The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-08-03, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-03 AT 05:53 PM (EST)

TARGAY Journal, Week Two
By Larry Johnson

By popular request, this is my SHORT weekly column on The Amazing Race 4, reminiscent of my critically-lauded series entitled Gay Survivor Journal. It will be posted here every Saturday, and is a Basherboard exclusive! For a catalogue of all my Reality TV Rants, please check out my website at http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com

FASHION CITATION

With citation-hog Debra now out of the picture, this week’s citation is awarded to Steve and Dave, who managed to look even more farcical than necessary in their Commedia Dell’Arte garb. Dave donned a stunning mint green tunic and a blue and yellow felt hat, while Steve was seen in a fetching brown robe and a jaunty royal blue cap. Neither seemed to fit very well… and I couldn’t help but think that the troupe simply didn’t have costumes big enough for our horizontally-challenged tin-pushers. Now THIS is comedy!

A special non-contestant Citation is awarded to the ‘traditionally-attired’ Venice greeter, who looked frighteningly fey in his blonde curly wig, fuchsia hat, purple silk vest, Liberace white lace dickey, thin black N’SYNCH facial hair, and purple/pink/yellow coat.

ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT OF THE WEEK
Reichen’s nicknames for Father/Son team Steve and Josh (he called them “Weezer and Geezer”) were hysterical but severe; Kelly’s anti-blonde bash (“How can the blondes find it before us?”) was accurate but bitchy; and Steve’s judgment of Jon’s hill slide (“What a f'ing idiot!”) was appropriate but unnecessarily cruel.

But the funniest diss of the week earns an attitude adjustment for Chris, as he insensitively assessed Steve and Dave’s strongman gondolier: “Your guy rocks, man! Paddling that boat with your two heavy asses in there!”

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Josh’s “Oh, hold me, I’m so scared daddy!” reminded me of Willy Wonka’s spoiled Veruca Salt (little-girlish voice and British accent included.)

LOOK OF THE WEEK
In a rainy episode, where everyone was forced into frumpy wet-weather wear, Monica and Sheree stood out from the pack in their red track pants, neon yellow/black ski jackets, red/black backpacks, and chunky black turtlenecks. Talk about color coordination!

DIVA OF THE WEEK
Reichen and Chip had a Diva moment at the entrance to the Masquerade Ball, choosing to ‘be seen’ instead of ‘seeing.’ Wisely, they camped out (in their flashy silver metallic sleeping bags) instead of touring Venice. This ambitious choice ensured their early entrance, and earned them ‘team #2’ status at the Pit Stop.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO Red_Dobie 06-08-03 1
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO SaphireLady 06-08-03 2
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO anotherkim 06-08-03 3
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO Bebo 06-09-03 4
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO Breezy 06-09-03 5
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO L82LIFE 06-09-03 6
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO katem 06-09-03 7
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO GeorgiaBelle 06-09-03 8
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO PlumBlossom 06-10-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Red_Dobie 731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-08-03, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red_Dobie Click to send private message to Red_Dobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Great to see you back, Larry. Hopefully, they'll send them someplace warm next week so those parkas come off!

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-08-03, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-03, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Thank you!

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--still laughing at Wheezer and Geezer

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Short but oh so very sweet. Totally agree with your quote of the week choice - Josh had me howling.

Thanks so much!

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
That greeter guy was just way tooo scary.....
Thanks Larry, loved it!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Not one, but two journals in the same day!!! I feel like I hit the laugh-out-loud lottery.

Dead-on and hilarious-as usual!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-09-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Loved it Larry. Thanks for the effort

TAR PTTE Defending Champion

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-09-03, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-03 AT 11:38 PM (EST)

Larry, as always, awesome job. Great work. I love it.

Good friends are like stars....You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-10-03, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - EPISODE TWO"
Loved it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •