The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

kryp 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-10-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

...in Tinseltown? She was even getting bashed pretty good on ESPN's Pardon The Interruption. Pretty much the consensus nationwide is that she is vapid and shallow. I can't remember the girl's name on Survivor II, who was a burgeoning actress, did a playboy layout, but couldn't overcome her Cruella DeVille image. Melana's 15 minutes of fame are just about used up. Also, there is the consenus of opinion that the producers of Average Joe only intent is just to humiliate hard luck guys in front of millions of people. Not too bright when the majority of men see themselves as Average Joe's in one form or another. If you've wondered why comedienne Kathy Griffin is even on the show; she was brought in originally to make jokes about how pathetic the Average Joes were. Someone apparently had sense enough not to go down that road after seeing how vulnerable these men were making themselves. AJ2 is going to go down in flames.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Stunned 12-10-03 1
   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Bebo 12-10-03 2
       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Stunned 12-10-03 3
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... AlexRogan 12-10-03 4
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 5
   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 6
       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 8
           RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 9
               RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 10
                   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 11
                       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 12
                           RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Blow by Blow 12-10-03 13
                           RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 14
                               RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 15
                                   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Chrissy gal 12-10-03 17
                                       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Blow by Blow 12-11-03 33
                                   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 21
                                       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 23
                                           RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 25
                                           RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... bell83 12-10-03 27
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... ladro 12-10-03 7
   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Chrissy gal 12-10-03 16
       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 18
           RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Chrissy gal 12-10-03 19
               RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... mellow1 12-10-03 20
                   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Chrissy gal 12-10-03 22
                       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... ego 12-10-03 24
                   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... kryp 12-10-03 26
                   RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... ladro 12-10-03 29
       RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... ladro 12-10-03 28
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... Savory Truffle 12-10-03 30
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... twodogs 12-11-03 31
 RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a p... CyberCooties 12-11-03 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Stunned 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stunned Click to send private message to Stunned Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
She is definitely getting torn apart now on the internet, anyways.

As far as AJ2 going down inflames...considering the ratings records that AJ set (drew 17 million viewers, highest in it's time slot in like 10 years or something), I'd say NBC feels pretty confident that it might work again.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Fox was confident about Joe Millionaire too, and that proved a colossal disaster. And in that version, people were happy with the ending.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Stunned 12 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stunned Click to send private message to Stunned Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Hmm, that's true.

Maybe the unhappy ending might work to it's advantage though? Hope is what kept people watching AJ. Maybe the hope for a happy ending might have people watching the sequel.

AlexRogan 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexRogan Click to send private message to AlexRogan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Most hollywood types would EXPECT her to be vapid and shallow like that I'm sure. As long as she can act, she will get work (probably playing vapid, shallow characters). She won't get a big fan base and won't become an A List star, but she'll live well enough. I'de love to know if she is aware of this backlash against her, and if she understands why.

As for AJ2, I bet the producers will do as much as they can to make sure that this time it is a happy ending. I bet the joes will all be great guys and the himbos will be jerks or flawed in some other way.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
>I can't remember the girl's name on Survivor II, who
>was a burgeoning actress, did a playboy layout, but couldn't
>overcome her Cruella DeVille image.

Talk about revisionist history -- Jerri Manthey was far from a "burgeoning" actress.

She had ZERO real credits before her Survivor appearance:

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0544104/

If I remember right, the only thing she'd been in was some lame amateur student film that used to be available on ifilm.com

Jerri had issues to "overcome" in her acting attempts, but her "image" was among the least of them...

>If you've wondered why comedienne Kathy Griffin is even
>on the show; she was brought in originally to make
>jokes about how pathetic the Average Joes were. Someone apparently
>had sense enough not to go down that road after
>seeing how vulnerable these men were making themselves.

Ya, this very website reported on that a month ago:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1970

-SB

12-10-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
"Talk about revisionist history -- Jerri Manthey was far from a "burgeoning" actress"

Perhaps you should consult a dictionary before attacking me when you don't know what it means.

burgeoning -
To begin to grow or blossom. dictionary.com

Notice the word begin. Her career was always listed as an actress, so the number of credits she had is irrelevant.

"If I remember right, the only thing she'd been in was some lame amateur student film that used to be available on ifilm.com"

Sorry, you are wrong. She did have a few parts that were very obscure before Survivor. I REMEMBER reading about them.

12-10-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
>Perhaps you should consult a dictionary
>before attacking me when you
>don't know what it means.
>
>burgeoning -
>To begin to grow or blossom.
>dictionary.com

I know the meaning of the term. And it's not used to describe an actress with no real professional credits on her resume. Otherwise every young woman who steps off the bus in LA would be "burgeoning." It's a term that's assigned based on TALENT -- and the fact that someone is a "rising star" of sorts -- and Manthey was NEITHER at the time of Survivor.

>Notice the word begin. Her career
>was always listed as an
>actress, so the number of
>credits she had is irrelevant.

Not really... notice the word BLOSSOM. In other words, it's used to describe someone who it's expected is GOING SOMEWHERE -- and at the time of the show Manthey's career was going NOWHERE, that's why she applied to be on the show -- to try and jump-start her going-nowhere acting career.

>"If I remember right, the only thing she'd been in was
>some lame amateur student film that used to be available
>on ifilm.com"
>
>Sorry, you are wrong. She did have a few parts that
>were very obscure before Survivor. I REMEMBER reading about them.

I just showed you the closest thing the Internet has to an official filmography database. And it lists no real credits for her before Survivor. Excuse me if I take the word of a professional website dedicated to documentng appearances over your personal memory. The point doesn't matter anyways, the line between a student film and a "very obscure" independent film is irrelevant, the bottom line is that by no stretch of the imagination was Manthey considered a promising young actress -- which, within the film industry, is what the term "burgeoning actress" is associated with.

For example, here are some Google matches where the term "burgeoning actress" is used to describe an actress:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=burgeoning+actress

Look at the names... Jennifer Connelly... Jennifer Beals.. Natasha Henstridge... Tea Leoni... Rebecca Romijn-Stamos

Now try and explain how using the term to describe a pre-Survivor Jerri Manthey was an accurate description of her status in the industry. It's used to describe actresses who's careers were considered to be on the rise -- and Jerri's own desperate move to try and appear on a reality show tells you all you need to know about how she personally felt her career was going -- namely nowhere.

-SB

12-10-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
"I know the meaning of the term. And it's not used to describe an actress with no real professional credits on her resume. Otherwise every young woman who steps off the bus in LA would be "burgeoning." It's a term that's assigned based on TALENT -- and the fact that someone is a "rising star" of sorts -- and Manthey was NEITHER at the time of Survivor."

That's BS. I gave you the definition. I don't care if it doesn't match your convoluted view of the term.

"I just showed you the closest thing the Internet has to an official filmography database. And it lists no real credits for her before Survivor. Excuse me if I take the word of a professional website dedicated to documentng appearances over your personal memory. The point doesn't matter anyways, the line between a student film and a "very obscure" independent film is irrelevant, the bottom line is that by no stretch of the imagination was Manthey considered a promising young actress -- which, within the film industry, is what the term "burgeoning actress" is associated with."

First of all, quit reading between my lines and trying to put words in my mouth. I never said she had a promising career. She was trying to start a career in acting and that is a FACT! Secondly, quit redefining terms to meet your myopic opinions. I know what I read and I could care less if it's validated at IMDB for you. You're wrong and splitting hairs don't make you right. NUFF SAID!

12-10-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

>That's BS. I gave you the definition. I don't care
>if it doesn't match your convoluted view of the term.

>quit redefining terms to meet your myopic opinions.

OK sure... the common media use of the term in all of Google's top results is my "myopic opinion."

Sure... the context in which most every other writer in the world has used the term is wrong and you're right... whatever helps you get through the day I guess.

-SB

12-10-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
"OK sure... the common media use of the term in all of Google's top results is my "myopic opinion."

Sure... the context in which most every other writer in the world has used the term is wrong and you're right... whatever helps you get through the day I guess."

Okay, this is the last time I'm going to set you straight? Here's a link to Jerri Manthey's bio posted at CBS's Survivor web site at the time Survivor II aired. Read it and weep.

Jerri Manthey has been living in Los Angeles, California, for the last six years, pursuing her acting career while bartending to help pay the bills. She credits her acting coach, Manu Tupou, with whom she has been studying with for four years, for pushing her beyond her own limitations and encouraging her to write and direct, as well. Her biggest accomplishment was a play that she and her best friend wrote, directed and produced, titled Beautiful Chaos, for the Hudson Theater in Los Angeles. Additionally, she has had roles in various independent films, commercials, and feature films, including the telefilm That Championship Season.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/survivors/jerri_b.html

burgeoning - to begin. Get it? Probably not I'm betting.

BTW, since this thread originally wasn't about jerri whatshername, how about taking your semantics spin over to the Survivor board. This is reeeaaaalllly getting boring.

12-10-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
There's nothing to "weep" about. First of all, since when does "to begin" cover a six year period???

for the last six years, pursuing her acting career while bartending to help pay the bills

Maybe in dog years... but not by any other meaning of the word. She was A BARTENDER, not an up-and-coming actress.

Regardless, my whole point has been that regardless of the dictionary.com defintion that you're clinging to, definition is not the SOLE determining factor in the meaning of a word, CONTEXT is just if not more important, and you've yet to show a single instance where "burgeoning" was ever used by anyone other than you to describe someone similar to a struggling bartender who'd managed to appear in a handful of independent films and commercials over the course of six years. The word "blossom" was also included in the dictionary.com definition for a reason.

>how about taking your semantics spin over to the
>Survivor board. This is reeeaaaalllly getting boring.

Great, then stop replying. Otherwise, since I am the webmaster of the whole site, I'll reserve the right to continue to discuss the issue wherever I choose.

-SB

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-10-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
This is a really great pissing match!!

I know you're gonna hate this, but I think both of your points of view have validity. Jerri certainly saw herself as an actress, even though she wasn't exactly on the fast track to stardom.

The thing is, if being on Survivor had launched her acting career, I'm guessing SB would be a little more lenient about the term "burgeoning" being applied to her pre-Survivor career status.

Now I'm going to get out of the way 'cause I don't like being splashed with urine, despite the rumors.

Oh, and you can still see Jerri in a movie on iFilm.com.
http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=1251239

-P

12-10-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Your spinning of this thing is so hilarious.

"Maybe in dog years... but not by any other meaning of the word. She was A BARTENDER, not an up-and-coming actress."

Nice try but you're never going to sell a totally falacious interpretation of a black and white definition. Just where in the definition of burgeoning does it have the phrase "up and coming"?

"...since I am the webmaster of the whole site, I'll reserve the right to continue to discuss the issue wherever I choose."

Now I get it. You are GOD!!! You can't be wrong. And if you are you can just reinvent the meaning of words. AWESOME!

Admit it, you just want the last word. Since I know you're wrong maybe I'll just let ya.

12-10-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
>Nice try but you're never going to sell a totally falacious
>interpretation of a black and white definition. Just where in
>the definition of burgeoning does it have the phrase "up
>and coming"?

OK, let's look at the FULL dictionary.com definition you keep clinging to -- which btw, you appear to have edited significantly:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=burgeon

1a. To put forth new buds, leaves, or greenery; sprout.
1b. To begin to grow or blossom.
2. To grow and flourish.

1a clearly seems to apply only within the context of PLANTS and the like -- unless people are now growing leaves and grennery on their bodies. 1b also either applies within the context of PLANTS or you have have to acknowledge that the word "blossom" is also part of the meaning as it applies to non-plants. So let's look at the example dictionary.com shows for the word "blosson" as it applies to PEOPLE:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=blossom

The child blossomed into a beauty.

...which would make your statement to mean that Jerri was a blossoming actress when she appeared on Survivor -- a fact that I don't believe even you would try and claim.

So that leaves definition 2 as your only leg to stand on:

2. To grow and flourish.

Was Jerri a flourishing actress at the time of her casting??? Not even close.

The bottom line is that as much as you'd like to believe otherwise, your claim that Jerri was a "burgeoning actress" was a flat-out misrepresentation and your claims that the term is used to reference a "beginning actress" is not backed up by any use of the term by anyone other than yourself.

But hey, if you want to continue to proudly walk around and ignorantly misuse terms in the course of your everyday life, feel free, just don't expect it to go uncorrected in these forums where a less-knowledgeable user might read your postings and accept them as accurate facts. And despite what you might think, that's my only motivation here, making sure that your misinformation isn't spread to other less knowledgeable users.

-SB

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
This is great. It is like watching Carrot Top discuss foreign affairs with Henry Kissinger.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
This is great. It is like watching Carrot Top discuss foreign affairs with Henry Kissinger.

Hilarious comparison. I wouldn't want to be compared to either --a freakish 'comic' with red hair and a guy who's wanted for war crimes.

-P

12-10-03, 07:50 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
"OK, let's look at the FULL dictionary.com definition you keep clinging to -- which btw, you appear to have edited significantly:"

Obviously, this is your first experience with a dictionary, because you don't seem to know how to use one. Every definition doesn't apply. Way to take it out of context. I used the only definition that applies to illustrate my original point.

Let's review shall we?

From your first ignorant post. "She had ZERO real credits before her Survivor appearance". Well, oooops. That got slammed back in your face didn't it? Makes you sick, huh? But just act like it didn't happen like I know you will. Oh, I forgot she needs to be another Gwyneth Paltrow to be a burgeoning actress. Keep dancing.

All of these dubious definitions you come up with to save face is getting more and more ludicrous. You just don't have the nads to admit you're wrong. You've thrown so much garbage against the wall surely something has to stick.

"But hey, if you want to continue to proudly walk around and ignorantly misuse terms in the course of your everyday life, feel free, just don't expect it to go uncorrected in these forums where a less-knowledgeable user might read your postings and accept them as accurate facts. And despite what you might think, that's my only motivation here, making sure that your misinformation isn't spread to other less knowledgeable users."

And my only motivation is to keep watching you make yourself look foolish. It's great entertainment.

Seriously, you need to get over yourself Master key holder of the eternal flame or whatever title you're so impressed with. I'll contintue to whip up on you if you want to keep it going though.

12-10-03, 09:06 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

>Obviously, this is your first experience with a dictionary, because you
>don't seem to know how to use one. Every definition
>doesn't apply. Way to take it out of context. I
>used the only definition that applies to illustrate my original point.

Obviously I know every definition doesn't apply. And I also know that any definitions labelled "1A" and "1B" imply a relationship between the two definitions. And when "1A" references references "buds, leaves, or greenery" it should be pretty clear that "1B"'s definition of "begin to grow or blossom" is also intended to apply only within the same context (in this case plants), however for the benefit of your claims, I was trying to point out how even if one accepted you claims that "begin to grow or blossom" applied in this situation, it still doesn't make sense.

>
>Let's review shall we?
>
>From your first ignorant post.

Ah yes... my "ignorant post"... this coming from the guy that didn't even know the contestant's name when he made his initial post. That's rich.

>"She had ZERO real credits before her Survivor appearance".
>Well, oooops. That got slammed back in your face didn't it? >Makes you sick, huh? But just act like it didn't
>happen like I know you will. Oh, I forgot she
>needs to be another Gwyneth Paltrow to be a burgeoning
>actress. Keep dancing.

Oh yes, she had one bit part in a listed film in SIX YEARS in trying... yes, I am so shamed. Again, coming from the guy that didn't even know her name.

>All of these dubious definitions you come up with to save
>face is getting more and more ludicrous. You just don't
>have the nads to admit you're wrong. You've thrown so
>much garbage against the wall surely something has to stick.

Dubious definitions? They come from the same source as your claim, how can mine be any more "dubious" than yours.

Don't like dictionary.com??? Fine, try Merriam-Webster's site instead... let me know where you find a definition that's remotely close to your "to begin" claim

One entry found for burgeon.

Main Entry: bur·geon
Pronunciation: 'b&r-j&n
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English burjonen, from burjon bud, from Old French, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin burrion-, burrio, from Late Latin burra fluff, shaggy cloth
Date: 14th century
1 a : to send forth new growth (as buds or branches) : SPROUT b : BLOOM
2 : to grow and expand rapidly : FLOURISH

Was Manthey's career expanding rapidly before Survivor? No. Was Manthey's career flourishing before Survivor? No, again, I don't think so.

Give it up -- clearly you're a fan of vivid, imaginative speech. The only problem is that in this case your word choice was poor. It's not a crime... just wrong.

-SB

12-10-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
"Ah yes... my "ignorant post"... this coming from the guy that didn't even know the contestant's name when he made his initial post. That's rich."

Way to skate right over the fact that you were totally wrong about Jerri not having any credits before Survivor. Guess you got punked on that one. So, I forgot her name. That hurts me so bad. Whoop de doo.
Forgive me with not being obsessed with her career like you are.

"Don't like dictionary.com??? Fine, try Merriam-Webster's site instead... let me know where you find a definition that's remotely close to your "to begin" claim"

Wah, wah, wah wah wah. You're sounding like Charlies Brown's teacher. You just go on and on and on.

"Was Manthey's career expanding rapidly before Survivor? No. Was Manthey's career flourishing before Survivor? No, again, I don't think so.'

Never said it was. I really don't care about her one way or the other. I know I was correct in my original description of her and you have gone off the deep end massaging your ego for being so so wrong. TSK, TSK...

"...clearly you're a fan of vivid, imaginative speech. The only problem is that in this case your word choice was poor. It's not a crime... just wrong."

Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment...but I'm right and you are wrong.

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
LOL!!!
SURVIVORBLOWS - U KICK A$$!!
being a Survivor fan myself, (obviously kryp never even watched Survivor 2!) i think u are the definite winner in this boxing match!!!
Jerri would love to think of herself as a "burgeoning" actress but she was NEVER even close!!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-10-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
But JerriM did get a Playboy/Penthouse feature out of the deal. They do pay very well. Perhaps Mel has Playboy spread in her future. Fatsuit and all. JerriM was a 'celebrity' guest on The Joe Shmoe Show, she played a characteriture of herself. Her claim to fame prior to Survivor was that she had sex with Lou Diamond Phillips in a car outside of a bar.

12-10-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
If Melena doesn't get Playboy, maybe she'll get Maxim (Trista - after the Bachelorette - and Charla and Tara - from Paradise Hotel - all did lingerie layouts for Maxim).

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

12-10-03, 06:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

>If Melena doesn't get Playboy, maybe she'll get Maxim (Trista -
>after the Bachelorette - and Charla and Tara - from
>Paradise Hotel - all did lingerie layouts for Maxim).

Actually, unless she also did a second layout, Trista landed her Maxim deal before "Bachelorette" even hit the airwaves:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=830

("Bachelorette" premiered January 8)

12-10-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
I hesitated when I posted that. I remember looking for the issue New Years week. I'm not sure when she posed for the pictures, but I know that she finished filming the Bachelorette before Thanksgiving, 2002.

Chrissy gal

mellow1 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mellow1 Click to send private message to mellow1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Just this week I got hooked on this site, I think it's great hearing what other people think of things. I haven't ever posted before, this is my first time, but I picked today for my first response because I was seriously laughing out loud reading this. I like seeing people stand up for what they believe, I totally agree with it. It is so funny, having just begun this week to read what people have written, to just be an outsider! I'm laughing and totally loving it, all the while thinking "gees, these people are actually serious." I just don't understand how one can become so fired up about a topic--whether that topic is on topic or not--when it's just words. I mean, seriously, is it so important to tell people with such vengeance (if you will) that you know how to use "burgeoning" in a sentence? I just think it is SO funny. Do your back and shoulder muscles hurt because y'all are so stressed? If so, I'm not sure if I want to post anything else. Because I just have this odd feeling that if I respond another day, and then maybe another day- it will probably become addictive, like all the silly reality shows I watch! I'm having fun anyway.

12-10-03, 08:48 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Welcome to Survivor Blows mellow1! The discussions are not always this lively, but we try to have a great time here! Being addicted to something isn't always a bad thing...

Chrissy gal

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
i think jerri would be really pissed off if you didn't call her burgeoning...(although that sounds kind of gross to begin with)

12-10-03, 10:08 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Well, I'm hoping people have caught on to the fact that I am NOT taking this seriously. I hope they do find it entertaining though. I assure you this will be my last semantics thread.

12-10-03, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
I think you posted in the wrong spot or on the wrong thread.

12-10-03, 11:03 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
Maxim would be more likely, in fact probable. But Maxim pays nothing compared to Playboy/Penthouse. I wouldn't be surprised if JerriM got $500,000 for her Playboy/Penthouse spread.

Savory Truffle 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savory%20Truffle Click to send private message to Savory%20Truffle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
I was very surprised to see Mel pick Jason for exactly this reason. She certainly seems to be looking for a career in show business, and it seems like picking Adam would have been enormously more helpful to that end.

I find that I'm personally kind of disguested by Mel, and I suspect many or most of the 20 million final episode viewers feel the same way. If she'd picked Adam, those numbers would have been reversed. Instead of the vapid girl who picked the pretty boy, she'd be the sweet heart that gave an "Average Joe" a chance. And, of course, if things did work out with Adam, his money wouldn't have hurt her career any. Being able to devote 100% of your time to developing your career instead of doing odd jobs to make a buck is a big plus if you're trying to make a name for yourself. Heck, even if things didn't work out between them, she'd probably always be special to him for giving him a chance, and I think Adam is more valuable friend than Jason.

I did think the "honest" choice for her would be Jason. She was clearly very attracted to him. And we know from the Zachass that raw attraction is extremely important for her (as it is for most people. And Adam kind of shot himself in the foot, as did most of the other AJs, by not showing enough confidence in himself. People are, in general, very attracted to confidence. Adam spent too much time telling her he wasn't good enough looking for her, thus validating her own doubts. So, maybe I should think she's very brave for being true to her heart despite what it might cost her. But nope.. mostly I think she's the chick that picked the waiter who lives at home with a nice smile over the brilliant, funny, guy with the huge heart. I hope my TV screen is never again cursed with her presence. Except maybe in the new reality show, "The Apology", where she gets to apologize to Adam and try to desperately earn his forgiveness. Can you say "french maid"? heh heh

twodogs 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-11-03, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail twodogs Click to send private message to twodogs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
From the conversation at work yesterday,
it wouldn't surprise me to learn that M&J
spent the night together on their last, long
date staying awake to cook up the idea of
picking Jason in order to get some sort of
break in show business. When you think about
it, M is a cheer leader in Kansas City and
J's parents have probably made at least one
of his car payments in the last 12 months. LOL
Does either person have a career of any kind?
Looking at the few other reality tv folks
who somehow, someway were lucky enough to parlay
their 15 minutes into 16 or 17, it might be
an easy bet to wager that M&J were thinking
the same thing; 'let's use our looks to get
our pictures on magazines, get a role on a
soap, meet the stars of Friends'
And it might have worked if the producers
had aired the show long before the seven months
that went by while the two cooled their heels
in KC and Irvine.
Chemistry? What Chemistry?

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Has Average Joe snuffed out a possible career for Melana..."
"Also, there is the consenus of opinion that the producers of Average Joe only intent is just to humiliate hard luck guys in front of millions of people."

Well, the AJs aren't exactly a good catch and it has nothing to do with their looks or occupation. They act like bitter, stuck-up little bitties. I think the cute guys are here to teach them a lesson in humility and reality. Cute, smart guys with great personalities vs geeks with chips on their shoulders and cardboard personalities - I think things are evening out as far as perception vs reality. Love it.

Ew! CyberCooties!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •