The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinals 2012 Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Current Message

dabo 26467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-12, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "QF #4 7/23/12"
Back from vacation, finally got a chance to break from Olympics coverage to watch the performances last week.

01. David "The Bullet" Smith, human cannonball. First, I think the performance was filmed before the start of the live show and see no reason why they needed to pretend otherwise, I don't mind if they did that. What he does is really impressive and death-defying, seen this sort of thing a few times in the past live. Liked how he dressed it up with the football theme and all, that was a good way to present it on television. Don't know how he can keep dressing up the same basic stunt, though. Farther, higher, smaller target, land in a tank of sharks?

02. All That! all-male clogging team. Good set, could have benefitted from a few more stunts, suffered from bad lighting at times and the cameramonkeys made it hard to follow.

03. Ulysses, singer. 3 X'es! Honestly, I don't know what the judges had a problem with, I thought it was a nice tribute to Dick Clark, the singing was good and he didn't stumble over the words at all (it is a semi-hard song, "Bandstand Boogie"). Didn't make good use of the piano and could have interacted a bit more with the dancers, but for all that it was still an enjoyable performance.

04. Joe Castillo, light and sand artist. Wonderful, magical performance marred by shifting camera shots making it hard to follow on TV.

05. Sebastien "el Charro del Oro", 10-year-old mariachi singer and mariachi band. Wonderful singing though not his best performance, though he did hit it big, and the band was wonderful. That said, "Besame Mucho" was a bad song choice, the kid doesn't really have the experience, the emotional cajones, for that one.

06. Eric Dittelman, mind reader. Very neat trick pulled off very well, his stage persona still needs honing.

07. William Close, musician. Gee whiz but the earth harp really is a magical magnificent instrument, and I loved the spinning drums, wonderful wonderful set, though the singer was more emotive than lyrical. My only complaint, really, is that with the backing band and the drummers and the stage dressing girls and the singer and all, the name of the act should be changed, William Close and the something or other.

08. Unity in Motion, all-female dance group. Excellent performance, just short of being a knockout, seemed like they were holding back a bit, and it certainly could have been tighter in a few places. Mainly they could have benefitted from a spectacular finish, which the set suffered from lacking.

09. Eric & Olivia, accompanist and singer. Love her singing though she seemed a bit off in spots tonight (nerves maybe) and didn't quite take the song where it could have gone. Don't really know what he brings to the act but at least he doesn't ruin it or get in her way.

10. Lindsey Norton, gymnastic dancer. Very impressive performance, love how her sparkling personality shines through; wish she'd taken it a bit bigger, could have benefitted from a bit faster tempo musical arrangement.

11. Horse, jackazz. At first I thought the superhero theme was a good idea but then these dumdums managed to make even a good idea seem like a bunch of children playing in the empty lot; it seems there is nothing they can do to overcome what a really dumb and worthless act it genuinely happens to be.

12. Olate Dogs, trained animal act. Great act, loved it! There was one minor glitch early, they recovered well and kept going, then the reluctant dog and the chase and the eventual butt-down slide, great innovative theater. I doubt it is possible for an animal act to win in America, but if it can be done this is the act that will do it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-03-12       
   QF #1 7/2/12   dabo     07-03-12     1  
     Results   dabo     07-04-12     2  
         RE: Results   susang     07-05-12     3  
             RE: Results   dabo     07-05-12     4  
         RE: Results   Max Headroom     07-06-12     5  
   schedule   dabo     07-08-12     6  
   RE: Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-09-12     7  
   QF #2 7/10/12   dabo     07-11-12     8  
     RE: QF #2 7/10/12   frankz     07-11-12     9  
         Results   dabo     07-12-12     10  
             RE: Results   susang     07-12-12     11  
             RE: Results   frankz     07-13-12     13  
                 RE: Results   dabo     07-13-12     14  
   RE: Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-13-12     12  
   QF #3 7/17/12   dabo     07-18-12     15  
     Results   dabo     07-19-12     16  
         RE: Results   susang     07-19-12     17  
   RE: Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-20-12     18  
   QF #4 7/23/12   dabo     07-30-12     19  
     RE: QF #4 7/23/12   dabo     07-31-12     20  
         RE: QF #4 7/23/12   susang     07-31-12     21  
   QF #5 8/14/12 youtubeshow   dabo     08-15-12     22  
     RE: QF #5 8/14/12 youtubeshow   susang     08-15-12     23  
     Results   dabo     08-16-12     24  
   Wildcards revealed   dabo     08-16-12     25  
   QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   dabo     08-22-12     26  
     RE: QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   susang     08-22-12     27  
     RE: QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   frankz     08-22-12     28  
         RE: QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   dabo     08-22-12     29  
     Results   dabo     08-23-12     30  
         RE: Results   frankz     08-23-12     31  
             RE: Results   dabo     08-23-12     32  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •