The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"From Meatloaf to Prince"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

keone 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-26-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keone Click to send private message to keone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"From Meatloaf to Prince"
First of all, Meatloaf was looking rather haggard. I'm wondering if they saw him milling around in the streets and scooped him up to sing in the finale. And Prince was funny as hell when he finished singing and just walked out the back door. An excellent finish!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: From Meatloaf to Prince zazzy 05-28-06 1
   RE: From Meatloaf to Prince SOfan0221 05-28-06 3
 RE: From Meatloaf to Prince singer 05-28-06 2
   RE: From Meatloaf to Prince zazzy 05-28-06 4
 RE: From Meatloaf to Prince New2This 05-28-06 5
   RE: From Meatloaf to Prince Twinkles 05-29-06 6
 RE: From Meatloaf to Prince joannie 05-29-06 7
   RE: From Meatloaf to Prince zazzy 05-29-06 8
       RE: From Meatloaf to Prince bookwomanblue 05-29-06 9
           All I can say is... singer 05-30-06 10
           RE: From Meatloaf to Prince zazzy 05-30-06 11
 RE: From Meatloaf to Prince keone 05-30-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-28-06, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
I've read so many bashes about Meatloaf.

The guy has Parkinson's. He has sold millions of albums and was a treat to see. Some people would just drop out of sight...yet here he was, treating us to the theatrics the song called for.

Maybe I am the only one on this board that enjoyed it--but enjoy it I did. Thanks, Meatloaf, for performing.

Prince? I would rather have had more time on the winner, Taylor, and the celebration. Or cut out one or more golden idols crapola lol.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-28-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
My hubby and I are both Meatloaf fans.....have several of his CD's (also albums but won't go there...lol) Bat out of Hell always is in the CD player in the truck.

Having said that, I did not realize nor have I read anywhere that I remember that he has Parkinson's so if he does I only wish him the best. However, he was not in good singing form on the show, and in addition I thought his pairing with Kat was all wrong.

As for the little diva-man Prince, I do not understand at all why he performed unless it was to promote his songs or CD's. Noticably he was the only performer who did not have any idols in the set with him and so I didn't care for that at all.

Probably Rhonetta and the Clay and Clay Wannabee was the funniest portion of the whole 2 hours.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-28-06, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
I loved Prince.

I thought Meatloaf looked scary and I thought that my girl Kat was running from him at certain points during the song.

All-in-all, I thought the finale was just great.

--Singer

05-28-06, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
Did either of you try listening to it again? I replayed the finale as I did some work in the kitchen and they sounded good together.

Hey, the guy has aged and yes, maybe it looked a little creepy, but they were acting out the parts! I guess I overlooked the creepiness because I was happy to get to see Meatloaf.

I did read on another board that he had major stage fright, something he suffers from, and felt he was having something like a panic attack and does not remember even doing a performance with Kat. He has a new album coming out in the fall, Bat out of Hell III and that's why he did the show.

The Parkinson's thing is in the Wikipedia article on him. He has some form of it.

Prince has a new album--the songs he performed were two of the new songs. I did not like his combing his hair on stage like that--I was taught it is impolite to groom yourself in public like that so it seemed sorta gross to me. Audience loved him though.

New2This 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-28-06, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail New2This Click to send private message to New2This Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
I actually liked the theatrics of the Meatloaf and Katherine performance, but I agree he didn't seem like he was in the best of conditions. As for Prince..he is such a diva, prancing off stage like that. But did anybody see Toni Braxton? I couldn't understand a word she said!! I thought she was terrible, Taylor outshined her and probably could have sang the song all by his self. The Clay Aiken part of the show was hilarious. I heard somewhere that the wannabe Clay was actually a little mad that Clay stole the spotlight from him! Overall, it was a great finale.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-29-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
I was thrilled to see Prince! He's been my American Idol since the 80's. So much style and he puts on amazing show. I saw the hair combing as a stylized way of someone just flipping hair back. There's been some form of that in some of his work way back to Purple Rain with Morris Day and the Times. It always looks like a nod to Little Richard or something. To me his arrival was the most exciting part of the show! Love him, love him, love him. And to think, I almost changed channels before he arrived.

I didn't know about Meatloaf's medical condition. I guess he always seemed a little affected so I didn't really notice what the big deal was. He just seemed a stark contrast to shiny cheek fresh-faced Katherine.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-29-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
I don't think Parkinson's is Mr. Loaf's problem. According to a recent story from the Associated Press he suffers from a severe case of television stage fright and doesn't even remember performing. He said the last thing he remembers was being told he had two minutes until he was on, and then it was over and he was walking off the stage feeling sick to his stomach.

05-29-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
8. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
Yes, he had stage fright, which I mentioned. The Parkinson's info came from a very extensive article on him in Wikipedia.

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-29-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
>Yes, he had stage fright, which
>I mentioned. The Parkinson's
>info came from a very
>extensive article on him in
>Wikipedia.

This is the reference in Wikipedia: "The album was accompanied by a sell out world tour which was used to promote the album and some of Meat Loaf's biggest hits. On November 17, 2003, during a performance at London's Wembley Arena he collapsed with what was later diagnosed as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. The following week he underwent a surgical procedure intended to correct the problem. As a result, Meat Loaf's insurance agency did not allow him to perform for any longer than 1hr 45mins."

It is a heart condition, not Parkinsin's. Here's a brief explanation: "What is the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome?

If there's an extra conduction pathway, the electrical signal may arrive at the ventricles too soon. This condition is called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW). It's in a category of electrical abnormalities called "pre-excitation syndromes."

It's recognized by certain changes on the electrocardiogram, which is a graphical record of the heart's electrical activity. The ECG will show that an extra pathway or shortcut exists from the atria to the ventricles.

Many people with this syndrome who have symptoms or episodes of tachycardia (rapid heart rhythm) may have dizziness, chest palpitations, fainting or, rarely, cardiac arrest. Other people with WPW never have tachycardia or other symptoms. About 80 percent of people with symptoms first have them between the ages of 11 and 50." That's from the American Heart Association.

Just wanted to let people know that he doesn't have Parkinsons! He does have debilitating stage fright and doesn't even remember performing at the AI finale.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-30-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "All I can say is..."
if he was scared, Katherine looked even more scared. They both made ME scared.

I cracked up when I saw the routine. But Meatloaf is my man, too. I really like him. But maybe he should stay away from live performances if it geeks him out so much.

As far as Clay and the Clay Wannabe are concerned, that was definitely the funniest part of the show for me. (Clay looks like a retro-Beatles member.)

--Singer

05-30-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
11. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
Thank you bookwomanblue. I got the info from a poster on another board and they had referenced Wikipedia--I should have read it instead of taking the info from the post. Thank you for looking at the article.

keone 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-30-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail keone Click to send private message to keone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: From Meatloaf to Prince"
Hey I had no idea of Meatloaf's condition. My point was that he looked haggard and old. His singing was ok but not his best of course.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •