chance to advance into the later rounds.

Like:

Kia Johnson (NY) She had a really good voice.

Tatianna McConnica (ALA) Probably the best voice in Ala. auditions.

Brandon Rogers (LA) The back up singer for the super bands.

Eboney Jointer (LA) The Roller skate girl.

Lakisha Jones (NY) The Aretha Franklin look and sound alike.

Baylie Brown (SA) The young blonde girl from Crum, TX. That Simon described as commercial with a capital "C".

And my personal favorite...Jimmy McNeal (SA) Ruben before he stopped smilling.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •