The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Congradulations / Toot your Horn THREAD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-27-01, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Congradulations / Toot your Horn THREAD"
We have 23 people who picked the correct boot this week. I, am again not one of them. I just wanted to open up a forum for those who voted correctly to be able to reflect on there spoiling, and give the beggining of the week assesment to next weeks boot. Here is a list of those who where right this week.

Mercury, esquire, FesterFan1, drich61, Krautboy, lionsroar, Bebo, sleeeve, zzz, Survivorerist, Outfrontgirl, PepeLePew13, heymikey, Scarberian, twentyfourseven, Lisapooh, Pinky and the Brain, GuessItRains, katethegreat, moonbaby, volmel, flying squirrel,Mitrelleum.

Congradulations to all, and as the show has not aired on the west coast yet, please refrain from posting untill tonight at midnight....
Happy Spoiling Holidays,
Naked

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 TOOT TOOT!!! Mitrelleum 12-27-01 1
 RE: Congradulations / Toot your Hor... Mercury 12-27-01 2
 I wish I was Wrong....... twentyfourseven 12-27-01 3
 Thank you Kelly Outfrontgirl 12-28-01 4
 beep beep! moonbaby 12-28-01 5
 Can't toot too much... Bebo 12-28-01 6
 RE: Congradulations / Toot your Hor... PepeLePew13 12-28-01 7
 RE: Congradulations / Toot your Hor... Lisapooh 12-28-01 8
   LOL moonbaby 12-28-01 10
 Tooting my own horn esquire 12-28-01 9
 TOOOOOOOT! FesterFan1 12-28-01 11
 Logic is in the air now Pinky and the Brain 12-28-01 12
 Woo hoo! Scarberian 12-28-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-27-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "TOOT TOOT!!!"
Woohoo! I didn't even get to watch the show! I'm not really worried about it because it usually gets boring after the final six. Kim P. was just a logical vote and I am not all surprised by the outcome. However, Tom winning immunity surprised me.
I'm still waiting for all the summaries to go up so I can see some pics, but all in all I don't mind not watching. My damn TV only picks up 3 channels and CBS is not one of them.
For next week I'm going with Teresa or Lex. More on that later.
In fact, I stopped guessing who was going after Kelly because it go so unpredictable, but I figured Kim J. just from watching all of her face time from last week, I never changed my mind once. I think besides Lindsey, Kim P. is my only correct pick.

Mercury 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-27-01, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mercury Click to send private message to Mercury Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Congradulations / Toot your Horn THREAD"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-01 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

Um, just to point out, if the show hasn't aired yet on the west coast, aren't you spoiling them anyhow by announcing who picked the right person? Ah well!

I'm rarely, if ever, right in my predictions, so I really feel like gloating! *gloat*gloat* Ok, that's enough. I thought Kim P was going to go last week instead of Frank, so my choice just carried on until this episode. I really thought that Teresa was going to win immunity, and that would be the reason why they'd choose 'lil Kim instead. I was wrong, but they chose her anyhow. It's the traditional "hot girl" 6th place finish - Colleen, Amber, now Kim P.

My PTTE bootee for next week was a toss-up between Lex and MamaKim, with Lex being my preferred choice, and I just might stick with that. I'm sure I'll have more insight in the next few days as the vidcaps start popping up.

twentyfourseven 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-27-01, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twentyfourseven Click to send private message to twentyfourseven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I wish I was Wrong......."
MamaKim in a two piece just doesnt do it for me.....

PA - GONG!

"My plan would be simple. As soon as the votes were tallied and Jeff Probst gave me the bad news, saying, 'The tribe has spoken,' I'd say, 'Oh yeah? Well fcuk the tribe. I'm a Survivor!' and I'd bolt into the jungle, only to emerge every night to pick the other contestants off one by one with poison darts. Then I'd start on the crew." - Dennis Miller

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-28-01, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Thank you Kelly"
LAST EDITED ON 12-28-01 AT 02:56 AM (EST)

This was an interesting week because I followed outside spoilers even though I didn't see WHY they would pick Sitting Duck Kim, unless Teresa won IC--and I didn't expect she would.

I also picked Lex-lax to win the RC and to take Tom along, because the bourbon surely referred to Tom, and Lex would pick Tom, whereas Tom would have picked a Kim, T, or Ethan...

I figured everyone would hate Lex for winning so many challenges and now this fabulous Reward, and they'd want him gone.

I knew the men vs. women vote wouldn't happen--if it had, it would have been kept in the dark and sprung as a surprise.

So either Tbird or Lex were the big targets (just like next week), and both couldn't get Immunity, so why Kim? I could only think that Teresa, the mover and shaker, would get someone to save her, and that LilKim, like Amber, would go quietly like a lamb to the slaughter, more or less--a "whatever!" grouchy kind of lamb, but basically not controlling her fate in the game, same as she's been since the beginning, riding along until she ran out of friends...

So--why Kim?
Kelly said she had fun on the jury and the Kelly Lodge spoiler was 2-2 so far. I got talked out of Frank last week (to pick Kim), after getting Brandon right, so I thought I would stay with my original conviction of Brandon, Frank, Kim P.

Plus--big spike in face time for KimP last two weeks and nothing pointing to her as target this time. Some thought she was starting to be revealed as a finalist, but I felt she was an Amber or Colleen who lasted a long time because young girls aren't threatening early on, and they flew UTR and weren't obnoxious in comparison to their allies.

In the end though, their lack of real strategizing ability and their "cute" appeal caused the powerful alliance to send them packing.

Per the *OFG* theory (the original simple observation, not the evolved version that includes misdirection), Kim WAS in the second preview for no particular reason--close-ups from her losing a question in the RC.

Even so, so little tension pointed to Kim that I really doubted I was right until the end.

Face time for next week--Lex wins hands down, second Tom, but I discount the reward face time a little. Still, Lex got rehabilitated pretty well with the family video and his good conduct on the trip--and now he apparently freaks out again next time...

The Lodge--we are now down to only 3 days at the Lodge for next bootee, and a plane flight to TC and back each night.
This gives Lex no time to be admitted to hospital for his GUT.
No need for Lex and Kelly to hang out much, but just enough to where they can bring themselves to a few phone calls later.

Teresa is neither on Kelly's friends list or her enemies list. She's a nice lady who's very close to Frank, so if Frank and Kelly were bonding at the lodge (which we know they do)--then how does Kelly not get close to Tbird? Answer, T goes to Final 3 most likely, possibly 4. The third person spends one night at the lodge and then the wrap party. Kelly also finds out about T's vote for Lex right before she flies home.

Kelly also likes Ethan but never really gets to know him, because he is so guarded. Would he not let his guard down at the Lodge once out of the game?

I don't think Kelly bonds with MamaKim again at all, meaning that she makes Final 2 after betraying Kelly--thus the lack of mended fences.

Lex talked again tonight about taking it to the end. Uh-oh!
This written without a look at Insider for this week, so may change my mind, but this is according to my original PTTE with Frank/KimP reversed.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "beep beep!"
She was leftover from last week

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Can't toot too much..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-28-01 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

Since I had hedged my bets for awhile by picking Lex in Spoiling Safari. Glad I decided to change that one back to Kim at the last minute.

The viewers want to believe that things will be different this time, that one tribe won't pagong the other. Alas, that is not to be.

Kelly's friends was what cinched it for me. If T-bird headed to Loser Lodge first, then Frank would have had someone to hang around with. Little Bit's ouster allowed Brandon the chance to mend fences and for Kelly to get to know Frank.

edited because I had a brain fade and forgot that I had switched Spoiling Safari from Lex to Kim -- thought I had done it the other way around. I was up late playing games with relatives last night, please be patient with poor little me.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Congradulations / Toot your Horn THREAD"
Well really I was kind of 50-50 on whether to go with Lex or with Kim P. and what clinched it for me was that AyaK was on the fence with these two as well and he went with Lex, therefore I went with Kim P. LOL.

In reality, my biggest question was whether someone could be lured over to side with Teresa and Kim P. and if so, Lex would be gone -- however I just didn't see it happening yet or we wouldn't get any hints at all in the previews.

I went with Kim P. instead of Teresa because she seemed to be more vulnerable, didn't seem to click with the others like Teresa was somewhat doing, she got a face-time increase, wasn't edited as a big target in the preview and everything just seemed to fit that she should go before Teresa. Teresa also has the spoiler that she's a "master manipulator" that hasn't truly shown up on the show yet.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Congradulations / Toot your Horn THREAD"
When you've only gotten 5 bootee picks out of 11, gloating seems a little inappropriate. Woohoo. I rock. Anyway, I don't post much here on spoilers. I never see anything in the vidcaps until it is pointed out to me and I think far flung, wild speculation is distracting.

By Thursday, usually I've narrowed it down to 2 maybe 3 probable bootees. I read the theories and speculation about those 2 or 3. And if there's someone else that posters I respect are leaning towards, I read that too.

I no longer read weird, whacked-out, highly speculative theories because sometimes I will find a kernel of wisdom in there and start chewing on the whole cud. Anyone remember the Amber and Liz final two source code? I tried to devise a boot order to fit that because I believed it.

I looked for hidden clues where there weren't any. I've tried to understand the symbolism of swimming kangaroos, dust devils, black widow spiders, Ethan as Jesus, etc. And I've been wrong every time.

No more! I do not think the giant elephant dung in the preview means that Big Tom is about to sh*t on his tribe.

When I'm wrong, sometimes it's because I bought into some ridiculous argument . But most of the time, I'm wrong when I vote based on what I would do, not on what the people in the game would do.

I would have gotten rid of Teresa a long time ago. I've picked her to go 3 times. But I'm not in the game, I'm a detached observer who sees only a fraction of what goes on. We speculate, generate ridiculous theories and arm chair coach this thing to death.

Why do they not do what seems obvious to us? Who cares. The thing is they don't. AyaK pointed this out earlier in his LC thread. They don't think objectively. We can't force our objectivity onto them.

This sounds stupid, but I think about each person individually and who they would most likely vote for. At this point, the game is too small to think in terms of who an alliance wants gone.

I also read the vidcaps commentary for an idea on who y'all think will win immunity. Face time, story arcs, etc. aren't perfect. And they can't be used alone. But they can definitely make compelling supporting arguments for someone.

So all that said, this week, it came down to Kim P and Lex. I felt it was too early for him. "Truth be told" as the next episode title seemed to fit with Lex still being in the game. Subjective - but the final factor for me. That left Kim P.

P.S. Moonie - I dig the new sig pic - is it a coincidence you are draped suggestively over a big white cue ball? Or are you trying to pass that off as a moon?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "LOL"
Hey now pooh you know that's a moon...

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-28-01, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Tooting my own horn "
Toot Toot

Although I eventually came to the decision that it was Lil Kim's time to go, my predictions earlier in the week that there would be an all gal allaince and that the fact that CBS registered websites for both Kim's, Teresa and Tom was a clue as to the final 4 was about as wrong as a prediction could get. At least I eventually saw the light

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "TOOOOOOOT!"
Hey, that's 2 in a row now for me! I'd like to thank the Nature Phone for giving me the inside info this week. What? It's as good a method as any for picking the doomed this season.

I wish I could say there was some science to it, but as has been stated here many, many times...logic is dead in Africa.

Fester

Pinky and the Brain 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-28-01, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to send private message to Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Logic is in the air now"
After several boots that had no objective sound logic, the OB is now thinking logically. Frank was obvious choice for this or last episode, b/c of his strength and the possibility of an immunity run. I mistakenly opted for KimP to go before Frank in my PTTE and stuck with KimP as my boot selection this week.

If Lex does not win immunity next ep. he should be the obvious choice.

Scarberian 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-28-01, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarberian Click to send private message to Scarberian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Woo hoo!"
Yay me! I have been lurking on this board since Ramona got the boot... Only recently did I sign up for an account... My logic: copy Sleeeve... He is one smart mofo!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •