The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Semis & Final Thread 2012"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Current Message

dabo 26136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-12, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012"
Yes, it does depend on their performances, and I tend to break it into categories.

dance
Academy of Villains
The Scott Brothers
Turf

This is a tough one, though I think the Scotts are the better, more disciplined dancers. But the Villains have the personnel to do the bigger production, while Turf has his phenominal contortionist ability. Too close to call.

singers
Andrew De Leon
Bria Kelly
Edon

The real kid in this group, Edon, wouldn't stand a chance against the singers in the next semi, though I expect he will turn in a competent performance. Andrew does have a phenominal instrument, though untrained, and his inexperience as a performer is a serious drawback. Bria has the package, good voice and knows how to perform, but is still in the amateur ranks, climbing the ladder. If Bria makes a good song choice she could take it this week in this category, otherwise Andrew has the edge with his unique gift.

comedy
Todd Oliver and Irving
Tom Cotter

It will come down to material, and Todd unfortunately has only one week between performances to devise a new routine. He has a great gimmick, though, and should do well. Tom is pure stand-up, with great timing and delivery, and so should do better. Comedy is risky, however, and in a politically charged climate if either touches the third rail and offends either extremes on the right or the left, game over.

and the rest
Donovan & Rebecca
Eric Dittelman
Joe Castillo
William Close

I think William is the clear stand-out in this group who has already proven he has an act potentially worthy of a Vegas show in itself. Still, he does need to find a way to step it up, not do yet another variation of what we've seen before. Donovan & Rebecca are strong contendors who could potentially steal it away from William. Eric, though a competent mesmerist and performer, has most likely reached the end of his run. Which leaves Joe, who unfortunately is at the mercy of the directors and cameramonkeys. I think Joe could do very well but only if the directors and monkeys let it be a steady shot on the art in progress so the audience at home can actually follow what is happening, feel the magic.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Semis & Final Thread 2012   dabo     08-24-12       
   Final Weel Info   dabo     08-26-12     1  
   RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012   frankz     08-27-12     2  
     RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012   dabo     08-28-12     3  
   Semi #1 8/28/12   dabo     08-29-12     4  
     RE: Semi #1 8/28/12   susang     08-29-12     5  
     RE: Semi #1 8/28/12   frankz     08-29-12     6  
     Results   dabo     08-30-12     7  
   Semi #2 9/4/12   dabo     09-05-12     8  
     RE: Semi #2 9/4/12   susang     09-05-12     9  
         RE: Semi #2 9/4/12   frankz     09-06-12     10  
     RE: Semi #2 9/4/12   frankz     09-06-12     11  
     Results   dabo     09-07-12     12  
   Rate the Finalists   dabo     09-07-12     13  
     RE: Rate the Finalists   dabo     09-09-12     14  
         RE: Rate the Finalists   susang     09-10-12     15  
   Top6 Final 9/12   dabo     09-13-12     16  
     Results   dabo     09-14-12     17  
         RE: Results   frankz     09-14-12     18  
             Season 7 -- Final Thoughts   susang     09-15-12     19  
         RE: Results   Max Headroom     09-17-12     20  
             RE: Results   dabo     09-17-12     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •