The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Final Three"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Final Three"
Why didn't anybody start this yet?

I'll be back with my rankings. I know you're all anxiously awaiting them.

an arkie work of art

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Final Three samboohoo 05-17-06 1
   RE: Rankings - Final Three Magnolia_Rocker 05-17-06 2
       RE: Rankings - Final Three geg6 05-17-06 3
           RE: Rankings - Final Three emydi 05-17-06 14
 RE: Rankings - Final Three mrc 05-17-06 4
 RE: Rankings - Final Three Glow 05-17-06 5
   RE: Rankings - Final Three brvnkrz 05-17-06 6
       RE: Rankings - Final Three Lasann 05-17-06 20
           RE: Rankings - Final Three brvnkrz 05-17-06 23
   RE: Rankings - Final Three TanNymph 05-17-06 7
 RE: Rankings - Final Three xwraith27 05-17-06 8
 RE: Rankings - Final Three geekboy 05-17-06 9
 RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 10
   RE: Rankings - Final Three angie1990 05-17-06 11
 RE: Rankings - Final Three zombiebaby 05-17-06 12
 RE: Rankings - Final Three Devious Weasel 05-17-06 13
   RE: Rankings - Final Three CattyChat 05-17-06 18
   RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 22
   RE: Rankings - Final Three jags 05-17-06 35
       RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 37
           Agree AyaK 05-18-06 61
 RE: Rankings - Final Three emydi 05-17-06 15
 RE: Rankings - Final Three CattyChat 05-17-06 16
 RE: Rankings - Final Three tamarama 05-17-06 17
   RE: Rankings - Final Three emydi 05-17-06 19
   RE: Rankings - Final Three Tahj 05-17-06 21
       RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 24
           RE: Rankings - Final Three tamarama 05-17-06 55
       RE: Rankings - Final Three tamarama 05-17-06 53
   RE: Rankings - Final Three Devious Weasel 05-17-06 25
       RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 27
           RE: Rankings - Final Three tenmeters 05-17-06 45
               RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 48
       RE: Rankings - Final Three tenmeters 05-17-06 42
       RE: Rankings - Final Three tamarama 05-17-06 51
   RE: Rankings - Final Three opinionated 05-17-06 26
       RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 28
       RE: Rankings - Final Three emydi 05-17-06 29
           RE: Rankings - Final Three Devious Weasel 05-17-06 31
               RE: Rankings - Final Three emydi 05-17-06 39
           RE: Rankings - Final Three singer 05-17-06 40
               RE: Rankings - Final Three emydi 05-17-06 44
                   RE: Rankings - Final Three singer 05-17-06 46
       RE: Rankings - Final Three Devious Weasel 05-17-06 30
           RE: Rankings - Final Three singer 05-17-06 32
               RE: Rankings - Final Three jags 05-17-06 41
                   RE: Rankings - Final Three Glow 05-17-06 43
                       RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 49
               Um... AyaK 05-18-06 62
   RE: Rankings - Final Three Devious Weasel 05-17-06 33
       RE: Rankings - Final Three Fishercat 05-17-06 34
           RE: Rankings - Final Three nailbone 05-17-06 36
       RE: Rankings - Final Three singer 05-17-06 38
           RE: Rankings - Final Three zazzy 05-17-06 52
       RE: Rankings - Final Three tenmeters 05-17-06 50
       RE: Rankings - Final Three tamarama 05-17-06 54
 RE: Rankings - Final Three ejm92 05-17-06 47
   RE: Rankings - Final Three fenway_frank 05-17-06 56
       RE: Rankings - Final Three RatPat 05-17-06 57
           RE: Rankings - Final Three zazzy 05-17-06 58
 RE: Rankings - Final Three PhoenixMons 05-17-06 59
   RE: Rankings - Final Three tamarama 05-18-06 60
 RE: Rankings - Final Three Sonya10 05-18-06 63
   WARNING AyaK 05-18-06 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I didn't watch. I have it on Tivo, but I haven't decided if I really care or not.

It's Arkie Love

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-17-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
LOL! Same here samboohoo.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Too funny! I didn't watch either.

My sister did call to tell me her take on it.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Gotta say I'm thrilled I didn't watch. Hearing Spaz sing one of my heroes' songs would have just been the last straw for me.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
hero is Bruce..ugh

he's a hypocrite! crosses picket lines and says he's for the working man...ugh

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

I'll contribute.

1. Kat, Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I actually cried at the end. C.r.i.e.d. I never cry, esp. over TV shows.
2. Taylor, You Are So Beautiful
3. Taylor, Try A Little Tenderness
4. Kat, Ain’t Got Nothin But The Blues
5. Elliot, What You Won’t Do For Love
6. Elliot, I Believe To My Soul
7. Kat, I Believe I Can Fly
8. Taylor, Dancin In The Dark
9. Elliott, Open Arms

I'll be back to edit when someone else posts the names of the other songs.

05-17-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
1. Taylor – You Are So Beautiful
2. Taylor – Try A Little Tenderness
3. Taylor – Dancin In The Dark
4. Kat – Somewhere Over The Rainbow
5. Elliott – What You Won’t Do For Love
6. Kat – Ain’t Got Nothin But The Blues
7. Elliott – I Believe To My Soul
8. Kat – I Believe I Can Fly (worst song ever)
9. Elliott – Open Arms

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
1. Kat-Somewhere over the Rainbow. *sniff* I think I had a tear.
2. Taylor-You are so Beautiful
3. Taylor-Dancin in the Dark
4. Kat-Ain't Got Nothin But the Blues
5. Taylor-Try a Little Tenderness
6. Kat-I Believe I can fly-I didn't like the arrangement but I enjoyed her

7-9 Elliott

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-17-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
He had the nerve to sing Steve Perry. That ruined it for me. Good voice - maybe. Distinct, wonderful voice - nada.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Yeah, he really did nothing for me last night.

One nation under George, divided.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-17-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Ditto what Glow said. Taylor was awesome!

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I had a really bad headache when I was watching, so I don't know if I can be really objective in criticizing.

1. Katharine McPhee (Somewhere Over The Rainbow)

Kat started off extremely well with lyrics that aren't part of the more popular versions of the song. It also featured solid riffs and runs from Kat, unlike some of her other performances where her riffs seemed sharp. The song ended well, but the slowly raising arm was too cliche and cheesy for me. I also think that she could have worn something classier to compliment this very classy performance.

2. Taylor Hicks (You Are So Beautiful)

Randy picked a very good song for Taylor, but I was distracted by Taylor's facial expressions. He crumpled his face and closed his lips into a thin line almost after every line, reminding me of someone who smelled something bad. If I close my eyes though, it was just beautiful.

3. Taylor Hicks (Dancing In The Dark)

To be honest, I'm really not familiar with the song, but I thought Taylor started out pretty rough. He pulled through in the middle and ended well.

4. Katharine McPhee (I Ain't Got Nothing But The Blues)

Again, a song I'm not familiar with. Simon made a good point in saying that the order of the songs should have been different. This just paled in comparison to "... Rainbow". The high note seemed sharp and the entire performance just seemed too short.

5. Taylor Hicks (Try A Little Tenderness)

I loved the middle of the song, but I didn't like how Taylor started and ended this song. I couldn't help but compare his version to Nadia Turner's, which was her breakout performance in AI4, and personally, I liked Nadia's performance better.

6. Elliott Yamin (I Believe To My Soul)

It pains me to put Elliott's best song this low in my list as I am a fan. This was, by and large, Elliott's worst week to date. He was continually drowned out by the band and hit some obviously sharp notes towards the end. One thing I like the performance though was how he changed the lyrics of the song to "...my name is Elliott Yamin." Or maybe I was just hearing things.

7. Elliott Yamin (What You Won't Do For Love)

A classic case of when the singer is better than the song. Elliott sang it well, but I can't help but be bored with the entire performance. Heck, even Elliott himself looked bored after he sang.

8. Katharine McPhee (I Believe I Can Fly)

Whoever changed the song changed the song too much. I barely recognized the middle of the song with all of Katharine's riffs and adlibs.

9. Elliott Yamin (Open Arms)

I'm surprised that none of the judges pointed out how Elliott messed up the lyrics to the song, especially with the judges being critical about Melissa's and Katharine's lyrics. It was also a very stiff performance, much like Taylor when he sang "Just Once". Some obviously bad notes here and there didn't help matters for Elliott.

Overall Rank:

1. Taylor Hicks (2 good songs, 1 ok song)
2. Katharine McPhee (1 good song, 1 ok song, 1 bad song)
3. Elliott Yamin (1 ok song, 2 bad songs)

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-17-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

I'm making thigs easier. I think all we need to do is look at the three remaining contestants and rank them by how they did 'overall' with their three songs. Each song individually is quite literally overkill.

#1 - Taylor. Undeniably, Taylor is on a major roll at the perfect time in the competition. The night belonged to him for the third week in a row. DITD was his weakest, but he nailed YASB and TALT. The guy is amazing. I wonder if he's beatable at this point. I suspect not.

#2 - I gotta give the #2 spot to Kat. She 'brought it' moreso than Elliot last night. I was surprised. I actually liked her rendition of 'I Believe I Can Fly', and this is coming from a guy who really hates that song. I didn't like Ruben doing it, or anyone else over the past 4 seasons. I was expecting to hate it last night, but she added something to the song. Also, "SOTR" was very well done. Her last song was wierd.

#3 - I like Elliot. As i've said before, he has grown the most over the competition, but its almost like last night he was sick, or wasn't excited by his songs, or his nerves returned. It was a weak night for him, and i really didn't enjoy any of his songs. Where did Elliot go?

All i know is Taylor is in the finals. Who is going to get a chance to beat him? I don't know. I suspect Kat is going home because Simon told Elliot his is going home. But it could be either one. Its a very close and unpredictable season at this point.

geekboy

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
1. Kat - First song was eh, but she looked gorgeous. "Rainbow" was glorious! Gave me chills and even a couple of tears. Man, she looked so sweet and pretty singing that. And that third song was fun, and I LOVED that outift!!!

2. Taylor - eh. Pulling Paula up to dance just meant that he's seen the video. And how cliche' was picking Joe Cocker for him. Third song was OK till the end. I'm WAY over the Soul Patrol stuff.

3. Elliot - eh again. Nothing he did really jumped out at me this time.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

angie1990 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angie1990 Click to send private message to angie1990 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Kat murdered "I Believe I can Fly", talk about over-singing. Why was Elliot's first 2 songs only about a minute long? Paula should have given him a better song to sing. I like him the best, but he wasn't that tight last night. And granpop (taylor), what can i say about that old man. he is a good singer, but he looks and moves like an old man. he looks older than simon and randy put together. his jerky moves and crazy facial expressions drive me up the wall.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I will do just overall performances as well.

#1. Taylor. I would probably rank all 3 of his songs 1-3. "Dancing in the Dark" being the lowest rated of the 3. What a horrible song to pick for him. No one but Bruce could sing that song. Anyone else pretty boring.

#2. Kat. I think I am in minority here but I liked her last song the best. SOTR was good but it has been done. I like though that she did not try to mimic the original or the various other covers of it.

#3. Elliot. This guy is dull. Song choices were absolutely horrible.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Thinking back on the season, Elliott sang his best performances after working with a vocal coach other than the regular AI vocal coaches. While Taylor is the most polished performer of the three right now, I think Elliott and Kat both have more upside. After all, their initial efforts will be in the studio, not on the stage.

That's right - Taylor is Matt Leinert, Elliott is Vince Young. On with the rankings!

Tier Not Just The Best Performance On Idol This Season, But One Of The Best Performances On Idol Ever, And, Coupled With Her Performance Of Black Horse And The Cherry Tree, Kat Has The Two Best Performances This Season – Kat, Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Big, Big Drop

Tier Sure It Was An Uncredited Ripoff Of The Version From The Commitments, But I Love The Movie And He Sang It Well – Taylor, Try A Little Tenderness

Drop

Tier Way Too Pitchy In The First Section, And Whoever Arranged The Bit In The Bridge Where He Went High And Descended With The Ooos Should Be Shot, But Overall Okay And Certainly Better Than Anything Elliott Sang Tonight – Taylor, You Are So Beautiful

Tier Randy Apparently Really Wants His Final Two Prediction Of Two Men To Come Through, Cause How Can You Diss Her For Doing An Ella Song When 99.9% Of The Country Had Never Heard It Before? – Kat, Ain’t Got Nothing But The Blues

Drop

Tier Hats Off To Randy Jackson For The Stupidest Comment Ever By A Judge, Which Is Saying Quite A Lot Considering Paula Has Been On The Air For Five Years Now, For Criticizing Kat For Choosing A Song Someone Else Chose For Her – Kat, I Believe I Can Fly

Tier The Only Thing I Can Think Of Is That His Nerves Got The Best Of Him Tonight – Elliott, I Believe To My Soul

Tier If I Were An AI Final Three Contestant I Would Drop To My Knees And Pray To Whatever Deity I Worship That Paula Not Pick A Song For Me – Elliott, What You Won’t Do For Love

Rolling Around In The Gutters In A Pool Of Their Own Waste

Tier Bruce Is At The Top Of My Pantheon Of Artists, And The Song Is Ultimately A Song About Desperation And The Possibility Of Salvation Through Music, Which Should Be A Theme Perfect For Taylor, And Yet He Showed About As Much Awareness Of What The Song Was About As He Did When He Called Levon A Song About Family Values – Taylor, Dancing In The Dark

Tier Clive Davis’ Song Choices Go A Long Way Towards Explaining Why Bo’s Album Svkced So – Elliott, Open Arms

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Always get a kick out of your rankings, D.W. You crack me up, but these were my 3 faves.

"Tier Not Just The Best Performance . . . coupled with . . . Black Horse & The Cherry Tree, Kat Has The Two Best Performances This Season"

I wholeheartedly agree! And would go even further to say over all seasons (though I never saw Season 1 or 1st half of 2)

"Tier Randy Apparently Really Wants His Final Two Prediction . . . How Can You Diss Her For Doing An Ella Song . . . "

Agreed! Plus, I loved it and thought she held her own.

"Tier Hats Off To Randy Jackson For The Stupidest Comment Ever . . . "

IMO Randy & Paula are both about equal in their insipid, meaningless remarks which rarely deserve any merit.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

05-17-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Tier Not Just The Best Performance On Idol This Season, But One Of The Best Performances On Idol Ever, And, Coupled With Her Performance Of Black Horse And The Cherry Tree, Kat Has The Two Best Performances This Season – Kat, Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Agreed!!! I put it up there with Bo's a capella song. BTW, does anybody know where I can go download those two songs?

Tier Randy Apparently Really Wants His Final Two Prediction Of Two Men To Come Through, Cause How Can You Diss Her For Doing An Ella Song When 99.9% Of The Country Had Never Heard It Before? – Kat, Ain’t Got Nothing But The Blues

Especially when she just said that she wanted to not be accused of copying someone else!!

Sig by Slice

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Finally someone I can Identify With.

05-17-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
The Dweezil is OUR american Idol.

Sig by Slice

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "Agree"
Yeah, I'd say that Dweezil nailed it. I finally watched most of the show last night, but I could have just read this.

05-17-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Except for Taylor's You are So Beautiful the nite was meh for me...I did not like SOTR--get up off the floor...the best for Kat of nite but not saying much

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Trying to get some work done, I kept an eye on the discussion thread and at 9:00 I stopped working and started my voting for Taylor & Kat while I watched their performances & FF'd through the commercials, etc.

Awesome night for Taylor -- Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol -- and I'm so glad Kat stepped up her game and yet ANOTHER guest noted what exceptional talent Kat has. She may hit some bum notes here and there and her nerves get to her, but she's definitely going places.

My rankings are:

1a -- Kat – Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Simply magnificant. Beautiful vocals, sung with feeling. She took my breath away & definitely "had a moment."

1b -- Taylor – You Are So Beautiful - Wow! Great vocals, feeling. Taylor was the man last night.

3 -- Taylor – Try A Little Tenderness - Great energy (no surprise) great vocals. Taylor is consumed by the song when he performs and that's what makes him stand out among the others (especially Elliott).

4 -- Taylor – Dancin' In The Dark - Thank you, Clive, for allowing Taylor to do a Springstein song -- LOVED it, even with Paula pulled on the stage.

5 -- Kat – Ain’t Got Nothin But The Blues - I personally loved her sassy & fun performance of this song. I did not consider this a step backwards. Kat has pipes.

6 -- Kat – I Believe I Can Fly - Definitely not the best song choice for her, but with the exception of "a couple bum notes" she did a really good job. Kat's the whole package -- talent, beauty & personality.

7/8 -- Elliott – What You Won’t Do For Love & I Believe To My Soul - I'm just not a fan. His vocals do nothing for me and there's nothing that grabs my attention. Quite honestly, I start daydreaming and tune Elliott out when he's performing. He has talent, but for me he's just forgettable.

9 -- Elliott – Open Arms - Poor Elliott, that was just H.I.D.E.O.U.S. I don't know what Clive was thinking with that song choice and I thought maybe Clive wasn't much of an Elliott fan for choosing that song for him.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
1. Taylor – You Are So Beautiful – I was worried about this song – that it was a little too on the nose and he’d be accused of doing an impersonation, BUT, he was incredible, heartfelt. I got shivers. All his ad libs were his own – he didn’t “do” Joe Cocker. He may have things in common with Cocker & Charles, but he’s not impersonating them.

2. Taylor – Try A Little Tenderness – Amazing. Love the song, love the way he did it. Just amazing.

3. Elliott: What You Won’t Do For Love – Very good song choice from Paula – who knew? Elliott sounded great on this, he was relaxed & looked good, just a really great performance. Didn't hear the sharpness that Randy referred to.

4. Elliott – I Believe To My Soul – I like this song, I like Elliott singing the blues (like 'Trouble' in Elvis week). Elliott really flips the tops of his runs well - Kat should pay attention. But I kinda agree with the judges that this was a little obscure for this competition. He did it very well, and I don’t really think he’ll go home for it though.

5. Kat: Over the Rainbow – Before she started singing, I wrote down “over-sang, too many runs.” I’m happily surprised that I was wrong – she didn’t over-sing! Loved the soft tone, very nice. HOWEVER, she consistently has significant pitch problems both with her embellishments and when she sings straight-tone. She needs to cut down on the runs, watch her breath-support in general, and flip to vibrato sooner until she improves her breathing. ALSO, sitting on the steps, or the edge of the stage, or a stool is fine. This crawling around on the floor thing looks really stupid & contrived and she needs to cut it out. Once on the floor was more than enough, repeating it looked desperate.

6. Taylor – Dancing In the Dark – Really good job, really tired song. I dunno. Maybe because I was “that age” when this was being played every 10 minutes on MTV. But I do think Taylor did what he needed to do.

7. Elliott – Open Arms – I think I get why Clive picked this for him, and it was nice to hear him singing a more legato melody with bigger intervals instead of the R&B noodling he typically does (not that I don't like his noodling). I really like his sound. Simon was right though, he was clearly less comfortable with this song.

8. Kat – I Ain’t Got Nothing But The BluesWell. She got pissy right off the bat in her intro to the song. “I didn’t want to be compared…” in an incredibly snotty tone of voice. Made me tune out her performance. Did she sing it well? Yeah, I guess. Still missed the tops of most of her runs (and sometimes more than just the tops). But the REAL bad news is that attitude.

9. Kat – I Believe I Can Fly – First of all, HATE this song with a burning passion. Hate it primarily because of the over-abundance of runs. PLUS, with all those runs, she has major pitch problems, and she placed some of her embellishments in odd, jarring places.. She consistently misses the peaks. PLUS she really over-sings this kinda crap. Randy said it – “Just sing the melody.” He’s said it to others before, and I wish he’d say it more often.

10. Kat – Her Schmitty Attitude – I mentally dismissed comments from people that they thought Kat was snobby & snotty. There are always people that think that & I hadn’t really noticed anything…but HOLY CARP!! She really came out with it last night! After her first song, the whiney “You’ve been really hard on me..” and “I didn’t pick the song…” were childish and stupid. They’ve been hard on you because you’ve had some moments of suckitude the past few weeks. No, you didn’t pick the song, but you chose to sing it like “one of those songs.” You could have remembered that the judges have been telling you not to over-sing & over embellish for a while now, and sang the song softer & simpler. And then later with the snotty intro to her last song, and Did she really look at Paula like that after Crazylady’s comments? Ya know, Kat, we all realize Paula’s crazy, but it’s your job to stand there and take it for 12 weeks. So take it. This chick needs to go home in the worst way.

Taylor = 9
Elliott = 14
Kat = 32 -- she goes home (pleasepleasepleaseplease)

05-17-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
tamarama what a great post...I thought I was the only one that did not like SOTR...you give great reasons and I agree about her attitude...little princess go home

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-17-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I enjoyed your post too, Tamarama. You seem to know a lot about singing. I have to say, I have very little idea about what you're talking about, but it was really interesting to read.

I can see what you mean by Kat's attitude--a little, but I still think the judges have been extra hard on her in the last three weeks. She may have had some "moments of suckitude" but the criticism didn't match the suckitude, IMO. She was a lot better than they gave her credit for and Kat was just trying to address that.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-17-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

AND point out the stupidity of being criticized for a bad song choice that SHE DIDN'T CHOOSE!!!

And I thought that she made the "don't want to be compared" comment in jest, even with a little smile toward the judges. didn't look mean-spirited or snotty to me at all. But I like Kat, so i guess that's the difference.

Sig by Slice

05-17-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Yeah, I dunno -- it just really sounded bratty to me.

I will say, however -- I'm NOT one of those who's been calling her names for weeks. I've never really been a fan, but this is the first time I thought Whoa! Is she kinda witchy?

05-17-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Garsh, thanks guys!

>>I still think the judges have been extra hard on her in the last three weeks<<

I do think they were too hard on her for "I Have Nothing." Other than that...eh. She really did suck on "Against All Odds" and I think both of her Elvis things were gawd-awful.

I also kinda think they were harder in general on the top 4-5 (except for Elliott - they seemed more willing to be gentle with him).

05-17-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
HOWEVER, she consistently has significant pitch problems both with her embellishments and when she sings straight-tone. She needs to cut down on the runs, watch her breath-support in general, and flip to vibrato sooner until she improves her breathing. ALSO, sitting on the steps, or the edge of the stage, or a stool is fine. This crawling around on the floor thing looks really stupid & contrived and she needs to cut it out. Once on the floor was more than enough, repeating it looked desperate.

Just rewatched this. I think you are criticizing her in general, not the performance. For one thing, she didn’t crawl around the stage. In fact, she didn’t move from the position she was in when the song started. She just sat still on the stage through the entire thing. There were no runs, there were no pitch problems, and while the breathing could have been better, I didn’t notice it until I was looking for it and it certainly didn’t detract at all from the performance.

As for her attitude - should she have just smiled and taken the unfair criticism from Randy (and really, can there be a more unfair criticism than to be criticized for a song choice she DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE?)? Maybe, though I don't think Taylor would have taken that comment either. But all in all, a lot of the contestants this season have had bigger reactions to criticism than I recall in the past. Taylor shows a lot of that sort of attitude towards Simon's comments.

05-17-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Taylor shows a lot of that sort of attitude towards Simon's comments.

He uses facial expressions rather than words, but yeah, some of his facial expressions are as bad as anything Kat said last night.

Sig by Slice

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
i would feel bad too with the kind of comments taylor got from Simon.
anybody spoken too that way would feel very very disappointed.

and facial expressions? you have no control over them. you don't watch yourself in the mirror all the time.

talking back to the judges is another thing. the contestant is in a lose-lose situation, regardless.

05-17-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
and facial expressions? you have no control over them.

I call BS on this one. You most certainly CAN control your facial expressions, and some of the ones that Taylor does are for comic effect, and others to send a message.

Sig by Slice

05-17-06, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I think you are criticizing her in general, not the performance

I think you are praising Kat more than she deserves. I rewatched it too and the only decent performance she had was the Rainbow. The rest were absolutely horrendous.

I cannot agree more with Glow.

05-17-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
>>I think you are criticizing her in general, not the performance.<<

A little of both actually -- I did hear pitch problems in SOTR, particularly on her runs/ad libs/embellishments/melissma -- whatever you choose to call them. In fact, the "straight-tone" pitch problem that I was talking about was at the end of SOTR.

However, I was also speaking generally because this is a problem that she has frequently. It occurred in all 3 of her songs last night, and has happened many times over the season. Have other contestants missed notes? Absolutely - every one of them. In fact, every singer who's ever sung has missed notes in front of an audience. (or hiccuped, choked on spit, walked into the proscenium arch - yeah, I'm graceful) But Kat is the only one of the 3 remaining that I've noticed that has specific, identifiable things that cause her to go flat almost every time.

>>For one thing, she didn’t crawl around the stage.<<
Yeah...I know she didn't literally crawl. (hangs head in semi-shame) I just exaggerated because I thought she looked incredibly stupid. With "Black Horse..." I was ok with her being on the floor at first, but when she STAYED there for the whole song & danced around on her knees I couldn't believe it -- so finding her on the floor again last night just made me nuts.

>>should she have just smiled and taken the unfair criticism from Randy??<<
Well, yeah. Or at least respond calmly without sounding like a 5 yr old.

>>(and really, can there be a more unfair criticism than to be criticized for a song choice she DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE?)?<<
I was actually more bothered by the "You've been really hard on me" than the "I didn't pick it."

>>I don't think Taylor would have taken that comment either.<<
Yeah, Taylor's not too good with the poker face is he? But he does keep his trap shut.

>>a lot of the contestants this season have had bigger reactions to criticism than I recall in the past<<
I noticed that too -- I wonder if it's a result of Pickler being such a DAW?

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Your assessment of Kat's Somewhere Over the Rainbow is SPOT ON. I said almost the exact same thing last night. Before she even finished, I turned to my husband and said, "Everyone is going to swoon because she started a cappella, but she had a lot of pitch problems in that song." Singing without accompaniment does not make you great. Singing ON KEY rates higher in my book.

And the idea that this was the best performance in AI history is ludicrous. JMHO. People have short memories.

05-17-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I didn't notice any pitch problems. Not like in Elliot's songs. And Taylor, with all his running around, doesn't even have to worry about pitch.

Sig by Slice

05-17-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
And the idea that this was the best performance in AI history is ludicrous. JMHO. People have short memories.

I wholeheartedly agree...Simon was pimping his choice too remember, despite what he said, he's an egomaniac!

Um, I remember Bo last year.....Kat didn't come anywhere close to him, no where close...

but to each his/her own

05-17-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
How many other performances can you remember where Seacrest turned to the singer afterwards and said, and I'm quoting "Wow. That was beautiful." None this year.

05-17-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I don't listen to what Ryan says most of the time...I didn't like it but I can see how some would...but Simon said it could be the best ever...no way

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Kat and Bo have two completely different voices. His is gravelly and earthy and wonderful, and hers is lyrical and passionate. Her a cappella singing was fine on "Over the Rainbow," even though I would have preferred that she sing through more phrases than she did without taking breaths. Her personal phrasing choices did not detract from the basic beauty and warmth of her presentation.

Bo brings passion and sensuality to this type of singing. He completely sang his face off last year, and had he not been vocally fatigued in the final, he may have walked away with the title. I was bummed that he did not win.

But by my lights, both of them are superiour a cappella singers and for different reasons.

(Vocally, I do not think that Taylor can hold a candle to Bo, but again, they seek to achieve different things in their chosen genres of music.)

--Singer

05-17-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
and I prefer Bo's voice, etc. to Kat's. I was disagreeing with Simon's comment that SOTR could be the best in AI history...

05-17-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I definitely understand your point. He does pimp hard when he's pimping, yes? I guess he was going for the soundbite...

--Singer

05-17-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
My memory is fine, thank you very much. I've relistened to this several times. There were no pitch problems. None. Even Randy, the only one of the judges to ever point out pitch problems, didn't point any out. There was not one single moment in the song when she went off-key. Not one. Find it and listen to it again. You can dislike it all you want for other reasons, but pitch was not a problem.

05-17-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Wordy, word.

The responses are very interesting to me. Incredible.
Just incredible.

I think that Miles Davis was a horrible human being, because he allegedly beat his wife (Cicely Tyson). BUT he was a genius on the trumpet. My dislike of him cannot change the clear fact of his musical ability.

Anyway, I hope that Katherine and Taylor make it to the finals. Of the two, I'll be happy with either winner.

--Singer

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
You know everyweek I have read people talk about Paris being a DIVA or PRINCESS. Until she left not much was said about KAT. This is ridiculous, how can people dislike so much that it makes them see or hear things that are not there.
Let us look at Taylors response to Simon, Wow he is clapping and smiling. was that disrespectful, No one mentioned that.

Kat is one of the more talented performers to be in the competition and only time and record sales will show how talented.

We were very lucky to see so much talent this year.
jags

05-17-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
"We were very lucky to see so much talent this year."

Best comment made in this thread, jags.

05-17-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Indeed. And I agree wholeheartedly!

Sig by Slice

05-18-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Um..."
>I think that Miles Davis was
>a horrible human being, because
>he allegedly beat his wife
>(Cicely Tyson). BUT he was
>a genius on the trumpet.
>My dislike of him cannot
>change the clear fact of
>his musical ability.

She wasn't the only one of his wives that he beat. I met Frances Taylor (his first wife) in LA with relatives of mine who were friends of hers ... but, you know, like you, I'd rather talk about Miles' music.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

05-17-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Just out of curiousity, why no comments on Taylor's pitch problems in You Are So Beautiful. (I’m thinking of both “me”s in the opening, and now that I'm listening to it again, he has trouble holding the vibrato on those too.)

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Because some people see Kat as a spoiled, snooty, technical singer while some people see Taylor as the happy-go-lucky, drunk, let's run around the stage and spasm singer.

In short, they hold Kat to a higher singing standard because Taylor's a better (and expected to err on the technical parts of songs) character.

05-17-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Exactly.

And with all the running around and other silliness, Taylor doesn't have to worry about pitch anyway.

Sig by Slice

05-17-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
And at the the end.

He (Taylor) was also pitchy on his last song...

I love his showmanship, and I have always thought his musicianship came second.

Vibrato or no vibrato, Taylor often exhibits pitch indefinition--partially because he dances around the stage. He danced less last night, yet I could hear some of these problems. But in terms of his total presentation, I still think that he sang his face off, and I mean that as a compliment. A high compliment. I was riveted by his performances, and when he was done, I was literally dancing around the room. This is because his love of music is completely infectious. It moves the listener. A few bad notes here or there don't matter when the overall artistic expression is captivating or uplifting. I really believe that this competition is Taylor's to lose, because he is comfortable in his own skin.

I have always loved Elliott's musicianship, but I have always thought his showmanship appears in patches. He also clutches vocally and loses his focus when he's nervous. These vocal inconsistencies may be reflections of his personality.

Katherine remains the most vocally consistent technical singer, even with mistakes that she has made in many songs. Her stage presence on Elvis night was fun in the group sing. I thought it was good in "Over the Rainbow," as well. Her confidence as a singer comes through in her music, because she is well-prepared. Her confidence also prompts her to belt more than she needs to, but this is also a function of youth. She will become the biggest star of the three finalists, even if she loses, because she sings well across musical styles and genres. Taylor is more limited in this respect.

Bottom line for me is that all 3 singers have significant strengths and weaknesses. But last night, Elliott's weaknesses overcame him, and I believe that he had the worst overall night of the competitors. I say this, and I love his voice.

My rankings:
1. Taylor (knocked it out of the park on all 3 songs, pitch problems notwithstanding)

2. Katherine (loved "Over the Rainbow," liked her on the last Ella song, "I Believe I Can Fly" was fine, not bad, o.k.)

3. Elliott (all 3 songs were rather bland, his voice was tight, which caused him to sharp throughout his presentations, with the exception of the last song; he is showing some vocal fatigue.)

It'll be interesting to see what America thinks.

--Singer

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Singer--agree with 99 percent of your comments...so nicely stated, too!

The only one difference is that while I think Kat can do well after Idol, if she is not the winner then I think Taylor will outshine her...for the reasons you stated about his performance. Taylor is so infectious. I have replayed his Try a Little Tenderness several times since last night and delighted in it every time. I think there are loads of non AI watching music buyers out that there who will discover Taylor after AI. They will delight in his infectiousness...and his soulfulness.

As I read on another site....someone compared listening to Taylor to an endorphin rush...and I think that's what he does for many!

As for Kat, there are many singers like her. Very good, but many others out there. Not as much of an endorphin rush either.

05-17-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
agree. i noticed that too.
i don't think he is a great vocalist. he is a good performer though.

05-17-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
>>why no comments on Taylor's pitch problems in You Are So Beautiful<<

Yeah, I caught that -- and Elliott had some pitch issues too (though I didn't hear the "sharp the whole time" thing that Randy mentioned). They've all had bad notes. They're singing live - it's going to happen.

I guess I pointed out Kat's pitch issues for 2 reasons --

1. They are consistent and predictable. The cause of them is identifiable.

2. She is touted by many to be a great technician, so I tend to be more technical when I comment about her.

Sooooo, If she's such a great technician, and the cause of her pitch issues is easily identifiable...why isn't she fixing them? Or at least avoiding them until she CAN fix them ('cause you can't fix technique issues in a week)?

Also, she really kinda leaves me cold...hooters do nothing for me...so rather than feeling something, I tend to notice an icky run.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-17-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Fairly easy ranking in my book....

1. Taylor - "You Are So Beautiful" may have been his best performance of the season, and in my book probably the best overall this season. The other performances were very solid, although I wasn't a huge fan of his last one.

2. Kat - I've been a fan since the beginning, but I just don't picture myself buying her CD or being a real fan of her music. Taylor fits my listening habits a lot better, so I'm pulling for him in what is sure to be a close final vote. Plus that version of "I Believe I Can Fly" was just horrendous.

3. Elliott - Not a bad night, but both Taylor and Kat had much more outstanding performances and wow-ed the crowd, while Elliott was simply good - not great like he needed to be.

Taylor Hicks - Idol '06

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
i just re-watched AI on Tivo...

1. Kat- she gets more b-##### comments from Paula and Randy than anyone I can remember...Watch it again...she was solid from start to finish...why is it everytime she sings a song they claim shes trying to be someone shes not...but its ok for Taylor to be compared to Joe Cocker or Ray Charles or Elliot to sing just like whoevers version he sang last night...its whack.

2. Taylor- not the best singer,but hes fun and he sings from his soul....

3. elliott- ive never connected with Elliott all season...I just dont see what a lot of other people see.

RatPat 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-06, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Since determining the winner based upon merit went out the window last week, I'm basing my selection on who I believe would benefit the most from winning.

Elliott has had the toughest road to travel in life so far, so he get's the nod from me.

Kat's 20 minutes from home when she's performing.

Taylor would be gone if SNL hadn't spoofed him and made millions of Americans aware of him.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
I disagree with you. AI has much bigger ratings than SNL. There is also quite a bit of audience overlap.

Taylor had big fan sites long before SNL spoofed him. Taylor has fans going out and buying extra cell phones just so they can send in text messages so their votes get through. Hope it is enough!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-17-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
Just a few comments on last night's show and on the season in general...

First, as much as Kat has disappointed me this season (so much talent, but for some reason can't sing anything other than jazz/blues well at all), last night her rendition of SOTR was beautiful. I was a Katherine fan in the beginning (before she started sucking and being off key more than half of the time she was on the stage), but lately I've wondered why she's managed to stick around since she seems unable to sing anything that doesn't have a jazzy or bluesy feel to it (I don't understand why this is...usually if you can sing jazz/blues well, it translates well to other genres). She irks the hell out of me with some of her diction and inflections. She often enunciates her words in a way that is completely unfriendly to music and sounds like chalk on a blackboard. But there's no denying that the woman has a phenomenal voice. That's why it's so irritating to me when she sucks so badly...all of that potential and she's so unable to reel it in when she's not in her comfort zone.

As for Elliot...I swear the producers had it out for him last night. WTF was up with those song selections? Seriously? Open Arms? Come on. And Paula's choice was absolutely horrendous. He did fantastically given the awful choices he was given. Sure his choice wasn't the best (because the audience is totally unfamiliar with it), but at least it was a good pick for his voice and style. I fear that his time is up, but I'm very pleased that he's come as far as he did (I didn't expect it because of early criticisms of his look rather than his voice). I still think he's the best of the season (overall), but he's not a polished performer.

Then there's Taylor. I think this has been his to lose for about 6 weeks now. Initially, Chris had it in the bag, but when Chris couldn't bring himself to come out of his alt-rock /Creed shell, he lost some of his momentum (okay, a lot of it...I was a huge Chris fan in the beginning, but he got old really fast because he did the same schtick each week with no attemps to mix it up at all). Taylor also grew old quickly, but because he's soooooooooo different, I think he won a lot of people over immediately and hasn't lost much ground since the beginning. Last night he was okay...nothing really spectacular. He's been just okay for most of the final 12. He's a true music-lover, but definitely the weakest voice of the final three. Aside from what's her name (the annoying as all hell country chick who stunk almost every night...oh yeah Kellie *wince*) and Mandisa's early departure (which I'm sure was due to her song choice and not her voice), I think the audience did a fantastic job this season. The final 5 was exactly as it should have been, which has never happened in the history of AI (there's always been someone who shouldn't have been there based upon talent). Regardless of the results this year, I think we should think about how much talent we've had this season and we should be happy that we've had such a fantastic top five. Kudos to America for (finally) getting it right!

In my dream world, Elliot would be the winner, but I'm not delusional...I'm sure he's going home tonight after last night's performances by Katherine (and the fact that Taylor fans are rabid). I'll be satisfied with whomever wins though, because all three of them are worthy in their own way. I just *heart* Elliot more than everyone else...

05-18-06, 11:16 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
>>I think the audience did a fantastic job this season. The final 5 was exactly as it should have been, which has never happened in the history of AI (there's always been someone who shouldn't have been there based upon talent). Regardless of the results this year, I think we should think about how much talent we've had this season and we should be happy that we've had such a fantastic top five. Kudos to America for (finally) getting it right!<<

Amen.

Sonya10 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya10 Click to send private message to Sonya10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Rankings - Final Three"
If you didn't even watch the program you must not be to big of a fan and for that reason who cares who you like

05-18-06, 06:56 PM (EST)
64. "WARNING"
I'm sorry to do this to your very first post, but posts like this one (whomever this is directed toward) are a violation of the community guidelines. If you continue to make posts like this, your privileges of posting on this site will be removed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •