The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coast Up..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-25-07, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-07 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

That was a great episode.

Town council reads the "journal." Time to clean up the town of Bonanza. The town council picks of a team of people to do the dirty work - load all the trash up on carts, take it far outside the town and bury it.

They choose several that have proven to be willing and capable workers along with Taylor and her little cohort. Taylor and friend refuse to go.

Guylan jumps in to do some digging and doesn't seem to have the upper body strength to really dig in. He gets a lot of ribbing from Greg and others and gives up. Layla decides she should help after all and is warmly greeted by Laurel. Everybody works together and gets the trash buried. DK comforts Guylan and reassures him that he's working hard and that it'll all be okay.

Back at town they discover that the water tank is empty. It is decided that Taylor will haul water as a punishment for not helping with the trash. She refuses and struggles with Anjay and tries to kick him. She finally relents and goes to get the water. On her way back she sets both buckets down and says something like, "Hey ya'll, look at this!" She knocks the buckets over and says, "Oops! My bad." (edited to correct faulty memory)

DK rallies the whole town to do a little bucket brigade and the tank gets filled up.

Challenge. Pigs running around in a huge tank of baked beans - Pork 'n Beans - get it. There are colored cans in the beans and a member of each team takes turns collecting their cans. The team with the most cans at the end wins upper class and so on. If all the teams collect a total of 75 cans they win reward.

The reward choices - loads of fresh fruits and vegetables or two gas powered dune buggies. Taylor is screaming for the dune buggies. The new council chooses ---- the fruit and veggies. Yay!!

Council discusses gold star recipient. Without question, they all choose DK. No other name even comes into the conversation.

Town Meeting. Quite a fuss over Taylor's lack of contribution to the town. They all gang up on her a bit until DK gets everyone to calm down and give Taylor a break. She smugly thanks him.

Does anyone want to go home? dundun duuuun.... DK raises his hand and the council looks like they've been hit with a ton of bricks. There is a collective gasp from the town. Everyone cries as DK explains that he's tired of all the negativity and that he wants to be with his family. Guylan takes matters into his own hands. He has a private heart to heart with DK and convinces him to stay (without telling him about the gold star).

Gold star time. Town council announces that they have chosen....

DK!!! Town erupts in applause and the DK is so surprised that he doesn't know what to say. Then "I've got six brothers and sisters that all want to go to college."

I know this sounds corny but... That was one of the best moments I have seen on TV in a long time. I cried and cheered along with the rest of the crowd and so did my family. Way to go, DK.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coast Up...   Snidget     10-24-07       
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   Snidget     10-24-07     1  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   mattben     10-24-07     2  
     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   mattben     10-24-07     3  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   mattben     10-24-07     4  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   PagongRatEater     10-24-07     5  
     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   foonermints     10-25-07     8  
     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   CTgirl     10-25-07     21  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   Puffy     10-24-07     6  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   dabo     10-25-07     7  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   sharnina     10-25-07     9  
     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   Tamena     10-25-07     10  
         RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   brvnkrz     10-25-07     11  
             RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   true     10-25-07     12  
                 RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   brvnkrz     10-25-07     27  
             RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   geg6     10-25-07     13  
                 RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   Snidget     10-25-07     16  
                     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   Sunny_Bunny     10-25-07     17  
                 RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   brvnkrz     10-25-07     29  
                     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   true     10-26-07     30  
                         RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   brvnkrz     10-26-07     31  
   Best lline of the night:   Molaholic     10-25-07     14  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   jbug     10-25-07     15  
     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   polarbz     10-25-07     19  
         RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   byoffer     10-25-07     20  
             RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   polarbz     10-25-07     23  
             RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   CTgirl     10-25-07     24  
                 RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   polarbz     10-25-07     25  
                     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   Sunny_Bunny     10-25-07     28  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   kingfish     10-25-07     18  
     Full episodes   moonbaby     10-25-07     22  
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   michel     10-25-07     26  
     RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   CTgirl     10-26-07     32  
         RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   sharnina     10-26-07     33  
         RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   michel     10-26-07     34  
             RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   CTgirl     10-26-07     35  
                 RE: Kid Nation Episode #6 East Coas...   mysticwolf     10-26-07     36  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •