The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Greatest American Dog Finale-spoile..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Current Message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Greatest American Dog Finale-spoile..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-08 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

I think most of us knew it would come down to this. It wasn't extremely painful, but for me, quite frustrating.

I have never cared for Victoria Stillwell-I'm a die-hard Cesar Milan fan, and their tecniques are very different. She's the 'click and treat' sort of person, and he's the pack leader, get down to the level of the dog. I doubt, with all my senses, that Victoria Stillwell could have taken any of the Micheal Vick Pit Bulls and rehab'd them with her 'click and treat' tecnique. But I could be wrong. I've seen Cesar take dogs that were in a close second and reha'b them, and make them adoptable.

OK, just wanted to get that out of my brain, and not post spoiler in the first paragraph.

We were down to Presley, the 16 month old boxer; Andrew, the Maltese, (age unknown by me); and Galaxy, the border collie(?). Someone correct me on his/her breed, please. I'm drawing a blank here....thanks!

Anyway, we've seen throughout this show that Galaxy was a front-runner at all the competitions. Got along well with all the other dogs and people in the house. JD, Galaxy's owner had a way of training that Victoria did NOT approve of. JD was reprimanded several times for 'intimidating' his dog because he'd look Galaxy in the eyes, point at her, and say 'no' in a very REAL way. Don't know how else to say it. Galaxy never shivvered or shied away from JD, just did what she was asked to do.

Prestley learned mostly as he went, by watching the others, as his owner, Travis asked and watched the others, including JD, Bill, and Laurie, Andrew's owner.

Andrew, the Maltese, is an amazing little guy, who, when taken away from mamma, freaks out. He doesn't tear up the coach, or shred the curtains, but he will NOT stop until he finds his mamma! No matter who or what is around him, he's gone! As long as Laurie was with him, Andrew would do ANYTHING, including going underneath, and standing still in front of a humungous elephant! Good Dog, Andrew! And adorable as well. Just a mamma's boy. Laurie promotes gentle training, with no raising your voice and no punishments. That's great for a little dog whose only joy in life is to please mamma. But you know what? I have a Queensland who adores both my husband and me, and he will NOT listen to us unless we raise our voices and direct him with serious commands. He's too busy looking for a job to do.

The judges interviewed the final 3 before they decided who would be au'fed (oop's, wrong show!). Because JD didn't bathe Galaxy more than a few times a year, he was cut. Sorry, but I saw no other reason for them to cut him. Again, thank you, Victoria Stillwell for your amazing reasoning!!

Down to Presley and Andrew. And the final competiton was a combo of a lot of the previous ones: climb, jump, go under and around the elephant. Both did well. But during the interview stage, Andrew couldn't stay in the arena for more than 30 seconds without mamma. Again, no scratching, screetching, or tearing apart the curtains. Just looking for her!

When asked why they should be the 'Greatest Dog' blah blah. Laurie compared Travis and Prestley to newlyweds who still haven't found eachother's faults and/or learned enough to really shine. She and Andrew know everything there is to know, and Andrew is at the top of his game.

Travis said Prestly is still learning, has come a long ways, and will continue to shine. He's fallen in love with his dog, and feels he's found the love of his life (cue in to the other women from the house who are all balling their eyes out! ICK!)

In the end, the winners are: TRAVIS AND PRESTLEY!!! Whoohoo!! They got the victory trophy and $250K, which makes Travis even MORE atractive!!

Prestley was quite excited and barked and jumped and ran around the arena with his head held high. Travis did the same-minus the barking. What comes next?? Who knows. A new show for JD-the Dog Whisperer's Assistant??? Travis and Prestley's Tips for the Day? Andrew and Laurie on the road with the circus??

Victoria Stillwell runs away with the Circus? Let's only hope!

ETA: forgive the typo's and misspells. I have no idea if Prestley has another 'e' or not...look it up if it bothers you that much!! ;-0

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Greatest American Dog Finale-spoile...   mindy23     09-11-08       
   RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Loree     09-11-08     1  
     RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kingfish     09-11-08     9  
   RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   thndrkttn     09-11-08     2  
   RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   byoffer     09-11-08     3  
   RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Glow     09-11-08     4  
     RE: An FYI on the 'icky' comment   mindy23     09-11-08     5  
         RE: An FYI on the 'icky' comment   Glow     09-11-08     6  
   RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kingfish     09-11-08     7  
     RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Glow     09-11-08     8  
         RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kingfish     09-11-08     10  
             RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Glow     09-11-08     11  
                 RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   byoffer     09-11-08     12  
                     RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Glow     09-11-08     13  
                         RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kingfish     09-11-08     14  
                             RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   byoffer     09-11-08     16  
                                 RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kingfish     09-11-08     17  
                                 RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kidflash212     07-10-16     23  
                 RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   kingfish     09-11-08     18  
                     RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Snidget     09-11-08     19  
                     RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Glow     09-12-08     21  
     RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   Loree     09-11-08     15  
         RE: Greatest American Dog Finale-sp...   mindy23     09-11-08     20  
   Tillman   Loree     12-21-08     22  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •