The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ratings for Kid Nation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ratings for Kid Nation"
{soapbox}If I may pontificate for a moment.

It isn't just about pleasing Estee, IMO. As someone that lurked here a long time primarily to read the summaries they are, again IMO, am important part of this website/community. I see it as a big responsibility and I know that if I fall through and do not produce a summary when I say I am I will be letting down a heck of a lot more people than just whomever happens to be organizing the summary sign-up thread.

One of the reasons for having people say they will write a summary and have them demonstrate they will keep that commitment on one of the "minor" shows before getting to do one over on TAR or Survivor is about the number of people, both those who post and those who just read, that you will be letting down. Showing that you can, in fact, follow through before being given an opportunity to do a Survivor or TAR summary is a reasonable prerequisite, again IMO.

For me sometime during the season of some show maybe doing a summary somewhere along the line doesn't really say much about you actually pulling through and doing a summary when you are given a specific week. Even if your summary writing is amazing, that you can't or won't do one when you say you will means you don't deserve a slot.
{/soapbox}

Back to the ratings. I do think it is a good show, but usually my taste in shows doesn't seem to be shared by a lot of people as many of the shows I like tend to get canceled. It is nice to see this show do well. I'm a bit concerned about how additional seasons would turn out (and if it grows during the season there usually are more seasons), or how many twists they'd have to put in place to keep some amount of freshness. All too often the added twists are way too lame for me.

Haunted by Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ratings for Kid Nation   Sunny_Bunny     10-28-07       
   Yarr *gle*   foonermints     10-28-07     1  
   RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   mattben     10-28-07     2  
     RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   Snidget     10-29-07     3  
         summary writing   mattben     10-29-07     4  
             RE: summary writing   Snidget     10-29-07     5  
                 RE: summary writing   mattben     10-29-07     6  
         RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   syren     10-29-07     7  
             RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   Snidget     10-29-07     8  
                 RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   foonermints     10-29-07     9  
                 RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   syren     10-31-07     10  
   RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   SurvivaBear     11-01-07     11  
     RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   SurvivaBear     11-01-07     12  
   This weeks Ratings for Kid Nation   Sunny_Bunny     11-02-07     13  
     RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   Sunny_Bunny     11-10-07     14  
         RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   michel     11-11-07     15  
             RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   true     11-11-07     16  
                 RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   Sunny_Bunny     11-12-07     17  
                     RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   mattben     11-12-07     18  
                         RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   Sunny_Bunny     11-13-07     20  
             RE: This weeks Ratings for Kid Nati...   joeyshox     11-13-07     19  
   RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   Sunny_Bunny     11-16-07     21  
   Last weeks ratings -   Sunny_Bunny     11-24-07     22  
   RE: Ratings for Kid Nation   Agman2     01-15-16     23  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •