The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IDOL CONTESTANTS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ALIMURPHY 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-19-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ALIMURPHY Click to send private message to ALIMURPHY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IDOL CONTESTANTS"
I think that all conestants should be prejudged by another panel, to see if they have an even slim chance!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS aquariaqueen 01-19-07 1
   RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS Snidget 01-19-07 2
   RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS BlueLies 01-19-07 3
       RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS Fishercat 01-19-07 4
       RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS xwraith27 01-19-07 5
           RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS BlueLies 01-20-07 6
               RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS parachutes 02-01-07 7
                   RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS Jadens Mommy 02-02-07 8
                       RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS Snidget 02-02-07 9
 RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS bossygrl27 02-03-07 10
 RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS nailbone 02-05-07 11
 RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS FSUGUY 02-05-07 12
   RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS Sues 02-08-07 14
 RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS bob_chester 02-08-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-19-07, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
They already are.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
From every report by people who have been to tryouts there is a couple of rounds of judging before you see Simon, Paula, and Randy.

In the last round of judging they can't see 10,000 people in two days at 2 minutes per audition each.

Converting 20000 audition*minutes to days gives you just under 14 days if they did it 24 hours a day.

I've seen video on TV of the process but don't recall all the details, but I think those clips where they show all the bad singers singing the same song is one of several rounds.

They send to Simon, Paula and Randy a few sets of people.

The very good who have a shot.

The very bad for the Paula, Simon, Randy reaction shots and comments.

The ones with really good stories/funny costumes, etc. They may be mediocre (not really good or really bad) but they will make you smile or cry.

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-19-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-07 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

Then they are not doing a very good job. The three judges are taking all the heat, they should be more involved in the process and/or add yet another level to the advancement process to make up for what they should be doing in the first place. In the real world, of course, this would mean the screening personnel would be fired and replaced by competent, proactive professionals who have good intentions, but we're not talking about a reality show, then, now are we?

Oh, the contradictions rage on.

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-07, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
They're getting what seem to be the best (who goes on), the good (those who are decent singers but get actual critiques from the judges. You know, the ones who don't make TV except for the comment where a random person says "They said I needed to _________"), the horrid, and even the costumed.

They did a poor job of weeding out people who could truly potentially be hurt by the judges comments for a cheap laugh, but they get what they need to.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-19-07, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
Exactly. R/S/P only see the contestants who were given them, and like Snidget said, they're the absolute best and the absolute worst. Thing is, if they replace the screening panel (which I believe consists of producers and talent scouts), then they won't be able to show any bad auditions. If they let R/S/P be more involved in the preliminary screenings (i.e., have them sit in the screening panel), then they'd probably have to pay them a couple more hundred thousand bucks or so for each workday.

I think only thing we can really hope for is that people wise up and see that this stage of the competition is nothing but pure fluff. Maybe if the ratings for the audition rounds plummet, producers will see how sick some people are of their antics.

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-07, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-07 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

It doesn't really matter now.

Whatever they do or don't do will reflect on what the show is really about. They are trapped.

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

parachutes 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-01-07, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parachutes Click to send private message to parachutes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
I'm sure there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes of the show that we don't know about, including extensive screening of all contestants prior to being seen by Randy, Simon & Paula.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
Not all contestants. My young sis-in-law tried out and she sang for only 5 seconds and they yelled, "Next!" Mind you, she's good but I guess there's only a certain number of good and bad singers they can allow through. She wasn't dressed in a special or weird way nor did she have a gimmick.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
I wouldn't think all contestants get several rounds of screening.

However the ones that get to R/P/S have been gone through several rounds of screening.

That first cut from 10-20,000 down to a number where they can actually spend anytime at all listening to any of them has to be pretty brutal, and I'd expect only 1-10% of those get much more than that first 5-15 seconds.

If you are good, but not great, or not the type they are looking for (or so bad you make good TV) you probably won't even make it past the first round of judges.

bossygrl27 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-07, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bossygrl27 Click to send private message to bossygrl27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
They do they go through two other sets of judges before they get to Randy and Paula and Simon. The producers just put the bad people through for entertainment value. Some are funny but some are just stupid. They have been showing alot more bad ones this year than good ones!!!!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
They are prejudged, but not everyone even gets to that point. Of the thousands of people lined up to audition, only a certain number of random people are given tickets to get to audition. The rest go home. If they're given a tickets, they get to audition before the prejudging production types. A couple of rounds of these get them before S/P/R, or get them sent home.

So even the prejudged group is but a small percentage of those that actually show up. this could explain how some of the real freaks get through, because their costumes/unusual looks stand them out from the crowd at the very start.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-05-07, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
here's a link to a guy that tried out.... with pics...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1491607

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
>here's a link to a guy
>that tried out.... with pics...
>
>
>http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1491607

obviously I don't know how he sounded...but he sure is cute enough, wonder why he didn't make it? Cool pics of the place though...what a crowd!

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: IDOL CONTESTANTS"
OMG have you been watching the show. They explain this almost every week.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •