The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinals 2012 Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Current Message

dabo 26452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-12, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "QF #1 7/2/12"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-12 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

Owing to a thunderstorm hitting early in the evening, which brought with it some much needed rain, a lot of wind knocking down treelimbs, and a lot of relatively unneeded hail except it helped cool things down a few more degrees, I was much too busy with other things last night to watch TV. So I couldn't vote.

All things being whatever all things may be, when I finally got a chance to zip through the recording to watch the performances, it was a truly horrible show. The new stage is awful, too much tech getting in the way. The good news is that NBC has finally found a way to even the playing field for the visual acts. No, the directors and camera-critters haven't improved, if anything they've gotten worse. But the sound quality this year is the pits, tinney and obnoxious. And the audience just won't STFU, in fact the audience took over the whole show last night drowning out all the competition.

01. The Distinguished Men of Brass, band. Love these guys, they dressed up nice, gave a rousing D-Mo Brass performance. How good they actually played is anyone's guess but the audience was very fired up and very vocal throughout.

02. Edon, singer. Also played the piano, not that you could hear any of it. Seemed to do okay.

03. Jarrett & Raja, magician & musician. Cheesy flop.

04. Lil Starr, juvenile dancer. Great stage presence, unfortunately it was more tapping, though she did manage to shine a bit despite the glaring lights flashing and strobing and so on.

05. Todd Oliver and Irving and Lucy, ventriloquist and dogs. Silly but a bit amusing, for once the audience kept quiet enough for the mundane comedy to prove itself mundane.

06. American BMX Stunt Team. Didn't make any glaring big mistakes, just several little ones, nothing you can't see kids doing in the parks on any given summer day with their bikes.

07. Nikki Jensen, singer. Held back too much, so-so singing.

08. The Scott Brothers, dancers. More of the same sort of dancing from them but they stepped it up with a few new tricks that actually worked out.

09. Michael Nejad, musician. 3 X's! Has left the building. Flat performance, but good for him for finishing with the sweeper.

10. 787 Crew, dancers. At least they didn't make any big mistakes this time, otherwise we've seen it before.

11. Shanice & Maurice Hayes, singers. Great song choice from what I could hear, and she took it big enough in a few spots to get the audience to sit back a bit.

12. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's, speed painter with dance crew. Stepped it up a bit from before, seemed headed for a mundane fail but pulled it out in the end for a great finish.

13. Judge Howard. Thanks for telling me how I should vote, Mr. Ego. Too bad I couldn't get around to it in time. But he left out the audience which took over the whole show to ruin everything anyway. Well, everything the professional stage crew and idiot directors and cheap equipment hadn't ruined already.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-03-12       
   QF #1 7/2/12   dabo     07-03-12     1  
     Results   dabo     07-04-12     2  
         RE: Results   susang     07-05-12     3  
             RE: Results   dabo     07-05-12     4  
         RE: Results   Max Headroom     07-06-12     5  
   schedule   dabo     07-08-12     6  
   RE: Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-09-12     7  
   QF #2 7/10/12   dabo     07-11-12     8  
     RE: QF #2 7/10/12   frankz     07-11-12     9  
         Results   dabo     07-12-12     10  
             RE: Results   susang     07-12-12     11  
             RE: Results   frankz     07-13-12     13  
                 RE: Results   dabo     07-13-12     14  
   RE: Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-13-12     12  
   QF #3 7/17/12   dabo     07-18-12     15  
     Results   dabo     07-19-12     16  
         RE: Results   susang     07-19-12     17  
   RE: Quarterfinals 2012 Thread   dabo     07-20-12     18  
   QF #4 7/23/12   dabo     07-30-12     19  
     RE: QF #4 7/23/12   dabo     07-31-12     20  
         RE: QF #4 7/23/12   susang     07-31-12     21  
   QF #5 8/14/12 youtubeshow   dabo     08-15-12     22  
     RE: QF #5 8/14/12 youtubeshow   susang     08-15-12     23  
     Results   dabo     08-16-12     24  
   Wildcards revealed   dabo     08-16-12     25  
   QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   dabo     08-22-12     26  
     RE: QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   susang     08-22-12     27  
     RE: QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   frankz     08-22-12     28  
         RE: QF #6 8/21/12 Wildcards   dabo     08-22-12     29  
     Results   dabo     08-23-12     30  
         RE: Results   frankz     08-23-12     31  
             RE: Results   dabo     08-23-12     32  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •