The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boron and the Immunity Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-04-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boron and the Immunity Challenge"
This is more speculation than real spoiler, but the issue really jumped out at me during the show and it seemed like there might be something in it.

It really looked like Old Boron threw that immunity challenge. Mama Kim is slow and inept, but she didn't even look like she was trying. In the shot of her climbing to the net, she was climbing the ladder very slowly and deliberately. And I don't remember seeing shots of Ethan and Tom past the net really either - could it be because Mama Kim is weak and so her moving slowily is no surprise, whereas to have seen Ethan deliberatly moving slowly would have given something away? It just seemed odd that Lex finished so far ahead of everyone, even with the extra rest and nutrition from the RC's. Also, Boron has thrown at least one other immunity challenge - if they've done it deliberately in the past, why not again?

I can't figure out why they would have done it. It seemed to me to be a way to protect Lex without alienating Teresa, but I am not sure what this would mean for furture voting. It seemed to indicate that the bond between Lex and the other OBs is fairly strong, and maybe, despite their grumbling, Lex still holds a position of power. Or maybe it happened just because they had made an alliance with Lex and they felt that it would be dishonorable to break that alliance. On that note, I think that the idea of keeping your word is going to play a big role in the final four dynamics - the person who gets voted off first will probably be someone who is perceived to have broken their word to OB. Which might make Lex vulnerable, even if they saved him in this past episode, depending on whether Kelly was really considered OB.

Mama Kim is also a nasty little sneak. Confirming Teresa'a story that Tom told Teresa to vote for Lex could come back to haunt her, unless Tom or Ethan told her to do it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boron and the Immunity Challeng... PepeLePew13 01-04-02 1
   RE: Boron and the Immunity Challeng... MDSkinner 01-04-02 2
       RE: Boron and the Immunity Challeng... KLicK 01-04-02 7
 I don't think so Afreaqua 01-04-02 3
   RE: I don't think so dabo 01-04-02 4
       RE: I don't think so Loree 01-05-02 8
   RE: I don't think so westgirl98 01-04-02 5
       RE: I don't think so strone 01-04-02 6
           Strone Please Change Your Graphic..... IceCat 01-05-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-02, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boron and the Immunity Challenge"
I'm not sure if I buy into the theory at all that the Borans "threw" the competition. Teresa was never a factor at all and Kim J knew it was hopeless for her so why exert herself unnecessarily? It would have been the greatest upset of the last 101 years in any category if Kim J actually could win this type of competition.

The way Lex was churning through the obstacles, there was no doubt he'd win and from what I could see, Ethan did give his best shot but Lex was simply too sharp and I would understand it if Ethan started to give up when he saw Lex already firing arrows while he was still working on the puzzle.

It's not a surprise that Lex is awfully sharp -- he's had more days away from camp than anyone else (along with more food) and that is bound to keep him on his toes more than any of the others who have done nothing but sniff Tom's boots and lay around. Laying around in the sun can easily zap your energy.

Let's face it... Lex has known for a long time that he's always a target and he's got more energy and a competition freak so he's going to be really gung-ho to win what he can. I think he really is that much better than anyone else -- did you see how he just steamrolled everyone with the RC puzzle? IMO, the only way he's now going to lose this thing is in the final two against the jury because he's also mentally sharper than the other three and will likely win the Fallen Comrades competition easily.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-04-02, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boron and the Immunity Challenge"
I agree completely Pepe. At this stage it would be very difficult to pick anyone in any challenge over Lex. Mentally and Physically he is much stronger than anyone else, and he appears to have the fate of this game completely in his hands. Side that with the fact that he is extremely competitive, and you have your next Colby/Kelly right here. There is certainly potential for that, anyway.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-04-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Boron and the Immunity Challenge"

> Mentally and Physically he
>is much stronger than anyone
>else, and he appears to
>have the fate of this
>game completely in his hands.
>

The proof of this, IMO, is how much trouble everyone had with the word search! Their brains just aren't functioning -- they can't do things that normally come rather easy. Kim just stood there -- teachers are usually pretty visual and puzzle-people.

I think the food rewards give WAY too much of an advantage. Kelly and Colby were clearly better athletes than their competition, but Lex and Ethan should be better matched.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-04-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I don't think so"
Because of the conversation Tom and Ethan had (with no Theresa around). Ethan asked Tom "Wouldn't you be pissed off if he won again?" and Ethan DID look pretty pissed off when Lex won immunity.

I'm also not discounting the fact that perhaps Tom DID tell Theresa to vote for Lex only we didn't see it. That being said....Mamma Kim is a big scrawny sneak! Tom has not hidden the fact that he doesn't completely trust Lex (at least to everyone except for Lex)....this has been going on for a long time now. I wonder if this could be an act on Tom and Lex's part too and that they are in a sub alliance. If it came down to those 2 however, I'm sure the jury would choose Tom over Lex.

What I'm also wondering is: was Lex's statement about cutting Tom's throat real or an act? I actually thought it was brilliant how Theresa attempted to play into Lex's known fears/paranoia.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I don't think so"
Well, if Tom and Lex are in a sub-alliance they had better hope Ethan is solid with L/E/T rather than in a sub-alliance with Kim or one of them is certainly the next to go (whichever of T/L doesn't win immunity, or E/K's choice if one of them wins immunity). I too thought Teresa's last ditch attempt to play on Lex's paranoia was brilliantly done, particularly allowing him to come to the Tom conclusion himself. Unfortunately for T-Bird, she waited a bit too long before making her move; had she been playing Lex that way before the ic it would have stood a much better chance of working, by waiting she made it obvious what she was up to.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I don't think so"
I think it looks like Tom will be booted next. Lex has a very good chance of winning another IC and Tom has those votes against him. MamaKim may be on the outside of the LET alliance. But I don't think any of the men see her as a threat. Ethan and Lex have to realize that Tom has been schmoozing everyone and the jury likes him. Get rid of Tom first. Ethan wants his competition gone. MamaKim will never win the final IC. Lex and Ethan then end up in the final 2. I think this is their deal. They probably both think they can beat each other in a vote.

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I don't think so"
I also agree that Tom most likely did tell Teresa to vote for Lex, this way he still appears to be the good guy and the one who isnt going to break the alliance. However, at this point in the game it would be useless to try and get Lex out for the simple fact he cannot win against the jury. I doubt that any one besides maybe Brandon would vote fo him to win. So at this point I WOULlD want to go into the final 2 with Lex knowing he cant possibly win. I do agree however that he has played the game of suvivor vey well and may actually deserve the title of Ultimate Survivor. It's still going to be hard to call. As for Mama Kim yes she is a sneaky little thing but she also has to realize that she's the next target so I feel like she's doing everything she can to make sure she sticks around. She strikes me as a woman who can manipulate but Ethan would be the best bet for this because their bond is stronger than the other 2 we will have to wait and see but I'm still banking on Tom walkig away with the Million.

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I don't think so"

Did anyone realize that the previews we saw with Lex winning did in fact come true. This goes against the idea of MB not showing us the true victors of challenges. I thought this was way too obvious thus chosing Ethan to win the IC. I do think that Ethan threw it when he got to the puzzle. Did anyone sense this as well???

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-02, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Strone Please Change Your Graphic..."
Your animated picture is located on a server that is prompting for a password everytime your post appears. Could you please use the following copy of the graphic instead? It is loaded on the SB.com server.

The file name can be obtained by viewing the properties of the graphic. Also, could you please edit this post with the new file name?

Thanks

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •