Yeah, that was disappointing. But Howie’s predicition was correct. He preferred William Close.
"I do . I actually do. I think William Close, the guy that plays the Earth harp, is the guy I'd put my money on if I have to invest. I don't think the audience is going to pick him. I think the audience is going to pick Olate Dogs or Tom Cotter because it's easier for them to connect with a human being or dogs," Mandel said during a Wednesday morning appearance on NBC's Today show.
All 6 acts did a good job, this was hard but my picks were
06. The Untouchables, dance troupe. Very talented kids, they’ll go far. This wasn’t a good performance.
05. Olate Dogs, trick dogs. Very good but limited. The dogs all do the same tricks, over and over. 10 minutes of them is more than enough.
04. David Garibaldi & His CMYK's, performance art/dance. I like him and would go see him but only one can win.
03. Joe Castillo, performance art. I really like him. I’ve said a few times he should team up with William Close. Now THAT would be a show.
02. William Close and the Earth Harp Collective. He has been my favorite since day 1. But I think Tom Cotter was better in the finals. I would certainly pay to see them. The judges keep mentioning how much better this is live. I hope I find out some day.
01. Tom Cotter, comedian. He is very talented and I can’t believe he has not been “discovered” yet. I actually enjoyed his bit with Joan Rivers (who I can’t stand). The door is open for him now. He’ll make much more than the $25,000 a year (before taxes) the winner gets. (Yep, it’s $1,000,000 over 40 years). He’s been a favorite all season and moved into my first place after the finals.
A great season. No singers in the final. I hope all of the judges come back but we already know Sharon won’t. Howard isn’t sure he will be back either. He has commented (several times) that the schedule was a lot more hectic than he anticipated. He’s “weighing his options.”
Dabo - Thanks for the timely and informative updates. See you next season.