The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI is Cruel.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

formerlywannabe 407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-18-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail formerlywannabe Click to send private message to formerlywannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI is Cruel.."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-07 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

Although the great Eric Cartman once said "I thought handicapped people were put on this earth for my amusement" I must disagree.

Now, I am not overly PC or sensitive in any way and I do enjoy watching people humiliate themselves on TV....theres a line.

Last night there were the 2 guys, the bug eyed one and the heavy guy with the Hawaiian type shirt. Now the bug eyed guy is a toss up (maybe a little "slow"), but I would put $$ on the heavy boy as having special needs. This would be the kid that Simon asked if Randy lent him his pants, since he had them pulled up to his chest like a pop-pop.

DH and I spent many years working at a school for special needs kids and they way that boy talked and his overall mannerisms reminded us of the kids we worked with. I found it obvious he was on the slowish side. Which is fine, they can try out for AI, there's no law against it!

However, I know these people go through a process to try out and they are chosen by producers to go in front of the judges over a few days process, and I get that they need "bad" performances to make the show amusing..but to put someone like that on TV, just for a laugh is flat out cruel.

Simon, Randy and Paula, you'll notice, didn't laugh at him singing God Bless America and were nice overall..in fact they looked kind of annoyed, maybe they sensed this was not so nice?

If I went on AI (I can't sing a note!) and made an ##### out of myself, laugh away! I'd totally deserve it! But don't laugh at people who may not be in on the joke. It's just mean.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI is Cruel.. nailbone 01-18-07 1
   RE: AI is Cruel.. happybarb3660 01-23-07 42
 In this case zombiebaby 01-18-07 2
   RE: In this case brvnkrz 01-18-07 3
       RE: In this case zombiebaby 01-18-07 4
       RE: In this case formerlywannabe 01-18-07 14
 RE: AI is Cruel.. bystander 01-18-07 5
   RE: AI is Cruel.. brvnkrz 01-18-07 6
       RE: AI is Cruel.. nogwart 01-18-07 7
           RE: AI is Cruel.. brvnkrz 01-18-07 10
 RE: AI is Cruel.. Tiggertramp 01-18-07 8
 RE: AI is Cruel.. Magnolia_Rocker 01-18-07 9
 agree cqvenus 01-18-07 11
   RE: agree Glow 01-18-07 13
   RE: agree nailbone 01-18-07 15
       oh i know cqvenus 01-18-07 16
 RE: AI is Cruel.. pinksparkleguitar 01-18-07 12
 RE: AI is Cruel.. tamarama 01-18-07 17
   RE: AI is Cruel.. Glow 01-18-07 18
       RE: AI is Cruel.. Magnolia_Rocker 01-18-07 19
       hahaha cqvenus 01-18-07 20
           I am not absolutely convinced... BlueLies 01-18-07 31
       RE: AI is Cruel.. prosecutor 01-18-07 21
       RE: AI is Cruel.. tamarama 01-18-07 22
   RE: AI is Cruel.. brvnkrz 01-18-07 24
 RE: AI is Cruel.. finallytyping 01-18-07 23
   RE: AI is Cruel.. brvnkrz 01-18-07 25
       RE: AI is Cruel.. finallytyping 01-18-07 29
 RE: AI is Cruel.. BlueLies 01-18-07 26
   RE: AI is Cruel.. DarwinianAtheist 01-18-07 27
       RE: AI is Cruel.. berwyn 01-18-07 30
           RE: AI is Cruel.. BlueLies 01-18-07 32
               RE: AI is Cruel.. berwyn 01-18-07 33
 RE: AI is Cruel.. CTgirl 01-18-07 28
   RE: AI is Cruel.. emydi 01-19-07 35
 Rosie on cruel....??!! There's an a... TK from NY 01-19-07 34
   Cartman is a cartoon Breezy 01-19-07 36
       RE: Cartman is a cartoon batts 01-20-07 40
 RE: AI is Cruel.. Fishercat 01-19-07 37
   RE: AI is Cruel.. 4jedi 01-19-07 38
       RE: AI is Cruel.. Fishercat 01-19-07 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Especially when they make fun of physical appearance, like telling the bug-eyed guy he looked like a bush-baby. Tell him that he's not exactly what your looking for or something like that. But once again, they were unnecessarily harsh.

happybarb3660 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-23-07, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail happybarb3660 Click to send private message to happybarb3660 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
If it counts for anything...I did read a news article yesterday where Simon admitted that he went overboard and was definately wrong in calling the boy a "bush baby". He actaully apologized for it.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "In this case"
I agree completely. I do think last night those two boys were being used for cheap laughs.

I also think the kid who sang Unchained Melody was being used as well.

There is a fine line between knowing what you are getting into and being used. It is up to the producers unfortunately to use some ethics here but I don't see that happening.

However some of these people do know what they are getting into and are fair game. See the girl whose boss flew her out.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: In this case"
I agree. I believe that last guy has a form of autism. My niece is autistic and he shared many of the characteristics that she has. I agree that some are fair game but it really did seem as if they were going for the cheap laughs with the special needs contestants.

Isn't it "bourbon"?

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: In this case"

What got me last night is thinking how they went home and told their parents or someone about the experience. How that parent must feel watching too must have hurt. Ohhh

I think you can tell when the contestants reactions are polite and easy going rather than cursing out Simon for not knowing anything about singing.

Chillin' with Arkie

formerlywannabe 407 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail formerlywannabe Click to send private message to formerlywannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: In this case"
Now that I think about it, I think you are right about the last guy. Maybe that's also the case for the bug eyed guy? (I can't recall his name).

I doubt that there are any guidlines as to who can try out, other than age etc.. I would assume that it would be considered discriminatory to initially turn a special needs person away from the audition simply for being handicapped. Who's to say someone in a wheelchair, due to an accident or something, cant't sing? (I know that's a little different-but I'm trying to keep it simple).

So certainly, let them go in front of the producers and do their thing and then politely say no. Especially when it's painfully obvious like some of last nights contestants. Don't put them on camera.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-07, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Thank you Wannabe. This is the problem I have with the whole premise of the audition shows to begin with. Sure, there are wackos out there that just want to get their face on TV. WHY LET THEM! Please, it's just gotten so ridiculous with this show. I agree that it's really mean-spirited to a great extent with some of the contestants. Sure some of the people know they svck and just want to get on tv, fine, bash away but you can't tell me that they don't know those two guys last night were dead serious about thinking they were great. Really cruel and childish how they were treated.

01-18-07, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I agree. I'll give the auditions one more try. If I feel that they are just being cruel at the expense of the handicapped, I just won't watch until they get to Hollywood.

Isn't it "bourbon"?

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-18-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Agreed. I still have a sick feeling in my stomach about those two guys. What nauseates me even more is the near-certainty that there were probably millions of viewers whooping it up at their expense. The greasy-faced guy with the necktie, the Taylor Hicks "lookalike(??)", and the Unchained Melody singer were also borderline "disturbed", in my opinion. Not a fun show to watch.

01-18-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
10. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Normally I am part of the masses laughing at these idiots. But I can't bring myself to laugh at these ones who clearly are beyond just being clueless. I wouldn't walk into a special-ed class and laugh at the kids and so I can't bring myself to do it here either.

Isn't it "bourbon"?

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
It was sick, it was cruel, and The View were talking about the cruelty this morning. So, national talk shows are noticing and commenting on the new low.

The saddest part of it all is, 37 million people watched this horror. And will continue to do so.

What incentive does AI have to stop the cruel behavior? None, they just roll in the dough they are making.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-18-07, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Yep, add me to the list of disgusted viewers. My heart was aching for those two "friends" particularly. It reminded me of the little cowboy from last year that sang to his turkeys. I was happy for him that he at least got to go and see Hollywood but I was pained knowing how many people out there were watching him and laughing at his expense. It bothers me to think how many people acutally enjoy watching these cruel segments.

A Tribe Original!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "agree"
DH was saying that he thinks some of these people HAVE GOT to be planted. he used 'unchained melody' as an example.

i don't know, i told him... i can't see them doing that. i can see them lying to ppl and telling them they're really good, and they really have a chance. and given how long they let 'unchained melody' sing on and on for, i think they tell the judges to just not say anything and let it go because this is one of those 'trainwrecks' that bring in the huge ratings.

i don't think laughing at the special needs community is funny. i really don't. i don't even think it's funny to laugh at the people who dress horribly and sing horribly and seem to have NO IDEA that they are terrible. it makes me sad for them. i feel truly sad that they actually think they are good, and that they look good, and they have no friends or family members to tell them "sweetie, you aren't good. you shouldn't do it. you'll embarrass yourself." it is very sad to imagine a person with NOBODY to tell them. ugh.

i used to think these were funny, but they've gotten out of control. it's one thing when someone comes in and thinks they actually can sing but they find out they can't, and then they seem fine with it, like, "okay, well if i can't sing, then simon's ugly!" or whatever. but lately? this show is unwatchable. we turned it off after 'unchained melody' last night. we missed the first night. we won't be coming back until they're in hollywood, or possibly until they're down to the 24.

it's just that i like to watch the whole progression. i like to see the auditions because i like to watch their progress from audition through to final whatever. but now i'm feeling like i'll just sit back and wait until they narrow it down, and maybe watch the auditions of the 24 on youtube or something.

~ cqc

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: agree"
ditto to everything you said. Well, not everything I guess. We didn't turn it off but I was dying inside a little. If I can convince DH we don't need to watch the auditions ever again, I'll be a happy girl.

I just told bravie that I used to love watching the auditions and trying to spot the really good ones (like Chris last year). But aside from a few (the Indian brother and sister, the cutie with the afro and the football player's daughter) I don't even remember seeing any that were even good (maybe the boy with the big zit on his nose that broke my heart on the first night). This is a big joke to them. Obviously. Why else would these people make it through the screening process? Because believe it or not they do have a screening process. It's a shame that it's come to this and I'm almost embarrassed to admit I watch it.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: agree"
and they have no friends or family members to tell them "sweetie, you aren't good. you shouldn't do it. you'll embarrass yourself." it is very sad to imagine a person with NOBODY to tell them. ugh.

Or worse, like "Unchained Melody" guy, they have "friends" encouraging them to go, all the while snickering at them behind their backs as they push them out the door.

01-18-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "oh i know"
i thought that. i knew this guy was going to be one of the 'trainwrecks' before he sang. and when he said his coworkers told him to go based upon his music demos, i thought, yeah right. those people are heartless and mean.

~ cqc

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-18-07, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I'm done with the show until the final twelve. And maybe not even then. It's disgusting.

Tribe rocked me!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I blame the producers for this (with one exception, below) rather than the judges.

Yes, put through the crazy Idol fans that write stories & get tattoos. These are the more "traditional" bad auditions that we are used to seeing...and kinda enjoy in small numbers. (SMALL numbers, 'k?)

BUT -- please don't put through people that are obviously developmentally delayed, or have issues beyond the standard "I should be famous" delusions. (Remember the very frightening Mary from a couple of years ago? Putting her in front of the judges was not a good idea.)

I noted that the judges were rather kind to the 2nd guy (Jonathan?) - who sang "God Bless America." Aside from the initial trousers comment (which, for Simon, was fairly mild) the judges clearly saw who they were dealing with and were gentle.

Yes, Simon's bush-baby comment was uncalled for. That's my exception. He was being Simon. I don't think he realised right away that Kenneth had some other things going on. Regardless, I never like it when Simon criticizes people for something they can't change easily...facial features, weight.

However, I don't have a problem with Simon criticizing clothes or hair - general style. I also don't mind his telling people they can't sing, that they need to choose a different career path. Some of these folks could use MORE people telling them that...

Like the 16 year old juggling kid -- he didn't appear to have any developmental problems (maybe I'm wrong, but that was my impression). The judges complimented his juggling, encouraged him to try out for other shows, said he was entertaining, and simply told him his singing wasn't good enough. They were not cruel. BUT, this kid exploded out of the room cussing about how he should be famous...and what does mom say? "You'll be famous." MOM should be smacked upside the head. If your kid wants to be a singer, by all means - encourage him. But encourage him to work toward being a good singer -- DON'T encourage him to "be famous." Send him to a good voice teacher. Drive him to concerts. Listen to him, hold his hand. But let professionals tell your kid whether or not he can sing.

Kinda like the stay-at-home mom who believed her 6 y.o. son's opinion of her singing more than the judges' opinion...well, that's just not reality. She made it sound like her husband was unsupportive...maybe he was just trying to save her from making an idiot of herself. Of course your six year old thinks you're a great singer. Doesn't make it true.

So yeah, the producers should not be sending through people like Kenneth, Jonathan(?) & Unchained Melody...but there are still plenty of delusional people that need to get spanked. I'm OK with that.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-07 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

speaking of tattooed Ace stalker girl... WHY is she so familiar to me? WHY?

I liked Simon directing Jonathon to the right door. He just very quietly said, "other door," and pointed with his pen. It made me awww at him a little (like he did later with the chihuahua). Please people, I'm begging you, don't let me crush on Simon.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-18-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
*Shakes Glowie furiously* That help?

A Tribe Original!

01-18-07, 03:43 PM (EST)
20. "hahaha"
i like simon, too. i like him more with each passing season.

maybe he is not inclined to participate in making fun of the disabled either. maybe he is just sitting back and not saying anything about it. but i think that's a problem, too. with his name on everything AI, he really should step up and draw a line.

~ cqc

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-18-07, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "I am not absolutely convinced..."
that the judges could spot a developmentally disabled person if their life depended on it. (just too dumb, unaware, selfish, dunno -- this in fact would make the judges mentally challenged, but that's another thread) I can't see it in their faces, read it in their eyes, and their reactions don't match it... possibly Simon, but we shall see. It's irresponsible of them not to give these contestants a reality check and stern warning of the criticisms to come.

This could be why Simon wasn't sure if he wanted to continue with the show or not. He probably wanted to evolve it to a more professional level, and everyone else said, "don't rock the boat."

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Simon was ok to the guy with the high pants. They all were gentle so what if he joked about the pants? I was proud of simon for not injuring this guys esteem. However Simon seems to be only trying to put through the physically good looking people eveen if they have mediocre talent. Case in point Taylor Hicks, Jennifer Hudson Simon did not want them there Randy and Paula stuck together and put them through. Simon lied to himself that Jennifer Hudson can't sing even when Randy repeatedly told him she can sing. Also, on Wednesday night
Simon did not want to put the 6'7" girl through, Randy and Paula did, hope she gets a modelling contract out of this if
she doesn't make it to top 12. Simon needs to get over the looks are everything mentality. Case in point look at how
pretty ILDivo are. If even one of them was "ugly" in Simon's eye do you think he would be there even being the same talent, I think not.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
>>speaking of tattooed Ace stalker girl... WHY is she so familiar to me? WHY?<<

I was thinking the same thing -- at first I figured she was a repeater, but you'd think she would mention that. Dunno.

Simon's OK. Maybe not crush-worthy...but ok.

Except for the Il Divo thing. That's got to stop.
NO MORE POPERA! STOP POPERA NOW! Everybody now...

01-18-07, 07:55 PM (EST)
24. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I want to add to this but I can't think of anything to add. So I'll just say double ditto.

Isn't it "bourbon"?

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
We know who started this whole thing: William Hung.
Had he not been a UC Berkeley student, people might have
thought it was more sad than pathetic.

01-18-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
25. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
But see? He went to Berkeley. So he probably is not of lesser sound mind than these other ones. And Willie did not have delusions of grandeur about himself. I don't put him in the same category as the two friends and the unchained melody guy.

Isn't it "bourbon"?

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Yes, I agree. I was trying to say that had he not been
a Berkeley student, but say a burger flipper at a fast food
restaurant (not that there is anything wrong with that,)
people might have viewed him as a bit off. Maybe I am
assuming too much...I didn't watch/read/listen after his
minutes on AI were up.

Don't you think he might have had just a little delusion of
grandeur during his 15 minutes of fame? Just a wee bit?

01-18-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-07 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

There are a lot of unanswered questions.

They should simply do pre-screening and only show those auditions that are moderately high to very good. If the show was willing to do that, they would increase the credibility of the show, and receive a lot less flack about cruelty. Make it more true to life. You'd never see these contestants lining up outside of say Sony or the like, you'd never see them get through the door, and you most certainly would never see them auditioning in front of a major decision maker.

The three judges know that, and in this sense, they are guilty of exploiting misdirected and emotionally fragile people.

On the flip side, those contestants who never sing in the shower, let alone record themselves, listen to themselves constructively, are actively in a band prior to AI, etc, should know better. Have they not researched the bios of their favorite singers? Most struggle for years, even the very best, so it seems, are extremely lucky if discovered, and further fortunate if offered a recording contract.

So with these things in mind, I think one of the only reasons they include the very worst of auditions is for the sensationalism. It should be a wake-up call to the contestants what it actually is going to take, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. When we finally hear a very good audition from an unknown singer off the street, the differences and natural talent shine through -- it could not be more obvious.

Are they enabling people who like to be punished? Are those perpetual self-enabling victims playing it up to make the judges look bad? Probably, bottom line is, the public really doesn't want to see it anymore. It's been the same arguement with each season, and it's getting old... old with those who ask the questions and old with those who provoke the questions.

AI needs to show us something real and stop lying to themselves.

Edited to add: Here's a secret experiment I have been wishing they would try. Record a few songs from the rejected contestants, place them in juke boxes at various places, wait for the coin to drop, and record the reactions when they hear one of their songs from an unsuspecting group at a popular bar.

DarwinianAtheist 9 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarwinianAtheist Click to send private message to DarwinianAtheist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
It's good to see that many others are just as annoyed as I am. The sad thing is that Fox knows that this stage in the show is the most popular and really tried to outdo themselves. Aren't there enough "normal" bad singers- now they have to make a spectacle of ppl with special needs? Fox has truely hit an all time low. I may hate shows like "The View", but lots of ppl watch it, and it's good that they were talking about it. Maybe next season will be different.

berwyn 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-18-07, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail berwyn Click to send private message to berwyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I'm with you DA. The show broke our hearts last night. My youngest son has Asperger's Syndrome, which is a high functioning form of autism. Aspies are usually bright in math or computers, but they lack social intelligence. They aren't simply nerds, they really don't get how to interact with others.

DH and I thought the minute the young man said he was a software engineer that he's probably an Aspie. Watching the ridicule was so painful. The worst was Ryan dogging him after the rejection by the judges. This kind of treatment could cause this young man some serious problems.

I watched every show last season once they got to the final 12 and loved it. But I don't know how to react to last night. They had plenty of fools, why pick on the mentally disabled?

01-18-07, 10:48 PM (EST)
32. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
These developmentally disabled adults should have parents and/or caregivers... where are they?

berwyn 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-18-07, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail berwyn Click to send private message to berwyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
You're right, they need someone looking out for them. Sometimes the parents don't accept that their child has a problem. Sometimes they may know he's different but still not understand well enough to help.

It took years and cost us thousands before we were even able to diagnose the Asperger's. I knew that some of his behaviors weren't normal, but it never occured to me that he could have a form of autism.

I'm relieved that many on this board found the treatment of the "software" guy unacceptable. I'll be glad when this phase of AI is over.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I agree with pretty much everything you guys have said. I would prefer to start watching at the final 24, but DH likes the auditions so I watch it too. I read in the paper that Seattle was only supposed to be an hour show, but they "had so much good stuff" they decided to make it two hours. It's kind of sad that some of the "good stuff" was kind of cruel.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
my dbf loves the auditions and stops watching then bc he loves to laugh at the self delusional and really bad but even HE said what they did to the 2 friends and even Unch Melody guy was too much and said he couldn't laugh....he was most sympathetic to Jonathan.

Someone said it up above and I didn't realize it at the time I was watching it, but I agree that Unch Melody guy may have autism in some form....my question is why did they let him sing the WHOLE song. Simon should have stopped it Loooooong before that.

TK from NY 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TK%20from%20NY Click to send private message to TK%20from%20NY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Rosie on cruel....??!! There's an authority & expert...."
So the 'view' females are trying to define cruel with Rosie the cruelest and brutish as their spokesperson? Hmmm.

The quote by evidently, a dimwit, Eric Cartman which titles this forum about "handicapped people" is the true, cold attack. Wow, and you called him 'the great'. Sounds pretty stupid and shallow to me.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Cartman is a cartoon"
character on South Park. I really think you missed the point on that one.

As for the rest, I turned it off for the first time ever. AI jumped the shark and it was ugly.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-20-07, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Cartman is a cartoon"

Must respect my au-thoritiiii!

Ah , comeone Breezy... You know you have to suffer thru it with the rest of us.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-07, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
Most of the time, I enjoy the auditions. And even the Unchained Melody singer was borderline, as in I couldn't tell if he was really bad or had some neurological issues.

However, the two friends? Although I laughed the first time, I really thought about it...and there were definite issues there. I can't be too hard on the judges: spotting specific behavior after a 10 hour day on a country-wide tour may be hard. But the producers...ugh.

I disagree that as many people would watch the auditions without the bad performances...but I'd like to see some of the other good ones. 14 people got to Hollywood from Seattle, how about a couple more of them being shown?

4jedi 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-19-07, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 4jedi Click to send private message to 4jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
The point made on The View was that ratings would not suffer if they showed the best and the borderline, people would tune in just the same. I agree. Someone else likes to watch the process to pick out favorites. That's my reason too. I've had several favorites from the auditions the last 3 seasons. That was the fun of seeing how far they could go and rooting for them each week.

I thought the numbers picked from both cities were 17. We only saw 7 the first night and about the same the second night. I'll wait now until its at 24. Those whole two hours could have been mostly talented and borderline singers with a few silly ones thrown in. The people who are initially choosing, well it's just mean spirited to let challenged people through, although their performances could be touching, but Simon's cruelty has become limitless. It's just not fun.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-07, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: AI is Cruel.."
I can't agree with that. I think there has to be some segment of people who watch the audition shows purely for the horrible auditions. Most of the time, they're funny.

No reason for AI to mess with success, from their view.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •