The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Congradulations to everyone who picked right !!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-20-01, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Congradulations to everyone who picked right !!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

We had 27 people pick the correct bootee this wekk. I will not reveal who the Bootee was, because it is still playing on the west coast at this time, but I want to list the people who got the Boot correct. I, again, am not one of those who voted correctly. I don't know if I'll ever get one right. Congradulations to those who did...

FFantasyFX, bergdogg, Tatina, Canada Girl, gorudygo, esquire, FesterFan1, vulcan, Rose Red, BaquaR13, VampKira, Tatina, lionsroar, dangerboy, MattyMax, katethegreat, plotta, drich61, Bobbystareyes, Jizzy, Swami, Sexy Spearchucker, specie, Survorerist,
DALTON
bond007
soulLurvivor_23

Could any of you guys start a thread about how to read MB's mind?
Naked

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 But... AyaK 12-20-01 1
   RE: But... Serendipity 12-20-01 2
       The Mind of MB Rose Red 12-20-01 3
           RE: The Mind of MB dabo 12-20-01 4
               RE: The Mind of MB Rose Red 12-21-01 6
                   RE: The Mind of MB sleeeve 12-21-01 12
 RE: Congradulations to everyone who... FFantasyFX 12-20-01 5
 RE: Congradulations to everyone who... Tatina 12-21-01 7
 RE: Congradulations to everyone who... Naked 12-21-01 8
   RE: Congradulations to everyone who... bondt007 12-21-01 9
 nothing special here....pure emotio... drich61 12-21-01 10
   Kelly- Spoileraholic Rose Red 12-21-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-01, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "But..."
> Could any of you guys start a thread about how to read MB's mind?

...But please hold off starting that thread until after midnight, OK?

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-01, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: But..."
Just want to add congratulations to the spoilers of the board. you rule.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-20-01, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The Mind of MB"
Occum's razor? Is that the most logical or most obvious choice? Where does that charming phrase come from? I went to Beauty School and it's not a barbering term, that's for sure. I guess for the sake of the West Coast, I won't say who went, so I'll just refer to that person as THE BOOTEE. It was so obvious to me. Everybody on this board thought it was another person. Well, I kept thinking about THE OTHER PERSON all day and it just didn't seem logical at all.
Why would they get rid of THIS OTHER PERSON now? There was no reason to.At least right now.

When you're out there in the veldt you do the most obvious thing, althought there are SOME curve balls that MB throws us - like double whammy of Kelly and Brandon BOTH switching teams.
THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE winner this week totally surprised me. But then some one else(this is getting really complicated now, not naming names)who could've won this thing, I think, didn't. Was the immunity challenge game thrown again? Hmmmm....

However, what EPMB had this week was a Diane/Linda/Lindsey situation in terms of the BOOTEE. So he just laid it all out there in plain sight, another of the late Dame Agatha Christie's techniques. You can't say he didn't tell us about this one coming a mile off. Of course, he also did EVERYTHING in this power to prevent this weeks conclusion from coming to pass, just like he did with Clarence, but then Clarence totally toasted himself, and so did this week's BOOTEE especially in that last major monologue that was delivered on the morning of the TC.

The way EPMB did create confusion was through READING THIS BOARD and more specifically Out Front Girl. I think he bases the whole editing of the show now on her "rules". Or at least a way to keep US all guessing - WRONG.

As some said about Lindsey, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." It was one of those weeks. Next week's isn't so simple.

This week all the old fashioned Ogakoring and Pagonging came back into play.

I couldn't believe all the misreading of the obvious this week and that this OTHER PERSON was the Pick-of-the-week. I think EPMB(or his team) is now s***wing with our spoilers' heads. Why? Just because he CAN!

And the fact that one of OFG's "rules" was blatantly broken this week, seems a direct slam, or credit, to Survivorblows.

EPMB is very smart, tasteful showman and a very, very perverse person. He's a died-in-the-wool sadist. And he LOVES torturing the contestants(obviously) and the audience, too.
And now, us, too.

He's also a TV PRODUCER, which means he's always got his eye on the bottom line. Which is - always - Am I cancelled? Or am I renewed?
He's been renewed.

There's also another unwritten rule about television, which is that after five years it gets tired. Everyone in the industry knows this and is running scared of, if they love me today, will they still love me tomorrow? To borrow a tune from the Shirelles...
Television is made of "burstable bubble" material to paraphrase ##### Cavett.

Although he's hit the heights with S1 and S2, the ratings have slipped, unfortunately, for this one. But WE still are rabid about it, so I think his and his staffs' perusal of this board is his trying to keep up with US, the most dedicated viewers. He knows if he can delight and confound US at the same time, he'll be doing that to the rest of the vast television audience.

When I try to figure him a lot of what he does is what I would do, too, who do a weekly television show myself. I also try to think what would Alfred Hitchcock do? But more than Hitchcock he's Dame Agatha Christie. And I try to think what would Dame Agatha do?

You've got to keep the audience tuned in. It's so easy to switch a dial these days. Just press a button and it's "Friends."

Watch for the next Survivor to be the most glamorous, telegenic, romantic ever, and have the most attractive players.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-01, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Mind of MB"
Well, I hope you're correct about MB having a better cast for S4 than S3, but he had his cast for S4 picked prior to S3 taking a hit in ratings.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

12-21-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Mind of MB"
Dabo,
You're right. He did cast it BEFORE the ratings slip. Did he cast it BEFORE Sept.11, though? That's the other big factor.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-21-01, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Mind of MB"
>Did he cast it BEFORE Sept.11,
>though? That's the other big factor.

Reports seem to indicate that they were in the middle of the casting process when the tragedy occured. In fact... the interviews *could* have been scheduled in New York during the week of Sept. 11.

Clearly, the final interviews had to be re-scheduled, and consequently the cast was determined AFTER the Sept. 11 tragedy.

You never know what might be up my sleeve...

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-20-01, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Congradulations to everyone who picked right !!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 00:05 AM (EST)

I'm going to give credit where credit is due. At the beginning of this week I was ready to pick Ethan (Hehe . . . perhaps I should start a thread on how to read Teresa's mind; us devious Georgians think alike), but after reading OFG's excellent analysis on what had to happen for Kelly to get to like Frank, I was swayed.

Unfortunately, OFG eventually was swayed by other sources. I'd personally like to thank everyone subscribed to Survivor Insider for not posting it in one cohesive unit on this board for me to peruse, otherwise I would have had second and third thoughts about Frank going myself. I can thank lack of information for my first correct pick since Lindsey.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-21-01, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Congradulations to everyone who picked right !!!"
My motto is: "Just keep it simple". And I have a killer gut !

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-21-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Congradulations to everyone who picked right !!!"
My apologies to these three guys.
DALTON
bond007
soulLurvivor_23

I missed you guys when I gave Kudos for the Frank pick last night. I have updated the original post to include you guys also, and I'll be reading your posts to get some insight that I obviously don't have yet.

As a side note, congradulations to everyone on this board this year. It has been the hardest year by far to predict, and information just doesn't seem to be leaking like it used to. Lets keep the speculation and spoiling rolling...
Naked

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-21-01, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Congradulations to everyone who picked right !!!"
Thanks for the somewhat "lucky" kudos. It was hard not to pick the bootee that some of my favorits on this site (K -Boy, Sleeve, AK, and others)picked. The only thing I want to say is that the first-juror-"friends"-comments seems to be two for two. Something to remember during S-4.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-21-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "nothing special here....pure emotion"
I picked Frank this week because I like Brandon, so I wanted Frank to go. Which is also why I picked KimP and Tom to go next. I do NOT want these three anywhere near the final 2 money, I could live with any of the other four getting it but not these three.

BUT

The more that I see the more it looks like my boot order of F/KP/T/KJ/TB/L/E might actually happen. Frank and KimP going makes Kelly's list complete, we also know she likes Tom so he could follow. For Teresa to make the master manipulator list she has to make it past at least one probably two Old Boran. For her to make it past Lex would not put her on that list either, Tom and KimJ may be reversed on my list, but that seems to be the only area it may be wrong. Yes, we have seen Teresa be manipulative this week, and in next weeks previews, but Kelly has NO evidance of this yet. I really think this ends with one popular person against one unpopular for Kelly to be sure she knows who wins, i.e. Lex and Ethan.

EPMB had no choice but to show us the Lex, Ethan connection in that goat reward. Since then he has been trying to show us that Ethan is closer to Tom than he is to Lex, but that is not the final two. He told us this week to watch the reward for hidden pairings (Ethan and Tom). We have seen Ethan and Tom talking these past two weeks against Lex. The biggest thing EPMB has given us is setting up the visit from Ethan to Tom's home town for a MEDIA EVENT. There is NO way two players still in the game would have set something like this up on their own, this was way different than two friends getting together for a quiet get together. This was planned by EPMB, to divert us from the true final two for a twosome that does not go all the way, or esle there is a lawsuit coming. This is the same as showing us this woman's alliance thing, it doesn't happen either.

12-21-01, 10:14 PM (EST)
11. "Kelly- Spoileraholic"
>I picked Frank this week because
>I like Brandon, so I
>wanted Frank to go. Which
>is also why I picked
>KimP and Tom to go
>next. I do NOT want
>these three anywhere near the
>final 2 money, I could
>live with any of the
>other four getting it but
>not these three.
>
But I think Kim P. was hidden for so long for a good reason. She may win it. We can't predict her because we've seen so little of her, JUST LIKE TINA in S2. I don't think she deserves it, by any means. But she's been so UTR. And both Carl and Linda said that they wished they had gotten to know her better. WHY?

>The more that I see the
>more it looks like my
>boot order of F/KP/T/KJ/TB/L/E might
>actually happen. Frank and KimP
>going makes Kelly's list complete,
>we also know she likes
>Tom so he could follow.

Kelly is SUCH an DAW, I'm sorry, but she created her own list to get- I'm not kidding - more BOARD time after her boot and 15 minutes were up. She figured, Lurker that she has admitted to be,
"If Diane can keep her name and memory going LONNNNG after she's gone, why can't I?" So she made up her own misleading list. However there is SOME truth in what she said. Like she SEEMED to know Lex and Tom in a more sympathetic way. Of course, she WAS on their team so she knows them very well, indeed, having been switched with them. She also said, that she'd vote for a Samburu over a Boron, because the Boron betrayed her. Implying that SOMEBODY from Samburu makes it to the final two. Of course, that also could be complete See-B.S.
What I DID believe was her hostility towards her old Boron tribesmembers. It was really chilling. Maybe she DOESN'T have a choice and the final two are Ethan and Mk, whom she HATES. Her unresolved feelings towards MK shocked me. And I believed them. Her FUN AT THE LODGE could be translated into FUN ON THE BOARDS. She's a spoileraholic. She likes to create spoilers, create confusion, create drama = get attention any way she can before S4 goes on the air and upstages ALLLL these people.

>For Teresa to make the
>master manipulator list she has
>to make it past at
>least one probably two Old
>Boran. For her to make
>it past Lex would not
>put her on that list
>either, Tom and KimJ may
>be reversed on my list,
>but that seems to be
>the only area it may
>be wrong. Yes, we have
>seen Teresa be manipulative this
>week, and in next weeks
>previews, but Kelly has NO
>evidance of this yet. I
>really think this ends with
>one popular person against one
>unpopular for Kelly to be
>sure she knows who wins,
>i.e. Lex and Ethan.
>
>EPMB had no choice but to
>show us the Lex, Ethan
>connection in that goat reward.
>Since then he has been
>trying to show us that
>Ethan is closer to Tom
>than he is to Lex,
>but that is not the
>final two. He told us
>this week to watch the
>reward for hidden pairings (Ethan
>and Tom). We have seen
>Ethan and Tom talking these
>past two weeks against Lex.
>The biggest thing EPMB has
>given us is setting up
>the visit from Ethan to
>Tom's home town for a
>MEDIA EVENT. There is NO
>way two players still in
>the game would have set
>something like this up on
>their own, this was way
>different than two friends getting
>together for a quiet get
>together. This was planned by
>EPMB, to divert us from
>the true final two for
>a twosome that does not
>go all the way, or
>esle there is a lawsuit
>coming. This is the same
>as showing us this woman's
>alliance thing, it doesn't happen
>either.

I agree with all of this.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •