The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-06-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

Welcome to the episode two Not So Move of the Week voting thread!

There are six choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode one thread go here:
Episode One Voting Thread
If you'd like to take a look at the episode one results go here:
Episode One Results

Your episode two choices are:

1.At the beginning of the leg, Kelly/Jon misread their clue and let their taxi driver take them all the way up the raft hill. They slide down without equipment and risk injury. Then, they must go back up the hill with a raft and do it again, wasting valuable time.

2.Kelly/Jon make the classic mistake of taking a bus to the train station. When they get there, nine of the other teams have left to the other train station and they get stuck on an hour later train.

3.Russell/Cindy leave the pit stop, but immediately run the wrong way. They must backtrack 1000 feet and get to the train station fairly late.

4.Kelly/Jon choose to do the Pathyway Detour choice(Allowing asking of directions), but don't ask for any directions. Jon continues to try to follow his own instincts and they finish the Detour in last place.

5.Teams including Millie/Chuck, Amanda/Chris, and Jon/Al finish the Detour 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but instead of staying at the Palazzo da Mosto square they decide to go sightseeing. Each of these teams enter the Roadblock fairly late, and they finish the leg 6th(Jon/Al), 8th(Millie/Chuck), and 11th(Amanda/Chris. This move may have cost Amanda/Chris the race.

6.The strategy in the Roadblock may have hurt a couple teams badly. Monica decides to take it really slow, being very patient before she picks her mask. Chris decides to use the impatient technique by picking his masks fairly quick each time. Monica enters in second but they go on to finish in 10th place. Amanda/Chris go on to be eliminated.

This Vote will close Wednesday 8:00 PM EST.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... I_AM_HE 06-06-03 1
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Bebo 06-06-03 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... minitroll 06-06-03 3
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... L82LIFE 06-06-03 4
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... mtopaz 06-06-03 5
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... TeamJoisey 06-06-03 6
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dekko 06-06-03 7
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... MsShel330 06-06-03 8
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Waruv 06-06-03 9
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... cyclehausen 06-06-03 10
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... KeithFan 06-06-03 11
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Femme 06-07-03 12
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... SaphireLady 06-07-03 13
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... mikey 06-07-03 14
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Coconut 06-07-03 15
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... carencey 06-07-03 16
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 06-07-03 17
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Survivorerist 06-07-03 18
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... anotherkim 06-08-03 19
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... managerr 06-09-03 20
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 06-09-03 21
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 06-09-03 22
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... SeaVisionBurma 06-10-03 23
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... jsanb 06-10-03 24
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... laureli 06-11-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
got to be #6, that was painful to watch

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I'll vote for #5. They went from being at the front of the bunch to near the end of the pack (or gone). It definitely had an impact on their standings.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-06-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I'll vote for #6. Monica couldn't make up her mind, and Chris made his up too fast, again and again.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

I'm going to assume that Chris isn't a real detail oriented person.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-06-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

I had a hard time choosing between #1 and #6. #1 could have potentially caused either one (or both) of the team serious injury, and possibly knocking them out of the race. Did the taxi driver leave right away or did they have the option of riding back down hill with him? Because I don't know if they had any other viable option, whereas Monica and Chris both chose the way they played out the mask game, I ended up with #6 as my choice for the "Not So" move of the week.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
Sightseeing in Venice was foolish, but not fatal. (And I might have done it myself.)

#6 was both foolish and fatal. Chris made the mistake once, and deserves to leave the game for making the same mistake twice. Poor Amanda deserved a better teammate.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

dekko 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-06-03, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dekko Click to send private message to dekko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
#6 by far. Chris and Monica should have teamed up--they'd still be there now.

#4 was incredibly stupid--anyone looking for a cliche "guys don't ask for directions" moment should be happy. But it didn't cost them the race. Still, it made me yell at the TV.

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-06-03, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
#6. I was yelling at the TV.

Waruv 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-06-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Waruv Click to send private message to Waruv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
Numero 6. Although a lot of the other moves were pretty dumb, but this one actually cost a team another few days on the race.
---
"We tried to dance for years to come, but two can't lead and waltz as one"~ Mayfield Four

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-06-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I'll go with #5 instead of #6.

5 is an actual strategic flaw. 6 is just idiots being idiots.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
Gotta be #6. Isnt Chris like a graphic designer? Do you think he would understand PATTERNS?

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
#5 No question about it. Monica's crap strategy may come back to haunt her, but I think Amanda and Chris would still be in this race if they were earlier into the road block.

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-07-03, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
#5 I might would have went site seeing for alittle bit but to just go for ever was too much. However, having missed most of the episode am taking what all of you say into consideration.

I did see the mask part of show and thougth alot of the mask were similar so could see how a mistake could happen

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-07-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I would go for a write-in candidate. Reichen and Chip, throwing a hissy-fit at the bus station. What did they hope to accomplish? The train station was there. Trains like this don't sell out, and obviously a train station is going to open up in time for everyone to get on the first train. If you're going to cut in line and endure the wrath of the other teams, do it sometime when it could possibly help you. (Of course, don't cut in front of Millie, because she packs a mean punch).

of those listed, I would go for # 6 -- particularly Chris'. If he was at the front of the line, he just would have had to wait longer.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I pick #5. I think it's the most dangerous trap of the game to forget it's a race and to wander off into the town.
Having said that, it's a mistake I would probably make.

JSlice's Clone and Keeper of The Two Solitudes Kittyloaf

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-07-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-07-03, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
Counting up again this week...

3. I got the impression it was a bit more costly than "1000 feet", but going by what's given... that's nothing.
4. Not a great display of skill, but their last place postitiong was more due to other factors... see below.
1. Not last only because of the possible injury factor, I thought this was actually a semi-clever example of Jon thinking on his feet... er, tush.
5. Note that no one actually stayed at the roadblock the whole time. There was no clue box there, so no hard evidence that waiting in line would be advantageous. On the other hand, it doesn't take much thought to realize planning to show up right before 5:00 wouldn't be a great idea.
2. Taxi, bus, duh. Some teams will never learn! Not my vote only because it was so quickly made moot.
The loser: #6. Kinda of a reluctant choice as it's more tactical miscalculation than bonehead blunder, but in the end this is the only one that mattered.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-07-03, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I second mikey's write in vote for...

Reichen and Chip throw a hissy fit and bar the doors at the station.

(Another IceCat original )

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

#5. Stoopid blunder. Obviously going to be bunching and they wander off and lose their advantage. Wanna sightsee? Go off one at a time with a person from another team (can they do this?). Don't just walk off together.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Never forget you are in a race, folks, never.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-09-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I needed to think about this for awhile, but I decided to go with #6 instead of #5. Mainly because even if Amanda and Chris had had an earlier spot in line, Chris would have botched it with his roadblock strategy and then get sent back anyway.

So I'm saying 6. He didn't explore the building enough and see that there weren't enough rooms.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-09-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-09-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
I have to go with #5. I probably would have left the site, gone to get something to eat, and then returned immediately after. Spending several hours sightseeing was just foolish.

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-10-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
#5. Daft - extremely daft. Guess everyone thought that the roadblock would be all teams having their shot at the same time - not 4 teams at a time.

Daft.

(Followed closely by Rechen & Chip holding the door handle - bwahahaha)

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"
Tough call between 5&6. The real blunder in number 6 was having Chris go in the first place instead of Amanda- she could not have been any worse. But I vote for 5 since that was more of a STRATEGIC mistake.

laureli 152 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail laureli Click to send private message to laureli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Two"

My understanding of the Not So Move of the Week is a decision or action that is really pathetic and demonstrates no intellegence. Yes #5 and #6 were both bad moves and may have had the unfortunate effect of setting Amanda/Chris up for the boot; however BuffJon*'s unwillingness to ask for directions (ie: I am man, I don't ask for directions) was simply inexcusable. To me, it showed all of the qualities that a NSMOTW should have.

*The BuffJon name is courtesy of Miss Alli at TelevisionWithoutPity.com (Forgive me if I'm not allowed to give a shout-out to a rival web site)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •