The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

longtimelurker 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-04-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail longtimelurker Click to send private message to longtimelurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
Anyone notice Lex's comment last night, "I've probably gotten to know the 4 other people that are left here better than some people I've known for 5, 10 years." How many times can his cocky comments come to fruition?

Wouldn't it be poetic justice for Lex to finally fall on his face during the next immunity challenge. Without immunity, he is gone.

First time poster so go easy...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 welcome weltek 01-04-02 1
   RE: welcome red 01-04-02 2
 RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrade... longtimelurker 01-04-02 3
   RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrade... George Tirebiter 01-04-02 4
   RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrade... Tatina 01-06-02 6
 Lex will be fine. mavsfan 01-04-02 5
 RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrade... heymikey 01-06-02 7
   RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrade... longtimelurker 01-06-02 8
       RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrade... Mumbo Jumbo 01-06-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "welcome"
Good first post. MB loves irony, so I can totally see him finding humor in Lex's comment while editing, knowing Lex looses the Fallen Comrades challenge. I'm not saying I completely think Lex looses, but I can see how we might interpret this as a clue that he does. Unfortunately, Lex seems to have a knack for problem solving (the egg quiz and the word find wins), and therefore may have stored a lot of info on everyone in his brain.

Tom will equal a Rudy...uuuhh, I dunno.
Ethan is an observer and could surprise us, but doubtful
Kim J is a listener, but seems a bit "forgetful"

Tom is the only one I DON'T see winning this one, which could very well mean Goodbye for him. His only chance is if Lex doesn't win also.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-04-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: welcome"
I agree that Lex has the best shot at winning this one. His extra food intake has certainly sharpened his mental skills. I also think his politicking style (remember the Uber Spoon) would have entailed paying attention to details about people.

I think Ethan could do well, but I think he's lost his mental edge and I think his aloofness has prevented him from talking to people enough to learn their parents names (or whatever they ask.) KimJ I agree is a bit forgetful. Although Tom doesn't have the best memory, I think he probably spent the most time talking to the "fallen camrades." However, I pick a Lex win.

What makes you think it will happen when the game is down to four players as opposed to down to three?

01-04-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail longtimelurker Click to send private message to longtimelurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
Any thoughts on when the Fallen Comrades challenge will be? I can't remember from previous Survivors. I still stand by my pick of Lex to lose this challenge be it in final 4 or final 3. Why? Because MB has been editing Lex to set us up for some good tv. Remember the collective cheer in Survivor 2 when Jerri was voted off. That finally gave the viewers some satisfaction and got the audience riled up. We don't seem to have an overwhelming audience favorite, however Lex does seem to have been edited to be the closest thing we have to a Jerri.

Speaking of the audience...Ethan seems to have been speaking for the viewing public this past episode. After both Lex's RC and IC victories the camera cut to images of a pissed off Ethan. I'm sure he wasn't the only one pissed off, yet MB edited shots of him. Ethan had a lot to say about Lex's immunity run and RC victories this week. He seemed to be speaking for us when he said,
"It's annoying. I don't want to see him (Lex) win anymore,"
and later in the episode:
"Doesn't the thought of him winning again piss you off?"

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-04-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
<He seemed to be speaking for us when he said,
<"It's annoying. I don't want to see him (Lex) win anymore,"
You may be right, but I didn't take it so much as giving voice to all of us Lex-haters, but more as a foreshadowing of the fact that Ethan will vote Lex at the first TC opportunity.

And whether or not he is at the top of his game, physically OR mentally, don't forget that Ethan exhibited some pretty awesome powers of recollection in the challenge where they had to remember the items to place in the grid. I think he's a lot sharper than some people give him credit for. . .

GT

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-06-02, 04:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
The Fallen Comrades was the second last IC on the SI, and the last on SII. Since this time we'll have a final four as on SI I think that the Fallen Comrades will be the next IC. I too would say anyone but Tom has a chance of winning this. I'd also give MK and Ethan a slight advantage over Lex because they have been hanging out pretty much with everybody, while Lex might not know so much about Frank, for instance. In my favourite scenario MamaKim would win, and would decide to bring "nice people" to the F3 with her. Lex would be thrown over board 3 votes against 1. Then Ethan would win the last IC, and would choose not to brink Tom to the F2, since Tom would definitely be too much of a threat. He'd certainly do so if he knew how Kelly felt about MamaKim. This would of course play well with my earlier prediction of the F4 ditching order...

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-04-02, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lex will be fine."
1st, I don't think Lex has to worry too much about winning the next 2 immunity challenges. Like Lex or not, his domination of the challenges has been impressive. I think he has clearly proven he's the smartest and the best athlete of the 4 remaining.
I know Ethan is a pro-athlete, but he doesn't have anything on Lex in these challenges. So I think he will likely win the next 2 immunity challenges.

The only threat to him is probably MammaKim in the fallen comrades challenge, and the only reason I say that is she is a former school teacher and I think being a teacher trains a person to observe and remember the details of peoples personal lives. Atleast that's my experience with the best teachers.

Even so, while I know it pisses Ethan off to no end that Lex is dominating the challenges rather than himself, and Tom feels betrayed by the Brandon ordeal, any of the remaining 3 Boran will want Lex next to them when the jury votes. So win or lose the challenges, I think Lex will survive the remaing TCs.

I think the 3 other Boran will all assume that if they face Lex against the jury that Kelly, Frank, and Probably Tbird will vote for them over Lex. That means Tom, Ethan, or MammaKim would need to only pick up 1 more vote from the remaing 4 jury members to will $1,000,000. If Tom, Ethan, or MammaKim face each other against the jury, they are much less sure of where their votes will comer from. It makes much more sense to face Lex against the jury and start out with 3 votes in your pocket.

Finally, remember the possible spoiler/speculation that Kelly called Lex to reconcile their differences and that she got a cold shoulder from Lex. Many have speculated from this that Lex makes the final 2 and Kelly goes off on him and gives a Soozen "snakes/rates" speach. I think the "shame" tshirt Kelly was wearing fules that theory.

I'm thinking Lex's chances of making the final 2 are very, very good.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-06-02, 04:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
>>> "I've probably gotten to know the 4 other people that are left here better than some people I've known for 5, 10 years." How many times can his cocky comments come to fruition?

Can you please tell me why this is such a cocky comment? I wasn't able to hear this comment on Thursday's episode so it would be great if you can tell me the context to which this comment was made.

01-06-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
Lex's comment about knowing the survivors better than some people he has know for 10 years was actually not intended to be cocky. I was just commenting on the totality of his comments which have certainly been edited over the season to make the viewer eagerly anticipate his demise. (Who knows maybe we will begrudginly cheer him on in victory.)

The comment was made in the context of how bored everyone was after 35 days. The bored montage continued with the comments about Tom's stinky feet and the chicken chasing. The entire segment ended with Ethan saying, "Maybe we'll let it (the chicken) out again. Let's have some fun!"

I have to admit Lex got some good face time this episode. Was MB trying to endear us to Lex with his comments about his letters from his family and his long hospital visit? However, he left the hospital saying he was a changed man only to later threaten to slit yet another throat.

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-06-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lex falls in the Fallen Comrades IC"
>Lex's comment about knowing the survivors
>better than some people he
>has know for 10 years
>was actually not intended to
>be cocky.

I didn't take it as cocky either since it was a casual comment on running out of things to talk about. Plus he was just commenting on the five remaining contestants and not the other jury members.

One basic law of physics is that objects in motion tend to remain in motion while objects at rest tend to remain at rest. What does this mean? Would any of us have picked Colby to beat out the maternal Tina in fallen comrades in S2? No, probably not, but he was on an immunity roll and well fed.

The only remaining players that have been competitive in mental challenges are Lex and Ethan. So it will come down to a competition between these two with Lex having the edge due to being better fed and having higher confidence. Lex is the object in motion.

The only surprise would be if MamaKim or Tom proved to be anything but inept. Maybe Tom can ask Buster for advice.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •