The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Would Frenchie have won?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lancerdude74 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lancerdude74 Click to send private message to Lancerdude74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Would Frenchie have won?"
It was interesting that Kim drew "Band of Gold" for her random song, because it reminded me of when her and Frenchie sang it back in the quarterfinals. Kim was awesome on the song tonight, but I think Frenchie was way better than her back in the day. Even back then she had style and attitude and I think she just would have kept getting better. Ah, what might have been...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Would Frenchie have won? cyclehausen 05-14-03 1
   RE: Would Frenchie have won? Lancerdude74 05-14-03 3
 RE: Would Frenchie have won? katem 05-14-03 2
   RE: Would Frenchie have won? lilgypsy 05-14-03 6
 RE: Would Frenchie have won? managerr 05-14-03 4
   HDH AyaK 05-14-03 5
 RE: Would Frenchie have won? zzz 05-14-03 7
 RE: Would Frenchie have won? magic_star 05-14-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
I urge you to download "Band Of Gold" with both of them. Frenchie has an extremely strong, powerful, and attention-grabbing voice. But Kim's voice is more versatile and supple. Yet Frenchie dominates the song.

And seeing Frenchie perform on various talk shows since them, I must say she is not quite as great as I originally perceived - she is great, mind you - but not quite AS great.

Would Frenchie have won? Well, that depends on who she kept out of the final 12. There is no question that before the picks were in, she was an editing darling and an overwhelming fan favorite.

Would she have been top 3? Without question. Could she beat Clay? Not so sure.

Lancerdude74 165 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lancerdude74 Click to send private message to Lancerdude74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
Thanks cycle...

I just went and downloaded it and I kind of agree with you. I still think she probably would have improved and had a good chance at winning, but she definitely would have made the top 3.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
Hell yeah !!!!! There would not have been any contest !!!!!

lilgypsy 128 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lilgypsy Click to send private message to lilgypsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
hmmmm now tell us Katem....how do you really feel?

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
Frenchie would have been in Group 4 instead of Juanita. Corey and Josh (Worst. Group. Ever.) were the two winners of that group I believe, so Frenchie would probably have replaced Corey, who was the 2nd place finisher.

From her later appearances, I'd agree that she is really good, but not as dominatingly awesome as I thought she'd be. I think it might have come down to her and Clay.

Kimbereley Locke should have bought a lottery ticket after drawing "Band of Gold". That was such the perfect pick for her in so many different ways....

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "HDH"
>Kimbereley Locke should have bought a lottery ticket after drawing "Band
>of Gold". That was such the perfect pick for
>her in so many different ways....

Absolutely agree. "Band of Gold" (as sung by Freda Payne) was one of Holland-Dozier-Holland's first projects after leaving Motown, where they wrote hits for Diana Ross & the Supremes, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Tammi Terrell, the Four Tops, the Temptations, Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, etc. They specialized in songs for singers with a lot of soul and a willingness to sing "around" the song, which is a good description of KL.

So ... I wrote last week that she needed "Earth, Wind & Fire Week" to reach the final two ... and then her "random" pick is an HDH tune written for someone with her vocal skills? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
YES.

While it is always hard to know for sure how history would have played out if things were different, I believe Frenchie would have won it all. She has amazing vocal range, control and quality. I am a big Clay fan, but I think Frenchie is even better. On the other hand, Ruben is totally overrated (had to take the opportunity for this dig at Ruben).

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Would Frenchie have won?"
I think she would have gone far but not the winner. I just don't think she would have done much better than some of these other people.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •