The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OFG Theory - Need Help!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-03-02, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OFG Theory - Need Help!"
OFG - please help me clarify. I know your theory has been more accurate than anything else on any message boards since your interpretation of Kelly's chat. (I realize you incorporate more evidence than just Kelly's comments, but I seem to recall they were the main gist of your predictions.) Unfortunately, I can't find them all laid out. Is my recollection correct that this is what you predicted:

Brandon boot (you were right)

Frank boot - which, after being persuaded by others, at least partially because Frank seemed a target in the preview you changed to KimP

KimP boot - you were right

Lex boot - and now i'm not clear if you're sticking with this or changing

then I think you got a little fuzzy but predicted that Kelly spent zero lodge time with either Ethan or KimJ, and very little with Teresa leading us to believe Tom might go before the other three.

Am I right about this or has my memory altered your predictions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OFG Theory - Need Help! Outfrontgirl 01-04-02 1
   RE: OFG Theory - Need Help! Rose Red 01-05-02 2
       RE: OFG Theory - Need Help! Mitrelleum 01-05-02 3
           RE: OFG Theory - Need Help! Rose Red 01-05-02 4
 Rest easy, Rose Red Outfrontgirl 01-05-02 5
   RE: Rest easy, Rose Red Rose Red 01-05-02 6
       RE: Rest easy, Rose Red Rose Red 01-05-02 7
           RE: Rest easy, Rose Red Mitrelleum 01-05-02 8
               RE: Rest easy, Rose Red vulcan 01-06-02 9
   RE: Rest easy, Rose Red Outfrontgirl 01-06-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-02, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: OFG Theory - Need Help!"
Hi Red,
I am amazed that someone was keeping track.
Yep, you are right about what I thought on Brandon, Frank, and Kelly. The thread where most of the reasoning was started by me: "Kelly & Frank's Quality Time at the Lodge"--after the Brandon boot. I forget where I posted the Brandon reasoning--on a thread by mauki as I recall, and the vote thread. The Kelly Chat Highlights thread had a lot of good speculation by people...

Qualifier on what you said above:
I was persuaded from Frank not by the preview per se, but by the two Insider Clips that week, specifically where Frank said he had a bullseye painted on him, and where Lex said Frank must Go. People argued on the Lodge thread (and I caved to the good reasoning), that the Clips must be misdirection.

I had it right for a brief moment when I added a post that said Burnett had no way to hide a Frank boot and so went the way of the over-obvious. Alas, I lost in faith in my argument before the vote. Oh well.

I stuck to my guns with Kim P mostly due to her face time spike... combined with the Lodge theory, from her chat, that Frank, Brandon, and Kim were her three friends there.

My feeling was and is that the Kelly Lodge theory ran out of gas after the third juror beyond kelly, because there was so little time left in Africa--down to four days for the last three.

Except I felt that Kim J went to Final 2 or 3, as they never healed the rift. Tom she liked from her time in camp and never quarreled with, so little spoiler value there. Lex--by the Final 5 she could easily avoid him if she wanted (but he's still not there, so the spoiler that they didn't make up did pan out).

Tonight I voted for Teresa and I am going with the Tom's sister spoiler for a Tom boot in 4th place--it's all set up now, isn't it?

At first I didn't believe Tom would leak his finish place to anyone (due to contract)--but after seeing Tom get good and drunk on the Safari--hell, he would say anything and promptly forget it the next morning, so I dropped my skepticism.

Now I am feeling that Lex and Ethan are Final Two, and I base that not on game logic (as Ethan seems awfully resentful) but on series-long face time.

MamaKim simply didn't get the face time deserved by one of the two people who might win. Due to the Lockbox, Burnett should edit both of the Final 2 as possible winners with well filled out story arcs from beginning to end.

Tom has plenty of face time, but there is the "sister" spoiler for him--which sleeeve brought to my attention on his GUT thread, and AyaK spelled out in more detail yesterday (on the What If? I think)

btw, the "OFG theory" title that sort of snowballed was just a minor observation that the bootee never got left completely out of the preview; one way or another Burnett would play "fair" by showing their picture in a close-up or individual shot.

Some obvious boots even pointed to the person in the preview, like Linda; others only showed a reaction shot or suchlike, or a "general" scene that seemed not to point to the bootee at all.

Other people added to this with more elaborate thoughts about misdirection. This was more helpful when there were a lot of players in the game...

Truly I don't believe any theory holds up 100% of the time and that's what makes Spoiling Survivor so difficult. The worst thing that Burnett does, IMHO, is to completely hide the bootee in one episode and totally throw it in our faces other times. If he were NEVER straightforward, that would be very helpful! But no, nothing that reliable...

Anyway, I was wrong so much this season it's good of you to think I did well! I appreciate that. God knows I tried and tried to digest and incorporate what all of you smart insightful Spoiler people have been posting.

Hope that helped. It's a wee bit past my bedtime, even on the West Coast...

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-05-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OFG Theory - Need Help!"
OFG, I know you've posted this somewhere, but I can't find it. I know you said Tom was a Scorpio. What signs are Lex, MK and Ethan? And Richard and Tina, while we're at it.
Did you see the Early SHow this morning? Didn't you think it odd that MB would keep bringing up Lex's name in a positive light more than once or twice? Is he guilty because LEX WINS?!?

That sound you hear is twenty million Americans vomiting on their spouses.

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-05-02, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: OFG Theory - Need Help!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-02 AT 01:43 AM (EST)

Rose Red,
Ethan is also a Scorpio.
Lex is a Taurus
Kim is a Virgo
Richard is an Aries and Tina is a Capricorn.
I'm really excited because I am a Scorpio, and with the exception of Gervase and Kimmi, Tom and Ethan are the only other Scorpios to participate in the game, and the fact that they both made the final two makes this Scorpio very happy.
Edited to say that I meant final four, not two.
If they both make the final two, I think my head will explode.

01-05-02, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OFG Theory - Need Help!"
Thanks for the astrological info, Mitrellium(sp?).Two Scorpios - oh my! Tom and Ethan BOTH!
I'm a Taurus. I think MY head will explode if fellow Tauruean Lex wins.

01-05-02, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Rest easy, Rose Red"
LOL at you both Rose Red and Mitrellium, with your threats of physical illness...

FYI: Mitrellium was right on the signs but made a typo or something on Lex, born June 18.

Lex is a Gemini: the Twins

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde residing in one body.
Yep, his evil twin made him act that way! But his other twin is a nice guy. And both of them are the "real" Lex.

Our friend Kelly, Rose, was a Taurus, like Teresa, and Alicia, and alas, Diane (but let's not dwell on Diane.)

I have yet to watch today's Early Show. It's on tape. I will go watch it now! All the astrology info you would want is listed on my Major Jivers Astro thread on Bashers, with links...
Probably on Page 2 at the moment...

01-05-02, 02:48 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rest easy, Rose Red"
If GEMINI Lex wins, my head will explode and then what's left of it will throw up on my boyfriend. Or vice versa.

Or better yet, we should all throw up on MK's husband.

01-05-02, 03:21 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rest easy, Rose Red"
Oh! And I've been RAOTFL so hard at DK's "Four Words- Frank in a Sarong" on Bashers that I forgot to ask you what was the much-missed Colbster's sign?

Also, what will Brandon AND Frank wear next week?

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-05-02, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rest easy, Rose Red"
DUR! I can't believe I pegged Lex as a Taurus. What a brain fart! Thanks for setting me straight. Colby however, was born on April Fools Day, which makes him an Aries. Kelly W. in case you are wondering is a Cancer.
Kelly G. is also a Taurus, whereas she and Diane have the same birthday.
As much as I want Ethan to win, Tom is closer to my birthday, so that's okay too.

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-06-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vulcan Click to send private message to vulcan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rest easy, Rose Red"
what was clarence the bean eaters sign also were there any libras

01-06-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rest easy, Rose Red"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-02 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

Vulcan--
here you go--
Clarence: Sagittarius/Capricorn cusp
Jessie: Libra (never got a break)

Final 4:
Lex: Gemini Sun/Taurus Moon
Ethan: Scorpio Sun/Gemini Moon
Tom: Scorpio Sun/Sagittarius Moon
KimJ: Virgo Sun/Libra Moon

btw, Vulcan is considered by many astrologers to be the mythical God ruling the sign Virgo.

Edit: the most current Astrology link on Bashers:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/815.shtml#17

I just added some character traits of L-E-T to the thread.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •