The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita and..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Cornertime Forum (Public)
Current Message

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-26-10, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita and..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-10 AT 06:03 PM (EST)

I know I'm a day early but I'm going to be out most of the day tomorrow and hope to get this back on track.

So I'm starting with dessert -
Watermelon/Basil Granita - we've been making granita's forever. As a broke single mom - Bre and I couldn't afford to buy an icecream machine but it didn't cost much of anything to make a good granita. Recently, it may have been Rachael Rays mag but I'm not sure, I read about adding herbs to granitas and have been testing different recipes ever since, this is one of my favorite combos. Blueberry/lemon is a close second. So...

Watermelon Basil Granita

1 small watermelon
2 T fresh basil, chopped
2/3 c sugar
2/3 c water
3 T vodka - I used vanilla flavored

Cut the watermelon into small pieces, removing any rind & seeds. Add it & the basil to a blender & purée until is it almost completely smooth, you really want this as smooth as possible. You should end up with about 3 cups of purée.

In the microwave heat the water & sugar until the sugar is dissolved, making a simple syrup.

Mix the watermelon purée, simple syrup & vodka together in a container with a lid & put into the freezer. Allow to freeze to a slushy texture & then break up with a fork. I would scrap every few hours and then let go overnight. It took a little bit of scrapping the next day but well worth the effort. Makes quite a bit.

And now the grilled veggie pizzas - I usually buy my pizza dough from my favorite pizza spot Sam and Ella's - they sell me enough for 4 pizza for 2.00 but they were closed and I was pooped so decided to buy rolls instead of make my own. BIG mistake - Big! Pizza dough is so easy to make and the store bought was gross. So here is a pizza dough recipe, but buy from a grocer, restaurant or make your own grilled pizza is fantastic.

Pizza dough -

1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar
Directions
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape.

Roll out into thin crust

Edited to add a loose shopping list
canola oil
garlic
eggplant
roma tomatoes
yellow squash
onion
spinach
basil
marinara sauce
olives
hummus
mozzarella
feta
add or subtract as you please

Toppings -
Use any sauce you want - I did two. A marinara sauce and hummus dip. Use whatever veggies you love - I've got mushrooms, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, yellow squash, red peppers and garlic. Cut them chunky and throw in a bag with some canola oil.

Grill when coals turn white. Salt lightly and put aside.

Oil both sides of pizza dough and throw on grill - don't worry, it'll look like it's oozing and will fall through. It doesn't.

Flip onto a plate and add your toppings onto the grilled side. (somehow I didn't get the picture of the mediterranean toppings - it was hummus as the sauce, eggplant, spinach, kalamata olives, tomatoes, red pepper, mozzerella and feta)
The one shown is marinara, mushrooms, fresh basil leaves, red pepper and mozzerella - and maybe a few other things.

Grill until toasty and serve.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita and...   Tummy     08-26-10       
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   samboohoo     08-26-10     1  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   qwertypie     08-26-10     2  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Silvergirl1     08-28-10     3  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     08-28-10     7  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   frodis     08-28-10     4  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   CTgirl     08-28-10     5  
         RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     08-28-10     6  
             RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   qwertypie     08-29-10     8  
                 RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     08-30-10     12  
                     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Karchita     08-30-10     15  
             RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   weltek     08-30-10     11  
   *drools*   Karchita     08-30-10     9  
   Pizza!   frodis     08-30-10     10  
     RE: Pizza!   Tummy     08-30-10     13  
         RE: Pizza!   Karchita     08-30-10     16  
             RE: Pizza!   Tummy     08-30-10     17  
                 RE: Pizza!   Karchita     08-30-10     19  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   MKitty     08-30-10     14  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Starshine     08-30-10     18  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     08-30-10     20  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Karchita     08-31-10     21  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   weltek     08-31-10     22  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Sagebrush Dan     09-20-10     35  
   Quantity?   Karchita     09-01-10     23  
     RE: Quantity?   weltek     09-01-10     24  
         RE: Quantity?   Tummy     09-01-10     25  
             RE: Quantity?   Karchita     09-01-10     26  
   Next Four Up   Tummy     09-05-10     27  
     RE: Next Four Up   Karchita     09-06-10     28  
         RE: Next Four Up   Tummy     09-07-10     30  
             lol   Karchita     09-07-10     31  
                 RE: lol   Tummy     09-07-10     32  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Karchita     09-06-10     29  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Starshine     09-17-10     33  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     09-19-10     34  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   samboohoo     09-20-10     36  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     09-21-10     37  
         RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   samboohoo     09-21-10     38  
   RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   qwertypie     10-24-10     39  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   foonermints     10-24-10     40  
         RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     10-25-10     41  
     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   qwertypie     10-25-10     42  
         RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   foonermints     10-25-10     43  
             RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   qwertypie     10-26-10     44  
                 RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   Tummy     10-26-10     45  
                     RE: OTCC - Watermelon/Basil Granita...   qwertypie     10-27-10     46  
         Whee!!!!   qwertypie     10-27-10     47  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •