The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"mega-comprehensive/out-there spoiler analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

herewiss13 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-21-01, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail herewiss13 Click to send private message to herewiss13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"mega-comprehensive/out-there spoiler analysis"
http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=10437.topic&start=1&stop=20

This is an _extremely_ long and detailed post showing how MB has edited the show to portray Ethan as Jesus, through a variety of subtle methods. I'm not exactly sure what to make of it, myself; so I was hoping other, more learned, people might comment. It seems scarily plausible...but also very fringe-y.

My apologies if this is somehow redundant to the forum. I haven't been on _very_ long, but I haven't seen it.

and for added kicks:

Grooves: What do you think of Ethan and his hair?
Survivor_Brandon: Jesus has risen and he walks among us and he plays Survivor.

Thanks,
Eric

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 This is NOT a Spoiler... IceCat 12-21-01 1
   RE: This is NOT a Spoiler... coolbeans56 12-21-01 2
       RE: This is NOT a Spoiler... Kokoro 12-21-01 3
           RE: This is NOT a Spoiler... red 12-21-01 4
               RE: This is NOT a Spoiler... Kokoro 12-21-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-21-01, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "This is NOT a Spoiler..."
This is an example of speculation...

This is a person's opinion...

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-21-01, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbeans56 Click to send private message to coolbeans56 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This is NOT a Spoiler..."
I FULLY agree, I think MB does edit some themes, but I don;t believe for a second that MB has the Time, or the insanity to edit in a religious fashion... sigh

my two cents,
Coolbeans56

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-21-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This is NOT a Spoiler..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

Not to mention that the Sun, which is basically the point of all the follow up posts ~does not~ only appear over Ethan (plus that "Star of David" has been in all 3 seasons; It's only a camera filter)....this guy reminds me of one of those religious fanatics that relates any and every current event with the book of Revelations.

EDIT: I keep forgetting the damn t's ^-^;;
----------------------------------------

"Sometimes your shallowness is so thorough, it's almost like depth." - Daria

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-21-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This is NOT a Spoiler..."
Actually, I DON'T think the guy is a religious fanatic. He also came up with the "Dog That Didn't Bark" proof on why Tina's editing points to her as the winner. This is exactly the sort of analysis that people do with literature, films etc. Religious themes are often found everywhere - its a touchstone of literary criticism.

And I DO think its possible that this sort of complexity goes into the editing - it would take Survivor to a new level in terms of reality television if Mark Burnett can not just entertain, but introduce complex themes in subtle manners.

The guy is studying the editing and writing a thesis just as you might with THE GREAT GATSBY. Is he right? Well, unlike literary criticism, his thesis can ultimately be disproved. But it doesn't take away from its validity, in my mind, as a decent reading into themes.

I do think that with each season, the quality of the show is improving (camera, editing etc.) Now, whether he's right or wrong, I cant' even begin to speculate. But actually, I do think this merits "spoiler" over "speculation" status. Its no different from the facetime theory - it's evidence that is found from studying the editing.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-21-01, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This is NOT a Spoiler..."
(Erm, sorry if anyone's getting annoyed. I wasn't going for a debate.)

I know who the guy is. My comment wasn't meant to be interpreted that he in particular is a religious fanatic (it was badly worded =), but that with this theory, he is basically grasping at straws.

I ~don't~ think this deserves spoiler status. Then again, almost nothing does. You'll notice that most people call ideas posted here speculation or theories, and if there is some kind of spoiler from a media outlet, then speculation and theories are developed around that.

If Ethan wins, I still won't consider this of any importance.
Sure, there was an insane amount of time spent on developing this theory; and bravo to the author for the entertaining read, but honestly, none of this really stands out in the episode. And no, I don't expect clues to be obvious. However,
soundclips/screen captures could be pulled out for ~any~ of the 6 left and an entire story could be developed around them in the same interpretive way. I just have to say to end this: I'm not trying to knock TW personally. He's very imaginative and puts a lot of work into his posts - not to mention this theory is a hell of a lot better than anything I could do.

----------------------------------------

"Sometimes your shallowness is so thorough, it's almost like depth." - Daria

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •