The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-06, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
So instead of focusing on losing, this week we will focus on winning

So your pick of the final two for who should win, who will win...

and extra bonus Your Perfect Win. Who from the entire season would be your pick for American Idol.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Was Chris - now it is Taylor imagma 05-24-06 1
 Dial Idol Predictions Snidget 05-24-06 2
   RE: Dial Idol Predictions seahorse 05-24-06 8
       RE: Dial Idol Predictions Reality_Tv_fan_90 05-24-06 48
 TAYLOR singer 05-24-06 3
   RE: TAYLOR tenmeters 05-24-06 4
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... geekboy 05-24-06 5
   Yup Breezy 05-24-06 10
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... emydi 05-24-06 36
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... SOfan0221 05-24-06 44
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... CattyChat 05-24-06 6
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... fra 05-24-06 43
 Taylor brvnkrz 05-24-06 7
   RE: Taylor zombiebaby 05-24-06 9
       RE: Taylor Breezy 05-24-06 11
       RE: Taylor Magalie18 05-24-06 12
       RE: Taylor brvnkrz 05-24-06 13
           RE: Taylor Breezy 05-24-06 14
               RE: Taylor brvnkrz 05-24-06 22
           RE: Taylor Magalie18 05-24-06 16
               RE: Taylor zombiebaby 05-24-06 18
                   RE: Taylor Breezy 05-24-06 20
                   RE: Taylor brvnkrz 05-24-06 24
               RE: Taylor brvnkrz 05-24-06 23
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... Magnolia_Rocker 05-24-06 15
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... opinionated 05-24-06 38
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... archon 05-24-06 17
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... aifan2006 05-24-06 19
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... prosecutor 05-24-06 21
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... Devious Weasel 05-24-06 25
 AOL Poll Snidget 05-24-06 26
   RE: AOL Poll brvnkrz 05-24-06 27
   Local radio station poll Breezy 05-24-06 28
       RE: Local radio station poll brvnkrz 05-24-06 29
           RE: Local radio station poll Breezy 05-24-06 30
               RE: Local radio station poll brvnkrz 05-24-06 31
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... ejm92 05-24-06 32
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... xwraith27 05-24-06 33
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... sica077 05-24-06 51
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... Iconoclastic 05-24-06 34
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... sylvester 05-24-06 35
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... fenway_frank 05-24-06 37
       RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... Captain_Savem 05-24-06 40
           RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... fra 05-24-06 41
               RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... Captain_Savem 05-24-06 42
       RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... BrokenIdol 05-24-06 45
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... fra 05-24-06 39
   RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... crs3192 05-24-06 49
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... gizmo_ber 05-24-06 46
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... pokerguy 05-24-06 47
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... iwannabearealitystar 05-24-06 50
 RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edi... zazzy 05-24-06 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 06:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Was Chris - now it is Taylor"
My pick for the winner was Chris Daughtry. I was sad to see him go. It will all work out in the end and Chris will be a star no matter where he goes or who he is with. At least now he is not bound to a contract and can make his own choice for his future.

Since Chris is no longer in the running for American Idol my choice is Taylor Hicks.

05-24-06, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Dial Idol Predictions"
DialIdol
Rank ....Idol .............DialIdol Score Margin Of Error
1 Taylor Hicks,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 45.583 1.141 -
2 Katharine McPhee,,,,,,,,,, 37.097 1.227 -

Busy percentages

Idol Busy Percent
Taylor Hicks #3 82.297 -
Taylor Hicks 82.088 -
Taylor Hicks #2 82.075 -
Katharine McPhee #3 66.8 -
Katharine McPhee 66.126 -
Katharine McPhee #2 65.069 -

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dial Idol Predictions"
Looks like a sure win for Taylor if these numbers translate into votes.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-24-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Dial Idol Predictions"
Does Dial Idol actually know who got the most/least votes or are they just predictions?

Scott

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-24-06, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "TAYLOR"
will win.

Kat will come second.

I predicted (hoped for) a Taylor/Kat finale, and it happened.

--Singer

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-24-06, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAYLOR"
congratulations????

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-24-06, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
First off, you all know i've been a fan of Taylor's since day one when i saw his audition, so i admit a heavy bias going into this finale. My comments below are truly objective, and not totally due to my bias.

Going into this finale, i truly was nervous. You have two totally different kinds of singers in the finale. You have Katherine who grew up with a "vocal-coach-soccer-mom" and then you have Taylor with simply a God-given gift of a voice who is following his passion in life. It should be a unique night.

In a nutshell, here is how i see the finale performances breaking down.

1 - Kat brought nothing new to the first two songs. Taylor breathed new life into them, and for "LFTC", he kicked it up several notches and brought the house down.
2 - Taylor had fun, Kat looked scared the whole night.
3 - Kat's drecky AI single song sounded like dreck. Taylor took his drecky AI single song and made it a lot less dreckful and actually added some soul to the chorus and made it listenable.

Taylor brought it. Kat did not.

Taylor should and will win AI5.

geekboy

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Yup"
Ditto everything geekboy said.

Yay Taylor!!!!!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
I agree geek, but Dweeze is right...Taylor does not really understand what the first 2 songs he sang were about. He "funked and soul patroled" them out when they shouldn't be....but the last one..it helped that awful crapola...

Taylor will and should win

In a perfect universe where the AI winner that is not run of the mill, ie Chris, is boxed into AI crapola music, I, of course, wanted Chris to win. In the real world, Elliott needed this title the most.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-24-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
I ditto eveything Geekboy said, even about the drecky/less drecky songs.

lol

My vote is for Taylor.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-24-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
I was very happy with the performances, except the dreadful original songs.

Kat performed her two best songs -- I love her Horse & The Cherry Tree and she did another smashing job with SOTR, but since I just heard it last week, it didn't stand out like it should have. Though I still think it's one of the best performances of all seasons (note, not THE best, but one of the best). Unfortunately, her final song was the sucktacular original -- song blew chunks and, unfortunately, it didn't fit her style and her vocals suffered as well.

Taylor was on a role last night, but that didn't surprise me. He picked 2 of his best songs and since they weren't from the last couple of weeks, they stood out yet again. He's born to perform and it comes naturally for him and it shows. His original song was also pathetic, but after the first few bars, he started infusing himself into it and it helped make it less horrible.

I actually like both of these performers and think they're both talented as heck, but Taylor really took the night last night. I threw some votes Kat's way, but mostly focused on Taylor.

Unfortunately, I fear Taylor's win will be a double-edged sword (as it would have been for Chris, too). AI will produce a crappy first album for Taylor, though Taylor will try to pull it off with his stylings. But until he breaks from his contract, like Kelly did, only then will Taylor hit his stride. I'll be waiting for that day.

So, Taylor Should & Will Win!! Kat will receive a call from Tommy Mattola who will help her polish her style and come out with a great album.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

fra 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fra Click to send private message to fra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Hillary Duff sounded better than catty. You are not serious and Kelly Clarkson song is getting air time. Fansasia songs is getting air time. Ruben songs is getting air time or was. So her demo single Cd was rotten. SO her mon may taught her the basics but she had no voice. She sounded ok when she sang ballards. Ballards do not sell cd's a good comtempoary sound plus a good voice like Kelly's will sell albums.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Taylor"
I would prefer that Kat or Chris would have been the final two though.

One nation under George, divided.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Taylor"
Yah I wish Kat were in the final two also.

05-24-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Taylor"
Good thing she's pretty.

Magalie18 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magalie18 Click to send private message to Magalie18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Taylor"
I'm glad she's not in the final two

05-24-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Taylor"
*glare* That's not what I meant you poopoo faces. That goes for you who responded to her, too. *evil glare*

05-24-06, 09:18 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Taylor"
I understood you, you wanted a final two of Kat and Chris. I've learned how to speak blond(e). *grin*

What? I shouldn't say you're pretty? (especially in your prairie dress)

05-24-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Taylor"
It's a very complicated language, isn't it? And it only took you 2 1/2 years to learn.

I do look good in my prairie skirt, don't I. I know the cowboy hat really makes the outfit.

Magalie18 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magalie18 Click to send private message to Magalie18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Taylor"
First of all, I figured out what you meant. I was just kidding.

Second of all, who are you calling poopoo faces? You deserve a warning

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Taylor"
When you look that good in a prarie skirt you can say anything.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

05-24-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Taylor"
I think it's her hat that makes the outfit.

I'd offer you a jello shot, zombs.... butt.... anyone else want one?

05-24-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Taylor"
That's sort of my feeling too.

05-24-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Taylor"
I AM due for a warning. It's been a couple of years.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-24-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

Should and Will is Taylor.

My Want: CHRIS! I'm glad he didn't though as stated above, it's better for him this way.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

etf spelling

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Agree--should and will win, Taylor

Wanted to win--Chris, but probably better off that he didn't.

Would've loved an Elliot/Chris finale. I don't know what I would've done, since I'm in Richmond and loved Elliot.

On a different note, local stations have been playing Elliot's version of "Trouble" and it sounds truly fantastic on the radio.

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Overall for the season - I would still choose Chris.

Unfortunately for Kat, she showed why the difference in maturity matters at this point in the competition.

They each did their own 2 best songs - and they did them well. I liked all 4 of them.

But then the AI Drivel showed its ugly head at the end. Both songs were embarrasing (not the performances, the songs). The lyrics were laughable. And they brough out the "Rueben Studdard Dancers" --- why? did they think we would be distracted?

I was physically uncomfortable watching Kat swallow the poop-sandwich that AI forced upon her. Hideous. Absolutely Hideous... And then we have Taylor and his poop-sandwich. Admittedly - it was a higher quality poop. But his maturity and experience allowed him to pour on the ketchup, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and a nice toasted bun. He acutally made it swallow-able. That's maturity. That's experience.

That is why a Chris/Taylor finale would have been better -- both have the experience to take AI poop and make it (somewhat) edible. Kat does not yet. She has the talent, but not the maturity yet.

Therefore, Taylor should and will win. But, I am looking forward to buying a Kat CD in a few years...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Taylor will win because he is the more experience singer and proved from that last terrible song he can make something out of nothing, Kat is not experienced enough to be able to do that yet. I think they are both winners, I have no doubt with Kat's beauty and singing voice she will be able to do anything she wants, Taylor to me is a genious when it comes to pleasing the audience, he is the going to have to record AI songs under his contract so he will get alot of experience making crappy song sounds better then they are, assuming he wins.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-24-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Taylor deserves the win. He has proved himself
to be an awesome performer. When the choir came
out to backup Kat, she just stood there singing,
she didn't even turn to slightly get into it
with them, man it was boring to watch her sing
that sucky song, and when she had to go down looow
ewwww, what were the songwriters thinking.
Taylor brought the house down, and when the choir
came to back him up he got into it with them
and I'm sure so did some of us in the home audience.

Taylor Hicks should win and deserves to win.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Should Win Based On Last Night - Taylor

Should Win Based On Overall Performances And Talent - Kat

Perfect Winner - Elliott

05-24-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
26. "AOL Poll"
Katharine had been ahead most of the week leading up to last night.

Today, Taylor is coming out as picked to win.

No numbers so hard to know by what margin and all.

05-24-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
27. "RE: AOL Poll"
IMO, it was their last song that made me lean towards Taylor. If they had ended just doing the first two songs, I would have felt that Kat had a better night. But her song was just awful. His wasn't much better but it WAS better and had more energy. And since he closed the show, I think that is what will stick in the minds of those who were previously undecided.

05-24-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
28. "Local radio station poll"
this morning, every.single.person said they voted for Taylor.

05-24-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Local radio station poll"
Same with my radio station.

05-24-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Local radio station poll"
Really? Now that surprises me since you're a Cali girl.

05-24-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Local radio station poll"
I know. But I think I read somewhere here that Kat wasn't really getting the hometown vote. Not that SF is her hometown but we are from the same state.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-24-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
I look forward to attending Taylor's concerts and buying his albums...and I look forward to illegally downloading one or two decent singles from Kat's sure-to-be-boring album. I look to see her on Broadway within three years (that's not a bad thing - she's a self-proclaimed theatre geek and I think that's where she'll end up). I've been thinking all along that Kat's SOTR would sound great on Broadway.

Taylor Hicks - Idol '06

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Should win: Chris Elliott Taylor
Will win: Taylor

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
agreed, xwraith27

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
SOUL PATROL!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Should win: Taylor

Will win: Taylor

Who I've wanted to win from day 1: Taylor

I will be shocked if they mention the vote tally tonight. I think Taylor won by a landslide.

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
come on....seriously.....Taylors a novelty act just like the she-bangs clown.....Taylor is old annoying and everything he sings sounds the same...his dancing isnt quirky or funny its sad and pathetic...I thought this was a singing competition...if it was the tourette's spokeperson for 2006 competition...taylor gmv..

Come on you guys heard SOTR again last night....Kat has an amazing voice...Taylors already a washed up has been...

should win....KAT
will win...KAT

should go away...taylor
will go away...taylor who?

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-24-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
I agree up to the point where you said Kat will win. She won't. But then she really doesn't need to. She has the exposure she needed, and I have no doubt she'll be successful in whatever she does. Let's be honest, she was a long shot to win in the finals before last night's show. And like a challenger in a title fight going into the 12th round behind on the scorecards, she needed a knockout and she just didn't get it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

05-24-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fra Click to send private message to fra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 03:53 PM (EST)

Win come on you are joking right if this was a 12 round fight she would lose unmamous decison. Look she sang over the rainbow
that would have made JudyGarland cringe in her grave. I wonder if Liza was cringing as well Judy's daughter. It was over 67 yrs ago Judy was 12 years old when she sang it.She was show boating and at least you are right she wo'nt win. At least she wo'nt go far to travel home when they annouce talyor hicks as american idol 5th winner. She has a tour with the 12 and a CD that will never sell. At least she can sell commericals and do a Billboards for sneakers like Carrie Underwood is doing.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-24-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
She's not without "talent" in other areas. I think that is something we all can agree on...

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

BrokenIdol 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrokenIdol Click to send private message to BrokenIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Okay, all in all, I think this was the best season yet. U could make a case for any of the top 5 winning. Kat and Paris - talent, Chris and Elliot - unique, and Taylor - the best all around entertainer of the bunch. But U could see the judges kinda easing it all towards Taylor for the last several weeks.
Should win:
Taylor
Will win:
Taylor
And my favorite for the whole season was Katharine. I think she would have won if she hadn't become so gunshy because of the continual criticism from Paula and Randy. I look forward to buying the Taylor, Kat, Chris, and Elliot cd's soon.

05-24-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

ok back in jan talyor hicks came in charlotte nc with the harmonica and he did not impress simon not that much. Okay he had the voice and the dancing i was not sold on. To my dismay america disappointed me. I thought paris bennent of atl was going to win,and she got votted off. okay until the near end of the competion eloit yamin stayed on and he could not sing worth a penny. i hope the people in richmond va do not hate me. i am upset because chris daugtrey was tearing it up night after night. now how in the world that cathrine mcphee of la got in the finals.OH COME ON i am tone deaf and i am not appolizing but she could not sing. she carried on like a rookie show gril. she barley hit a note. At least last year winner carrie underwood had more talent than catherine. Talyor hicks will win as predicted.
as for the judges randy jackson needs to tell the truth and stop with the pitchy sound mess. He came up from strach i rather not go there. he is no voice coach. Paula needs to pay attention and stop boozing up and be more truthful too. As for SimonCowell well Simon will be him self at times i was agreeing with him and at times he was full of him self.
Other than that it was a good sixteen weeks.
Oh as for Rayan Seacrest get a personality man.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
First of all, I want to stick up for Katharine. There have been so many people saying Taylor should win. Are you joking? He is a fun performer (sometimes - at other times he's just annoying) but he CANNOT sing. I'm not exaggerating. He just does his little spastic movement and the crowd goes wild. Soon enough, he will get boring and he will wear off. Now Katharine, she has pure talent. She doesn't need to roll around the stage and make herself look like a COMPLETE FOOL to make the audience and judges happy. She has an incredible voice and I have wanted her to win from the beginning.

Look at last year. Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood were the final two. I heard everyone saying that Bo was going to win because of his amazing talent and performances. Now, no disrespect to Bo because he was fantastic but now lookie there. Remind me who won? Oh yeah! It was Carrie!

Carrie is not just doing Sketchers commercials. She is extremely succesful with her new album "Some Hearts" in the country section.

I really hope Katharine will win!

gizmo_ber 337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gizmo_ber Click to send private message to gizmo_ber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Taylor will win, and America will have it's spastic garbler doing national karoke. Kat will probably be like Clay Aiken and produce one CD that does well and a couple singles before she wears off. Chris will be the most successful of them all with his rock thing.

Would the real mogwai please stand up?

pokerguy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pokerguy Click to send private message to pokerguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
I put a good deal money on Taylor to win this about 2 months ago. I fully expect tonight to have a very large payday about 9:50 pm. This is truely a great country when I can make a 200% profit for watching a tv show.

http://the-peacemaker.blogspot.com/

iwannabearealitystar 592 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iwannabearealitystar Click to send private message to iwannabearealitystar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
Without peeking at the rest of this thread--here's my theory on why Taylor will win (any or all of these reasons will suffice!).

1) He was never in the bottom 3. Katherine was, a few times (can't recall how many, but at least twice). That leads me to believe he has a stronger, more loyal fan base.

2) He is the CLASSIC underdog, not great looking and kinda weird (Soul patrol!), but very, very endearing. Plus Simon gave him no shot. We love that!

3) He's from the south. Just about every Idol winner and runner up has been Southern/Southwestern (Kelly-TX, Reuban-AL, Clay-NC, Fantasia-NC, Diana-GA, Carrie-OK, Bo-AL) Taylor is also from Alabama. (Justin was from Philly--well, actually Doylestown--close enough and Kat is a California girl). I think there is clearly enough evidence to support another straight up Southern winner. They vote in droves and are loyal to their contestant. Which explains Kellie Pickler!

4) It was totally manipulated in his direction, for 2 reasons. The first reason is that I am convinced Idol is determined to have a "winner" in all categories. "White Girl" (Kelly), "Black Guy" (Reuban), "Black Girl" (Fantasia) and "White Guy". Thus covering all of the bases, so to speak. I honestly think they had their hopes set on Bo as the "White Guy" winner, but got Carrie instead. With Chris out (which would make this a no brainer)-they want Taylor. Which leads me to manipulation reason number 2: Heaps of praise from the judges (I can always tell where this is headed by the way the judges treat them), the craptastic song Kat had to sing, (I know someone (sort of) who made the semis of Idol and they are pretty much TOLD what to sing--they don't REALLY pick the song. Of course the contestants ultimately get blamed for thier choices! This thing IS manipulated, albeit slyly) and, obviously, the "Big Finish" complete with a Gospel choir. Lets face it, William Hung would sound good with huge instrumentals and a dancing choir behind him. Really.

5) votefortheworst says so.

Okay, that last one was a joke (maybe?) but reasons 1-4, I believe, are valid. I guess we will know at 10pm EST! But, mark my words, Soul Patrol's got it.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-24-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Should Win/Will Win Finale Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 07:17 PM (EST)

Taylor all the way, all three categories. I look forward to his fabulous career and the impact he will have on many still to come. Taylor has singlehandedly reminded a bunch of music execs that those of us over 21 want to buy music, too, and we want something with some feeling! Not rap, not techno-pop remix remake of some 70's or 80's song...but something with a little bit o' soul (now that's from the 60's I think but you get my drift).

And here it is:

LITTLE BIT O'SOUL Lyrics

The Ramones

Now when you're feelin' low and the fish
Won't bite you need a little bit o'soul
To put you right you gotta make like you
Wanna kneel and pray and then a little
Bit o'soul will come your way

Now when your girl has gone and you're
Broke in two you need a little bit o'soul
To see you through and when you raise the roof
With your rock and roll you'll get a lot
More kicks with a little bit o'soul

And if your party falls 'cause there's
Nobody groovin' a little bit o'soul and
It really starts movin', yeah!

Now when you're in a mess and you feel
Like cryin' just remember this little
Song of mine and as you walk through life
Tryin' to reach your goal remember what
I say 'bout a little bit o'soul

And if your party falls 'cause there's
Nobody groovin' a little bit o'soul and
It really starts movin', yeah!

A little bit o'soul A little bit o'soul
A little bit o'soul

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •