The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Can anyone tell me what happened during the last 15 mins of the show today?! It was interrupted by a STUPID news alert regarding that indictment business. They took the entire last 15 mins of the show! UGH!! The last thing I saw was IV talking to the camera saying that she thought although Christina was saying she didn't like hustling the HGs, she thought Christina's face and demeanor (my words) were saying she was "high" from it or words to that affect. What happened next (and please don't leave anything out - I'm addicted!)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... innerspacegirl 10-28-05 1
 RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... melaniemv 10-28-05 2
   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Howeykat 10-28-05 3
   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Doeskin 10-28-05 5
       RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Howeykat 10-28-05 6
           RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Doeskin 10-28-05 7
   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Redbud 10-28-05 8
   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... LeAnn 10-28-05 11
 RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Howeykat 10-28-05 4
   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Redbud 10-28-05 9
       RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... tjalberti 10-28-05 10
           RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... melaniemv 10-28-05 12
               RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... Doeskin 10-28-05 13
                   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... foreverhis 10-28-05 14
                   RE: Help! Show interrupted by News... melaniemv 10-28-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

innerspacegirl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-28-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail innerspacegirl Click to send private message to innerspacegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Hope someone will fill us in. I love the show, but it has a terrible time slot. So sick of it being preempted and interrupted!

melaniemv 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-28-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melaniemv Click to send private message to melaniemv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
There is life outside Starting Over. The news is important and they can't please everyone by showing special reports at times that don't interupt "your" show. It happens and we will live. The news is not "STUPID".

~ * melanie * ~

Howeykat 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-28-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howeykat Click to send private message to Howeykat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Geez...you need to mellow out. Wow....you know it's always better to say nothing if your bothered by what someone says. Unless your trying to be someone's LC.

Doeskin 8 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doeskin Click to send private message to Doeskin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Actually, it is REALLY irritating that shows get interupted by "Special Reports". In my opinion, unless there is a disaster underway, these interuptions are unecessary. That's why cable has a myriad of 24 hour, aptly named, "news" stations - if you want to watch the current events, you go there, to the "news" station - same can be said repsectively of sports.
A ticker at the bottom of the screen would have been sufficient to inform those whom are interested that a live news conference was underway on the appropriate channel. Thus, giving all a choice as to whether it is relevant to them or not.

That said, I missed 45 minutes of the show and am very disappointed (seeing as I didn't care about that particular news item). If anyone can point out where to go to catch up, or provide a synopsis of today's show, I would be extremely grateful.

10-28-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howeykat Click to send private message to Howeykat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
I agree with your irritation. My reference above was in regards to the response stating "there is life after ...." and "the news is important". I just thought it was a bit inappropriate.

I'll Let you guys know what happens after I was at 1pm.

10-28-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doeskin Click to send private message to Doeskin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Howeykat I was responding to melaniemv's post which I also felt was a tad harsh.

I look forward to your re-cap of the show!! Thx!!

10-28-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
>There is life outside Starting Over.
>The news is important and
>they can't please everyone by
>showing special reports at times
>that don't interupt "your" show.
>It happens and we will
>live. The news is not
>"STUPID".
>
>~ * melanie * ~

Melanie, speak for yourself! Anyone else out there willing to ANSWER my request?

LeAnn 28 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeAnn Click to send private message to LeAnn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
Yes some news is important! To others its not. Why do you find it necessary to attack those who do not care about what they were talking about. I was irriated about them inrupting my show! I could of cared less about what was going on, but there is no need to attack others melanie!

10-28-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
I'm on the West coast...so I'll be watching at 1pm my time. I'll try to fill you in after

10-28-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
HoweyKat.....THANK YOU!! I'm sure I missed something good!

tjalberti 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjalberti Click to send private message to tjalberti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
I missed the last 15 minutes for the same reason. I can understand the news as important, but the 15 minutes of talking heads who are just indulging themselves afterwards is just ridiculous.

I would ever so much appreciate if one of you who views the program later would fill us in!

10-28-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melaniemv Click to send private message to melaniemv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
LeAn, I didn't "attack" anyone. I made sure of that in order to avoid a warning or upsetting others. I really didn't think people would jump all over my back for stating how I feel. My comments were that "there's life outside SO" - not an attack. And that the news was important - not an attack. Besides, isn't that what these forums are about? Discussing our personal opinions about all aspects of the show?

I don't need to mellow out, i'm perfectly mellow. I didn't come on with a panic attack because SO was interupted. If it's better to say nothing if bothered by someone else's comments, then may I ask why you even posted anything Howeycat? Thats not an attack, just a question.

~ * melanie * ~

10-28-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
I am confused. This forum is about Starting Over and someone requesting a re-cap of the show due to the news interuption.
Why is it then necessary to point out that there are other things in life other than SO in an SO forum where clearly one's interest is in SO not whether the news is stupid or not.

News IS important and people tune in to it when they feel they want to catch up on current events (and perhaps go to News Discussion Forums after)

So the statement of "There's more to life.." was incongruous to the intent of the original post, which was a request for a play-by-play in light of the interuption. I think that is the reason it was construed as an attack/insult (like saying "get a life" or something like that).
I am afraid I got the same vibe from the post and I am also wondering why the "there's more to life.." posting was even necessary as it was irrelevant to the original post and had nothing to do with any aspect of the show SO.

foreverhis 44 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foreverhis Click to send private message to foreverhis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
I can review my tape and let you know what happened. This episode was shown yesterday here, so I seem to be one show ahead. If you could let me know what happened on Thursdays episode I would appreciate it, since the station that broadcasts it here decided to skip it. By the way I agree news reports that interupt things are sooo irrating! I am sorry that you missed the last fifteen minutes of the show.

Foreverhis <><

10-28-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Help! Show interrupted by News Alert!!"
I watch the show everyday, sure it was a bummer because it was interuppted for me too. And a recap would be great! If it had been, "hey guys, there was a news interuption today. Can anyone who wasn't interupted give me a recap?" it would have been taken differently. However, this post was not like that. I was pointing out that it will be ok because life will go on. That calling the news stupid isn't going to solve anything. I was voicing my personal opinion.

Nothing I said was intended as a personal attack. Just my statements, my views and my response to the things the original poster said.

~ * melanie * ~

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •