The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"spoilers/rumors for May 16"

this is from someone I trust.

The mayor of Elliott's hometown announced on the radio today that Paula picked a song for him:

"What You Won't Do For Love," by Bobby Caldwell.

Now I have to find a download, because I have no recall of what that is. But I'm told I'll know it when I hear it ....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 priestdi 05-12-06 1
   RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 priestdi 05-12-06 3
       RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 priestdi 05-12-06 4
           RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 Fishercat 05-12-06 6
               RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 tenmeters 05-13-06 9
               RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 SOfan0221 05-14-06 10
               RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 Devious Weasel 05-15-06 14
 RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 priestdi 05-12-06 2
   RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 geekboy 05-12-06 5
 Kat's song priestdi 05-13-06 7
   RE: Kat's song Fishercat 05-13-06 8
 RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 zazzy 05-15-06 11
   RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 nailbone 05-15-06 12
   RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 singer 05-15-06 13
       RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 tamarama 05-15-06 15
           RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 singer 05-16-06 21
 RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 xwraith27 05-15-06 16
   RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16 priestdi 05-15-06 17
 Clive's Choices geekboy 05-16-06 18
   RE: Clive's Choices tenmeters 05-16-06 22
       RE: Clive's Choices geekboy 05-16-06 23
   RE: Clive's Choices priestdi 05-16-06 24
   RE: Clive's Choices tamarama 05-16-06 25
 Summary Of Spoilers So Far... geekboy 05-16-06 19
   RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far... SouthernSista 05-16-06 20
   RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far... emydi 05-16-06 26
       RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far... Magnolia_Rocker 05-16-06 28
   RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far... geekboy 05-16-06 27
       RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far... tenmeters 05-16-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-12-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
found a spot to listen to it:

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,192575,00.html

and ooooooooooooooooooh.

yeah I DO know that song. lol.

major pop.

05-12-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
3. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
OK, this validates geekboy's rumor too. it's courtesy of Juli elsewhere, don't know where she got it ...

and ... so Clive Davis isn't picking their second songs? thank god.

Spoiler alert for Taylor: Simon picked "Desperado" for him to sing and supposedly Taylor's choice is "Try a Little Tenderness."

Deperado is actually a very fine choice for Taylor. And speaking as someone from Simon's generation, I can totally imagine Simon coming up with that one!

05-12-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
4. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"

weird, why am I the only one on this thread? lol.

OK, the Simon/Desperado rumor is wrong.

(I thought it was odd he was choosing for Taylor anyway, when Kat seems like his natural choice .... and yeah, he's picking for Kat.)

According to FOX 6 in Birmingham, Randy picked the song: "You Are So Beautiful"

I think I'd MUCH prefer Desperado, personally.

and Oh, they are each doing THREE songs? one they pick, one a judge picks and one Clive picks?

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-06, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Honestly, I've been waiting for Taylor to do one of two things this year

A) A quality Eagles song
B) A quality Joe Cocker song

Either of those two choices of the judges makes me happy, but I would prefer Desperado as well.

And it has been three songs in the F3 in the past, so I assume it will be this time as well.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-06, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Don't think he can pull it off. Desperado is a heavy ballad and demands a powerful voice.
taylor is good only when the song is dancy.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-14-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
So totally agree on Taylor singing Joe Cocker. I would love to hear him do 'The Letter'

So many cool Eagle songs, and Desperado is one of them. I think Taylor would do a great job.

Kathryn is just so-hum to me. Not at all sure why she is still there.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
The Eagles refuse to clear any of their songs. The producers have said on several occasions they would love to have an Eagles night, but the band keeps saying no.

05-12-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
2. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
hey geekboy!

where did you hear this?

1) Taylor is a smart boy. He's choosing "Try A Little Tenderness" since they didn't clear it for Love Song week.

I read somewhere that he's doing a song they couldn't get cleared that week, but I didn't know which one.

and ... he couldn't choose it. Maybe that's Clive's choice? I'm guessing Randy is picking for him, and that doesn't seem like a Randy choice to me ...

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-06, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
One choice by the idols themselves.

One choice by the judges

One choice by Clive.

3 songs each.

geekboy

05-13-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
7. "Kat's song"

has anyone else seen/heard this?

my friend Mary saw this somewhere ....

According to some people who went to Kat's homecoming thing, Simon chose "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for her. She also mentioned something about "Man I Feel Like A Woman" and singing it because she was the only woman left and wanted to be proud of that.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kat's song"
I heard that on VFTW in an update thread, so it's quite possible.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"

From the officialsoulpatrol.com site:

CONFIRMED :

Simon Cowell Chose Judy Garland's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
for Katharine Mcphee.

Randy Jackson chose "You are so Beautiful" by Joe Cocker for Taylor Hicks

Paula Abdul chose "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell for Elliott Yamin

STRONG INDICATOR -- Taylor will choose to sing TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS for his second song ( the song he should have sang but was not allowed to in Classic Love Song Night).

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Randy Jackson chose "You are so Beautiful" by Joe Cocker for Taylor Hicks

Could Dawg have gotten ANY more cliche'd????

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Zazzy, thanks for the heads up. "Over the Rainbow" would work well for Kat if she does the Sam Harris arrangement (he was covering Patti LaBelle) and stylises the song a bit. It could be a strong moment for her, provided that she does not resort to screaming (out of key) in her neck. That arrangement is very lyrical and it requires beautiful legato lines. It also could showcase her range (which even for a young, developing singer remains impressive).

The Taylor song sounds like a good choice to me. If he sits down and creates a mood and moans into the mike, he'll get a lot of votes. Plenty of votes...

The Elliott song could be very boring, unless he puts some interesting runs in there or even if he "scats" and improvises through part of a verse.

Bottom line with all choices is that they can work well if the singers add something special to them. If they do not, the songs could all be boring.

--Singer

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Eeeeek!!! Please please please NO SAM HARRIS!!!

OTRB is such a classic, beautiful melody it does not need the over-sung, over-embelished, over-kill, over-indulgent treatment that Harris gave it all those years ago. (re-emphasize hint: all those years ago)

Since she already tends to over-sing, and has major pitch problems when she sticks on too many embellishments, Kat's best bet is to sing this simply.

And another one with the too many runs...Elliot trods too close to the 'too much' line too often already (that's the one thing I don't like about him) -- he doesn't need to be encouraged to do MORE runs.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
Everyone has their own musical tastes, and I will stick with mine.

--Singer

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-06, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"
mjsbigblog.com has posted hints on Elliott's songs:

Clive Davis song:
"Elliott is so happy to have come this far on this journey of American Idol. He listened with an open mind to Clive's song choice and I'm sure you will be very pleased with the outcome."

Personal song choice:
"I believe you will love this song, even if you aren't familiar with it. Elliott has a way of picking only the best songs and this is no exception to that. Trust me, it'll be the ray of sunshine in your day."

The prevailing speculation on these song choices are "Open Arms" by Journey, and "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying" by Ray Charles.

On a personal note, I hope no one sings "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" this season. It's the "Car curse" of American Idol. Everyone who sang this song lost, three finishing 2nd and 1 finishing in third: Justin, Clay, Jasmine, Bo.

05-15-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: spoilers/rumors for May 16"

i've heard "open Arms" by Journey is Clive's choice, but I don't know if it's based on that clue or some other source.

05-16-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Clive's Choices"
Entertainment Tonight has announced Clive Davis's song choices for the Top 3:

Elliott Yamin: "Open Arms" by Journey
Taylor Hicks: "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen
Katharine McPhee: "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly

The only one I'm excited by is Taylor's. Elliot's and Kat's are a couple of those way-overdone AI staples.

Kat doing R.Kelley? Doesn't seem right.

geekboy

05-16-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Clive's Choices"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

you're right . i dont think they want kat to win with those choices.
she cannot possibly pull off those songs. she's gonna be terrible.
just what they did to jasmine.
btw, taylor's songs are absolutely perfect for him save for you r so beautiful.

05-16-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Clive's Choices"
He will do great with You Are So Beautiful. Don't you remember Joe Cocker's version of that? He needs to get a bit gravelly for it though...

geekboy

05-16-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Clive's Choices"
ah you beat me, lol. time zones strike again!

here I've been dissing Clive's choices all week, and then he picks one of my favorite Bruce Springsteen songs. aaah.

but the other two. I have to go listen to downloads, because I have no idea what Open Arms is (I assume it will be familiar, but maybe not) and Kat's .... that can't be the one with a rhyming line about the FBI right? lol!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Clive's Choices"
"Open Arms" -- Eh.
"Dancing in the Dark" -- Eh.
"I Believe I Can Fly" YIKES!!!!!

Why oh why do people have to sing that hideous song?

05-16-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
19. "Summary Of Spoilers So Far..."
Taylor:

Try A Little Tenderness
Dancing In The Dark
You Are So Beautiful

Elliot:

Open Arms
What You Won't Do For Love

Kat:

I Believe I Can Fly
Over The Rainbow

geekboy

SouthernSista 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SouthernSista Click to send private message to SouthernSista Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far..."
ok..here it is: Clive's picks

Elliot:
"Open Arms" Journey

Taylor:
"Dancing In the Dark" Bruce Springsteen

Kat:
"I Believe I can Fly" R.Kelly

It's going to be INTERESTING!!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far..."
all I have to say is BLECH to all of them...

I hate Bruce Springstein...but if you're going to pick one...don't pick this one!!! it's CLICHE (sorry geggy)

Ok in an alternate universe, Chris is still in the competition

his pick: Dream On by Aerosmith
CliveMY pick: Turn the Page (as done by Metallica)

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-16-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far..."
Are we the same person Emy?

and add to that "Simple Man" by Shinedown.

*THUD*

Siggy thanks to Syren!

05-16-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far..."
In my ever-so-biased-but-humble opinion, it will be the third straight week where Taylor tops all the others.

"Try A Little Tenderness" could be (and should be) amazing.

geekboy

05-16-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Summary Of Spoilers So Far..."
absolutamente'

kat is dead. clive must hate her. just like clive hated jasmine.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •