The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol vs. House"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-21-07, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol vs. House"
Is anyone else upset that they have to put House on haitus for 3 weeks so that Idol can show their auditions?

I enjoy watching Idol (except for the cruelty to people that has nothing to do with their singing ability) but House is my show. No fair!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol vs. House arkiegrl 01-21-07 1
   RE: American Idol vs. House Snidget 01-21-07 2
 RE: American Idol vs. House Colonel Zoidberg 01-23-07 3
   RE: American Idol vs. House jbug 01-23-07 4
       RE: American Idol vs. House Colonel Zoidberg 01-24-07 8
           RE: American Idol vs. House Snidget 01-24-07 9
               RE: American Idol vs. House Snidget 01-28-07 12
 RE: American Idol vs. House 2Centz 01-23-07 5
 RE: American Idol vs. House qwertypie 01-24-07 6
   RE: American Idol vs. House mistyrose52 01-24-07 7
       RE: American Idol vs. House Jadens Mommy 01-24-07 10
 RE: American Idol vs. House TxMom2011 01-25-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-07, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
Doesn't bother me at all. I don't watch House.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-07, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
I watch House but it doesn't bother me.

They gotta do what they gotta do to get the ratings to make the money.

Yep, it sometimes svcks that they mess with the schedule so much, but it ain't personal and they all do it.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-23-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
There was a four-week hiatus for the World Series, followed later by a one-week hiatus for no reason, a two-week hiatus for the holidays, and then another one-week hiatus, and all that gets followed by a two-week hiatus. FOX is doing to House what it did to Family Guy and Futurama - screwing around with it. It's as if it wants House to be cancelled when, frankly, its repeats do better in the ratings than most of its new shows. Stupid, stupid FOX. If American Idol is going to be on Thursdays thos year because FOX thinks it can take down Survivor, then why bump House? Why not schedule the early parts on Wednesday and Thursday? Idjets.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
> If American Idol
>is going to be on
>Thursdays thos year because FOX
>thinks it can take down
>Survivor, then why ............

Is AI REALLY going to switch to Thursdays and try to take on Survivor? I mean, I like to watch AI, and will most weeks, but NOT if it's on against Survivor! NEVER! lol
I remember missing some of the AI results shows last season when there was a conflict with another show I liked - tho right now I can't remember what it was (senior moment)& I chose the other show.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-24-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
I'm not 100% sure it is, but I think it is, or at least part of it is. I think they are going to Wednesdays for the performance and Thursdays for the results.

01-24-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
I know I saw rumors that they were thinking of going Wed-Thurs, but I don't know if that went through, I can't remember but I thought they decided not to do that, but I can't find anything specific on it.

Given that it's showing Tues and Weds for the auditions I think they may stick with Tues Wed (with Tues, Weds, Thursday for the boy and girl nights for the narrow to the final 12)

01-28-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
12. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
Here is the upcoming schedule from TVGuide Jan29-Feb4 edition.

Feb 6 (Tu) LA Auditions
Feb 7 (W) The Tryouts Clip Show
Feb 13 (Tu) Hollywood Round, Part 1.
Feb 14 (W) Hollywood Concludes top 24 announced.
Feb 20 (Tu) Top 12 Men perform
Feb 21 (W) Top 12 Woman perform
Feb 22 (Th) First results show two men, two woman go home.
Mar 8 (Th) Top 12 finalists announced
Mar 13 (Tu) First Finalist Performance
Mar 14 (w) First Finalist voted off.

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-23-07, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Idol vs. House"

I am totally bummed. I mean how many hours of totally staged sh!tty auditions can we handle?

These people get passed through many stages of auditions to get in the room with the judges so they can be ridiculed on national TV. How is that entertainment?

Even the Gong Show was better.

I'm OK to watch once they get to Hollywood, but bumping other shows for this crud is ridiculous and embarassing for the MILLIONS of people who get off on making fun of the talentless.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-07, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
Count me in!

I've been Tribed! And I liked it!

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-24-07, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
I AM!!! I'll take House anyday over AI! Not that I don't watch AI after they've gone through the weeding out process, but it really gets boring and annoying watching them go through person after thousand and one person, just to get to the top-20, is it??

I enjoy Hollywood week (or is it 2??); once THAT starts, I feel it's kicked off, and we can start really critiquing and enjoying the rise and fall of the wannabees.

But right now, I'm watching House on USA, on the weekends, got a full set of season 2, and looks like I'll have to see if I can find another season on DVD somewhere to catch me up.....UGH! What can you do???

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-24-07, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
I think I'll go kill myself.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-25-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: American Idol vs. House"
No - I am not upset and neither are the folks on House. House gained its initial audience from AI watchers because it came on right afterwards -- thats how I started watching it. I can wait a few weeks for it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •