The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

OMGIM40 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-27-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OMGIM40 Click to send private message to OMGIM40 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I originally put this in a post under "compromised", but I decided to put this issue out there.

From what I've been reading, I'm not the only one that is disappointed with the season and thinking that it has become commercial/fake. I was thinking they need to back to basics:

Have the show move to a working farm. Have only a modest farm house and chores to do every morning (feeding the animals, gardening and gathering eggs, etc.). Also, minimal camera crew and production.
In addition the women would be only those requiring intensive therapy such as: rape, molestation, spousal abuse, etc.

1)No make-up
2)No messing with hairdos
3)No Mirrors
4)Everyone wears the same thing, like scrubs.
5)Minimal phone use.

I think that in that kind of environment the women would really work on the inside, instead of working the cameras and taking things for granted in the Lap of Luxury in a Mansion.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! golfinmom 10-27-05 1
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! OMGIM40 10-27-05 2
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! AshLanie 10-28-05 3
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! Labyrinth 10-29-05 7
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! AshLanie 10-28-05 4
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! frogfan72 11-03-05 24
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! rileybean 10-28-05 5
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! OMGIM40 10-28-05 6
       RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! carolynl 11-03-05 18
           RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! rileybean 11-03-05 20
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! OMGIM40 10-31-05 8
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! TashaLuv 11-01-05 9
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! StylinGirl 11-01-05 10
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! shayshay1 11-01-05 11
       RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! princes110 11-01-05 13
   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! OMGIM40 11-01-05 12
       RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! Pixeltalk 11-02-05 14
           RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! Reba88 11-03-05 15
               RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! legacymom 11-03-05 16
                   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! Pixeltalk 11-03-05 17
                   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! carolynl 11-03-05 19
                   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! janethappygirl 11-03-05 21
                   RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! OMGIM40 11-03-05 22
 RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged! frogfan72 11-03-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

golfinmom 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-27-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail golfinmom Click to send private message to golfinmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Martha Stewart just left the place you are describing .

10-27-05, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OMGIM40 Click to send private message to OMGIM40 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I am LMAO!! That is too funny. Thanks for the good laugh golfin. I didn't even think of that!!

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-05, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
>Martha Stewart just left the place
>you are describing .

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! too funny

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-29-05, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Also sounds like The Simple Life with Paris Hilton

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-05, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Well, I've always said from day one that the ladies are conduled with living in a mansion etc.

And once the show moved to CA it seems to have gotton worse.

I wouldn't go as far as having a dress code etc but the working farm is a good idea.

I can picture it now: Kim, season two, with that there name brand purse scooping up horse maure. chuckling

I feel the ladies are given far too much free time. They are always either playing cards and or checkers it seems. And some have even complained about not having an assignment on any given day.

frogfan72 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogfan72 Click to send private message to frogfan72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
LOl about kim shovelling manure into her louie purse. Spelling? I am not spoiled so I can't even spell the damn brand. lol
love frogfan72

rileybean 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-28-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rileybean Click to send private message to rileybean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Spot on!! Get these women out of their safe element and into an environment where their actions/input are required for the group to thrive. Strip them down so they can work to their potential. I would also advocate for them to get connected to their community in a meaningful way - cloistering them away would not help them to find their own resources and support systems.

I don't think, however, that the LCs should be anywhere near women needing intensive therapy - they are better suited to women with "lighter" issues (I don't like to put people's issues into degrees - I just don't think that their methods + tv makes for good therapy). Women like Kim and Layne would be perfect candidates, IMO.

10-28-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Good Point (re: lighter issues) riley! You are exactly right, there LCs are not suited to handle those issues appropriately at all.

Thanks for all the great input ladies! Maybe we can fix that darned show! Hmmm.

carolynl 83 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carolynl Click to send private message to carolynl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I don't think I would want to watch a show where they focused on spoiled ladies that could probably resolve their issues outside of the SO house, i.e. Kim and Layne.

I think Rachal's (season #2) caliber of issues are the type that they should work on. Even Lisa if she was really willing to totally commit herself to changing.

As far as the boot camp approach, I don't think they should be sending the ladies for manicures and spa days, however, I do agree that they need a more structured regime. Farm work, no way! I think there wouldn't be a lot of city people signing up and that wouldn't be any fun.

rileybean 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-03-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rileybean Click to send private message to rileybean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Unfortunately, therapy isn't suppose to be fun - it is work.

I don't think that omgodim40 was suggesting that they run combines or plant crops, but that they have more responsibility to each other and their enviromment than cleaning out the fridge and watering an herb garden.

10-31-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
WELL...By the looks of it, Lisa IS going to get a taste of the finer side of the farm life. In tomorrow's preview, she shoveling the manure! LOL

TashaLuv 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TashaLuv Click to send private message to TashaLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Mabey when Illiana Leaves,I believe this is her Last Season,things will go Back to where they started?I Sure Hope So.
I Agree and have Felt the Same way,for a Long Time.

StylinGirl 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StylinGirl Click to send private message to StylinGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Sounds like you want to punish these women. What's up with that???

Honestly, this season has me BORED to tears, or rather, to Delete (from my TiVo!)

shayshay1 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-01-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shayshay1 Click to send private message to shayshay1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
This show started going Hollywood last season, they need to get some real women that want to truly start over,get rid of these fake ladies that just want camera time

princes110 23 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princes110 Click to send private message to princes110 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I would like to see the show move to a some place less LA LA land. I think the show was better the first season because it was in Chicago.

11-01-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
S.G. I absolutely don't want these women to be punished, but ask yourself. How in the world can someone work on their "inside" problems, etc. while they are worrying about how they will look on camera and worrying about makeup and clothing. Additionally, when you are living in the lap of luxury in Hollywood, what is your motivation to get down to the dirty work and get back to their lives and fix things. When every thing is handed to you, you tend to not to get the job done.

Great example...Everyone calls Lisa a spoiled brat because everything is given to her and that she needs to get her hands dirty.

It's my experience, growing up in a farming community, that we take what crap is handed to us and find a way to deal with it and get on with our lives...Not dwell and feel sorry for ourselves. Life isn't always kind. JMHO

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Yeah, I was thinking that Lisa's job at The Stand was going to be more than a one-day thing. It would help her a lot to have to work somewhere, maybe half days or a day or two a week. She seems to do fine (once she gets there!)but, in the past, has not been able to sustain her job performance.

I agree with the format of the show, because therapy and life coaching can do a lot of good (look at past years). But they need to screen the women better. And why on earth did they let Allison graduate last year? (I didn't think they had.) That girl has more issues than the NY Daily News! And I think most of them predate her cancer and can be attributed to her alcoholic, abusive family.

I also agree about everyone and everything being so prettified. They criticize Allison for putting a pretty face on everything but the show does the same thing with the gorgeous house, clothes, etc. I have thought about applying to go on the show, but I would look so horrible because I probably wouldn't wear makeup half the time!

Reba88 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-03-05, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reba88 Click to send private message to Reba88 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I agree that this season is definitely missing something that was there the last two seasons. IMO, it started with Tess and Karen last season. I think they graduated Allison because the season was ending and they weren't sure what else to do with her. Did you notice how everyone graduated or left all at the same time, even though some of them didn't believe they were ready to graduate? It seemed fishy at the time until I realized the season was ending and that it was at the convenience of the show schedule. I am all for the pretty girls going away. I don't like the "false" feel of the show now. I loved the beginning of last season with Kim and Bethany and Rachel. They seemed like real people with problems a normal person can relate to. I really have trouble relating to Lisa this season and to a certain extent, Christina. And I think they were overdue on handling someone affected by 9/11.

Hopefully as housemates graduate and new ladies come in, it will become again the great show that it has been in the past.

Reba

legacymom 14 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail legacymom Click to send private message to legacymom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Hi everyone this is a post coming from a "real" woman with "real" issues who feels that S.O may be my last chance to become whole again if that makes sense.I went on a casting call in my city after only watching the show a couple of times.A promo came on stating they were going to be in my area so I wiped my tears swallowed my pride and went.They have since called me back for an on camera interview,had me fill out a 24 page background check and are flying me to L.A next week for a medical and psychological test. They are 99% sure I am going to be on the show but cannot tell me when. After keeping up with your postings about the show since, I have had second thoughts several times but I decided to go through with it because I'm hoping and praying it will help me get my life in order and maybe help someone else in the process.The way I see it is that there are 24 hours in a day and less then 1 hour of that is shown on T.V so I am hoping the other times we will be getting support and help we need. To tell you the truth if the L.C's treat me the way they have been treating the currant H.G's I'm not sure how long I'll last. I'm not real fond of public humiliation.Obviously I have some self esteem issues or I would'nt need the show so I hope they will try to be a little less condensending by the time I get on the show. Anyway i'm scared to death and hopeful at the same time. Wish me luck and strength because I'm certainly going to need a lot of both!

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I think you should go for it. I for one would appreciate seeing a real,compassionate, sympathetic person I can relate to on the show. I really loved Bethany, Jennifer and some of the others last year (especially Bethany)and felt that the show was more helpful/less humiliating to them than some of the "tough love" this year. The first time I felt really uncomfortable with an assignment last year was when Rhonda made Karen wallow in the mud. I felt that crossed the line and might cause a breakdown in a truly troubled person.

Don't think of it as your "last chance," though. We all get many, many chances if we sincerely want to change our lives. If you feel that your problems are more serious than what you have seen on SO, I would encourage you to seek counseling or even residential care, especially if you have substance abuse issues. But that "last chance" thing is just putting too much pressure on yourself and on the process. I'll be rooting for you!!

carolynl 83 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carolynl Click to send private message to carolynl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I really hope the the SO house can help you. I also hope that you get Iyanla as a LC. If you have real problems she's the person that can help you resolve them. I always get the feeling that the people under her are on their way with the acception of Allison who you see is back in the house to finish the job. With Rhonda's charges I feel like most of them aren't ready to graduate when they leave and I oftentimes feel frustrated. Don't be scared, and if you decided to go through with it embrace the process and allow them to guide you through it. I wish you luck and have fun in LA. California Rocks(San Diego resident)!

janethappygirl 13 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janethappygirl Click to send private message to janethappygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I understand about the "public humiliation" and the "Condescending" comments you made, however, being nice to people like Lisa will never get her to where she needs to be. I think "tough love" is appropriate at some levels.

11-03-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
Legacy...Absolutely go for it. You are telling us/them that this your last chance. When a person's life gets to that point you take any chances you can get. If I'm think correctly, this season has already been taped and is done. So...After these LCs get a "Reality Check" from the public (meaning us) and they find out how disappointed we are in them, things will change.

I truely believe, should you be invited, you will have a wonderful experience and be able to turn some things around for yourself. Good luck to you!!

frogfan72 95 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogfan72 Click to send private message to frogfan72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S.O. Stripped Down/Unplugged!"
I agree mostly that it shouldn't be as fancy as it is, but for some hg's who NEED to take care of themselves, it would be good to have some luxuries...Allison doesn't do it enough. I think it's good to have women from different backgrounds, and learn to relate to people you normally would discard, and learn how to connect and honour people you wouldnt' normally give the time of day to. It does make sense to have a pool and exercise equipment because a lot of the women coming into the house need the exercise..mind you, your point about a work ranch, would give them exercise, a lot of it, but people like jill who aren't allowed to do much, wouldn't be able to participate, by dr orders. It's sad what she's gettin into. The makeup thing well...that is for the cameras. ;D

Interesting points though. love frogfan72

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •