The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-06-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-02 AT 11:59 PM (EST)

(Edited to add: "Revealed Strategy Never Works" Theory)

The Unofficial State of the Spoiling Thread

Thought I would get this up temporarily to allow for adequate discussion of the issues, since this is the most important week. Not sure if we’ll have an Official SOTS Thread, but this will get us started…

CBS Poll:

The CBS Poll has been a reliable tool since we started using it in EP8. It has been 100% so far. Whoever is included in the poll is not the next bootee. Maybe the finale will be the exception, but it's been reliable so far. The poll asks, “Is Lex gaining the upper hand at this point ?” Conclusion: Lex makes it to the Final 3.

The OFG Theory:

This theory, while very useful and reliable earlier on, does not provide any additional information this week. It states that the bootee is pictured in the previews for that week…but since all four finalists are featured, there is no additional spoiler information from this theory this week. Note: Keep this theory in mind for S4, it’s been a valuable tool this season.

“…Today’s Judgement Day.”

In the preview for the upcoming finale, Lex is heard saying in a short sound bite…”Today’s Judgement Day”.
Here’s the link to some of the the discussion: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2093.shtml#5

MB used this phrase in the preview for his big finale, which includes “Judgement Day” for the Final 2, when they come before the jury to be judged. But the fact that Lex is the one saying it suggests that he is still in the game at that point…Lex is well educated, with an excellent vocabulary and not likely to use a phrase like “Judgement Day” to describe anything other than the final jury vote.

Naked also mentioned, that when he say’s it, he appears to be confident and enthusiastic. He’s looking forward to “Judgement Day” because it’s “Today” Conclusion: Lex makes it to the Final 2.

Tom and Ethan Photo:

A short while back their was a photo of Tom and Ethan (in the Smyth County News I believe) when Ethan visited Tom on his farm. There is no precedent for the Final 2 to be seen together before the airing of the Finale. Conclusion: Tom and Ethan are not the Final 2.

KimP Comments About Ethan:

KimP made several comments during her post boot interviews that seem to unintentional indications that Ethan makes it to the Final 2.

Read more here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2105.shtml#2
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2111.shtml

Conclusion: Ethan is in the Final 2.

Tom’s Comments to His Sister:

It has been reported, although I can’t find any links, that Tom told his sister something like he didn’t win or he’s #4 and word spread all over Smyth County. It’s feasible that while watching last week’s show with his sister and drinking a little Bourbon, Tom may have let it slip that this was the end of the road for him…Since next weeks show is the finale, last weeks show was the last one Tom would survive. If we are to believe this spoiler and Tom “doesn’t win” then we can conclude (because of the lockbox no one knows who wins) that he goes as #4 or #3. Conclusion: He told his sister he doesn’t win next week, she ASSUMED he was the NEXT to go, we can only safely assume he doesn’t make the Final 2.

CBS Preview”

The third topic for the upcoming Finale describes the show… “Unresolved issues, new personal revelations, and some surprises are in store for the "Kenyan castaways" in the two-hour finale of SURVIVOR AFRICA. “

“…some surprises…” This means NOT MANY SURPRISES to me. Things will probably unfold pretty much as people might expect. Most viewers will be happy with the “good guy” winning out over the “bad guy”, who ends up not being so bad after all…

The “unresolved issues probably have to do with Lex and it’s those unresolved issues that cause him to lose to Ethan who has no unresolved issue with anyone. (Tom has not resolved his issues with Lex, Kelly has not resolved hers, Frank, etc.etc.)

Conclusion: The surprises will be little ones, the unresolved issues will come back to haunt Lex, and the expected winner will win.

Fallen Comrades Challenge:

The Fallen Comrades was the second last IC on the SI, and the last on SII. Since we'll have a final four as on SI It would make sense for it to be the next IC. Ethan has an incredible memory, as we saw when he won immunity. KimJ is a retired teacher who has to learn about her students quickly , Lex is mentally sharp and well nourished. Conclusion: Tom will not win the Fallen Comrade IC.

“…Swore on our Sons…::

Tom and Lex made a promise not to vote for each other. They have been true to their word, although they have let others “do their dirty work for them” on a few occasions. Both Lex and Tom have a strong love for their sons which we saw during the videos from home. Tom will not vote for Lex and Lex will not vote for Tom. Conclusion: KimJ and/OR Ethan will decide their fate unless they win immunity.

The LET Alliance:

The editing has featured Lex Tom and to a lesser extent Ethan all season. KimJ has played more of a supporting role. Based on the idea of editing the final 3 from beginning to end, KimJ does not fit. She has a good shot at winning the Fallen Comrade IC this week, but has not been edited as a Final 2 participant. Unless she wins Immunity she may not be strong enough to break up the LET alliance. Ethan and “his boys” may be the final 3. Conclusion: KimJ has been edited as #3 or #4, not part of the Final 2.

"Revealed Strategy Never Works" Theory:

When MB reveals a strategy to us without any attempts at concealing it, it almost never works.

Last week he showed us MK talking to Ethan about voting for either Tom or Lex and said something to the effect that "if you don't vote for them this week, you'll have to do it next week", to which Ethan half heartedly agreed. Based on MB's editing this season, that's a good indication that Ethan will not vote for Tom or Lex. So who's left? Conclusion: Mamkim is the next bootee.

“My Dad Won” Spoiler:

A while back there was a spoiler that was discounted at the time. I don’t recall exactly where I read it but the jist of of it was that one of Lex’s son was reported to have been talking at school to his friends or Teacher and said his dad won survivor. It is now looking like a possibility that the little boy heard that his dad made it to the end and not understanding about the ‘Lock-box” assumed that he won…Conclusion: Lex is in the Final 2.

So, based on the spoilers and rumors we have so far, it looks like Ethan and Lex make it to the final 2, after KimJ and Tom get voted out.

Questions: Who goes first: KimJ then Tom, or Tom then Kim?
Who will the Jury select: Ethan or Lex?

There are lots of scenarios to support either one…

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Naked 01-06-02 1
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Rose Red 01-06-02 3
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Serendipity 01-06-02 2
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Rose Red 01-06-02 4
       RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Outfrontgirl 01-06-02 5
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... dangerkitty 01-06-02 6
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Rose Red 01-06-02 7
       RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Outfrontgirl 01-06-02 8
           RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Rose Red 01-06-02 9
               RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... gemstone 01-06-02 12
               RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Krautboy 01-07-02 13
               RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Kokoro 01-07-02 17
               RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Naked 01-07-02 20
                   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Outfrontgirl 01-07-02 22
               RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... PepeLePew13 01-10-02 48
   MamaKim is next? Krautboy 01-06-02 10
       RE: MamaKim is next? Kokoro 01-07-02 18
       RE: MamaKim is next? Outfrontgirl 01-07-02 19
           RE: MamaKim is next? Swami 01-07-02 23
 Burnett Quote... sleeeve 01-06-02 11
   RE: Burnett Quote... gemstone 01-07-02 14
       RE: Burnett Quote... sleeeve 01-07-02 15
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... dabo 01-07-02 16
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Outfrontgirl 01-07-02 21
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Naked 01-07-02 27
       RE: The Usual suspects Outfrontgirl 01-07-02 29
           RE: The Usual suspects Naked 01-07-02 31
               Cameras dangerkitty 01-07-02 32
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... drich61 01-07-02 28
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Swami 01-07-02 24
 Regarding the "My Dad Won" spoiler heymikey 01-07-02 25
   RE: Regarding the "My Dad Won" spoi... sleeeve 01-07-02 30
 Origin of "Tom Finished Fourth"? Krautboy 01-07-02 26
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Serendipity 01-08-02 33
   The local papers Rose Red 01-08-02 34
       RE: The local papers Serendipity 01-08-02 35
       RE: The local papers MDSkinner 01-08-02 36
           Elisabeth vs. Ethan weltek 01-08-02 37
           RE: The local papers Serendipity 01-08-02 38
               RE: The local papers diamond 01-08-02 39
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Loree 01-08-02 40
   Tom's Sister? Krautboy 01-08-02 41
       RE: Tom's Sister? Loree 01-09-02 47
 RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... coyotedean 01-09-02 42
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... dangerkitty 01-09-02 43
       RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... coyotedean 01-09-02 44
           Tom's Prior votes Outfrontgirl 01-09-02 46
   RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoilin... Outfrontgirl 01-09-02 45
 i have no subject juan 01-10-02 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-06-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Excellent post Krautboy. Thanks for the compilation of spoilers so far this week. I agree with you that spoilers so far point to a Lex/Ethan Final 2.

Tom's sister's spoiler was a definate 4th place though. I can not find the origin of this spoiler ( I have not talked to Tom's family, and don't know if I would understand them even if I did), but everywhere I read this spoiler, it has been 4th place. This kind of makes sense in game play also, because he is probably the most feared player to sit in the final 2 with, and he has votes against. My PTTE pick says MamaKim first, but I am leaning towards Tom now because of this spoiler.

I think that the Lex's son spoiler might be a good conclusion that Lex does win though. I just can't see Lex telling his son that he won without him having a pretty good idea that he actually did.

That leaves me to the final spoiler that I haven't seen mentioned. In Franks chat, he said he had problems at New Boran because Lex was already the confirmed leader, and he is a leader type also. (paraphrasing) This confirms to me that Lex was the one masterminding the alliance, and history shows us that those who are running the show usually end up taking the check.

My new picks this week are going to be T/Mk/E/L

Naked

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-06-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Well, guys,and women, there are more spoilers out there. First of all, I refer you all to either Sleeve or IceKat or someone on this board who had word A LONG WHILE back that Tom made the Final Four. I could have the wrong poster, but it wasn't that Tom was out at four, but that he made the Four.

Also, Kelly said, either on the show, or in one of her chats, re: LEX making her swear on her brother's life (that she didn't vote for him at the time of his paranoid witchhunt moment.) Kelly said, "I didn't want to do that, but LEX, HE MAKES EVERYONE DO THAT. He makes EVERYONE swear to him on the lives of their sons or brothers or relatives."

I think she actually said this on the show in the last episode she appeared in. Also maybe in Survivor Insider or one of her post-show interviews. Anyway, she DID say it, and she emphasized that "Lex made all of us do it." But we ONLY saw him doing it with her and with Tom and Bucky Bo. No one has ever mentioned this, but I think this makes Lex's vow to Tom not as sacrosanct as it sounds. Especially since then Lex voted Kelly out. Kelly intimated that this swearing was commonplace.

Kelly also said on a Cleveland radio broadcast, "I figure Lex owes me $15,000." Probably what she would've gotten if she had lasted one more episode. In any case, this is a spoiler indicating that Lex has a lot more money now than he did.

Lex's Survivor Africa tattoo. A sure F3, if not F2 spoiler.

Another Kelly-ism. Her "shameless" T-shirt. An answer to Lex's "walk of shame" riling up the jury against him? For some one as smart and sensitive as he is...boy, does he make bad judgement calls...

Lex's son, by the way, is autistic, and the "My Dad Won" story appeared in the Star. So can we believe this statement at all?

Ethan told his mother(I'm quoting True Dork) that "I don't know how I did." Meaning he makes F2 but doesn't know if he won?

Brandon and Ethan and KIM(we don't know which KIM) met for brunch when Brandon was in NYC for the Early Show and Ethan and his friends(probably his two male roommates who also had to sign the confidentiality agreement with CBS)took Brandon out for a night on the town til 4 AM. Sounds like Ethan got Brandon's vote, too, since they did not seem to have bonded on the show...Another sign of Ethan's winning? Brandon and possibly Teresa, too, voting for Ethan?

Was it Silas who said, "Nobody speaks to Lex?" Or was that Clarence?

Clarence saying vis a vis MK"She'll do anything to win."(!?!)

Tom and Ethan's photo op. Evidence that Ethan did not vote Tom off, or vice versa. But NOT the final two. I do think they are prohibited from being seen together.

Kelly's not being able to mend fences with MK and her anger at her = no mending time at the lodge?

Fun at the Lodge= Tom gets there first.

No sighting or spoilers at all from MK, (except the possible lunch with Brandon and Ethan, but that could've been Kim P.)meaning that CBS has really Deep Six-ed her = she's in the F2?

It looks like MK, Lex and Ethan make the final three, and then it's just too close to call.

Tom is the odd man out here, judging by all these spoilers...

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-06-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Terrific summary, Krautboy.

I don't think the picture of Tom and Ethan is a sure thing, however. I personally don't think they'll be the final two, but precedent has nothing to do with it this year. Never before has MB shown us the bootee so clearly in an episode as he has this year, thereby setting new precedent. The same thing goes for IC. I was sure Ethan would win immunity last week because MB showed us that Lex was the winner, just as he showed Tom the winner the week before. Perhaps MB knows just what we expect and is doing the opposite this version.

I don't put a lot of stock into what Lex's son says either. He's a 9-year old boy who watches his dad win all these challanges, and he wants him to win. I can't believe Lex would risk a $5M lawsuit just to tell a small child that he was the winner. The fact that this was only repeated in one tabloid doesn't further convince me.

I've never seen the Tom's sister leak, but I understand it was in a Smythe County newspaper article earlier this year, or at least the rumor of it was printed. Again, I would think Tom would know better than to let his sister spread rumors like this, but I agree with those who are more convinced that this is possible having seen Tom under the effects of bourbon. As far as I know the rumor has never been repeated, which could make it true or could signify that it had been proven false.

KimP and Frank could have been told to mention either Ethan or Lex by the production staff. In the same chat Frank mentions that Lex was the acknowledged leader, but states that Ethan played the game best.

01-06-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
The Surprise is- They open the Lockbox and Out Front Girl wins it all!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-02, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
I swear on the life of my sons, RoseRed, for your kindness to me--
The day I win Survivor is the day YOU will get the first exclusive interview. ROFLMAO...

And it was sleeeve who laid out the Tom spoiler most completely in his GUT thread, which someone should bump... hint.

Great work on this thread Krautboy and everyone! Applause and kudos!

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-06-02, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Thanks Krautboy! You always have such a clear and organized way of posting your thoughts and info. Much appreciated.

You know what? I am just not going to buy into all this Tom/Lex stuff. MamaKim would be the obvious boot at this point from way way back, and MB has to do something to make us think she's not. Editing in any conversations or comments that suggest distrust or vote-changing is the only way to do that.

Frankly, I hope MK does get voted out first. She is there because she is a sheep. Lex went after Kelly because she had the nerve to think for herself, and to see that she was on the outskirts of the main alliance and therefore couldn't rely on it to support her. But in Lex's mind, Kelly was just supposed to let herself be used by the main group so that they could get where they wanted. I still don't know why Lex thinks everyone else is just out there to serve his mission to win the game. How dare they try to win it themselves! Ah well, this isn't Bashers...

The only way I would be happy with MK staying one more round is if Lex goes first. At least she would have served that purpose, of getting Lex out before the end.

I keep remembering that photo of Ethan and Tom together that came out recently, and how we tend to think that means they are not Final 2. Well, if it is common knowledge or thought that MB would NOT allow the Final 2 to be seen/photographed together and therefore it's not them, isn't that just as bad, by telling us who it isn't? I am really feeling like this is a reverse red herring, that if they are Final 2 then that photo will have been out there showing them to us all along. I have decided not to let that photo mean to me that Tom/Ethan can't be F2.

The "judgement day" comment - I have seen the preview a few times and it seems to be clipped from a longer sentence, and he's walking while he says it. Is that correct? There have been so many preview clips that seemed important, only in the show to be just something in passing. Eg., that triple handshake of LET last week, and it was just a background shot at the very beginning. There are a number of contexts that this could be said in that fit any of the days in the final ep. Not to mention the willy-nilly way MB has used preview clips this season - the same preview shows MK saying "It'll be an interesting Tribal Council." That's from, what, three eps ago? Is she so uninteresting that he has to pull old clips in order to include her?

One more thing to add: Both Tom and Lex were edited as targets in Ep 12. Ethan and MK were not. I don't think there is any possible way that MB can edit Ethan as a target. So if we extend the OFG theory to use previous episode rather than previews, this would point to MK as the first boot. Of course, at this point that is not as useful, but I do find it interesting that I have seen nothing to indicate the guys talking about booting her lately. And come on, you know they must have. (Well, I think so, anyway).

dangerkitty

01-06-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
I still say you are all ignoring the obvious and overspeculating. It's OFG by a mile....

No, but seriously, folk, OFG has sons!!! I thought of her as sort of a Kim P. type...

Can anyone find that Sleeeve spoiler about Tom that seemed to indicate that the Sleeved one had talked to somebody in Tom's town?

DK, what's the weather like in SD? In NYC it's sleeting freezing rain in sheets. But I digress...Didn't Lex and Ethan have a "let's get rid of Kim next" moment in the truck on their way to the goat town reward? This was around Kelly's ouster. I think that it went something like "We'll get Kelly next, then Kim." Of course, they didn't say WHICH Kim. Maybe next series everybody will be named Jennifer..

But the casual brutality with which Lex and Ethan discussed this was EXTREMELY cold, and shocked me, and a few others, so yes, they probably must certainly have discussed this. We just haven't been shown this. Of course, if we were shown this,we'd know immediately that she's going. Didn't we see the foreshadowing of this with the two lions jumping the gazelle(wildebeest?) from the balloon on the safari. And Lex and Tom were the lions...

And that dust devil is back again. The last time we saw it it meant NOTHING. I think this time it clearly means Out Front Girl wins!

01-06-02, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
RoseRed,

Tom Spoiler
Now Krautboy has bumped the Tom spoiler on Sleeve's Go With Your Gut thread, but that only says he makes it as far as the Final Four, which he has.

AyaK posted last week that Tom's sister says he goes fourth.
Sorry, I don't remember which thread that was on.

FWIW as an analogy, the Boston Herald maintained that Lis made it to the Final Four, similar to what we have with Tom. And she did, but Just. End of her run. So we could speculate that if he went farther the spoiler would say he went farther. We could also be WRONG if we assumed that...

Discussion of voting out Kom--which one?
I'm quite sure that was Kim Powers, who had become too friendly with Kelly. The idea at that point was to stop Kelly from giving the Samburu a majority, and Ethan's suggestion of taking out LIL Bit would have done that job.

Ethan has shown signs of happiness at each time Kim Johnson had a close call and would not casually turn on her at that stage, if ever. Furthermore, Lex and Ethan were both nervous about reducing the Boran numbers at that point. KimJ was not a candidate. Brandon had told them the night before that Kelly was crossing over to Samburu--they needed to boot some member of the Samburu alliance or Kelly to maintain control.

The counter-proposal by Ethan was to vote out Kim (Powers, I have argued) and maybe throw a couple warning votes at Kelly--similar to those thrown at Clarence earlier perhaps. Lex told him it was too risky to split votes at a TC.

Yes, Ethan sounded very callous, but after Kelly was booted we learned that Brandon had spent practically the whole night before (on guard duty?) telling all about how Kelly was the Snake/Rat to end all traitors. So Ethan was convinced she was betraying them--thus the coldness. Ethan too is a Scorpio and has that potential to get very cold and nasty to an enemy and even revel in giving them their comeuppance--ie. that mean and repeated statement, "How bullshit will Kelly be?"

For reference if people are puzzled and don't recall this scene:
it was an Insider Clip of the bus ride to Wamba with Lex, Ethan, and the goat. Not shown in the episode.

Rose, I am sorry but I don't make any symbolism out of dust devils, although they are a nice evocative image of many possible things, such as focused destruction, forces beyond control, and above all, the need for rain to come put out the smell of Tom's feet and wash Ethan's hair. But I digress.

01-06-02, 11:29 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
So from your above post, OFG, we can assume that Tom goes next and has Fun at the Lodge.

FINAL THREE

And that the final three are MK, Lex and Ethan. But in what combo? I think things point to MK NEVER getting to the Lodge, re: Kelly. But Lex and Tom seem to have interacted with her to some extent.

Lex is gonna have a permanent problem with Kelly, Lodge or no Lodge, because it's gonna be the perceived karma from her boot that costs him the million. No wonder his phone conversation with her was so short that night of her out-ing. HE thinks this is all HER fault.

And yes, MK and Ethan are totally bonded with each other. Totally.

TOM SPOILER

And we can consider Tom's feet a spoiler. MB would NEVER edit anyone who was going to win his million dollars to show that they have feet like that. Those are NOT the feet of a millionaire-to-be.

They might in reality HAVE feet like that,but to have that shown, discussed and dwelt upon! The minute somebody is depicted as smelly(i.e.Kimmi) they're on the way to the showers!

KIM J. FINAL TWO

I would love to see Kippy Larsen Johnson get to the final two. I think she's played this game as strategically and as smartly as ANYONE could. Isn't she the oldest female Survivor EVER? ISN'T THAT TERRIFIC? She's above criticism as far as I'm concerned(unless you want to count her panchant for Elephant Perfume.Hmmm, I just realized. Is that ANOTHER smelly spoiler? Uh-oh!)

We should have a thread just congratulating a mature woman getting this far. Bravo Kippy!

So Teresa was telling the truth when she said in her chats re: Kelly's boot not being just a Lex thing, but a Boron thing, when she said,"They all had their reasons."

But if it's a MK/Ethan final two, does that indicate that MK makes the choice? I.E. she wins the Fallen Comrades challenge and picks her buddy Ethan, because he's been so good to her a la Colby picking Tina, but this times the roles are reversed and she doesn't care if she wins, she wants her friend Ethan to win, because she(living in Oyster Bay, which is not too shabby and seemingly having a summer home on Fire Island, the straight part of it.Yes, there are straight parts. Vis a vis her husband's sitting on that Island fence in the video from home. Or it could've been the Hamptons.) Pardon this Proustian sentence...She wants Ethan to win the money because he needs it more than she does?

She also said earlier around the time of the Brandon/Kelly debacle, "There are three people who I don't like the way they are playing this game." And we can know assume that they weree, Brandon, Kelly AND Lex. I feel that MK would do anything to get Lex out of there. But as you say, not Ethan. Conclusion: Ethan and Mamakim are the F2, but OFG wins in a tiebreaker!

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-06-02, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
"The minute somebody is depicted as smelly(i.e.Kimmi)they're on the way to the showers!"

What about Tom talking about Kim j bathing in elephant dung. Didn't he make a reference to her smell but did not actually come out and say she smelled?

01-07-02, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-02 AT 00:19 AM (EST)

>>
>And we can consider Tom's feet
>a spoiler. MB would NEVER
>edit anyone who was going
>to win his million dollars
>to show that they have
>feet like that. Those are
>NOT the feet of a
>millionaire-to-be.
>
>They might in reality HAVE feet
>like that,but to have that
>shown, discussed and dwelt upon!
>The minute somebody is depicted
>as smelly(i.e.Kimmi) they're on the
>way to the showers!

Rose, I agree, but doesn't the same hold true for MamaKim? Do you really think MB would edit someone who was going to win his million dollars washing their face with elephant dung!?

(Edited to add: Gemstone, I like the way you think!)

Krautboy

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-07-02, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Slight correction: Sonja is the oldest female survivor ever. (63)

----------------------------------------

""If Kim J. somehow wins the million dollars, ~I'm~ going to puke on her husband."

01-07-02, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
<<<And we can consider Tom's feet a spoiler. MB would NEVER edit anyone who was going to win his million dollars to show that they have feet like that. Those are NOT the feet of a millionaire-to-be.>>>

Rose,

This is the same editor that showed his first winner, an overweight, middleaged, homosexual man, sitting around a camp full of people COMPLETLY NAKED !!!! Although I don't think that Tom wins for other spoiler reasons, this can not be a spoiler. Lots of love...
Naked

01-07-02, 03:10 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Synchronicity, Naked.
I was posting similar sentiments (less concisely) at the same time on post #21.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "

>TOM SPOILER
>
>And we can consider Tom's feet a spoiler. MB would NEVER
>edit anyone who was going to win his million dollars
>to show that they have feet like that. Those are
>NOT the feet of a millionaire-to-be.
>
>They might in reality HAVE feet like that,but to have that
>shown, discussed and dwelt upon! The minute somebody is depicted
>as smelly(i.e.Kimmi) they're on the way to the showers!

Well... Dicque (Richard) did have his flab shown and talked about and we saw him walk around in his birthday suit without a hint of shame (knowing that America would see him naked).

Sure he would, MB would edit his winner in a funny way at one time or another -- it doesn't matter if their feet smell or they have a third leg... a million dollars buys a lot of soap or some plastic surgery.

>KIM J. FINAL TWO
>
>I would love to see Kippy Larsen Johnson get to the
>final two. I think she's played this game as strategically
>and as smartly as ANYONE could. Isn't she the oldest
>female Survivor EVER?

I think Sonja and MadDog were older... but judging by the way the elder women have been used in the 3 Survivors so far, you might wonder why they even bothered in the first place. It'd be nice to get a older female Survivor who can even walk through an obstacle course or a physical team competition without getting mauled or killed.

Good points Rose and everyone else in this thresd... but I think the evidence is pretty strongly slanted towards a Tom boot in the first IC (good arguments made for Thong Granny to go first, too) and a very strong possibility of a Lex-Ethan final two.

This might actually be the most interesting of the three Survivor final votes -- it'll be a fun battle between Lex and Ethan, two very deserving finalists.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

01-06-02, 11:53 PM (EST)
10. "MamaKim is next?"
Dangerkitty, I agree that MK is the logical next boot and in fact, have entered her as my tenative Spoiling Safari pick.

The other theory that I forgot to include was the "Revealed Strategy Never Works" theory. When MB reveals a strategy to us without any attempts at concealing it, it almost never works.

Last week he showed us MK talking to Ethan about voting for either Tom or Lex and said something to the effect that "if you don't vote for them this week, you'll have to do it next week", to which Ethan half heartedly agreed. Based on MB's editing this season, that's a good indication that Ethan will not vote for Tom or Lex. So who's left? That's right...

Mamakim has been working very hard to get "the boys" to turn against one another. MB has also been working very hard to show us only the conversations dealing with the same thing. But I agree with you, "the boys" must also give some consideration to voting out MK. Why haven't we seen this? Because it's probably what happens...

I think your right. The boys stick together and vote out Mamakim, then if Ethan or Lex win Immunity (very likely) they pick each other for the Final 2 because Big Tom is just to likeable.

If you believe in the "swore on our sons" theory (Lex and Tom won't vote against each other), then it follows that Ethan must win the Final Immunity and selects Lex to go against in the Final 2, because Tom is just too popular. Tom can't blame Ethan for that...

Krautboy

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-07-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: MamaKim is next?"
Also on that train of thought something that I haven't seen mentioned....Last week in an interview (I believe it was a solo interview, although it may have been with Teresa) Mama said something to the effect of: "They don't want it to come down to the 3 of them" or "They won't let it come down to the 3 of them"

----------------------------------------

"If Kim J. somehow wins the million dollars, ~I'm~ going to puke on her husband." - Me

01-07-02, 02:36 AM (EST)
19. "RE: MamaKim is next?"
Krautboy,
>If you believe in the "swore on our sons" theory (Lex and Tom won't vote against each other...

I take the "son-swearing" evidence a little differently, i.e. not that Lex and Tom swore "never" to vote each other; rather never to do it until they were down to three.

In Episode 2, Lex came to Ethan and asked Ethan if he wanted to form a Final 3 alliance with him and Tom. Lex says he and Tom have already sworn on their sons (won't break their word).

Lex says he talked to Tom about the agreement already formed between Lex, KimJ, and Ethan, and he has now proposed to Tom this alternate alliance with Ethan, the "most honest guys" in the game alliance--L-E-T, which Ethan sort of agrees is the way "it has to be."

Lex says the alliance with Tom will be that they don't "cannibalize" each other until they're "down to three."

If Lex told the story of the "swearing" honestly, it only went to the Final 3. At that point they could vote for each other. In other words, the "marriage" to Lex metaphor Tom uses has been shown as misdirection. Instead it's a menage a trois.

BUT, the plot thickens when we consider that Lex never got around to telling Kelly she was out of the Final 3 alliance he set up with her shortly after the game started--pre-Tom. Well, not until he voted her out.

In Episode 3 Insider, Kim J says she has a meeting of the minds with 2 (clearly Lex and Kelly) and is crazy about Ethan and wants him in an alliance (of 4),, but he seems unwilling to commit.

She goes back and forth as to whether Ethan is in, but you can put Kim and Kelly's story together and with reasonable certainty say that Kim and Kelly thought Tom only THOUGHT he was at the core.

KimJ then says (in Ep 3, I think), that she wonders if Lex is playing both sides of the fence. Well, at this point he has already allied with Tom and Ethan, so I would say she has reason to be suspicious.

The question is, what fell apart and what firmed up between Episode 3 and the final Four? Apart from the fact that Lex managed to get rid of Kelly before he got embarassed by the fact he had FIVE people in his combined Final 3 alliances...

As to the suballiances, Burnett has not shown us any Final 2 Alliance in this show that had a chance of coming to fruition.

I still think Burnett has subtly led us to assume there must be a hidden Colby-Tina alliance between Kim and Ethan by NOT showing their discussions.

If no such alliance exists, then that's another reason why we might not see L-E-T talking about when to boot Kim--because they have talked about it and Ethan had no objection to knocking her out at 4th...

OR, L-E-T may have left their agreement so that the "best man" at the Final IC could make the choice freely as to who they would take with them. That's one way to play the game.

BUT, say MamaKim wins the next IC. At that point, the threesome must cannibalize, so I would think Tom and Lex are free to vote for each other at that point.

There's more to say about the possible ways it could go, but this is long enough! My original point is that the son-swearing has been made to look like an absolute deal not to vote against each other ever (through editing).

The Episode 2 conversation about L-E-T was EXTREMELY hard to catch, in whispers, and the average viewer probably couldn't recall it at this point. I had to go back and replay my tape several times before I finally got it.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: MamaKim is next?"
>what firmed up between Episode 3 & the final Four?

OFG, was it late in Ep2 or early in Ep3 that we saw Ethan telling MK, (I don't remember the exact words) something like--if Boran loses the next IC we may have to vote you out.

Of course this was when immunity was still tribal, and they needed strength & quickness (neither of which MK has). Nonetheless, at that time L/E/T certainly saw MK as the expendable 4th. I don't see what she has done to merit changing that status.

I also remember Rudy voting for Rich at the end in S1, because he gave his word to him. Similarly. I wonder if the L/E/T three have one or more twosomes with a similar promise. I.e., L & T will not vote against each other, or T & E will not vote against each other. In a close jury vote, this could be a major factor.

Swami

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-06-02, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Burnett Quote..."
There's another quote from Mark Burnett that I think we should consider... it's mentioned in my GUT (which Krautboy bumped back to page one today), but I'll restate it here:

When asked if he knew who won this time, Mark Burnett said something to the effect of "If I answered that question, it might reveal how I edited the show."

That has always meant one thing to me: There is someone that is either controversial or unliked that made it to the finals this time, and Mark Burnett had to make sure that the person did not win, before he edited the person's personality for the show.

In other words, if Lex makes the finals, and then loses because no one liked him, people need to know what the reason for his loss was... but if he made it to the finals, and then won, MB would not want to reveal too much animosity toward him, or the audience would be upset that he won.

Similarly, if Tom made it to the finals, Mark Burnett might choose to hide some of the potentially inappropriate remarks that he made if he was the winner (so that the audiance would like him), but if he did not win, those remarks could be included, because it would not affect the audience's opinion of the eventual winner.

Consequently, I would rule out a MamaKim/Ethan final, because neither of these were inappropriate or controversial, and consequently, if both made the final two, MB would proudly reveal that once again, no one knew the final two (something that he was extremely proud of last season)... (and the audience would be happy with either winner, as they were with Tina and Colby).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-07-02, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Burnett Quote..."
What do you think this combined statement from Teresa means?

Teresa said that the outcome isn't a surprise to HER because she was with To\L\E\Kj so long and knew how they were playing. But then she says WE will be surprised by the outcome because MB has a way throwing kinks in there. She says it is going to be an interesting show. She says she is pretty sure she knows the final outcome.

Clips are at http://maui1.to/~survivor

01-07-02, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Burnett Quote..."
To be honest, I'm really leaning toward a Tom/Lex final... we've seen the alliance between Tom and Ethan, we've seen the alliance between Lex and Ethan...

...but we've seen that Tom wants Lex voted off... I think that despite this feeling, Tom will stay tru to his original alliance with Lex right up to the end, and vote out first Mama Kim (see Krautboy's "revealed strategy never works" theory), followed by Ethan (who would easily beat either Lex or Tom, so if either wins immunity in the final three, they will get rid of him).

Who wins??? Tom, of course... or maybe Lex.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-02, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
I don't know if this is reliable, but early on in the Yahoo Tom Room (I mean before the first episode aired) someone claiming to know Tom indicated that Tom had told him he placed third. Unfortunately, Yahoo only keeps the 100 most recent posts up to read, so that one is long lost.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

01-07-02, 03:05 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
Hot thread, Krautboy!
I put a long old post up there and by the time it appeared it had 3 or 4 after it. *waves at post way up the thread*

I am all confused again, and you and dangerkitty and sleeve are all combining to unsettle me.

Kim is indeed the weakest link... but then she never made up with Kelly at the Lodge, so I figured she wasn't there long enough to do any patching up. For people who were sympatico friends while in the game, it doesn't seem to take more than a day--even after betrayal. Example: Kim and Brandon.

A comment on what seems to be a shared assumption here that Burnett will try to edit the winner as likeable. I'm not sure I buy into that.

Survivor 1 was a huge hit with the "villain" of the piece winning and the runner-up was surely not America's Sweetheart either.

I know Burnett said we would be happy with the winner in The Outback. He got two people it was possible to edit as likeable. (Although he was wrong in my case. I did not like Tina even though she played well, and I wasn't happy.)

From that statement, are we assuming he learned his lesson in Survivor One, that America must like the winner? A statement he chose to show from Silas comes to mind: "Nice guys finish last in this game." <ping>

It's Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, not OutCharm or OutEntertain.
How do we know that Burnett wasn't satisfied to have another colorful (literally) villain win? Or a funny, crazy redneck for a change? Or a cerebral, athletic, shy Jewish boy with a more low-key personality?

What I do buy into is that we would know the winner very well, and so I don't think Kim J has a shot. I guess people disagree as to whether Ethan has had a lot of presence.

The point is that Burnett got amazing ratings as America watched the guy people loved to hate win the million, and personally I'd take Dicque as an entertaining spokesperson over Tina any day. But then, I was rooting for Will to win Big Brother 2, so I guess I'm kind of perverse that way.

So, why must the winner of Survivor Africa be edited as likeable?
I kind of think Burnett prefers that the public doesn't get that comfortable with what type of character wins this game. You hate some, you like some... It's not a game that favors a likeable person getting to the end. As Silas said...<ping>

01-07-02, 06:11 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
<<< What I do buy into is that we would know the winner very well, and so I don't think Kim J has a shot. >>>

OFG,

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. For Mamkim to win right now, we would have to have the Usual Suspects ending where we go back to previous scenes whith MamaKim really being Kaiser Sosa. I don't think that it is possible for her to win for a lot of reasons, but this has to be #1

Naked

01-07-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Usual suspects"
LMAO Naked (and thank you for your funny summary! I forgot to include that in my vote last week. My bad.)

Kaiser Sosa = Mama Kim! NOT! I just watched that movie for the third time. Yes, I can see it now. In the final IC she runs like the wind and shimmies up a rope ladder just the way Verbal Kint lost his gimp at the end of the movie. But even Verbal had tons of face time... we just didn't know who he was.

Now the question is, did she have enough face time to be #2, or even #3?

Was it you who asked me about Ethan's relationship to her in Episode 3 or 4 (sorry,can't see the whole thread here.

I loaned my tape of Ep 3 out and didn't get it back, but in Ep 4, remember how Kim loses the RC (the net-climb for food baskets) and they all try to tell her it's OK (but it isn't).
There were some pans to Ethan looking really bummed out when she was going down in flames, and I think NOT just because his team was losing, but because she had made herself the next obvious target.

Because Boran lost so badly at the beginning, they HAD to vote to strengthen the team and not along alliance lines in order for any of them to stay in the game.

Anyway, there is a telling scene perhaps where Ethan and Kim walk alone to get the IC treemail, where they both HOPE the IC isn't entirely physical and discuss how her ass is on the line. And Ethan is clearly distressed at the fact because he wants her to stay. Then they are all ecstatic when the house-moving IC allows Kim to be an architect and they win IC.

So it's my take that Kim has provided a lot of emotional stability to Boran including handing out the nourishment/cooking, and they all trusted her too, unlike Kelly.
So it's quite possible that Ethan feels close to Kim.
Seems to me that the obvious target if the L-E-T alliance breaks down is Tom, and if it holds, a regretful goodbye to Kim.

01-07-02, 10:25 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The Usual suspects"
<<< Was it you who asked me about Ethan's relationship to her in Episode 3 or 4 (sorry,can't see the whole thread here. >>>

OFG, I don't think that was me, but it could have been. It is always fun reading, and thinking about your well thought out posts.

I don't think that MamaKims lack of face time assures her 4th spot though. Kelly from S1 was pretty underdeveloped untill we saw her do yoga for an hour in the final episode, and she made it to the 2nd spot. When she won the final IC, I knew that Rich was going to win because we hardly knew Kelly. I think that if she would have won, MB would have edited his show differntly.

I also don't buy into the "lockbox" thing. Someone films the final voting, so there is someone who knows who won. I don't think MB wants some camera man being the only person to know the outcome. I think that the lockbox last year is just as fake as the helicoptor ride Jeff Probst took.

Naked

01-07-02, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Cameras"
Naked, last year it was reported here that they used fixed-mount (is that the word? LOL) cameras to film the voting. So no one actually saw it. I agree, it would be idiocy for MB to not know but to allow a cameraman to see all the votes! (thus leading to umpteen more "uncle camerman" spoilers, god forbid).

I do agree, though, with the points a few posters have made, that SOMEONE has to see the votes to be sure no one did something screwy or stupid or anything that would embarass MB. That said, it is possible to still argue for the "lockbox" theory by suggesting that a different person looks at each vote to make sure it is ok. Creating the same situation with those people as with the jurors themselves, basically - if they all get together and compare, they could figure it out. And if anyone is being obsessive about it, that could be foiled, also. (they don't even know who the others are, for one).

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-02, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
>Kim is indeed the weakest link...
>but then she never made
>up with Kelly at the
>Lodge, so I figured she
>wasn't there long enough to
>do any patching up. For
>people who were sympatico friends
>while in the game, it
>doesn't seem to take more
>than a day--even after betrayal.
> Example: Kim and Brandon.

There is a HUGE difference between what happened with KimP and Brandon, and the comment a supposed friend KimJ said to Kelly. That is something that will not be as easily let go, no matter how much time passes.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
>Fallen Comrades Challenge:
>
>Ethan has an incredible
>memory, as we saw when
>he won immunity. KimJ is
>a retired teacher who has
>to learn about her students
>quickly , Lex is mentally
>sharp and well nourished.

The memory challenge which Ethan so soundly won, indicates he has a strong visual memory. This does not necessarily mean he remembers things he hears just as easily. Also, he talks often about how alone he is, how alone he feels. How well do you listen when you feel so alone? Anyway, I see Lex as the strongest potention winner for Fallen Comrades.

>
>“…Swore on our Sons…::
>
>Tom and Lex made a promise
>not to vote for each
>other.
> Tom
>will not vote for Lex
>and Lex will not vote
>for Tom.

What I wonder here is, does this promise also extend to the vote when one or the other is on the jury? In a final between Lex & Ethan, is Tom obligated to vote for Lex? And similarly, in a Tom/Ethan final, is Lex obligated to vote for Tom? I think so.

Swami

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-07-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Regarding the "My Dad Won" spoiler"
I don't think Lex's kid knows whether his dad won Survivor 3 or if he is in the Final 2. I think the reason why he said that was because of Lex's new truck. If you look at the previous Survivor shows, each winner not only wins a million bucks but also a new car. I think Lex's kid saw the new truck and he thought that his dad won.

01-07-02, 07:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Regarding the "My Dad Won" spoiler"
No prizes (including the new truck or the million dollars) are awarded to the contestants until AFTER the final episode airs... this has two purposes:

1) If a contestant says too much, the prize can be revoked.
2) No one will see a contestant using their prize, and figure out how well they did in the show.

01-07-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
26. "Origin of "Tom Finished Fourth"?"
Below are the posts that have been claimed to be the Original "Tom finished 4th Posts". They are copied fron Surviiivor.com (Notice the dates...from this past summer)

Draw your own conclusions...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

lycosa Member4 posts 08-31-01, 02:55 PM (PST)

21. "RE: Tom Buchannan"In response to message #20 I'm a salesman who lives in the Bristol VA area and sometimes my work takes me to Saltville. A "good friend" of Tom's says that he finished 4th.

Printer-friendly page | Top
lycosa Member4 posts 09-01-01, 07:42 PM (PST)

25. "RE: Tom Buchannan"In response to message #22 I really don't know how to back up my info.All I can tell you is this guy in Saltville claims to be a "good friend" of his.I work in the area and live about 15-20 miles from Saltville. This guy sort of danced around the thing and said that Tom hadn't told him anything.I guess doing a little CYA work.He said that he had a feeling that he finished in the top 4 and winked at me. I don't know whether to believe it or not.I have a co-worker that is in Saltville 3 days a week.I'm only there periodically.I will try to get more info from him as I can.

32. "Bristol Editorial article 8/31"
In response to message #0

http://www.bristolnews.com/editorial/MGBIW5YB1RC.html This article was in the editorial page of the Bristol paper, it's mostly the same as the previous article. The other post is right, the town is buzzing with news about Tom and the stories sometimes differ. One of the current topic is that at one point during filming he had to go 4 days without food. Depending on who's telling the story, it occasionally says that he had to go 4 days without water (an obviously less believable version). One thing everyone seems to agree on is that Tom hasn't been talking. What he did talk about though was that he had sent a tape in for the application process. He bragged that he had jumped up on his tractor and said, I'm just an 'ole farm boy, and sent the tape in. He also bragged about flying out to the interview and what he told the lady that interviewed him regarding tatoos of the male anatomy. I have also heard the rumor that he finished in the top 4 but have no evidence to know that it's more than a rumor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone else has other information about "Tom Finished Fourth" I'd love to see it...

Krautboy

01-08-02, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
For what it's worth.......

The most recent issue of the Santa Cruz newspaper has an article about the town rooting for Lex.

The last paragraph says that "Mr. Van der Berghe was most recently employed as a marketing manager for an Internet company".

I guess he is no longer employed.

01-08-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
34. "The local papers "
Just very interesting to note the support and continued attention the Santa Cruz paper and the one in Tom's home town has focused on them. Whereas there are no papers here in New York that have bothered to record or report on either Ethan or MK? A press black-out or just indifference to the show which is not as watched here as it used to be last season, to say the least.
Or is this some kind of reverse spoiler? There's a tight lid being kept on MK and Ethan? Hmmmm....

01-08-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
35. "RE: The local papers "
Yes, it is a little surprising. Boston papers wrote about Elisabeth a lot, yet nothing about Ethan.

You would think the Star Ledger would be writing something about Ethan since he coaches at Fairleigh Dickinson or some other northern New Jersey school.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The local papers "
I think it makes a huge difference that Tom is from a smaller home town. Towns of that size or smaller always have a tendency to cling to their celebrity, since that is BIG news to have someone being in the national spotlight like that. Not so much for New York. For that person that mentioned Liz, I think that she was a special case. She was like America's sweetheart. So, I guess, my point here is that I do not see any spoiler value to this.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Elisabeth vs. Ethan"
I don't think the Elisabeth thing is too different from Ethan, so I think it's pertinent to point out Ethan's lack of coverage. Granted a good looking woman always gets more attention than a good looking man, but come on, Ethan has local coaching ties, and he is already a professional soccer player. I'd think the media would be eating him up. I just don't know if this lends much spoiler info.

01-08-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
38. "RE: The local papers "
You're probably right in that it has little spoiler value.

But Ethan is almost as much America's hunk as Elisabeth was the sweetheart. He has several brothers and his parents all still living in the Boston area.

Long Island, too, has several small papers, and Kimmi Kappenberg got coverage in these. Judging by her house, it could be that Kim J's family is just a little too prominent within the community, whereas Kimmi was a bartender on Long Island.

As I said before, Ethan teaches at a college in New Jersey and you would certainly think there would be interest in that area. We haven't even seen a mention by the college newspaper.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-08-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The local papers "
I agree that the dearth of press attention has no spoiler value. The press has, in general, simply been less interested in Survivor, including its contestants, this go around than it was before.

For the record, though, while the links have not appeared on any of the Survivor-related sites, there have been a number of articles, some of which can be found by Google search, about Ethan in the Boston-area papers, as well as on the Vassar and FDU websites. The Vassar alumni website even has a whole page, which is updated weekly, devoted to him. So I don't think it can be said that Ethan has not been getting any press attention.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling "
I really believe Tom goes first of the final 4. He would lose a tie to everyone but Lex. And Lex is now getting paranoid that Tom is plotting against him. I believe Tom goes first. Then MamaKim. Ethan and Lex have a true friendship loyalty and stick together to the final 2. I think Ethan has a stronger bond with Lex than with MamaKim. And with Lex doubting Tom I do think Lex and Ethan will stick together like glue to the end.

I believe the story of Tom's sister saying Tom makes the final 4. She seemed to know Tom went on that safari reward. So Tom was doing some talking. And yes it was probably when he was drinking. Does MB realize Tom has a big mouth?

01-08-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
41. "Tom's Sister?"
Loree, do you or does anyone have a link or know the source of the "Tom's Sister" story? Is it real or just an evolution of the "Saltville Salesman's Friend" story?

Krautboy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Tom's Sister?"
I read about Tom's sister saying Tom made it to the final 4 back when the season was first starting. So I don't remember what the link was. It was to a local newspaper or something. But the fact that he had lost so much weight made me believe he obviously went far in the game. So I didn't think much of it. But when he went on the safari with Lex was when I started to think back. Tom's sister had also said that Tom won a safari trip. Okay, Tom didn't win it - Lex did. But Tom's sister knew about the trip Tom went on. So Tom had to have told her something. She could have guessed the 4th place thing, but how would she know he went on a safari reward if Tom didn't talk? I think Tom maybe blabs too much when he drinks and it would be easy for a family member or friend to get him talking about the game when he had been drinking. Tom always says that he talks before he thinks.

coyotedean 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-09-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coyotedean Click to send private message to coyotedean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling BATTING ORDER"
I just wanted to add one item to additionally spoil the speculation.

Back when Lex gave Brandon the Guarantee of 5th place we all assumed that, Lex was replacing 5th place Kelly.

Maybe Kelly was 4th or even 3rd place and one or 2 people were bumped higher by 'Jinga'ing Kelly out of the stack and shimming Brandon in at the bottom (5th).

It may seem like its a little late to bring this up, but if Tom, Ethan or KimJ (1,2 or even all 3 of them) moved closer to the #1 spot by the Brandon/Lex manuver, then they might owe Lex something.

Also, it re-inforces the theory of the 'Batting Order'(logical next person out:KIMP) that was bantered about in S2.

01-09-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling BATTING ORDER"

Hi coyotedean!

I distinctly remember Lex saying "I offered Brandon the fifth spot in the alliance, replacing Kelly." It sounded pretty staightforward - he may have even said it more plainly. I see what you are getting that - that we may have misinterpreted that - but combined with the previous episodes that clearly put Kelly on the outskirts of the alliance, I can't imagine it making a difference. Remember when the three went to Samburu, Lex and Tom talked about Kelly like she was an outsider almost, "one of the kids" they got stuck with. And Ethan referred to his "two closest friends", which clearly was not Kelly.

Only MK could possibly have been fifth instead of Kelly, and I don't think even she was, nor how it would be enough of an improvement under the circumstances to make her owe Lex anything special for it. Certainly the guys have always been the top three. And no one seemed to approve of Lex doing that, and it was quite a risk to the whole group.

dangerkitty

coyotedean 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-09-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coyotedean Click to send private message to coyotedean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling BATTING ORDER"
Hi DangerKitty!!

Thanks for the news. At least we're all on the same page that there is a batting order.

We just don't know who will spoil it by winning immunity nor who is closer to # 1 (Ethan or Tom) or if MamaKim can convince Ethan that he can be in the final 2 with her. But its a crap-shoot if there's a LET F3.

I'm still not sure if anyone besides Lex knows of Tom's 3 Samburu votes. Did JP show Teresa's vote last week? They may think it was another against KimJ.

KimJ and Ethan may not know TOM has any, nor did they see who Teresa voted for. I think they do know KimP(bless her lil' heart) sent a warning to to KimJ before her flame was closed. So everyone knows KimJ has one.

It could be a very interesting Tribal council... (where have I heard that b4?) When you concider the Auction where Tom and Ethan paired up and Lex Bargained with MKimJ for the the Fried chicken.

Has MK been living on borrowed time?
Has Tom Spooked Lex into slitting his boil holder?
Is Ethan the biggest threat?
Are they tired of Lex winning all the goodies?
Did Lex gain a jury vote by wooing Brandon?
Will MB pull the ultimate twist and replace the Final 4 with the Jury members?
What smells worse... Tom's feet or MamaKim's hair?
Will Lex win a second Avalanche? and one million dollars?
When are they gunna eat that RED chicken?

01-09-02, 06:14 PM (EST)
46. "Tom's Prior votes"
LOL, coyoted, funny post!

You scared me for a minute that Ethan and Kim might not know about Tom's priors, so I racked my brains.

In the Brandon boot episode, everyone in Boran knew that Tom was the one on the block with Lex winning immunity, due to his prior votes. They were all discussing that Tom had a problem, and although we didn't see them mention the votes, Tom strategized with Ethan over the Brandon vote (as we saw), and Tom must have explained to Ethan why he (Tom) was sure he was the target of the Samburu if they reunited for a 4-4 vote.

01-09-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Unofficial State Of The Spoiling BATTING ORDER"
Well, here's the evidence I've seen that Kelly had been promised better than 5th.

1) In Samburu camp, (after Lindsey boot, but before merge?)
Lex, Kelly, and Tom stand together and Lex says to them, only a few immunity challenges between us and the Final 4. To which they all woo-hoo. Therefore Kelly is promised better than 5th place.

2) In one of her interviews, she said she played Survivor (too much) as a Numbers Game. She thought she was good because in the first few days she had met her 2 goals, a Final 4 and a Final 3 alliance, for both of which she was approached by LEX.

3) Mama Kim's Ep 3 Insider indicates that she and Kelly are allying with Lex and (if he commits) Ethan, not with Tom.

If you think about it, Kelly would not have entered an alliance to be #5; in fact, nobody is willing to do that.

My personal theory is that Lex had 5 allies and only 4 slots for them (3 really), and he made 2 if not 3 separate alliance agreements.

Therefore he REALLY needed to boot intelligent Kelly soon after the merge, because they did not like each other and she was going to figure it out soon, although it seems from what Kelly says that she still thought her alliance was good until she came under suspicion.

For me, this is why Kim J doesn't like the way Lex is playing the game--not the psycho behavior but the playing both sides of the fence with his alliances; telling Tom one thing and Kim/Kelly another.

PS To Krautboy
It was AyaK who posted about Tom's sister--that I saw. He did not give a link or a source at that time.

juan 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-10-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juan Click to send private message to juan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "i have no subject"
ok first come on, are we really even considering lex's son claim, or tom's sister knows the truth? why do we even give these merit. so there is a dust devil, so what? tom and ethan are pictured together means they obviously cant be the final two, but then maybe MB wants us to think that and they are the final two, or he thought that far and wants us to think they cant be the final two but are the final two but really arent the final two. all of a sudden we think tom is bourbun drinking fool. why does ethan's newspaper not picking up the story become spoiler value necessarily? if the final two dont know, and the jury may not even know the answer, how would these newspapers know the answer thus making a story out of it or not making a story out of it?

and now the lockbox or some vote tallying or something will be like nothing we have seen before? yeah we have gotten taken in by hype before and fooled. maybe jeff wont make any speeches and that is the difference!!! but what i want to see either replacing a final4 member with a jury member (someone above mentioned this) or the IC winner has to give the immunity to someone else, there you go lex. yes i know its unlikely, so you dont need to tell me 50 reasons why it couldnt work or wont work, its just humor.

so in the end someone wins, so what. we all know its ethan, um or tom, or maybe mamakim, but we all know its not lex, or maybe it could be lex, but that isnt important. more importantly what ever happened to the three tribes? it was so strongly spoiled about. Yes and that chicken that got away last episode, look at the spoiler value in that. maybe it gets away for good, becoming the ultimate survivor (only to run 50 feet and get eaten by a lion). what happened to teresa getting sick and leaving the lodge for a period of time? if you know there are going to be challenges like the SOS challenge, why do you continue to let people bring paint as their luxury item? what is with frank in a skirt? so how do people know when they have tree mail? a couple of the tree mails stated they had x amount of time to get ready to compete for something. what happens if they sleep past that time and dont go looking for tree mail until that evening or something? whats with the blue images? how does lex get his avalanche home? if i won that, id sleep in that instead. maybe put that air on. a little heater action for in the morning. drive to the watering hole instead of lugging around all those pots. how did they get away with one tribe winning all that water, and then sending three of them away at the split?

my gut says rudy wins.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •