The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wonderfalls on FOX"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-04, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wonderfalls on FOX"

Did anyone see this new show on Friday night?

It was about a young woman who works at a gift shop in Niagara Falls. It's kind of quirky and funny. Inanimate objects start talking to her, telling her to do things, and the results are always kind of ironic.

Official Mermaid Spokesperson of the A.S.S. be the Survivor Game

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX Deonna 03-13-04 1
   RE: Wonderfalls on FOX Silvergirl1 03-14-04 2
   RE: Wonderfalls on FOX EnglProf 04-01-04 13
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX Tiger Lily 03-14-04 3
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX AugustGirl 03-14-04 4
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX deweydrop 03-16-04 5
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX SilverStar 03-16-04 6
   RE: Wonderfalls on FOX EnglProf 03-19-04 7
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX L82LIFE 03-19-04 8
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX SilverStar 03-22-04 9
 RE: Wonderfalls on FOX EnglProf 03-27-04 10
   RE: Wonderfalls on FOX deweydrop 03-29-04 11
       RE: Wonderfalls on FOX EnglProf 03-29-04 12
   RE: Wonderfalls on FOX StarryLuna 04-05-04 14
       RE: Wonderfalls on FOX L82LIFE 04-05-04 15
       RE: Wonderfalls on FOX dajaki 04-06-04 16
       RE: Wonderfalls on FOX deweydrop 04-06-04 17
           RE: Wonderfalls on FOX EnglProf 04-07-04 18
               RE: Wonderfalls on FOX deweydrop 04-08-04 19
                   RE: Wonderfalls on FOX EnglProf 04-08-04 20
                       RE: Wonderfalls on FOX GlassJax 04-09-04 21
                           RE: Wonderfalls on FOX Silverado 04-20-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-13-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Hubby and I watched it and thought it was great. I thought her desription of the show in a commerical as "touched by an angle on acid" fairly acurate.

Deonna

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-04, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"

My husband compared it to Joan of Arcadia. The premise is somewhat similar.

Official Mermaid Spokesperson of the A.S.S. be the Survivor Game

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-01-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Just a reminder for those still interested: Wonderfalls has moved to 9:00 on Thursdays (opposite CSI and The Apprentice) so don't forget to program your Tivos or set your VCRs!

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-14-04, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I watched it... not bad. I thought the girl was pretty funny.

Particularly the part where she told her friend that the wax lion was talking to her, and the friend says, "Um, does the wax lion ever tell you to burn things or hurt people?"

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I watched it and really liked it. I love Joan of Arcadia and was curious to see how this compared to it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Another reason to stay home on Friday nights.

As if I had anything better to do.

*waves* to Silvergirl, Deonna and Tiger Lily! *hugs*

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

I thought the writing of the show was pretty damn good.

"I'm sorry - did you just say 'My a$$'?"
hehehehe

Never seen "Joan of Arcadia"...but I'm guessing she wouldn't say 'a$$'. heheheh

I think this show is a much better option then what's played on the WB currently.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I wasn't going to watch it, and then I saw a commercial where they showed that bartender guy (hottie!) Plus it was on right after Playing it Straight, so I watched. It seemed pretty good and I will probably watch again this week.

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Greasy Food Division
The UPS guy was pretty cute too, no?

03-19-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I finally caught up with Wonderfalls for its encore presentation last night. I liked it but it didn't seem to have the emotional core that Joan has, so it didn't resonate with me quite as much.

Everything I've heard about it has been good though, and the loser who writes for EW magazine (Ken Tucker) gave it an A-.
(I call him a loser because he prejudged Joan as being to "God-y" and only initially gave Joan a C+) Fortunately, Wonderfalls made him reevaluate Joan too and now they're both ranked highly.

Anyway. Have to remind myself this is not a thread about Joan!! Looking forward to seeing where Wondefalls goes. I definitely like that it has a sharper edge than Joan (drinking, language). It's nice to have SOMETHING to distinguish the two from each other!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I saw it last night and I liked it. Really like the sarcastic, smart-##### comments she makes. I'll watch it again.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I just saw the movie "Soldiers Girl" and was surprised to find out that the guy who plays the crossdresser in the movie is the same guy who plays Jaye's brother on Wonderfalls. I would have never recognized him!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Greasy Food Division
I was going to post pics, but my stoopid dial up is being veeery slow tonight.

03-27-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Did you all watch WF last night? At the end of the episode, the voiceover said to make sure to tune in to next week's episode on Thursday after Tru Calling-- against a NEW CSI. Who knows what Fox is thinking?? Friday nights (after Joan) were perfect for this show, but jamming it into to a crowded Thursday night lineup will be a death knell-- especially with Tru Calling as its lead in.

I read on TV Tome that the reason they're doing this is because the Thursday pilot rebroadcast did better than expected or better than the original had. Hello? Against March Madness, not against new CSIs. Didn't FOX learn from their mistake with Tru Calling? There is no other network on Thursday nights besides CBS and NBC. Everything else disappears!

I still like Joan better than Wonderfalls-- more cohesion to the storylines in general-- but I'm going to be mad at FOX if they blow this one. It isn't every season that gives us good tv on a Friday.

03-29-04, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
>Did you all watch WF last
>night? At the end
>of the episode, the voiceover
>said to make sure to
>tune in to next week's
>episode on Thursday after Tru
>Calling-- against a NEW CSI.

I know!
When I heard that I yelled out loud "NO!" I LIKED this show on Friday nights...never found anything good to watch on Fridays...and since my hubby and I are boring people and stay in on the weekends...I liked watching WF with a glass of wine.

ah well - I'll still watch it on Friday nights...I'll just Tivo it.

03-29-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Gotta love Tivo, right?! I guess it's best not to get too attached to this one, though. TV Guide's Watercooler discussion today mentions that Fox network or show producers are sending out notes to get tv critics to watch. The show seems doomed... our tivos will be so empty Friday nights.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-05-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I'm going to be mad at FOX if they blow this one

They blew it. It was cancelled today.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Already? What morons!

Of course, we all know that FOX has such high standards when it comes to their programs! /sarcasm

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-06-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Oh that just sucks. Wonderfalls made me LOL every 2 minutes. I just loved it.

04-06-04, 12:58 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
un-f-ing-believable. I can't believe they cancelled it! This, in my opinion, was one of the best shows shown on Fox!!

04-07-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Oh no, Dewey. Surely you don't mean better than such shows as Forever Eden and The Swan, right?

Wonderfalls could never compete with those. I mean, really. A clever show with originality, a quirky spirit and intelligence? What was FOX thinking to EVER greenlight such a stupid idea?

un-f-ing-believable is right. Damn Fox; how long can we take this?

I ALMOST find it laughable that they canceled this. It's so ludicrous it's almost funny. I have NO faith anymore.

But what does FOX care? They're busy appealing to the lowest common denominator. (No offense to Eden or Swan watchers meant, of course, but this is a downright silly decision!)

04-08-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
>But what does FOX care?
>They're busy appealing to the
>lowest common denominator.

Ok - i admit to watching The Swan last night (but that's another post) but I had American Idol on (with the volumn turned down low) while I was reading waiting for The Swan to come on. (yeah - don't ask.)

American Idol is such a work of crap! All those stupid "promos" and ads for all their sponsors...this needs to get off the air - NOW!

04-08-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Okay,
I'll confess to seeing 2/3 of The Swan, but literally only because hubby dragged me into it. He's not quite the feminist I am and so wanted to check out the show (The horror, The horror).

Wonderfalls is a show people could watch. The Swan is a rubberneck-fest!

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-09-04, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
Damn FOX. I was happy with it on Friday. Then they moved it to analready filled night (Thur) and now it's cancelled!?!

Hates FOX

I didn't mean that...please don't hold it against me. Please.

Silverado 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silverado Click to send private message to Silverado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Wonderfalls on FOX"
I am so distraut and destroyed by this! I officially have no respect for the American public and our collective taste! I am so sorry! What, only like 4 episodes?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •