The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-27-01, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor

{Jeff Probst} MotoMaji endures new hardships

{Lex} We've got an elephant disrespecting our spring

{Jeff Probst} One Survivor becomes the ambassador of a momentous delivery

{Jeff Probst}And a long-standing alliance is thrown into question

{Lex} If I think that he's in a situation where he's about to screw me over and stab me in the back...

{Lex} ...I'll cut his throat

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-27-01 1
   RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps NorthOfBoston 12-27-01 3
       RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps MakeItStop 12-28-01 12
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps NorthOfBoston 12-27-01 2
 Can't resist... dangerkitty 12-28-01 4
   Neither can I Outfrontgirl 12-28-01 7
       It's not just DK landruajm 12-28-01 11
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps MvS 12-28-01 5
   RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Sam Buru 12-28-01 6
       RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-28-01 20
           Teresa's Husband? Krautboy 12-30-01 25
           RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Sam Buru 01-03-02 37
       Wow....what a spoilin' frenzy Afreaqua 01-02-02 36
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 12-28-01 8
   RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Bebo 12-28-01 9
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps NorthOfBoston 12-28-01 10
   RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps JohnMc 12-28-01 13
       Thinking too far ahead bergdogg 12-28-01 14
 Everyone is in this preview, EXCEPT... Bebo 12-28-01 15
   RE: Everyone is in this preview, EX... MDSkinner 12-28-01 16
       RE: Everyone is in this preview, EX... Bebo 12-28-01 17
           RE: Everyone is in this preview, EX... MDSkinner 12-28-01 18
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 12-28-01 19
 New Preview Bungler 12-29-01 21
   RE: New Preview Outfrontgirl 12-29-01 22
       RE: New Preview KLicK 12-29-01 23
           Ethan's father and brothers? Rose Red 12-29-01 24
   adding a shot Bungler 12-30-01 26
 Wh's the other guy? dangerboy 12-30-01 27
   RE: Wh's the other guy? Rose Red 12-30-01 28
       KIM Js Box-Caps- Spoilers? Rose Red 12-30-01 29
 RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-30-01 30
   RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps Tinkerbell 12-31-01 31
       RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps moonbaby 12-31-01 32
       RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps moonbaby 12-31-01 33
   RE: Care packages????? Ogachu 12-31-01 34
 Late Comer Jumpin' In! IceCat 01-02-02 35
   RE: Late Comer Jumpin' In! TheWanderer 01-03-02 38
       RE: Late Comer Jumpin' In! catinhat95 01-03-02 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-27-01, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
In Cap #6, doesn't that look a lot like Ethan's blue t-shirt in the top left hand corner? Can we peg him as an early front-runner for Ep 12 RC?

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-27-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Looks more like Lex's blue sweatshirt to me; Ethan's t-shirt is lighter. Could also be the shirt of a delivery man.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-28-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Why would Lex be wearing a sweatshirt when everyone else is in short sleeves? I don't think it's Lex's sweatshirt.

12-27-01, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-01 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

WOW that was a fast transfer of the preview to the forum!

I'm completely ambivalent about my feelings about Lex. If he is really this paranoia and self-absorbed in real life, I think he's quite an annoying character and needs to be removed from my television set ASAP before I throw something at it. On the other hand, if he's just a "victim" of camera-induced paranoia and sly editing on the part of MB, I am full of pity. If it's the latter, I'm sure he's kicking himself each Thursday night over his jerk (euphemism) persona. No wonder he hasn't been spotted by anyone. He's probably hiding under his couch.

Is it just coincidence, or was the lion-attacking scene in episode 11 a foreshadowing of the possible turn one L/T/E alliancer has on another? MB CAN'T be showing us Lex freaking out again for no reason. He must know it's old hat by now.

edited to add PS

PS: Any thoughts on who the "snake" is this time? I'm willing to bet it's Ethan. He had that whole "I'm a loner / I have made friends here, but not TRUE friends" rambling in episode 11. If Ethan finally develops a backbone of his own (as opposed to the one growing out from Lex or Tom), kudos to him for finally waking up. Of course if Tom starts hanging out with the women too much, that's cause for alarm for Lex too.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-28-01, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Can't resist..."
Is it just me, or is this a rather unfortunate placement of vidcap and caption?

{Jeff Probst} One Survivor becomes the ambassador of a momentous delivery

And just to add spoiler value...thanks for the great and speedy vidcaps, Bungler! And having Lex once again threaten bodily harm leading to death makes me think that he doesn't get away with it this time.

dangerkitty

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-28-01, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Neither can I"
O Goddess of Words,
we can always count on you to Deliver...
Wait, that just "came out" wrong...

You prefer the caption:
"Have Dung, Will Travel"?
Spoiler "value": What's really in those brown boxes?

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "It's not just DK"
Oh no it's not.

And what's really in the boxes, OFG, is...a momentous delivery from the spring.

As to the blue shirt: it could just be a blurred-up shot of the "delivery man's" blue checked shirt.

As to whose throat Lex wants to slit: I think he's talking about Tom, with whom he feels a very tight bond right now...especially since he tucked Tom in on safari and all. Sure, it could be Ethan, since Lex gets suddenly and dramatically passionate about his paranoias; but MB is doing his best to point that paranoia at Ethan. Hence: Tom.

So much more than a sentient computer.

MvS 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-28-01, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MvS Click to send private message to MvS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Was At Work and forgot to tell my brother how to fix the sound capture problem. Next Week MPGS/MP3s will be back. I promise.

Here are the vidcaps.

Sam Buru 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-28-01, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sam%20Buru Click to send private message to Sam%20Buru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Bungler,

I am sure #5 will be the controversy for the next week. That person does look like Teresa's husband. If you could review the Clip where Brian talks about Teresa's biggest fear, you will get a great shot of Brian's left ear lobe. Since the left ear is the only point of direct comparison between Brian and #5 Man, these are the shots for the direct comparison.

If we find a match, then Teresa must win RC. However, I think the blue t-shirt is Ethan's!

We should be able to put this one to bed rather quickly!

12-28-01, 11:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Sam...

I dunno if you or anybody here checks my posts at the MESS Hall at EZ. Anyway, I posted a comparison shot there of Teresa's hubby and the guy in the blue-checked shirt. Here's that shot:

I also slowed down the frame-by-frame of the mysterious blue-shirted guy. I'm no longer certain it's Ethan. Here's a really bad shot from a few frames later, where you can see a wristwatch on the blue-shirted guy. I couldn't get a clearer cap on this one, sorry about that. Nevertheless, I've never seen Ethan wear a wristwatch in Africa. Jeff P. has a blue shirt on in this preview, but no wristwatch. The only blue-shirted guy with a watch is the guy up above, who may be Teresa's husband. Depends on if you think it's him or not.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-30-01, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Teresa's Husband?"
Bungler, Thanks for Posting this comparison here. Great work!

Sure looks like Teresa's husband to me. Hair color matches, hair texture and length match. Glasses are the same. Body type and weight match. Ears are both close to the head.

Why feature a white delivery guy in Africa unless he has something to do with the next episode. What is the likelihood of another family member who looks just like Teresa's husband?!

Thanks Bungler. I'm convinced. Your the Vidcap King!

This also means that the IC is the Super Challenge after all. Teresa wins the RC, but loses the IC. Goodbye Teresa?

Krautboy

Sam Buru 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-03-02, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sam%20Buru Click to send private message to Sam%20Buru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Thanks Bungler, I saw the pics there but I thought I could see Brian's ear a little better during slow mo replay of the scene. I can't rule the ear out from the pic. It doesn't matter too much right now. Also Blue Shirt Guy, isn't quite the same shade of Ethan's shirt.. With my TV they look the same.

Man I have been vasillating with my pics....Ethan leaving is really forshadowed, but Teresa leaving this week makes too much sense. Do you go with the herd and get slaughtered again, or try to tripple guess what MB is doing?

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Wow....what a spoilin' frenzy"
I think you guys are trying way too hard here.

That shirt is a short-sleeved dress shirt with a check. Last time I looked none of our survivors brought their dress shirts with them. Again, the hair cut looks a little too "fresh from the barbers'" to be any of our characters.

i'm liking the theory that this is a family member (Isn't it time for a family reward challenge?)

12-28-01, 05:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
I gather everyone so far thinks as I do that this is the Family Visit RC. The last RC in fact, right?
No one mentioned the aged gent with J.P. in Bungler's #7. Does he match up with any of the family videos? The blue shirt guy could be a delivery guy, maybe, but not #7...

About the alliance trouble, per the Krautboy theory re the CBS poll, the poll misdirects. This week, it asks whether Tom and Lex's alliance can be/was mended by the safari or irrevocably broken over the Brandon vote.

Accordingly, it could well be Ethan and Lex who fall out instead, as North of Boston has suggested above and has provided good evidence of the foreshadowing.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Add me to the list of people thinking that the "he" in question is Ethan.

The CBS poll misdirection has been consistent, so that leads me to believe that the Tom-Lex tie is not the one in question. Besides, Lex knows that Tom had a problem with the whole Brandon issue.

In the last episode, JustKim and Teresa discussed bringing Tom in with them to vote out Lex. Another piece of misdirection.

JustKim has been feeding information to Ethan for quite awhile, so it wouldn't be surprising for him to considering making an overt move against Lex now.

12-28-01, 09:44 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
What if??

I agree with all of you (in numerous posts) that Pagonging is boring. What if THIS scenario comes to pass:

episode 12- Lex believes Ethan is the new snake. He tries to get Tom and Kim J to vote for Ethan, but instead, since they are more loyal to Ethan, they all vote for Lex. The vote is 4-1, with four votes Lex, one vote Ethan. The bond between MamaKim and Ethan (that many have been theorizing about) is revealed. This episode would be all the MORE entertaining if Teresa wins immunity (thus FORCING OB to cannibalize themselves).

episode 13- Ethan (or Tom) wins immunity; now Teresa is vulnerable. However, Tom is NOT very close with Kim (or IS he? That would be a hidden alliance for sure; never considered that one), but has become friends with Teresa. Ethan and Tom discuss the voting and are divided. Ethan wants to vote for Teresa; Tom wants to vote for Kim. The vote is split, 2-2. However, in a tie-breaker, Kim J is eliminated due to Frank's farewell vote. At this point, all (seen) alliances are broken. Jeffy asks pointedly at TC, "Any regrets?"

Given the way Ethan and Tom are appearing in public together, I doubt either ever turns on the other. It would be interesting to see Teresa win immunity in the final three and have to choose her partner.

I know this post is a little off the subject, but it sort of steam-rolled when I imagined all the scenarios Lex's newest bout of self-absorbtion would spawn.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-28-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
When is interactive television coming? I am in total agreement for your wishes for ep12 & 13. Would love to see TBird win immunity to force OB to cannibalize themselves. This puts her in a strong position if she can get MK to side with her in the F4. Then she can't be voted off in a tie breaker, though she could go out ala Suey from S1 being voted out when Kelly switched her vote and losing her million dollars in that exact moment. The best way for TBird to stay to the end now is to go on an immunity run, and if these are "fallen comrades" challenges, then I think she stands a shot to win.

Who would TBird best take into the final 2 with her? Her best shot is with Lex, though MK would be a good second best. Wouldn't that be interesting: an Old Hag final 2!

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-28-01, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Thinking too far ahead"
WHOA NOW!!!! don't get too far ahead of yourselves!!!!

Think of the episode at hand!!!!! you have one more episode before you can seriously think about the end!!! Here is what we definately now know about the Final Four:

1) there will definately be two men in the final four.
2) there is definately going to be 1 woman in the final four.
3) Unless your name happens to be Ethan, there is a possibility that you won't make it to the final four.
4) three members of the final four will be members of Boran.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ethan is a lock for the final four. Of that deck of cards that they made, Ethan is holding 4 aces!!!! Ethan has no votes, many possibilities for an alliance, and is in the position of power.

Everyone else has a plausible reason for being kicked off this week. Teresa is th obvious bootee. She is the last of her kind, and without immunity will go extinct. The interesting part would be if Teresa won immunity!!! Then her vote may become a real factor. Allinaces of old may have to be broken!!!

Let's say Teresa does the impossible (which she has proven she can do). Lex is next in line as a bootee. His prior votes and complete paranoia is enough to give him the boot. next in line is MamaKim. She may be in hte game only because she is on the right tribe, so it may be time for her to go. Then there is Tom, who may be in somewhat of a safe position, but has votes, intelligence (whether you want to believe it or not), and is a serious threat if you are sitting next to him in the final 2. There is no doubt in my mind that Tom beats anybody in the final vote, INCLUDING ETHAN!!! He has made himself look like a fool, but will hock everyone and gain respect for the way he played the game if he makes the final 2. So, Ethan may decide to get rid of his biggest threat at the million and get rid of Big Tom.

12-28-01, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Everyone is in this preview, EXCEPT..."
...Teresa!

Kim shows up in 1 vidcap, Tom's in 1, Ethan's in 2, and Lex is in 4. No sign of T-bird.

If the prior weeks are any indication, then Teresa is safe. Lex is prominently displayed, but not as a target, so it looks bad for him.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-28-01, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Everyone is in this preview, EXCEPT..."
Bebo, I am not sure if I am on the right track or not, but isn't it true that typically the person that is shown as a target is usually done more so in the Immunity Challenge vid caps? Since these are just the Reward Challenge vid caps, I was not sure that this would really mean something as to spoiling this week's episode. Please correct me if I am wrong about this though, cause I am definitely not certain.

12-28-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Everyone is in this preview, EXCEPT..."
Not sure, MD. Some weeks, we haven't gotten previews showing both challenges, which is why I can't say whether it's limited to one or another.

I just find it very interesting that we're down to only 5 people, yet we're only shown 4 in the preview. Teresa is hidden.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-28-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Everyone is in this preview, EXCEPT..."
It is most definitely odd. And if there does end up being a second preview this week, for the immunity challenge, and she is not shown in that one at all, I would think that is even more odd.

12-28-01, 09:31 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
T missing from preview
Kim Powers was not really in the first preview last week, but did get close-ups from the second preview. I wouldn't make any judgment on who is or isn't featured until we get at least one more clip.

Obviously we already have Tom, Lex, and Ethan in the spotlight, particularly Lex (my probable vote this week).

Reward visitor
I ran the family videos/quiz and scrutinized them looking for the delivery guy and the elderly man in Cap 6 (by Bungler). The ONLY candidates I saw were T's husband and father.

T's husband and the delivery guy have similar glasses and length of hair, but her husband's hair is really silvery, and it's also all spike on the top and front, whereas this is combed forward and light brown, and the man looks younger. T's husband seems heavier in the face/head too. Can't get a look at his ears.

T's father's hair is not all white, but he does wear large eyeglass frames and looks to be of similar age to older man. The delivery man seems to be doing heavy work--so maybe that's all he is, but I'd sure like to see more of the elderly man with JP and the unloaded cartons (care packages?).

Also, all the stuff (bags) hanging out of the sides of the truck--for the next delivery? Kenyan coffee perhaps? Or does it relate to the show? This cap by Paratrooper shows more of a close-up of one of the bags:

Anyone else done a comparison with the family members?

12-29-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
21. "New Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-01 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

{announcer} CBS Thursday

{announcer} An elephant disrupts the Survivor camp

{announcer} And you've seen tough competition before

{announcer} Now, don't miss the Super Immunity Challenge

{Tom, grunting as he lands} Ungh!

{announcer} Make it past this round...

{Jeff P} ...You're in the final four

{Ethan} It started with sixteen...

{Ethan} ...now we're down to five

{announcer} Two episodes to go. All-new Survivor, CBS Thursday.

12-29-01, 03:29 PM (EST)
22. "RE: New Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-01 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

This is interesting, Bungler.
Last season the "Recycled Challenges" Challenge was done in this episode as the RC that won Colby his Aztec and conjugal visit.

BUT CBS ran a promo over the preview of this challenge saying the Immunity Challenge of a lifetime. In fact, the IC was "Paired Up," the Concentration game (which Colby also won).

I was so disgusted with CBS for wrongly saying this challenge was IC. However this time there is even more voiceover identifying it as IC, so it seems definite--short of a big fat lie.

This leads me to wonder if Paired Up will be the RC.

Soes anyone else feel that an immunity challenge this physical at the end is pretty unfair? We KNOW MamaKim's not winning it.
That shot of her on a Rope Ladder should be captioned "Kiss of Death"; ditto for Tom in the Rope Net.

Lex is the one who's both agile and has had the recent good nutrition of the Safari food to help him. Ethan is agile but weak from eating nothing but mush...

Teresa could be a contender, but also undernourished.
Something tells me Ethan won't be holding back on this one, so I'm not liking Tbird's chances at all. Seems like if she survives this ep it will be due to a couple Borans (at minimum) ganging up on Lex.

If Lex wins it, we KNOW the Pagong Show airs again, IMHO.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-29-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: New Preview"
The winner of the RC will be at an advantage (food) if this is truly the IC. I agree that even with nourishment, the only potential winners are Ethan, Lex and Teresa. Teresa will "need" it the most -- she's a competitive runner and will go "full-balls" if she has to!

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-01, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Ethan's father and brothers?"
EPMB chooses the winner(s) by the choice of the immunity challenges.

This is either Lex or Ethan, for sure. Nobody else could do this. There's the big boulder roller in the background of one, and of course, the net and the rope ladder and goodness knows what else.

Colby won a similar one at the end of S2, which was MORE strenuous than ANYthing prior, like this looks to be.

Lex is pictured ahead of Ethan in the vid caps. This of course, could be EPMB's typical misdirection. Last week, it looked like Tom won the Immunity Challenge and last week, HE DID!

Could the elderly man depicted in one of the shots be Ethan's father? And the other man with his back to us one of his brothers? Ethan lives with two roommates whom he's purportedly very close to. It could be one of them.But he needs the nourishment to the win this last lallopalooza IC. Phew!

Or, could the younger man depicted from the back be Mamakim's son? The old guy doesn't look like her husband...

I'm sorry to say it folks, but the ears do not match on the Teresa's husband vidcaps with this guy with his back to us. Teresa's husband has little points at the top of his ears, and this guy in the blue shirt who's face we don't see has perfectly rounded ears. Perfectly. So it's not a relative of Teresa's unless it's her father.

Ethan needs to win the RC for nourishment. We don't see WHAT the RC contains, do we? I mean, what kind of competition it is.

I think a large part of the success of S2, I'm sorry, was due to the tremendous charisma of Colby. He was SO well liked to put it mildly. By the public, at any rate.

This year EPMB has a disliked guy up front, Lex, which is not gonna do anything for the ratings. And I don't know, I still can't get use to those tattoos. But that's just me.

We see though EPMB COMPLETELY eliminating Tom, MamaK. and probably Teresa too, by this last IC.

It also looks to me like they are running out of money and recycling the old set pieces, IMHO.

Of course, Teresa is the famous marathon Mom, who ran one when she was nine months pregnant. But again, she, like Ethan, hasn't been eating properly.

Pardon me, but doesn't this look like a challenge that requires lower body strength, though? The running, the net, the climbing? These are things Ethan could easily ace.

Well, if he wins the RC, he could win the IC.

Does anyone have captures of Ethan's father and brothers?

And finally, isn't Lex supposed to get quite sick and have to be hospitalized somewhere towards the end of the game. At this point, he looks the absolute PICTURE of good health. Relatively speaking...

12-30-01, 00:41 AM (EST)
26. "adding a shot"
Had to add a cap because someone at EZ noticed in the caps from SurvivorFever. In the shot of Ethan tumbling into the net (Lex is upright and running across the net in front of him), Teresa is clearly approaching the ladder up to the net from the rear. So she's still very much in it.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Wh's the other guy?"
Hey, everyone keeps focusing on the guy in the blue shirt but what about the other guy in Bungler's #7 cap? He is older, wearing a white shirt, has white hair and is talking to Jiffy Pop. Is he a member of anyone's family? I checked the family videos from last week and I can't match him to anyone.

j

12-30-01, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Wh's the other guy?"
Dangerboy, I think it is a Peace Corps worker. EPMB would NEVER show us the family member, would he? There goes the surprise. Maybe there is NO family member challenge this series, and the RC winner gets to work with the Peace Corps and do something philanthropic. That'd be new.

However, Colby's mom was unforgettable. And threw a whole new light on the Colbster's final two decision, didn't it?

I don't think we're going to have any thing that momentous this time out in terms of how it would impact the game.

Do they all know that one of Lex's sons is autistic? That might save him totally.

12-30-01, 02:02 AM (EST)
29. "KIM Js Box-Caps- Spoilers?"
Has anyone noticed how LOVELY and YOUNG Kim J. has been made to look in the past two weeks promos? Now I am the first to say, she looks great ANYWAY, but I just noticed that the boxed picture of her, which comes in next to Ethan's and on the same level as his, is really quite quite beautiful. Same as last week's box, of the bogus GIRLS VS GUTS(er, sorry) GUYS boxes last week. She looked like a 20 something. I think Mr. Subliminal is trying to tell us something. He is setting Kim J. up as the Most Beautiful Girl in the Veldte.

Also, notice the way the boxes all revolve around Ethan, who is pictured first and largest? Kim J. comes in next, and is the largest box, looking as she must've when she FIRST threw up on her husband.
I think Tom comes on 3rd, quickly right on top of Kim's appearance, but on the bottom of the screen while she's clearly on top. Then Lex,also on the bottom, then Teresa unfolds from Lex, but she's in a VERY unattractive CU. Foreshadowing?

12-30-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-31-01, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Don't know if this has been discussed or not...but #33...that's an Avalanche isn't it?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-31-01 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

Sorry! Computer spazzed out-see below.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-01, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Episode 12 Preview Vidcaps"
Maybe that's what they win this time instead of an Aztek.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-31-01, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Care packages?????"
In #37 and #38, both T and MamaK are holding envelopes. Could these be care packages brought from the "relative" In S2 Colby's Mom brought stuff for everyone.

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Late Comer Jumpin' In!"
This pic looks like some text has been electronically 'erased' from the side of the package:

The words look like the right size and shape for:

MEDICAL
SUPPLIES

The first letter of the first word looks like an 'M' and the last letter of the first word looks like an 'L'. The first letter in the second word looks like an 'S'.

This kinda goes well with the idea of a humanitarian aid delivery and it would likely make the elderly gentleman in white, the doctor in charge of the hospital where the delivery is being made. Looks like he is about to thank Jiffy Probe for the delivery.

But this has probably already been discussed.

September 11, 2001

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-03-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Late Comer Jumpin' In!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-02 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

Icecat... since they've already made it clear it is a humanitarian effort, I don't believe they would block out "MEDICAL SUPPLIES" since they didn't block out "DIAPERS" (in another vidcap. It is more than likely a brand name that either didn't want to be a sponsor and therefore, was blanked out. Although I don't recall blocking names/logos on T-shirts, hats, etc. occuring during the Survivor series (it may have, I just don't recall), I have seen this on other shows like Temptation Island and Love Cruise.

Bottom line, is that it probably isn't relavant, unless the name they blocked out is a tribe member's name.

Edited because I forgot to include the following:

It appears the "Super Challenge" involves climbing on rope netting again. Is this the IC or RC? Either way, we can be sure that MammKim doesn't win this one. Tom isn't a good candidate either. Ethan, Lex and Teresa (in that order) have the best chance of winning.

catinhat95 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-03-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catinhat95 Click to send private message to catinhat95 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Late Comer Jumpin' In!"
Those people are the two guys from survivor 2, what are their names again? gervas and his friend...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •