The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official CBS E10 Information"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-01, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official CBS E10 Information"
Here is the official information from CBS about E10 that we know. Some, if not all, of this has been posted before, but I could not find it and, besides, now that we have seen E9, it makes sense to me to start this discussion fresh.

Title: We Are Family

CBS Website Description:

One tribe member gives a selfless blessing to another.

Some of the tribe members pair up on their own to cooperate at a Reward Challenge, revealing telling friendships and alliances.

Tom washes the women.

P.S. I'll give my thoughts later after others have chimed in.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official CBS E10 Information Canada Girl 12-14-01 1
 RE: Official CBS E10 Information zzz 12-14-01 2
   RE: Official CBS E10 Information Bebo 12-14-01 3
       RE: Official CBS E10 Information zzz 12-14-01 4
       RE: Official CBS E10 Information Naked 12-14-01 5
           RE: Official CBS E10 Information I_AM_HE 12-14-01 6
           RE: Official CBS E10 Information TheWanderer 12-14-01 7
 RE: Official CBS E10 Information Dalton 12-14-01 8
   RE: Official CBS E10 Information Serendipity 12-16-01 12
 RE: Official CBS E10 Information Outfrontgirl 12-16-01 9
 RE: Official CBS E10 Information fyrenice 12-16-01 10
   RE: Official CBS E10 Information gemstone 12-16-01 11
 Title sleeeve 12-16-01 13
 Selfless Blessing NorthOfBoston 12-17-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-01, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
Give your thoughts now zzz! they are always insightful and spark good discussion.

I especially want to hear others reactions to the "blessing" thing. I find that very puzzling. (could just be Friday, not thinking hard...)

12-14-01, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
OK--it has been almost 2 hours no one wants to give their thoughts and Canada Girl wants to hear mine--so here it is.

We Are Family--I thought this might refer to a reward challenge involving the players' real families, but the clue about the reward seems to eliminate that possibility. So I am left with thinking that it means that OB takes Lex back and OB is one big happy family. I don't see how it can mean a "sister" alliance. There are only 3 females--not enough to take power--and KimJ seems pretty tight with at least Ethan and Tom, and Teresa seems pretty tight with Frank. It very well could have a meaning no one has considered yet.

The selfless blessing--This is by far the most interesting new piece of information. I am very puzzled by this and think it may be the big clue to who goes next. My gut tells me that KimP lets Teresa and Frank know that she has had enough and they can vote against her to try to get the favor of OB--although of course OB has no one but Frank and Teresa to go after next anyway. I cannot see it coming from an OB. Maybe it is Frank trying to save Teresa. Other than KimP or Frank--I have a hard time seeing who it would be or what it would be.

Reward challenge friendships and alliances--This is very cryptic and I am not sure what to make of it. In the past, when they have paired up it was done randomly (like the Frank-Brandon date). Furthermore, they have an odd number of people this coming episode so it cannot be a formal paired event. Maybe it is some kind of treasure hunt and people end up pairing up some how. I just am not sure what it can mean.

Tom shower assistance--This has been shown on the previews so we know what it means. He LOVES helping the women by splashing water on them to help them shower. He is not my kind of person--but they seem to like him out there in Africa. Whatever--I really don't care about this one (although the women in bathing suits are not bad to look at).

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-01, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
Solid insight as usual, zzz.

Just checked the closed caption transcript, and Lex does refer to OB as his family. I also thought there was a place earlier in the episode where he referred to the whole tribe as a family except for Frank the outsider. Couldn't find it in the transcript, though.

My one addition is that I think the title reference could be broader than just the OB, and refer to the voting off of the outsider, Frank, leaving behind the whole tribal "family".

12-14-01, 02:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
>My one addition is that I
>think the title reference could
>be broader than just the
>OB, and refer to the
>voting off of the outsider,
>Frank, leaving behind the whole
>tribal "family".

The problem with that is that the title usually refers to what happens during the episode--not just at the very end. If Frank leaving would make the group a "family" then it should be E11 that is called "we are family" which would show the group right after Frank's boot. I think that something that goes on during the course of the episode brings a group of people (possibly everyone in one big happy family) together to feel like a cohesive family. It may be OB, it may be everyone, or it may be a new group that forms (or of course, it may be something else altogether).

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-14-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
<<<I also thought there was a place earlier in the episode where he referred to the whole tribe as a family except for Frank the outsider. Couldn't find it in the transcript, though.
>>>
Bebo,
Good catch, but it was on SI where he made the family comments, not on the show. Thats why its not in the transcript.
I personaly think that We are family will have a double meaning. On S2, they flew all the family's of the contestants to LA, so that the RC winner (Cloby at the time) could have his mom flown over quickly. They might fly over all the families on a team that wins to have dinner this time.
Naked

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-01, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
I think the reward challenge means that people team up so that someone wins an individual challenge (by working to finsh that one person's task), or, more interestingly, to KEEP someone (Lex?) from winning one (by slowing them down, or giving them more things to do, ala Silas in Ep 5). and I'm sure it reveals whether or not Boran is still together...

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-14-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
Naked,
I agree with you regarding having the families of the winning RC "team" for dinner. Maybe this has to do with the "selfless blessing" as well. Maybe one person of the winning RC team gets to decide whether to see their family members, or to replace themselves with another member of the tribe, who gets to see their own family. This would be a selfless act and a blessing to that person receiving it. If that situation occurs and someone does take advantage of that option, that person could have the game sewn up. Given the personalities, I can see Ethan giving up his opportunity to see family by giving it to Frank, Lex, or Tom, or any one of the others with more intense familial relationships. If someone gave you that type of "blessing", would you ever place their name on that piece of paper, except to vote for them as the ultimate survivor?

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-14-01, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
If the line "One tribe member gives a selfless blessing to another." is REALLY an important clue; then I believe it would most likely fit FRANK and TERESA.

F/T have been together from the beginning, never waivering.

Frank plays by a personal code of loyality and honor.

If Frank saw in advance that Boran (lead by LEX's stubborn, paranoid "gut") were going to vote him out.

Frank would do the "selfless" thing and go to Teresa -- release her from their bond and give her his "blessing" to vote against him so that Teresa could stay in a better position in the end game.

Dalton

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
And in EP9 Frank tells Tom that he and Teresa "are like family".

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-01, 05:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
I agree with zzz and Dalton's suggestions that the "selfless blessing" probably comes from Frank to Teresa, a la Rodger falling on his sword for Lis.

This was only mentioned on S Insider, but Frank appointed Teresa to mediate with Boran because that's what she does best, even though the show made us feel like Tom and Frank just got together on their own. Frank knows he is not the guy who can form an alliance with the other tribe, but T-bird can.

According to the "layered meanings" theory, some have said the RC is about their families at home as well as some camp dynamic. I agree. It's probably the analogous challenge to the Internet Cafe family chat last season. (A high-tech upgrade of the home videos and later the phone call in S1, though either could recur.)

I venture to predict it's sponsored by Cingular--not a large stretch.

Ep 11 is called The Big Adventure. There were some aerial shots of herds in Kenya in the recap, so they make take a plane or helicopter overflight of Africa (as with the Barrier Reef adventure (only not a honeymoon). So this is the "phone call" ep.

The last RC will be in 12, and will likely be the traditional visitor from home. 10 is too early to have a family member visit, as this reward is difficult to co-ordinate. Both prior seasons, they had to fly everyone's family member to the closest American gateway (I assume NY for Africa) and have reservations for all until the challenge determined who got on the flight.
They will save it for the last RC, like last time, if they repeat the tradition at all.

Big speculation: The RC losers feel disconsolate and break down and talk about how they miss their family, and someone says: we are family out here together. LOL, how about Frank? (He can compare the boma to a big thorny but cozy womb.) They all agree and then they boot his ass out...

Or KimP's, a loss which will sadden so many male viewers and Big Tom too.

fyrenice 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-01, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fyrenice Click to send private message to fyrenice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-01 AT 08:20 AM (EST)

Here is a little speculation. Does the selfless blessing have to do with TC. What if it has to do with the following line of the summary?
Maybe only one of the people that teamed up gets the reward, so lets say Tom selflessly lets KimP have it. That seems much more likely. Blessing could be just a loosely used word meaning gift in this case.
Does anyone know if the episode previews have been shown written in any order in the past? Because that would support the above view. It would follow line two in the summary if it was referring to TC.

I personally am more interested in the "revealing telling friendships and alliances" line. MB's unlikely date was really unlikely. His twist really did realign things, so I think he really means revealing. Who's friendship have we really not seen so far (spoilers and regular viewers)?
Teresa- Ethan,MammaKim, Tom, Lex, KimP
Frank- Ethan,Mammakim,Tom, Lex, KimP
Ethan- KimP, Frank,Teresa, Mammakim
Tom- Teresa, Kimp, Mammakim
KimP- Lex,Ethan,Tom, Frank, Teresa
Lex-KimP, Teresa,
If the line means what it states, it must mean cross alliances lines. The first one beside each name would be my best guess. It definitely not a spoiler, but it is thought food.
Fyre

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-01, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official CBS E10 Information"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-01 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

I thought the RC was the food auction. This is the exact same episode as last time. Nick, Liz, Keith, Colby, Tina, Roger and Amber. Telling friendships, Liz and Tina pooled their money to buy a meal.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-16-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Title"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-01 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

I've said before that I believe the title this week refers to the fact that they will have to boot someone they like, and consider family, but that they msut strategically eject from the game.

...now that we know the title has nothing to do with Brandon, I think this may have something to do with someone that is being portrayed as very likable, and liked by all:

Kim Powers, Ethan, Teresa, Mama Kim, and Big Tom all fit this role.

Therefore, I'd hazard a guess that Frank and Lex are safe... for now.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-17-01, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Selfless Blessing"
ONE TRIBE MEMBER GIVES A SELFLESS BLESSING TO ANOTHER

This reminds me of Tina and Keith on the poles in S2. Keith: "Tina, I need this. . ." and Tina got down. Who NEEDS immunity now? Lex and Frank. Teresa might give a blessing of immunity to Frank. Who the hell in his/her right mind would give one to Lex? Certainly not Tom, who has his own votes to deal with. I assume not MamaKim, with her high-and-mighty-attitude about ethical game play (why aren't we seeing her comments on Lex's approach?), unless she wants to win points with the jury with an exhibition of look-what-a-team-player-I-am. I can only see Ethan possibly doing it, but I think he's nervous enough about being on the chopping block (anyone else notice his performance in EP9's immunity challenge? He seemed to be trying NOT to win the challenge, perhaps to draw attention away from himself).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •