The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on the Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-25-06, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on the Finale"
Starting a new thread since the 'results show thread' is so large already.

Although i did enjoy the finale last night, after sleeping on it, I don't think it holds up to last season's finale.

What I liked about last season was that each of teh top 12 (if i recall correctly) got to perform with one of their 'idols'. This year i think only 5 or 6 got to perform with someone on their own.

Some other questions i have ...

* Am I the only one who thought the 'Golden Idols' bit was pretty lame and should not EVER return?
* Puck & Pickler - although humorous to a degree, it didn't fit in with the show. One one hand, why give Kellie her own 'bit', but on the other hand to me it proved it was an act to a degree
* Prince. Now, I love the guy. He is one of my all time favorites, but why was he there? Just a random superstar to sing? Again, upon reflection, it seemed out of place w/o the idols singing with him.
* Burt Bacharach? Come on...

As I said, i enjoyed the show, but now today, the next morning, i'm thinking back and it seemed like a jumbled mess going in all different directions. The best parts were the idols singing with a superstar, and we only got a handful of that. I wanted more.

Agree? Disagree?

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale okaychatt 05-25-06 1
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale dkay1211 05-25-06 2
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale mare0125 05-25-06 47
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale SOfan0221 05-26-06 69
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale aquariaqueen 05-25-06 3
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale geekboy 05-25-06 4
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale true 05-25-06 5
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale aquariaqueen 05-25-06 9
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale true 05-25-06 11
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale bookwomanblue 05-25-06 6
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale tgb0402 05-25-06 38
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale mare0125 05-25-06 48
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale niteowl0205 05-26-06 59
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-25-06 7
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale angie1990 05-25-06 8
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale emydi 05-25-06 13
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-25-06 14
           RE: Thoughts on the Finale emydi 05-25-06 16
               RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-25-06 18
           RE: Thoughts on the Finale sylvester 05-25-06 51
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale TanNymph 05-25-06 10
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale true 05-25-06 12
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale prosecutor 05-25-06 15
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-25-06 17
           RE: Thoughts on the Finale udg 05-25-06 20
               RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-25-06 25
                   RE: Thoughts on the Finale udg 05-26-06 64
                       RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-26-06 65
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale TanNymph 05-25-06 35
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale mare0125 05-25-06 49
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale udg 05-25-06 19
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale prosecutor 05-25-06 21
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale AyaK 05-25-06 22
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale emydi 05-25-06 24
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale Former CBSer 05-25-06 40
           Easily Breezy 05-25-06 45
               RE: Easily Tahj 05-25-06 46
                   RE: Easily emydi 05-25-06 54
                   RE: Easily bookwomanblue 05-29-06 75
           RE: Thoughts on the Finale sylvester 05-25-06 52
           RE: Thoughts on the Finale singer 05-28-06 73
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale Devious Weasel 05-25-06 27
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale Magnolia_Rocker 05-25-06 23
   DIONNE singer 05-28-06 74
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale steelmagnolya 05-25-06 26
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale Tahj 05-25-06 28
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale chilei17 05-25-06 30
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale Former CBSer 05-25-06 37
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale geekboy 05-25-06 39
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale Tahj 05-25-06 42
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale callalilly3000 05-25-06 55
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale sica077 05-25-06 50
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale prosecutor 05-26-06 63
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale opinionated 05-25-06 29
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale tarmaq 05-25-06 41
 I remember when moonbaby 05-25-06 31
   RE: I remember when little fathead 05-25-06 32
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale samboohoo 05-25-06 33
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-25-06 34
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale LisaPles 05-25-06 36
           RE: Thoughts on the Finale archon 05-25-06 43
               RE: Thoughts on the Finale Former CBSer 05-25-06 44
               RE: Thoughts on the Finale sylvester 05-25-06 53
                   RE: Thoughts on The Finale LisaPles 05-26-06 60
               RE: Thoughts on the Finale Glow 05-26-06 61
                   RE: Thoughts on the Finale LisaPles 05-26-06 62
                   RE: Thoughts on the Finale emydi 05-26-06 66
                       RE: Thoughts on the Finale udg 05-26-06 70
                           RE: Thoughts on the Finale emydi 05-26-06 71
                   RE: Thoughts on the Finale opinionated 05-26-06 67
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale Denalio 05-26-06 68
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale frisky 05-25-06 56
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale toddE 05-26-06 57
   i heart frisky niteowl0205 05-26-06 58
 Kevin's Song, WTF? Hoobie 05-26-06 72
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale - Chris BlingBlong 05-30-06 76
   RE: Thoughts on the Finale - Chris sica077 05-30-06 77
       RE: Thoughts on the Finale - Chris Toushay 06-02-06 78
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale priestdi 06-03-06 79
 RE: Thoughts on the Finale atmodel9009 06-14-06 80

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-25-06, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Hi geekboy.

I agree the Golden Idols need to go. We were inundated with way too many audition tapes as it was. No need to rehash the rehash.
The nominees were ridiculous, and I had no desire to see/hear them again.

I'm afraid the Pickler scenario wasn't an act. Not entirely, any way.

I adore Prince, under any circumstances, at any time. His appearance just tells me how big AI is among the true stars, and how much weight the show carries in terms of PR.

I suspect the Bacharach appearance was to please the audience that grew up to his tunes. Yours Truly enjoyed hearing his songs, not that that gives anything away about my age. HA!

I think the producers were simply trying to appeal to AI's varied followers. Something for everyone. For those of us who go back to Bacharach, everything worked.

For those who are younger, it didn't.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I pretty much agree with you, though I did like this season as a whole a bit better than last.

I did notice that not every Idol got a chance to sing with someone. BUT, in my opinion, one of the best performances of the night was the 6 Idol guys singing together. This also made me sad because I really think this season had SOOOOO much potential and that it should have been an all guy finale, if not all guy Top 4 or 5! =) They just really outshined the girls to me!

With the exception of Elliot's mom being recognized (I think she is precious and has been there every week), the Golden Idols were lame.

My biggest gripe about last night, and maybe I am Ms. Sentimental or something, is how they have 2 hours to do this thing, then leave themselves with like 2 minutes to reveal the winner, have them sing, etc. I, personally, could have lived without Prince, and had more time to see things after Taylor sang at the end, like the other contestants congratulating him, hugs with family, etc......that is just my kinda thing I guess! =)

mare0125 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mare0125 Click to send private message to mare0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with you!! I wish they'd have stayed on the air at least another five minutes so we could see all the friends and family congratulading Taylor. I think it was either Elliott or Chris that I caught a glimpse of practically tackling him in all the excitement to congratulate him. I would've loved to see more.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I totally agree. It was like a 2 hour show with 1 hour of commercials and 1 hour of performances.

Liked everything except Prince. I like some of his stuff but I just thought it too diva like that he flounced on stage, sang his two songs and flounced off. The finale was about the Idols not about Prince so for my part he could have stayed home.

Loved Burt and Dionne but that dates me also.

Thought the Clay Aiken and Clay Aiken wanna be was a bit much and originally thought Clay had on a wig but I read in the paper next morning it was his 'new, sleek look'. Didn't care for it at all, the beatles look left a long time ago. Also Michael Sardouci (sp?) was on the today show this morning and guess what...........he was so nervous he had to pee 5 times before going onair.......now that is just too much information.

Puck and Pickler was a good reason to run to the fridge or the bathroom as I am about Picklered out. A little of that hick trick she does goes a long, long way. No one, and I mean no one is actually that dumb. Part of it is an act. She could not have gone through beauty contests and other things and been so stupid acting. But what-eva.

Thought Meatloaf was way out of voice and he is a favorite of mine but didn't think he did well with Kat. Loved Taylor but didn't care for Toni Braxton paired with him, think it would have been better if it was someone else or a different song. Loved Elliott and Mary Blige but thought she oversang it at the end.

Less commercials, and definately less Rhonetta would be appreciated next season. One plus, not a lot of Paula on camera during this 2 hours. ....yeah.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
For a fan who thought, "geez, do I want to watch 1 hour and 55 minutes of nonsense to learn the results I already knew", (even though I really would have loved to seen an upset, just to hear the conspiracy stories for a little longer, lol) I enjoyed the show!!!

Pick it apart, and yeah, somethings were less than others, but overall, I enjoyed it. Heck, in life I could pick apart everything and find mundane, idiotic stuff. But I think they did a good job of giving something to everyone.

05-25-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
As I said, i _did_ enjoy the finale show, don't get me wrong. BUT, comparing it to last season's finale - i think the finale show last season was the best in terms of how they worked it.

That's all i'm saying.

geekboy

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I expected 2 hours of hideous filler and awful songs, and I was pleasantly suprised to be so entertained the whole way through. (it helped that I could ff through commercials on TIVO)

I didn't really care who won, and I think that made the show more enjoyable for me. Taylor seemed very off in all his numbers, perhaps the anticipation of winning had him on edge. I thought Kat appeared as much more the star last night. Maybe she knew she was doomed, so the pressure was off. Who knows.

I enjoyed all the duets except for Taylor and Toni. That was, as Simon would say, hideous.

Elliot was amazing, and really made me sad that he wasn't a finalist. His voice just blows the others away.

Loved, loved, loved Clay Aiken! I just wish Ryan would have nabbed that freak earlier so he wouldn't ruin Clay's performance.

Bucky was fantastic on Raindrops! He sounded great on everything he did. Wooo! *waves to Glow*

I was a bit underwhelmed by Chris. His performance with Live was good, but the rest was blah.

Lisa was amazing on Alfie.

I enjoyed seeing Little Kevin.

Paris sounded like she was suffering from laryngitis.

No comment on The Pickle.

The three cowboys were the biggest waste of time for the night. why, Why? WHY?

I *heart* Elliot..and his mom. *snif*

I could have done without Dionne Warwick, but damn, she looks great for 110.

The Prince suprise certainly did suprise me. He was great, though out of place. It just seemed odd, as the other guests all had interaction with the idols, to plop him and his overactive sideshow girls at the end of the show. Weird.

Overall, I thought the finale was entertaining. I'll be very curious to see what they end up doing with Taylor. I just don't see where he fits into any existing musical genre, and fear he may end up as a big, cartoonish joke.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Interestly enough, you didn't mention Mandisa, maybe it's the same reason I have....she was really downplayed in my opinion.
She didn't have much of a role, neither did the long haired blonde, whose name escapes me right now.

05-25-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
It is interesting, hmm...She was one of my early favs too, I just think that her part in the finale wasn't memorable for me. My memory of her on the show was better than what I saw from her last night. She was ok, but not as good as I recall.

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-25-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
A lot of the guest stars stunk last night. Meatloaf looked as if he was about to keel over. Toni Braxton seemed drunk and who tries to "sex up" a song like "In The Ghetto"? Mary J Blige hogged the stage making Elliott an afterthought. Prince? Talk about random! He was there to make up for the bad publicity he caused for himself earlier this season and maybe sell a couple of records.

OTOH, Dionne Warwick and Burt Bacharach were fantastic. Al Jarreau pure perfection. Clay Aiken was a hoot and could sing too! (Weird hair though.) And Carrie Underwood showed she was no fluke last year.

Although not perfect, I loved the group sings. And the awards highlighted various things that made this season stand out. All in all, not a bad finale and I absolutely LOVED the outcome! I would have preferred seeing more of the Idol contestants and liked the approach last year, of having them sing with their idols. But, they can't keep it the same every year!

tgb0402 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tgb0402 Click to send private message to tgb0402 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>A lot of the guest stars
>stunk last night. Meatloaf
>looked as if he was
>about to keel over.
>Toni Braxton seemed drunk and
>who tries to "sex up"
>a song like "In The
>Ghetto"? Mary J Blige
>hogged the stage making Elliott
>an afterthought. Prince?
>Talk about random! He was
>there to make up for
>the bad publicity he caused
>for himself earlier this season
>and maybe sell a couple
>of records.
>
>OTOH, Dionne Warwick and Burt Bacharach
>were fantastic. Al Jarreau
>pure perfection. Clay Aiken was
>a hoot and could sing
>too! (Weird hair though.) And
>Carrie Underwood showed she was
>no fluke last year.
>
>Although not perfect, I loved the
>group sings. And the awards
>highlighted various things that
>made this season stand out.
> All in all, not
>a bad finale and I
>absolutely LOVED the outcome! I
>would have preferred seeing more
>of the Idol contestants and
>liked the approach last year,
>of having them sing with
>their idols. But, they
>can't keep it the same
>every year!

I agree, I agree!! Especially about Blige, Meatloaf and Prince! And is it just me, or did Clay (although I really enjoyed him) look like a cross between k.d lang and Paul Rubens?
I did think the guys outdid the girls in their songs. And I'm very happy that Taylor won.

05-25-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mare0125 Click to send private message to mare0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Yes, yes, yes!!! What was up with that duet between Elliott and Mary J??? Duet? She sang 75%of the song!
And I thought Meatloaf had a stroke or something--I was NOT prepared for how badly he sang last night and I am a huge fan of The Loaf.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-06, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"

>And I thought Meatloaf had a
>stroke or something--I was NOT
>prepared for how badly he
>sang last night and I
>am a huge fan of
>The Loaf.

I used to love Meatloaf. He really had an amazing voice back in the day. I actually thought he was already dead until they introduced him. (oh well...maybe he is)

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I was thoroughly entertained for the entire two hours.

Bucky is amazing and will forever be the biggest reminder why this show keeps me coming back every year. I loved the face time he got last night. Somebody must have written a letter or something. *bats eyelashes* I rewound his performances several times. I.love.him. And I love the comments I'm reading about him on the boards. "Glowie was right" "Bucky was amazing" ha! *smug look*

Prince being there was a huge surprise. That's obviously the guest the contestants didn't know about. Shocked.

The guys' performance was spectacular. Even Kevin didn't sound terrible and was cute up there. *waves to true*

The girls' performance was a huge reminder how far superior the male talent was this year. McGhee was great though. Shame she won't be on the tour. I'd have liked McGhee, Kat and Paris to be the only girls in the competition. And Pickler. If only to introduce her to the television audience. She makes me smile. She should have a sitcom.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

"I learned two words a long time ago that help out a lot: 'Screw it.' If something's bothering you, don't dwell on it. Just let it go. Worrying ain't gonna do nothing but make it worse." - Bucky Covington

angie1990 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angie1990 Click to send private message to angie1990 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
i was very surprised to see all the artists that performed on ai, especially prince. he's one of the best, but i wish he would have sung one of his classic songs. i'm surprise katherine didn't win, considering she would've been marketable. in a perfect world, mandesia would have won. i also thought the ai contestants were pair with the wrong artist. mary j blige totally outsung elliot. i could barely hear his voice. al jarreau sounded like a hot mess/very incoherent and also toni braxton. the only thing she cared about was looking good. dionne warick did look very old/but she did o.k. i think clay aiken had some work done. Minus the cheesyness/ it wasn't a bad show.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
And I love the comments I'm reading about him on the boards. "Glowie was right" "Bucky was amazing" ha! *smug look*

Snortle...I just wrote something like this in the finale thread before reading this! I have always liked Bucky but last nite, I fell in love with him...so what are the dues for joining the Pgh's Chapter of Bucky's fan club?

OMH He is so darn cute..I just want to run my fingers through his gorgeous blond long hair..

05-25-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
*squinty eyes* It's cool that you're all in love with him all of a sudden but you better keep your fingers outta my boyfriend's hair. *glare*

See? Smileys make it all better. *gives one more warning glare*

05-25-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Ok, but then you can't *buff* my boy's.....

05-25-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
hmmmm. We're going to have to work out some kind of compromise, I think.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-25-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
*squinty eyes* It's cool that you're all in love with him all of a sudden but you better keep your fingers outta my boyfriend's hair. *glare*"

Ahem. *cough*cough*

You weren't the only Bucky lover in the crowd Ms. Glow! I was there way back when too!

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I agree about the jumbled mess, but I also enjoyed most of it.

My random thoughts.
Why was Meatloaf shaking his head?

Was there something wrong with Toni Braxton's mike? Couldn't hear her.

Mary J. totally overpowered Elliot.

I was glad that Kat choose the appropriate size dress. The last dress she wore Tues night looked like she was melted and poured into it. However, she was about to let the girls out of the first one. Not a bad thing for Nailbone I guess.

Love Prince, but thought also that his performance was out of place. Still enjoyed it though.

Bucky was great!

Lisa sang much better than during the final 12 competition.

Puck and Pickler was just stupid.

Also agree that Dionne looked great for 110. Burt, not so much.

Glad Taylor won, but looking forward to see what Chris does.

The golden idol awards need to go.

The Clay Aiken wanna be was really stupid, but enjoyed Clay's performance.

Where was Bo?

Carrie looked and sounded fantastic. Covergirl needs to hire her.

Randy's blue glasses were hideous.

I didn't think the brokenote cowboys were that bad. Not good, but not that bad.

05-25-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I didn't think the brokenote cowboys were that bad. Not good, but not that bad.

Well, I think their performance was ok, considering, but I just didn't get why those three got such a HUGE portion of showtime devoted to them. I guess the producers wanted to get as much mileage as possible from their Brokeback spoof. I just didn't think it was all that funny the first time they ran it, and that, plus the entire performance took up way too much time of the finale! Heck, Garrett got more screen time than several of the top 12.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-25-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I for one loved the finale. I was entertained like never
before. I loved the awards segment too. I loved the
brokenote cowboys, they even actually sounded good to me(heehee)
All in all well done producers leave the awards segment
in for next season it was a hoot. I especially loved the
geek singing and his reaction when he heard the thunderous
applause and turned around to see Clay Aiken the look on
his face was priceless. Great finale great outcome. Simon
actually stood when the winner was announced. I don't remember Simon ever standing for a contestant.

05-25-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
heh. A quote from my blog:
"They sound good. *pause* *looks around* What? Well okay, not good good but pretty okay nonetheless."

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-25-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I'll give you "pretty OK."

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
Glowie's right, and if you disagree with her, you'll just realize later that you were wrong.

05-25-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
heh. You are my favorite today.

but that statement should maybe be bigger and bolder.

05-26-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Only today?

Noted.

05-26-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"

LOL. Okay. You get AT LEAST a week out of that one.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I agree the segment was too long. I agree I'd rather have seen Chris or Bucky or any of top 12 singing instead of these guys. I just thought it wasn't THAT bad. I didn't care for the original spoof either.

05-25-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Yeah--Where was Bo?
And where was FANTASIA (the only American Idol that has ever given me goosebumps every time she sang)
Whatever happened to Ruben?

I thought Clay was actor/comedian Paul Ruben for a minute there.

05-25-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
1) Way. Too. L-O-N-G. The commercial breaks were over 5 minutes long each!

2) The Golden Idol schtick was just plain bad.

3) There were times when I felt like I was watching an AI parody, not an AI finale.

4) Toni Braxton's appearance was worthy of an FCC fine. I've seen strip shows that were less sleezy!

5) Loved Clay.

6) Hated Clay's Hair.

7) Chris & Bucky.... *drool*

8) Kellie Pickler needs to be put out of my missery.

9) They boys all singing together was one of the highlights of the whole night. Very unexpected. The boys really did outshine the girls this season.

10) Wardrobe. *sigh* Whoever is in charge of wardrobe for this show should be fired immediately. There were so many outfits that either didn't fit or were totally wrong for the person wearing them... I think even *I* could do better, and I suck at picking out clothes. Someone call the What Not to Wear people STAT!

11) Did I mention too long?

12) The Prince thing was just bizarre. I mean, it was great that he was there, but the set up for it was odd ("No more guests... Haha, fooled you!"), and why was he up there alone?

13) Way. Too. Freaking. Long.

14) There really were a surprising number of moments where I grinned like an idiot. There were lots of good moments (CLAY!) sprinkled in with the hideous (*cough* Meatloaf *cough*). Howeve, I did spend a LOT of time fast forwarding. I think it took me about 45 minutes to watch the whole entire show.

15) Two hours is too long. Not because I couldn't watch 2 hours of some of these folks, but because most of the filler SUCKED.

05-25-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>10) Wardrobe. *sigh* Whoever is in
>charge of wardrobe for this
>show should be fired immediately.
>There were so many outfits
>that either didn't fit or
>were totally wrong for the
>person wearing them... I think
>even *I* could do better,
>and I suck at picking
>out clothes. Someone call the
>What Not to Wear people
>STAT!
>
Besides your post being waaay toooo looong (Heehee)
anyhoo I agree with you on the outfits. I thought
the same thing especially Mandisa's outfits, who
would put a woman her size in a belt around her
waist? Mandisa should have refused to wear it, it
accentuated her broad lower portion.

I agree fashion police STAT!!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>12) The Prince thing was just bizarre. I mean, it was
>great that he was there, but the set up for
>it was odd ("No more guests... Haha, fooled you!"), and
>why was he up there alone?

Because he's Prince, that's why. We're talking one of the 10 most significant recording artists of the past 50 years. If Prince wants to be on my show, he doesn't have to perform any duets or anything else.

It reminded me of Elton John performing on the World Idol finale.

05-25-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
yep...totally agree...I wish he would have done "When Doves Cry" one of my all time fave songs!

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
How in the heck can you compare Prince to Elton John! Thats like comparing a diamond to a turd. Sorry, can't agree with you. Prince couldn't carry Elton's sheet music. The only thing worse than his appearance was Meat Loaf.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Easily"
And I agree with Ayak. Prince is huge in the music business, it was a huge thing for them to get him to perform. Just as it was for World Idol to get Elton.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Easily"
It was huge, I guess, but Prince only pimped himself cause his CD isn't doing that well.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-25-06, 10:25 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Easily"
as Simon says "that's show business"!

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-29-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Easily"
>It was huge, I guess, but
>Prince only pimped himself cause
>his CD isn't doing that
>well.
>
>
>Moves courtesy of
>Syren

And that is precisely why he was there! Where else could he find that kind of audience? That's why he didn't sing a classic too!

05-25-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
"How in the heck can you compare Prince to Elton John! Thats like comparing a diamond to a turd."

BWAHAHAHAHA

Ok, that made me snort coffee out my nose. Thanks.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>How in the heck can you
>compare Prince to Elton John!
> Thats like comparing a
>diamond to a turd.
>Sorry, can't agree with you.
>Prince couldn't carry Elton's sheet
>music. The only thing
>worse than his appearance was
>Meat Loaf.

Prince is a brilliant writer and an engaging performer.
Elton John is a brilliant writer and an engaging performer.

Those facts allow the comparison.

Side issues like personal taste and personal preference, while interesting, do not go to the basic fact of how well both artists write and perform in their specific genres. Their numerous music awards support the fact that they are outstanding artists.

--Singer

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
The producers have been saying all season that they wanted to do a Prince night, but His Royal Badness wasn't willing to work with the contestants - he just wanted to sing on the results show and the producers weren't willing to do that. So this seems like a compromise route - do The Results Show, not just a Prince Results Show.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-25-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
My thoughts

1. Agree with all those that said the boys group singing was the highlight of the show. Especially the Chris and Bucky spotlight. MmmmmHmmmm. DH had to tell me "settle down over there" during that bit. Oh to be sandwiched between them. *drools*

2. Loved Prince making an appearance. Loved listening to him. Loved the fact that he never sounds bad. Did not love how he spun around and sashayed right off the stage once done. What was that about?

3. HATED the golden idols. H.A.T.E.D it I say! I got way more than my fill of that carp during the audition shows. The cheese factor was riding high during those bits. *gags*

4. Katherine sounded better last night then she has all season. Loved her performance with Meatloaf. Speaking of Meatloaf...did he always shake his whole body to get his vibrato going? Wierdness.

5. Melissa should have gone much farther in the competition than she did. She sounded great last night even with the fact that she had to duet with A*s...I mean Ace.

6. If I never see or hear Kellie Pickler again it will be too soon. That girl makes us southern girls look like complete morons. Go.Away.Now.

7. Mary J., Toni B., Dionne.....meh. I did not enjoy them at all. Bad choices of guest stars. Oh, and Dionne...retire. Now.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "DIONNE"
was as flat as a rock at the end of the finale song. I was surprised. Must have been all those cigarettes.

Kat looked like she was running from Meatloaf. I don't blame her. I would have run, too.

My Sweet Baby Bucky sounded good, and I think that he will continue to build his music career and fan base. What a cutie!

Prince is the man, and I loved his performance.

That Pickle proved that her act was an act. There are televisions and computers throughout the South, and people from the South do read. I will never believe that she is as stupid as she behaves on camera. I hope she fades away quietly. And soon!

--Singer

steelmagnolya 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-25-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steelmagnolya Click to send private message to steelmagnolya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I enjoyed the finale. Even better because I taped it and could fast forward through the commercials - there seemed to be hundreds of them.

Could have lived without the "awards" and Cowboys which took up too much time towards the end. I enjoyed some of the top finalist being paired with entertainers, but Toni Braxton had to have been notified at the last minute. She didn't get it.

I suppose the Prince and Mary J. Blige connection may have been born of Paris. They gave Paris permission to sing their songs on the show. Maybe the show had an open door to get them there.

Prince is awesome. Anychance to see him perform is a treat! Taylor shined the whole night through and so did Elliot. Good program over all.

05-25-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-06 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

There were moments and performances I enjoyed on the finale but seriously, overall, Gong Show Extravaganza is what I would call it. It was a circus.

The idols performing with their favorite stars was pretty lame. Good lord, Toni Braxton had to have borrowed Paula's drugs for that performance. You couldn't even hear her singing and I swear she was trying to dry hump Taylor. Did it look to anyone else like he had to fight her off?

Meatloaf has some kind of palsy going on. I was waiting for the seizure at any moment.

Al Jarreau? The dude's 65, looked 75, and sang like it.

Mary J. Blige--Elliot who?

The only good performance was Chris's with Live.

Everyone's already bashed the Golden Idol awards, so 'nuf said.

Clay Aiken coming out behind that kid? Truly the most bizzare moment of the night. I thought at first it was an impersonator, then I thought he was wearing a wig. The only thing that saved him was his singing--and that was fantastic. Kathy Griffin is going to have a field day with this.

Puck and Kelly--stupid, really, really stupid.

Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick--has-beens. Sorry, but I'm sick of watching performers past their prime struggling to get through a performance.

The cherry on top was Prince. Yes, he is a fantastic artist, but campy--very, very campy. That only added to the Gong Show Fest.

Announcing the winner was anticlimactic, to say the least. Almost an afterthought. It was like, "Oh yeah, we have to remember to save some time to announce the winner."

Moves courtesy of Syren

chilei17 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chilei17 Click to send private message to chilei17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Bad Hair, wierd moment who cares It was CLAY onstage for the first time in FOREVER!!
I just wish Ryan had moved that geeky boy sooner and that they had at least spoken to him briefly.

What a voice!! That was the best moment of the night.

I'm thrilled for Taylor but YAY CLAY!!!

05-25-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I could have lived with a one hour finale which should have included at least 15 minutes for the winner. Prince a superstar. Come on - What a train wreck, has been and artist (NOT). I have an obscene thought about Prince but I will keep it to myself. Same for Mary J. Blige. She may have been drinking from the same bottle as Paula. I felt sorry for Elliott. Meat loaf really sucked also. Can't they find anybody but has beens and also rans. I think Al Jarreau did well for his age. I also loved Dionne in her prime but she should have been introduced with Baharach and left it at that. I wish Taylor and Katherine well and if either one had one it would have been OK with me but I still think Chris should have been AI. Kat has a better voice than Taylor but he puts on a show even if it is somewhat jerky. My final word on this season.

05-25-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"

I'm sorry, but i have to say it.

Prince wasn't, never has been, and is truly incapable of being "campy".

The guy is a freakin musical genius. I audibly inhaled when i read your post!

geekboy
bows to Prince

05-25-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-06 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

Sorry geekboy, but you asked. Hey, I gave him his props. I don't know how old you are, but I remember Prince from way back and he has always been campy. I'm not trying to insult him or you. It's just the way I see it.

Moves courtesy of Syren

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
You see... this is why I adore you. I feel the same way. I have loved Prince since I was 13 years old. And I love him just as much now.

I saw him in concert last year. He was "Awesome"!

Gotta love Prince

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>The only good performance was Chris's with Live.

I don't agree that it was the only good performance, but it was most certainly in a league of its own...the *best* league. The first thing I think of when I think of the finale are those two bald men rocking it out. *blushes over newfound intrigue for balds* I heard a rumor somewhere that it was in the works for Chris to be with Fuel (the band that offered him lead before), and for Fuel to be touring with Live. Now that would be a show to see! Sounds way to good to be true though...

05-26-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-25-06
>AT 01:20 PM (EST)

>
>There were moments and performances I
>enjoyed on the finale but
>seriously, overall, Gong Show
>Extravaganza
is what I would
>call it. It was
>a circus.
>

Gong show? you must be as old as the oldsters
you ar bashing(hahaha)sorry couldn't resist.

>The idols performing with their favorite
>stars was pretty lame.

Why? not lame at all.

>Good lord, Toni Braxton had
>to have borrowed Paula's drugs
>for that performance. You couldn't
>even hear her singing and
>I swear she was trying
>to dry hump Taylor.
>Did it look to anyone
>else like he had to
>fight her off?
>
Agree Toni was nuts.

>Meatloaf has some kind of palsy
>going on. I was
>waiting for the seizure at
>any moment.

He looked gross and I was worried
about Kat in that low cut dress
singing with that, he didn't look like
a meat loaf at all he looked more
like a sloppy Joe.
>
>Al Jarreau? The dude's 65,
>looked 75, and sang like
>it.
>
>Mary J. Blige--Elliot who?
>
>The only good performance was Chris's
>with Live.

Diagree,I loved it all.

>Everyone's already bashed the Golden Idol
>awards, so 'nuf said.

not me I loved it LMAO, and I'm sure
if others were honest they'd admit to it too.

>Puck and Kelly--stupid, really, really stupid.

Nope enjoyed that too. Go Kelly!

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
OK, I'm going to be the only one to say this (probably), but I actually thought the Puck/Pickler segments were a hoot. Maybe I watched too many Three's Company episodes in my childhood.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I was entertained as well. Kelli could do well as a "dumb blonde" on a reality show.

I mean, an additional reality show. Hey, it put Jessica on the map.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "I remember when"
Meatloaf was able to carry a tune. If he hit ten notes right it was a lot. What a trainwreck that was!

I didn't care much for the finale. Sing me a coupla more songs, show me the winnah and call it DONE. None of the filler they used last night-the awards were a waste of time.

little fathead 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail little%20fathead Click to send private message to little%20fathead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: I remember when"
I can't believe I'm coming out of hiding just to ask this, but am I the only one that thought Clay Aiken was Daniel from both seasons of Project Runway? It took me a few to figure out it was actually Clay.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Chris: Drool, drool, drool.

As big a travesty it was for him to go fourth, I can honestly say it would have been a bigger travesty for him to have to sing, "Do I Make You Proud?"

The song has grown on me somewhat, but it certainly suits Taylor, not Chris.

I mean c'mon. "Do I Mak You Proud?" for Chris? Uh, no. Hot, yes. Swoony, yes. Do you make me want to rip off your clothes? Yes. But "proud," No.

Through Tivo, I was able to watch the Finale in 25 minutes. That was more than enough for me.

It's Arkie Love

05-25-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
*blink* Poor Chris. I'm proud of you, Chris, even if Boo isn't.

25 minutes? It took me at least that long to watch (and rewatch and rewatch and rewatch) Bucky singing "raindrops".

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>It took me
>at least that long to
>watch (and rewatch and rewatch
>and rewatch) Bucky singing "raindrops".

Ahhhhh, I know what you mean. He's so HOT!

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>It took me
>at least that long to
>watch (and rewatch and rewatch
>and rewatch) Bucky singing "raindrops".
Ahhhhh, I know what you mean. He's so HOT!

Ok -- I have to ask --- I have been hearing this all season and I just don't get it...

Bucky is hot?!? I know I am just a middle-aged heterosexual male, but Bucky is Hot??? I'm sorry, I just don't get it...

Chris? I get it... Ace? Ok, maybe -- I'll give that to you... but Bucky?

Just dont get it...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

05-25-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I agree 100%. The buckmaster has to shave the fuzz off his mug, fix his teeth and learn how to speak english. He looks like a scruffy redneck and I generally like rednecks. Maybe the 2 X 4 will help him.

05-25-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>Bucky is hot?!? I know
>I am just a middle-aged
>heterosexual male, but Bucky is
>Hot??? I'm sorry, I
>just don't get it...

Ummmm, H*ll yes, Bucky is HOT. Fully functional, mature, 'semi' intelligent woman here, and you betcha, he's smokin'.

I don't know what it is about him either, because girly hair on a man usually gags me, but dayum, my tongue hangs out when I look at him.

Where was I? *grin*

My thoughts on the finale:

1) I loved the entire show, EXCEPT for the idiotic golden idol crap.

2) Toni Braxton WAS trying to dry hump Taylor's leg. Beyotch. That's MY job.

3) I was a Bo Ho last year, never cared much for Carrie, but thought she was drop dead gorgeous and really talented last night. Thumbs up on Carrie Underwood.

4) I too thought Kat sounded better last night then she did all season. I also think she knew Taylor won it, there was no look of surprise when Ryan announced it.

5) I do have to point out that I called it, Ryan didn't say a word about the vote breakdown. It wasn't close.

6) Loved the boy group number. Minus Kevin, they should have been final 5. The closest the idol tour is coming to where I live in the middle of nowhere is 6 hrs away. I am seriously considering the road trip to see the 5 guys. (Is it warm in here?)

7) Loved seeing Clay, hated his hair, wish they had shut the little geek up so that I could have heard Clay better. Still, it was hilarious seeing the kid's reaction.

8) I was truly disappointed that they ran long and cut off during the congratulations. I worked hard this season voting for Taylor dammit! I wanted to see the confetti and the hugs and the whole thing. I feel a little cheated by that. But, I'm happy!

05-26-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Thoughts on The Finale "
>H*ll yes, Bucky is HOT.
> Fully functional, mature, 'semi'
>intelligent woman here, and you
>betcha, he's smokin'.
>I don't know what it is
>about him either, because girly
>hair on a man usually
>gags me, but dayum, my
>tongue hangs out when I
>look at him.

Yeah, I usually don't go for the long hair either but it works for him. I think Bucky's HOT because he is really tall and I like that. He has a good body and seems like a cool, fun guy. We women like those things ...Mmmmmm.

05-26-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
"Bucky is hot?!? I know I am just a middle-aged heterosexual male, but Bucky is Hot??? I'm sorry, I just don't get it...
Chris? I get it... Ace? Ok, maybe -- I'll give that to you... but Bucky?"

*shrug* You don't have to get it. This? to me, is gorgeous. Being gorgeous doesn't alone make him "hot" to me though. People can be gorgeous without being hot. For me, Bucky just happens to be both.

gorgeous = dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent

05-26-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>This to me, is gorgeous.
>Being gorgeous doesn't alone make
>him "hot" to me though.
>People can be gorgeous
>without being hot. For
>me, Bucky just happens to
>be both.

Thanks for the picture Glow, it made my day! Wheeeeee!

05-26-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
it's weird..he looks like an old beau of mine in this pic...although Bucky has longer and better hair oh and better teeth..think Elliott there UGH...

05-26-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
If you're using the word "beau", he's obviously old.

Just like my older twin sister.

05-26-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
shut up, ya little brat

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I don't really get the "hot" label, either, but I like Bucky a lot. He seems like a helluva nice guy, the type who'd be fun at a party and would show up to help you out in a pinch. Just my impression.

Oh, and I thought he sounded really good on "Raindrops."

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
>Chris: Drool, drool, drool.
>
>As big a travesty it was
>for him to go fourth,
>I can honestly say it
>would have been a bigger
>travesty for him to have
>to sing, "Do I Make
>You Proud?"
>
>The song has grown on me
>somewhat, but it certainly suits
>Taylor, not Chris.
>
>I mean c'mon. "Do I
>Mak You Proud?" for Chris?
> Uh, no. Hot,
>yes. Swoony, yes.
>Do you make me want
>to rip off your clothes?
> Yes. But "proud,"
>No.
>

agree. except, of course, if "proud" is just code for "aroused"

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
The finale separated the uber-DAWs from the DAWs with class.

Uber-DAW: Mary J. Blige. This was Elliot's moment, beeyotch. He had one more chance to shine, and this was supposed to be it, but nooooooooooo...for some reason you thought this was all about Mary J. DAW.

Uber-DAW: Toni Braxton. Look at me! Look at me! I wear a slutty dress and dance all sleazy and bumpin' and grindin' while growling: "On a cold and grey Chicago morn another little baby child is born in the ghetto." That's hot. You DAW.

DAW with class: Elliot. The guy knew this was his swan song, but he was a gentleman and let that aging moron have her moment.

DAW with class: Taylor. He looked like the sober guy at a wedding whose wife is polluted and making a fool of herself, and he's trying to keep her reigned in so she doesn't feel too bad in the morning.

I hated the awards, liked the k.d. lang Clay moment, Chris was okay with Live but I would have preferred Chris alone, Bucky is so adorable, Kat was annoying me in the swishy dress at the end, like she should have been singing "I feel pretty!", Paula was drunk, the three idiots on the red carpet prior to the show were idiots, Chris was hot, and Bucky is cute.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-26-06, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
Hey now, don't hate on Mary J. Just because she was sooo much better than anyone else on the show. She gave me goosebumps, super ghetto or not. She's da bomb!

I liked the show, much better than expected. Kat was very classy and sounded great, was relaxed. Definitely all about the south. I read on Yahoo that of the top 20 voting cities, the only one west of the Mississipppi is Honolulu, which pretty much kills the chances of a west coast local. It does explain Jasmine Trias' success, though.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "i heart frisky"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

Hee Hee you make me laugh! Right on to everything you said. Loved the k.d.lang/Clay mix-up. (He's the one with the eyeliner)

edited to say: i put this post in the wrong place...

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "Kevin's Song, WTF?"
Why is nobody commenting on Kevin's "What's New Pussycat"?

1) I saw one post that said "couldn't they pick a song that didn't have so many Ss"? LOL!

2) I thought this was a Tom Jones song - that it is Bacharach's is news to me.

3) How inappropriate!

4) Why were the girls/ back-up singers bopping up and down?

5) Kellie had a really weird non-PG13 smirk on her face the whole time

6) The entire time, I was doing my Beavis and Butthead laugh, I can only imagine how many others were.

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale - Chris"
Wasn't it a moment when, after Chris finished with Live, the audience kept on cheering and cheering for him. Even Ryan had to take an embarrassed moment to wait for the crowd to shush up! Chris is the real AI this year!

Buy 2 of his first CD and boost him up over all the others!

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale - Chris"
It was my favorite part of the finale! Chris with Live was *hot*hot*hot*!

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale - Chris"
Love Chris... now I have to go to mrdaughtry.com to get my Chris fix of music. Until he puts out his first CD.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
forgive me for not having the fortitude to read all the responses first.

I took a break after the finale, so I'm way out of touch here.

But I thought it was GREAT piece of TV entertainment, all the way through. I know in the past the finale has been nominated for an Emmy, but I'm pretty sure it's never won.

When this one ended, I announced to my empty living room (yes I am weird, thanks!) that it probably would get the Emmy this time.

My favorite things included that surprise Clay thing (I'd forgotten he was supposed to be there, I should have seen it coming), and the Puck and Pickler series (I thought her reactions were probably real too. I mean I'm sure she was encouraged, strongly, to not hold back. but the girl's not an actress, lol.) And ... omg I was stunned, riveted to my seat, when Prince came out. As I skimmed to the end just now I saw someone said this is a symbol of how huge Idol is now, and that's how I felt.

I'm amused by Simon Cowell's recent statement about how much of a diva Prince was, that he showed up with seconds to spare and then left without talking to anyone. Simon, honey, he's a different creature than the acts you produce. don't even try to understand it.

I still can't believe they got him to show. Even for 5 minutes.

The show was so good, it made up for me that the night before's performances had -- generally speaking -- sucked and that I didn't care who won. It was just great TV. So many huge names on stage, it's just such a far cry from the second season, when the guest judges were so b-list. lol.

atmodel9009 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-14-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atmodel9009 Click to send private message to atmodel9009 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: Thoughts on the Finale"
I thought the musical guests were the best part but still Mcpheever lives on forever!xoxo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •