The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New CBS Reality Show!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-29-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New CBS Reality Show!"
New CBS reality show a send-up of "Hillbillies
Reported in the Contra Costa Times this morning...

If you're a hillbilly with a cute twang and a passel o' young'uns, just load 'em on up and move to Beverly...Hills, that is. CBS is resurrecting "The Berverly Hillbillies" as a reality series.

The network will soon begin casting for a weekly half-hour series that will follow the adventures of a rural, lower-middle-class family--yes, there will be a granny--as they are transplanted from their humble digs to a Beverly Hills mansion. The project is tentatively titled "Real Beverly Hiibillies."

During their one-year stay in California, they'll be afforded a wide variety of luxuries they'd normally be unable to afford, from maid service to personal assistants. They'll also have a chance to earn a substantial income for each week, either via a stipend or through some other means.

Cameras will watch their every move as the rural clan attempts to fit in with folks who eat at the Grill rather than use a grill, or who shop at Harry Winston instead of Wal-Mart. And while the series will focus on a group of five or six, it's expected their extended family will also stop by for a visit sometime during their stay in the mansion.

CBS aired the first "Beverly Hillbillies" from 1962 until 1971, producing 274 episodes. The reality show is not intended to poke fun at the family, seeing it as a "fish out of water" story. The network is also hoping for a family with a sense of humor.

Especially after they have to go back home once their year is up.

Regards,

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New CBS Reality Show! GeorgiaBelle 08-29-02 1
   RE: New CBS Reality Show! Draco Malfoy 08-29-02 2
       RE: New CBS Reality Show! GeorgiaBelle 08-29-02 3
           RE: New CBS Reality Show! Silvergirl1 08-29-02 4
 10 to 1 anotherkim 08-29-02 5
   Tennessee Bucky Katt 08-29-02 6
 Headed for Hooterville... Red Lady 08-31-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New CBS Reality Show!"
I am there! It works for me and I am already a Granny. I can see my new buddy RL while I am out there. Waves at RL.

BTW: You mean there is somewhere other than Wal-Mart to shop? If I like it I stay. I refuse to go back home. **PHTTT**

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New CBS Reality Show!"
I guess you could always claim squatter's rights...

Oh dear, I've re-dorkulated!

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New CBS Reality Show!"
That works for me.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New CBS Reality Show!"
LOL, Georgia, would you invite us all over for a dip in the cement pond and have a possum belly barbeque?

Come on in, the water's fine!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "10 to 1"
They pick a family from Tennessee--it is always safe to laugh at people from Tennessee.

FTR, I have never had a near death experience in a mobile home, married or kissed a cousin, or eaten possum or squirrel.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-29-02, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Tennessee"
>They pick a family from Tennessee--it is always safe to laugh at people from Tennessee.

I agree!

Aloof...bizarre...sarcastic...volatile...he is a CAT after all!

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Headed for Hooterville..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-02 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

Now it's getting scary.
Days after CBS announced it was planning a new reality series inspired by "The Beverly Hillbillies," Fox is reportedly planning a similar TV project patterned after "Green Acres." Arnold the pig could not be reached for comment.

A Fox spokesman told the Reuters news service Friday the network is developing a "reality series" that, like the original "Green Acres," would involve transplanting upper-crust, city-dwelling yuppies to a rural setting that includes farm animals, neighbors with odd but endearing character tics that we can all laugh at without feeling arogant, and pretty gals who go skinny-dipping in the local water tank.

CBS is planning to find a rural family to move into a Beverly Hills mansion for a show tentatively titled "The Real Beverly Hillbillies."

My initial thoughts are that CBS & Fox should just trade families! Skinny-dipping gals in local water tanks sounds like Petticoat Junction to me! Whoo...whoo..all aboard the train for Petticoat Junction!

Regards,

edited to add source: The Contra Costa Times, Aug 31, 2002

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •