The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"US WEEKLY, TINA, RICHARD pick Ethan as #1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-24-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"US WEEKLY, TINA, RICHARD pick Ethan as #1"
Just thought a little US Weekly insight might prove enlightening this yuletide Eve. US Weekly who carries the "Wesson Report" by Tina herself, was going to do a COVER story on Survivor Africa, but reduced it to a FOUR PAGE article, much smaller than the cover spread they did last season. It's a good article, but it's buried (towards the back). Nice pictures, some spoiler-ish insights. Do they know more than we or Alicia or Sue do?
I wonder. Their start-of-the-series cover featured Silas,"The Hunk", Kelly, "The Manipulator", and Lindsey, "The Flirt" now all Gone With the Wind. Which indicates they don't know JACK.

I had hoped SOMEBODY would've given these brave people a cover, but I don't know if they'll get one out of this series, sadly.
Last season, they predicted Colby to win, and of course, he didn't. EW did the same last season, and also had a final 6 cover.

Ethan is their HALF-PAGE poster boy with a sexy shot of him holding a spear, a la an African warrior, or some image of the sole survivor in the credits? He's given a 8-to-5 chance of winning which I think is the best of all of them.

Interesting quote, from his brother, Lenard, 34, that Ethan has been devoted to soccer since the age of 7(!?!)

Kelly is quoted as saying rather covetously, I thought, that she "was convinced that he hooked up with Jessie. He told me he thought she was 'really hot'." Ethan has a girlfriend, but shares his NY apartment with two guys. Not unusual in this EXPENSIVE city.

Last season, Tina was pictured on the second page(she was second in EW, too) which this year is split between Lex, Kim and Tom. I think Lex gets the second most ink (of course) space, with Tom and Kim J. a tie. Then smaller blurbs on Teresa and Kim P.

Lex's odds 4-to-1.
KimJ's-8-to-1.
Tom's 3-to-1.
Teresa's 6-to-1.
Li'l Kim's 8 to 1.

Which I guess means that they think Lex is #2, Tom is #3, Teresa #4 with the Kim's tied for fifth place.

Other interesting quotes, oddsmaker Michael Maerz of Intertops says about Kim J."She thinks she's in with the Ethan group, but she's not."(!?!)

Meaning she's GOTTA switch this week. And vote off one of those darned men.

Tina's picks? "For Final Three, Ethan, Lex and Tom because they appear to be more loyal to one another than do the remaining women."(!?!)

Of course, this is from a woman who MADE SURE she got rid of all the women she could and be the only female standing with two strong men, Colby and Keith.

Tina goes on to say, "Ethan must win the final immunity challenge. If he doesn't, Lex and Tom should vote him out because Ethan has played read and played nice, and neither stands a chance against him." Richard Hatch also picks Ethan.
PHEW! Did I just re-trype that whole article?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AT SURVIVOR BLOWS!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: US WEEKLY, TINA, RICHARD pick E... katem 12-24-01 1
 RE: US WEEKLY, TINA, RICHARD pick E... NorthOfBoston 12-24-01 2
 So what!!!!!!!!!!!! bergdogg 12-25-01 3
   RE: So what!!!!!!!!!!!! Rose Red 12-25-01 4
       RE: So what!!!!!!!!!!!! ADKer 12-25-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-24-01, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: US WEEKLY, TINA, RICHARD pick Ethan as #1"
I am not surprised that Tina and Richard are standing by Ethan, he was their pre-season favorite and really has done nothing to change anyones minds.

I can see where Tina is coming from, when she says that Ethan NEEDS that final immunity, I think everyone would be a fool to keep him. But this season has been to topsy-turvy that you just do not know what these idiots are going to do next.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-24-01, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: US WEEKLY, TINA, RICHARD pick Ethan as #1"
I'm glad you commented on the US/EW articles; I've been looking for the "BIG" Survivor issue... last season, it came out when Nick was still on board (seven players left). If I remember correctly, EW had put Amber, Nick, and Rodger at the bottom of the pick-list, so following suit, MamaK and Kim P should be next. This is possible if MamaK jumps ship this week and Lex, fuming as usual, convinces the Tom and Ethan to "smoke out another snake." However, with a 3-3 split, it would be difficult to get rid of Kim P without MamaK.

If Lex doesn't turn on Ethan soon and get rid of him, I doubt Ethan will be going anywhere. And with that pal-sy picture going around of Ethan & Tom, I doubt Tom will even turn on his, as Tom so horridly referred to him, "Jew boy." (((cringe)))

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-25-01, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "So what!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I remember last season's Survivor, they ran this edition pre-merger, and both Richard Hatch and Kelly from Survivor 1 picked JEFF VARNER to win!!!!

This has no spoiler value, because the only thing the Survivors of old know is exactly what we know: Kim J, Kim P, Tom, Lex, Teresa, and Ethan are in the final 6.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-25-01, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So what!!!!!!!!!!!!"
That was pre-merge. This time last series when there were only five left, Elizabeth, Rodger, Colby, Tina and Keith left, US Weekly featured them all on the cover and that was the issue Richard switched his pick to Tina. It's sad these people are not racking up covers anywhere for this season, after all they've been through. I think they've all played well and interestingly.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-25-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So what!!!!!!!!!!!!"
3 to 1 is better odds than 4 to 1; The article picks Tom as the second favorite. I don't think Tom and Ethan will be the final two, but they are the most likely to win if either is in the final.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •