The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"office pool"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mackjojo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-20-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mackjojo Click to send private message to mackjojo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"office pool"
Does anyone have a format for an office pool. I have used the "tournament" format for the last couple of years and was hoping to spice it up a bit for this year. I want it to be easy to track and maybe incorporate the tournament format where you pick everyone up front, but also have a pick each week also. Any ideas?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: office pool kxcarter 02-01-07 1
   RE: office pool HocusPocus 02-03-07 9
   RE: office pool magicode 10-31-07 12
 RE: office pool nailbone 02-01-07 2
   RE: office pool Jadens Mommy 02-01-07 3
       RE: office pool nailbone 02-01-07 4
           RE: office pool kxcarter 02-01-07 5
               RE: office pool nailbone 02-01-07 6
               RE: office pool kcmchugh 01-17-08 14
 RE: office pool emydi 02-01-07 7
   RE: office pool livsforluv 02-01-07 8
       RE: office pool HocusPocus 02-03-07 10
   RE: office pool xwraith27 02-04-07 11
 RE: office pool HauntedOne 01-23-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kxcarter 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kxcarter Click to send private message to kxcarter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: office pool"
I'm looking for an American Idol office pool game - where can I go to find the rules?

HocusPocus 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-07, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HocusPocus Click to send private message to HocusPocus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: office pool"
Here's a really cool and easy pool that I play in that's totally free. The website offers a Public game accesible to everyone but you can also create private office pools. Check it out.

http://www.last2left.com/whatsinplay.aspx?gameid=2004

magicode 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magicode Click to send private message to magicode Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: office pool"
>I'm looking for an American Idol
>office pool game - where
>can I go to find
>the rules?

Try Fun Office Pools - they have lots of reality TV office pools and claim to have an American Idol pool coming in 2008.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-01-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: office pool"
Are you going to start with the Hollywood rounds, or wait till the finals?

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-01-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: office pool"
I would suggest waiting until the finals.

02-01-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: office pool"
Me too.

One way that I've heard it done is for everyone in the office to "draft" a finalist, and the winner takes all. But that only works with a small group that doesn't exceed the number of finalists.

Or do a "bottom three" and/or "voted off" prediction each week. Assign points to each week, and accumulate points for each correct prediction. The winner is the one with the most points at the end.

kxcarter 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kxcarter Click to send private message to kxcarter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: office pool"
I like your "voted off" suggestion. We will wait until the final 12, but I wanted to be ready. Thanks for the response.

02-01-07, 01:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: office pool"
You bet.

And welcome to the Monkey House.

kcmchugh 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-08, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcmchugh Click to send private message to kcmchugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: office pool"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-08 AT 02:53 PM (EST)

>I like your "voted off" suggestion.
> We will wait until
>the final 12, but I
>wanted to be ready.
>Thanks for the response.

I like the idea of picking who will go home, and we found that when after a while people started dropping out because they missed a couple early on.

At our office we started using Fun Office Pools because they use the rules you are suggesting.

Essentially, you get 20 points each week to put on whoever you think is going home, then you get those points if you are right. So you can see how taking a risk might pay off ... or cost you.

They run it all, so eliminations points scoring etc. is all handled by them.

Oh, one other suggestion if you have a larger group. If you are collecting money, let the person who comes in last place get their money back. We found this to be pretty fun. At half way through last season when folks thought they were out of it they all started racing to be in last place. Sometimes thinking someone is safe can get you in trouble, too (see Melinda or Chris Daughtry) So at least everyone was having fun. Just a thought...

Should be a good show--heck, there isn't going to be anything else on TV anyway.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: office pool"
also at F12 I will be hosting a PTTE game with 2 lists--SHOULD GO and WILL GO! Glowie has been hounding me to post something about this...she always loves putting in lists

livsforluv 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-01-07, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail livsforluv Click to send private message to livsforluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: office pool"
i think i'm going to put together a pool for my office this year

HocusPocus 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-07, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HocusPocus Click to send private message to HocusPocus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: office pool"
>i think i'm going to put
>together a pool for my
>office this year

Here's a really cool and easy pool that I play in that's totally free. The website offers a Public game accesible to everyone but you can also create private office pools. Check it out.

http://www.last2left.com/whatsinplay.aspx?gameid=2004

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-07, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: office pool"
And I will be in to defend my co-title.

Flashy siggy by tribey!

HauntedOne 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-23-08, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HauntedOne Click to send private message to HauntedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: office pool"
This is what we use. We start with the final 12 and move them forward through the brackets leaving one behind each week. You get a set number of points for each person you correctly move ahead and 10 bonus points if you correctly pick the boot for that week. I obviously didn't win last year.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •