The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Comments on this Brandon theory please"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-14-01, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Comments on this Brandon theory please"
I've posted this theory a whole bunch of times in various threads ever since the beginning of this series but no one has bitten. I'm copying it from one of them.

This is why I think Brandon has ALWAYS been irrational where Frank is concerned.

>>Let's look at Brandon's profile...an army brat, gay, who dropped out of college. I'm not picturing the smoothest relationship between Brandon and his army Dad. I'm seeing a rather bossy father disappointed in his gay, dropout son...and a gay dropout son with very complex feelings about his Dad, thinking that there is nothing he can do to please him or make him understand him but (perhaps?) craving his respect anyway. Look at Frank, and the role he tried to play early in Samboohoo....I imagine Brandon dealing with Frank and subconsiously it's "OhmyGod! Dad's here."

As Bungler said:
"Whatever happens, Episode 10 is called "We Are Family" and seems to imply some kind of respectful calm. If Brandon succeeds, he could very well garner the respect of one of the people he most dislikes"

Perhaps he might really want this on a deeper level and is not even aware of it.

OR....

As Rose Red said:
"Brandon's hatred of Fank, I am sorry to say will be his tragic flaw."

I agree, this could result in a "I'll show you at all costs" mentality.

Either way, there's more than just the relationship of Frank and Brandon here....I detect the ghost of Brandi's Daddy hovering nearby. <<

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Comments on this Brandon theory... zzz 12-14-01 1
 RE: Comments on this Brandon theory... Naked 12-14-01 2
   RE: Comments on this Brandon theory... Afreaqua 12-17-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-01, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Comments on this Brandon theory please"
I am not sure about all the psycho-babble, but I agree that Brandon's dislike of Frank (and vice versa) was what ultimately made an OS reunion impossible, and it doomed Brandon and probably Frank as well.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-14-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Comments on this Brandon theory please"
No offence Afriqua, but this post should be over on the Survivor Fan page. There is no sploiling info here.
Naked

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-17-01, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Comments on this Brandon theory please"
You're probably right....

When I had initially posted this theory it was within a spoiler thread discussing the effect of the Brandon/Frank relationship on the outcome of the game which at the time had spoiler value...I thought that this could very well effect Brandon's decision making capabilities in regards to Frank (and that logic would NOT be the driving force...which happened). Now that Brandon is gone of course, it is of no value whatever except for human interest for those who like this game because of the phsychology/interaction of the players.

My apologies for posting to the wrong thread.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •