The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New preview of Ep 12 seen during football game"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-30-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New preview of Ep 12 seen during football game"
Just saw a preview during the football game - did anyone else see this? It did seem to explicitly state that the Super/Recycled challenge is for immunity...and it talked about a "humanitarian mission". I saw a box clearly labeled "Diapers", and a shot of MK hugging an African child. There was more, but I don't have it taped and this is what I remember. (I'm sure one of our resident experts will have vidcaps up before long!).

What I'm wondering - maybe there is no reward challenge at all...maybe they are presented with the opportunity to participate in this "humanitarian mission" - taking supplies to a poor village, I suppose? If there is a RC also, how could there be time to show the challenge, the reward experience, AND the "mission"?

Back to the Super Challenge - I believe that some of the scenes they show actually are from the previous challenges (has that already been mentioned here? I don't remember seeing it). MK climbing the ladder, and Tom falling in the net, especially look like they are from the challenges that took place previously. We already know that MB has been very misleading with his previews - showing scenes from previous eps, showing scenes that never are actually in the episode at all, etc.

I wish I had it on tape - but I'll keep my eyes open for it to show again, and I am anxious to hear from others who saw it!

dangerkitty

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen durin... janisella 12-30-01 1
   RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen durin... dangerkitty 12-30-01 2
       RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen durin... Rose Red 12-30-01 3
           Ears don't match? Krautboy 12-30-01 4
 challenge footage janisella 12-30-01 5
   Tricky MB editing? PepeLePew13 01-02-02 12
 Teresa with Mail from Home? Krautboy 12-30-01 6
   RE: Teresa with Mail from Home? Rose Red 12-30-01 7
       RE: Teresa with Mail from Home? Mitrelleum 12-30-01 8
           Clarence was there. Rose Red 12-30-01 9
   RE: Teresa with Mail from Home? Bebo 12-31-01 11
 RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen durin... Bungler 12-30-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-30-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen during football game"
I saw the preview as well and wondered the same thing about the challenges. I'll watch for it again during the second half and see if I can tell anything by beard length, etc. in the challenge clips.

I thought maybe MK and someone else get to go on the mission, but your idea that they all get to go is better.

If any of the vid cap experts are out there - I sure hope you're football fans too.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-30-01, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen during football game"
Thinking some more about this: There could be an RC, the winner gets to be the "ambassador" by going into town to recieve the shipment of supplies, and while there gets to spend time with their loved one, gets a good meal, maybe an overnight. Then, they return to camp in the truck with supplies, and with their loved one, and all go to the village to distribute the supplies.

Compare to S2: Colby swooned over the Aztek, met up with mom, ate, showered, chatted, the famous bedding down with mom in the Aztek - then both returned to camp and we had the time with mom and the care packages. So they could have the village visit with all of them instead of the camp time with care packages. This makes sense to me.

Relevancy: whoever wins RC, if it includes food and also rest, has a better chance of winning IC. Teresa has a MUCH better chance of winning IC if she wins RC. There is a good argument that T's husband is in the preview with the truck loading. So maybe MB set up an RC that favors Teresa, as a way of giving her a better chance of winning immunity. Some of us thought he would try to favor her by his choice of IC - he didn't, but maybe he really is a little bit, by favoring her in the RC?

dangerkitty

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-30-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen during football game"
It's not Teresa's husband in the promo. The ears (since we are looking at his back} don't match. This is probably one of the UN workers, and maybe they ALL get to go, and get a decent meal. They could fit all this in and an RC, too, like last week, there was NO exposition whatsoever. BANG! We were right into the RC. Maybe the RC is some kind of mental challenge, regarding the Peace Corps. Teresa could win this and bring MK. Or maybe MK, the retired school teacher, finally wins something!
MB would NEVER show the family member in the promo, but there are new images up at Survivorfever. But they only show Lex and Ethan grunting and groaning through the super-sized-double-whopper challenge, which as OFG and others have pointed out MAY NOT BE THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE at all. THAT may be the RC. However, MK and Tom and Teresa don't look like they could win this. His misdirection at this point in the promos is ENORMOUS. He certainly IS pointing away from Teresa at this point, though. Maybe that means she wins it? He certainly is showing us a lot of Ethan and Lex competing like mad. Maybe that means they don't win. But the Peace Corps segment indicates to me that they DON'T do an endurance challenge at this point. There's simply no time for it. At least not this week.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-30-01, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Ears don't match?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-01 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

Rose, I read your original post about the ear shape and I don't think we can compare the ear shapes based on the photos shot at two different angles...the side profile shows the shape, but the head on shot does not; it conceals the shape and the pointiness you describe. I think there are just way too many other similarities for it to be a coincidence.

I think the scenario that Dangerkitty describes is very close to what will happen. The humanitarian mission including everyone "giving something back" to the local community is good PR that MB must have needed. And the winner of the RC as an "ambassador" fits nicely. The RC winner shows up to unload the care packages and is surprised when one of the delivery people who is a loved one. They then go back to camp and meet everyone else, etc. etc., just like Dangerkitty describes.

It is also possible that the logistics of getting a loved one to Africa in time, on short notice, was more easily accomplished by involving the Peace Corp or some similiar organization...

Krautboy

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-30-01, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "challenge footage"
OK, I had my almost 10 yo son watch for the promo during the 4th quarter of the Browns game and he said the first shots were from earlier (Ethan and Tom falling in cart and Indiana Jones challenges) and the clip of Tom falling into the net was new (he had a green buff on). He also said the clip of Teresa was new because of how skinny she is.

If the final immunity challenge is that physical, I can't see Tom or the women winning it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-02-02, 04:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Tricky MB editing?"
>and the clip of Tom falling into the net was new (he
>had a green buff on). He also said the clip of
>Teresa was new because of how skinny she is.

Let's not forget that we've "caught" MB earlier editing the buff colour for Brandon's confessionals -- Bungler had vidcaps a few episodes ago where we found one with Brandon wearing a red buff and then later the exact same interview with Brandon wearing a green buff.

Easy for MB to change Tom's buff and recycle the falling-into-net image.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-30-01, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Teresa with Mail from Home?"

This Vidcap is part of the new 12/30 batch from SurvivorFever.

It shows Teresa hugging KimJ and holding what looks like mail in her right hand.

Can we speculate that Teresa is indeed the "ambassador" who goes on the humanitarian mission with her husband and brings mail for the others who did not win. KimJ seems happy for Teresa who is probably coming back from receiving the "momentus delivery".

Teresa has now also met the requirements for the OFG Theory. Pictured in the preview (simple version) in a non-target setting (advanced version).

Krautboy

12-30-01, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Teresa with Mail from Home?"
Amaaaazing vid cap Krautboy!

Is EPMB helping Teresa after all? I think that she is hugging MK is significant, too. She's not pictured hugging the men? Maybe they both get to go? Maybe they BOTH have visitors from home. That would be a new wrinkle! After all they all had to fly to New York ANYway. Of course, Oyster Bay is not far from NY, NY.

Kim Jay from Oyster Bay all the way!

But why is MB showing us this? Doesn't this clearly mean that Teresa wins this crucial RC or is it the IC? You can't tell the way they've been misdirecting this season, and as it's down to the wire now, there will be even MORE misdirection. Although Tom looked like he won the claypot challenge last week, and he DID!

I would also like to point out another potential spoiler from way back when when Boron climbed to that MOUNTAINtop. Yeah, right, there are mountains right nearby, huh? They were TRANSPORTED to the mountaintop, or hilltop, and there was that soaring, almost poetic shot of the four of them that appeared at the end of one of the early episodes.

In the the vidcaps of the promos for that episode, I thought it was odd that it only looked like FOUR Borons, not five. Kelly was seated, hidden. I knew then that the four we saw, Tom, Lex, Ethan and MK were the F4, because the shots that were selected for the promos clearly did NOT show Kelly. He could've used a shot that showed all five of them standing there, but he didn't.Hindsight makes everything so clear.

Yes, MB sure is helping T-Bird it looks like this week.But unless she wins Immunity she's gone...

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-30-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Teresa with Mail from Home?"
Actually, Clarence was a part of that picture too. Not only do I distinctly remember it, but he HAD to be there because there was at no time the opportunity for the supposed final four (T/E/L/K) without Kelly AND Clarence after the switch.
I'm pretty damn sure Clarence was there, and there was no way Kelly got away with the other 4 Boran after the merge or the switch. So if Kelly was edited out, so was Clarence.

12-30-01, 08:12 PM (EST)
9. "Clarence was there."
Yup, you are right. Clarence WAS there. However, the transparent set-up of this strong visual had all of us LOOKING UP at these people. He was literally putting them on a pedestal. Mr. Subliminal was saying to us that "Yes, these are the people who are worthy of being regarded by you for the rest of the season.Attention must be paid." etc. etc, and here we are all these months later STILL looking AT them, if not UP to them.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-31-01, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Teresa with Mail from Home?"
>Can we speculate that Teresa is
>indeed the "ambassador" who goes
>on the humanitarian mission with
>her husband and brings mail
>for the others who did
>not win. KimJ seems happy
>for Teresa who is probably
>coming back from receiving the
>"momentus delivery".

OR...MamaKim wins the RC, and is getting a hug of appreciation from T-bird after handing her letters from home. I think one or the other is the RC winner.

>Teresa has now also met the
>requirements for the OFG Theory.
>Pictured in the preview (simple
>version) in a non-target setting
>(advanced version).

Agreed. I thought it was weird she wasn't in the first preview, but now she's gotten the right sort of exposure in the previews.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-01, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New preview of Ep 12 seen during football game"
sorry it took me so long to get captures for this one gang. Nevertheless, they're up in the Ep 12 Vidcaps topic, and the IC pics are in the IC discussion topic.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •