The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The politics of AI"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The politics of AI"
I found this article to be a very interesting analysis of why Chris went home and why Elliott will actually be the next American Idol. An insightful look into voting patterns on how they may impact this game in particular.

If you want to understand "Idol," you need to understand American politics. And if you want to understand the workings of American politics, "Idol" isn't a bad introduction to the way political coalitions are formed and elections are won.

After the "American Idol" field narrows to 12 finalists, the show kicks one contestant off every week - the one who gets the lowest number of votes.

The number of votes seems to remain remarkably constant (this year, somewhere north of 40 million) week to week. This indicates the same people continue to vote each week. It also means that the people who voted for the contestant who was kicked off go ahead and just choose somebody new to vote for.

This is a direct parallel to the presidential primary process. In the early primaries, candidates who do poorly usually drop out of the race, leaving those who would have supported them in other states high and dry. Those supporters then have to pick somebody else among the surviving candidates to vote for.

This winnowing process allows the most appealing candidates to pick up steam by adding new voters to their cadre of supporters. And as they do so, the field continues to be winnowed, until finally there are only one or two candidates left standing. The single-issue candidate, the flash-in-the-pan, the guy who has one fantastic debate - they may all have their moments, but in the end, the candidate with the most broad-based appeal will usually win.

And this is what explains Chris Daughtry's stunning loss this week on "American Idol." He has a distinctive voice and distinctive appeal. The problem is that he never broadened his base very much. If you liked him from the start, you stayed with him - which is why he remained solidly among the top contenders through most of the show's run.

But if you didn't much like his sound when there were still 9 contestants remaining, you weren't suddenly going to decide you liked his sound when there were only 4 remaining.

The key to winning "American Idol" isn't being overwhelmingly popular in the early stages. The key is having a sound that makes it possible for you to pick up votes from people whose favorites have gotten booted off the show. Because if you don't get those votes, somebody else is going to get them.

That is almost certainly what happened on Wednesday night. Chris Daughtry lost out to Katharine McPhee because the young female singer Paris Bennett was sent home the previous week.

If you loved Paris, you probably weren't going to move into Chris's camp. It's likely that the Paris voters went both to McPhee and to underdog Elliot Yamin, the sweet-sounding guy with the odd teeth who is a balladeer like Paris.

Elliot has been gaining strength both because his performances have been good, and because he's clearly picked up support from the fans of eliminated contestants Paris, Kellie Pickler and Ace Young. So where does this leave the final three in "American Idol"? It's likely that McPhee will be the odd person out next week, leaving front-runner Taylor Hicks and under-the-radar Elliot left to duke it out for the title.

Taylor Hicks has a distinctive sound and style that are clearly very pleasing to millions. But I think he's a little like Daughtry. If he's your favorite, he's been your favorite for a long time - and he needs to be the second favorite for McPhee's fans to win.

But McPhee's sound is probably closer to Elliot Yamin's. Thus, according to the logic of coalition-building that is at the heart of both American politics and Fox's pop-culture phenomenon, Elliot Yamin will be the next "American Idol."

It's just good politics.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/63585.htm

John Podhoretz's new book "Can She Be Stopped? Hillary Clinton Will Be the Next President of the United States Unless . . . " has just been published.

Who knew that I would be able to post about AI and politics at the same time!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The politics of AI Glow 05-12-06 1
 RE: The politics of AI emydi 05-12-06 2
   RE: The politics of AI PagongRatEater 05-12-06 4
       RE: The politics of AI emydi 05-12-06 10
 RE: The politics of AI Devious Weasel 05-12-06 3
   RE: The politics of AI PagongRatEater 05-12-06 5
       RE: The politics of AI Devious Weasel 05-12-06 6
   RE: The politics of AI geg6 05-12-06 12
       RE: The politics of AI nailbone 05-12-06 13
   RE: The politics of AI LIVEURBESTLIFE 05-12-06 18
 RE: The politics of AI zazzy 05-12-06 7
 RE: The politics of AI Snidget 05-12-06 8
   RE: The politics of AI PagongRatEater 05-12-06 9
       RE: The politics of AI Snidget 05-12-06 11
 RE: The politics of AI greenmonstah 05-12-06 14
   RE: The politics of AI Devious Weasel 05-12-06 15
 RE: The politics of AI priestdi 05-12-06 16
   RE: The politics of AI Devious Weasel 05-12-06 17
       RE: The politics of AI priestdi 05-12-06 19
           RE: The politics of AI tamarama 05-12-06 20
           RE: The politics of AI Devious Weasel 05-15-06 28
 DialIdol Data Snidget 05-12-06 21
   RE: DialIdol Data priestdi 05-12-06 22
   RE: DialIdol Data PagongRatEater 05-15-06 25
   RE: DialIdol Data tamarama 05-15-06 26
   RE: DialIdol Data Devious Weasel 05-15-06 27
   RE: DialIdol Data zazzy 05-15-06 29
       RE: DialIdol Data zazzy 05-15-06 30
   RE: DialIdol Data zazzy 05-15-06 31
 RE: The politics of AI bob_chester 05-12-06 23
   RE: The politics of AI Biffster 05-17-06 33
 RE: The politics of AI aifan2006 05-13-06 24
 RE: The politics of AI cutendeadly 05-17-06 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The politics of AI"
ummm. *shudder*

an arkie work of art

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The politics of AI"
This is all bull(&*^*^

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Sorry...knee jerk reaction...I see you post a political thread and....

05-12-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The politics of AI"
You are mean.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The politics of AI"
of course i am

But I do agree that there are valid assertions in the article..as Dweeze you et al have pointed out...

and for the record..I'm in the 30% of Chris voters that will not vote anymore...

But I do think that Elliott has more than a slim chance to win this..based on the factors set forth in the article and others, but at the end of the day, I think the Taylor votes Soul Patrol VFTW will win it for T

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The politics of AI"
I will now be ill due to the fact that I am in partial agreement with something John Podhoretz said.

On the other hand, this ignores the possibility that there is a significant number of people who vote each week not for their favorite, but for the contestants they think did the best that week. It ignores the fact that people can vote more than once. It ignores the fact that people may vote more when they think their favorite is in danger or less when they think their favorite is safe. It ignores the fact that if you are talking about 40,000,000 votes split fourways among people, it doesn't take much of a vote difference to send someone from the top of the chart one week to the bottom the next week. Finally, it ignores those people who decide, once their favorite is gone, that they won't vote anymore.

(I was going to put this in a parenthetical sentence, then realized it probably needs further explanation. I think the "vote-no-more" phenomenon is more likely to occur when there are few contestants left than when there are only a handful of contestants left than in the early stages of the finals. If your favorite contestant was Melissa McGhee, there were still eleven others to choose from. If your favorite was Chris Daughtry, there are only three others to choose from. Further, your personal investment in Chris is higher than your personal investment in Melissa would have been. Finally, your personal dislike for the remaining contestants would have more time to grow if you were a Chris fann than it would if you were a Melissa fan. That's why we see "I'm not watching again this season {a choice I made in Season 33 after Latoya got the boot} at the final 3,4, or 5 stage and not at the final 10, 11, or 12 stage. But I digress. A lot.)

Other than all those ignores, the basic idea that figuring out where a fanbase goes is important for determining future success is a sound one. Podhoretz apparently feels that Elliott is the most natural beneficiary of Chris' fanbase. I think that fanbase is probably going to be split:

Elliott: 30%
Kat: 30%
Taylor: 10%
Not Voting: 30%

05-12-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The politics of AI"
I don't know if I agree with Podhert's analysis either, but it is something to consider. I do think that the weak point in his argument is how you break down the voters. Is it REALLY the same people who vote every week? Probably not all the same, but at least of significant number of Idol junkies vote every week so shifts in their voting patterns can affect the week to week results. It seems likely that there are people who are 'voting their favorites', regardless of that weeks performance, and theoretically those votes could be up for grabs. However, a good percentage of those (30% seems like a good number) will simply drop out of the voting - which actually doesn't affect a vote that is artificially depressed by the number of available phone lines.

So in the end his analysis probably is more about a sub-set of a sub-set of voters. But with so little margin between the contestants, that could be the margin that makes the difference.

But, the four of us had a great time.

05-12-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The politics of AI"
True, particularly this season. The past few final threes have had two clear front runners and one afterthought, and the afterthought has always been the person who got booted at three. Anything that happened at the margins probably had little or no impact on the outcome. I don't think any of this group can be looked at as an afterthought, which means the set vote will be extremely close and the action on the margins will determine the outcome.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The politics of AI"
I'm completely with you, Dweeze.

On how nausea-inducing it is to agree even slightly with Podhoretz.

On the idea that there is some small merit with his theory.

On the idea that he doesn't take a lot of factors into account, which we all know exist.

And that I'm one of the 30% who will not be voting for anyone else.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Of course, I was only voting for him from the start.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The politics of AI"
And I'm one that was voting for more than one, that will be voting for ony one from now on.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The politics of AI"
I don't think Pohertz is saying Elliot will be the natural beneficiary of Chris' fans. But Elliot probably did benefit from Ace, Kellie, and Paris getting the boot. Because sound wise he is a closer match to those 3 and his sound does have a broad appeal.

One of the other things I think is overlooked when trying to figure out how the voting will go is the theme week. I think some people may not tune in for themes they don't like. I can't imagine alot of Chris fans being into Elvis. Just as alot of Mandisa fans probably aren't into country.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The politics of AI"
I like is analogy. I also think he has a point....up to a point.

His core point hinges on the number of votes being relatively consistent week to week--so even if some voters drop out, there are others who have taken the reigns or the vote totals would be swinging more wildly week to week.

The only way we would really know is to have some tracking research with a large enough sample to be statistically significant in its findings. The research would need to parallel the viewer base--but only of those viewers who vote--so a prestudy would need to be done to determine the demographics of that subgroup.

Another reminder that the winner comes from what the voters want--(shaped in part by the judges ) and not from what the viewers want.

As for the show overall, I still maintain that the majority of the top ten or 12 finalists can be identified by the way the show is produced in the audition rounds; also that the producers and judges try to shape the outcome with their singing order, production support, and judges' comments--and I will have fun tracking it next season.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The politics of AI"
For my own twisted and sick amusement I took the dial idol data for the final four and ploted it out and did a couple of graphs off it. I'll have to get to a scanner to upload them, but I can do that if there is interest, I think it can somewhat fit with the picking up voters along the way theory, and it looks like Elliot could be getting a lot of votes in the end that way.

I can post tonight if y'all be interested in my sorting out the weekly data.

05-12-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The politics of AI"
If you are actually willing to do the work, I - for one - would be very interested in the data it produced.

05-12-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The politics of AI"
It is printed off, I need to scan so I can post but I'll get it up tonight. Raw numbers, a normalization I did because it seemed to make sense and a graph of the raw numbers and a graph of the normalized numbers with linear trend lines will be forthcoming.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The politics of AI"
Ack! Wait just a minute. We are suppose to vote for who we like? I have been doing this Survivor style and trying to vote people off.

And don't get me started on hard it has been trying to get my phone to read my parchment.

05-12-06, 03:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The politics of AI"
That's why you were talking about snuffing Chris' torch...

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The politics of AI"
nice theory, but it's just that.

a theory.

I was voting solely for Paris in recent weeks, because she was in danger and I'm a fan.

and when she left, I switched to Taylor -- because he's my favorite left.

I didn't like Paris because of her "balladeer" style. besides, she didn't usually sing ballads! I liked Paris because she's so talented and I like her personality. that girl has major potential.

I like Taylor for completely different reasons.

I'm not just going to switch to whomever is most like Paris, good lord.

are people really that superficial?

wait, don't answer that. it's too depressing.

05-12-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The politics of AI"
How is it in the least bit superficial to say "Well, I was voting for X because X was the closest to my favorite style of music, now that X is gone I will vote for Y because Y is the next closest to my favorite style of music"?

05-12-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The politics of AI"

because it's style over substance.

I adored Fantasia, but I'm not into her style of music.

I didn't vote for her because I like R&B, I voted for her because I thought she's a real star.

same with Paris. I voted for her because she's talented, not because I think she'd put out a CD that's my taste.

and when they have these idiotic themes, we can't really vote based on our personal tastes in musical styles, can we?

I suppose sure, if you're a rock purist, and think anything else sucks, you'll only vote for Chris.

but then ... a rock purist wouldn't be watching the show in the first place, right?

it just doesn't work. imo.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The politics of AI"
>>I didn't vote for her because I like R&B, I voted for her because I thought she's a real star.<<

See, but that's YOU. You can pick whomever you'd like to vote for, for whatever reason you decide. I'll do the same.

There are alot of people who DO vote for the person whose style of music they like best. People who just don't care about talent or star-quality unless it's a genre they like to listen to.

I don't think that's superficiality, it's diversity.

I sorta understand your point, (because I felt the reverse with Paris -- I DO like Paris' type of music -- I'm a hoary old cabaret singer myself, and love all the Billie, Ella, Sarah, etc. that I can get my hands on...but I DIDN'T like Paris. So I didn't vote for her. teh.)

But I don't agree with your point. This isn't a court of law where the judges get to instruct us on exactly what to consider when we make our decision. (well, they try...but you know ;) )

>>and when they have these idiotic themes, we can't really vote based on our personal tastes in musical styles, can we?<<

Yeah, but we can all see the singers' styles even through the themes, can't we? Especially when Chris sings Live for Country night or Bo sings "Vehicle" for Disco night.

05-15-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The politics of AI"
No, it's what you like over what you don't like. I recognized Fantasia's talent, but I would never in a million years buy a CD of hers. So I never voted for her. Likewise, I recognize Paris' talent, but I would never buy a Paris CD. No matter how much I might recognize someone's talent, I am not going to vote for them unless I would buy something they put out. To me, that's the point of Idol - not to vote for the one with the most talent, but to vote for the one you like the most.

05-12-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
21. "DialIdol Data "
Here are the numbers.

The top set is copied from the Dial Idol ranking from the webpage. The bottom set I divided by the total number of people that week as that seemed to be something they did in making the rankings. It seemed to make each week more comparable to the next.

A graph of the raw data.

Here is a graph of the normalized data with linear trend lines.

If we use this theory, it looks like Kat and Elliot are the ones that have at least so far been picking up more voters as we go along than either Chris or Taylor. Taylor started out so far above the others he didn't have to do much to stay on top until now.

05-12-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: DialIdol Data "
snidget, I feel way too stupid about numbers to try to understand how you did that. lol.

but it looks cool, and seems believable.

thanks for sharing it.

05-15-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
25. "RE: DialIdol Data "
Very interesting data indeed. The graph certain seems to indicate that Taylor has done very little to pick up votes since the beginning of the competition - which fits nicely into Podhertz's theor because Taylor doesn't have a similar style to any of the contestants who were voted off and therefore didn't pick up their votes. Taylor voters have stayed consistently Taylor voters and so far that has been enough.

However, you can see that other contestants HAVE picked up support along the way - either because of improved performances or by gaining some percentage of the dismissed idols voters. If the trend lines hold then Paula is right and Elliott is our next idol (and as Dweeze pointed out in another thread, he is the only of the top four who actually needed towin to have a serious career).

It will be very interesting to see what happens next, I tend to think that any Chris voters who still participate will likely go to Kat so I would love to see an update on the trend lines after this week. I think it would be especially interesting to look at the trend lines on this data in a smaller set (like say 6 weeks) since the first few weeks had voting just all over the board and people were still getting to know the contestants.

Thanks for sharing Snidget!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-15-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: DialIdol Data "
That is AWESOME Snidg --

thank you SO much for doing & sharing!

05-15-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
27. "RE: DialIdol Data "
Nicely done - despite my problems with Dial Idol's info, nicely done.

05-15-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: DialIdol Data "
Wow! Great stuff! It really shows how Elliot has been picking up support (the underdog voter perhaps?) and Katherine as well.

Taylor has always had more support than Chris, despite the shocked voters of Chris...and shows why Chris was voted off.

Taylor needs to be "Taylor" this week or it could easily wind up Elliot and Kat in the end. I am really surprised by the findings from the graphs and appreciate the effort you put in Snidget.

Elliot is the dark horse of the contest. I guess the judges' pleas for him worked.

05-15-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
30. "RE: DialIdol Data "
P.S. I would like to match up the singing order data with the voting table you provided Snidget. This explains why Chris got so much pimping--they knew he had a good fan base but did not have the growth that some others had.

05-15-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: DialIdol Data "
Who sang last and comparing to Snidget's data:

12 Chris --came in 2nd of f4
11 Ace
10 Elliot -- came in third of the f4
9 Bucky
8 Paris
7 Katherine --came in third and Chris was last of the f4

6 Chris --got to sing last after he was in bottom group the previous week

5 Taylor --and he was tops of the f4 group
4 Katherine -- and she edged out Chris

I think Idol DID pimp Chris by letting him sing last a second time( with 6 left) b4 Taylor...but they knew he needed help.

I also think Elliot surprised them...and Chris's fans were a) complacent and b) not as many as underdog voters...for Kat and Elliot.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-06, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The politics of AI"
"why Chris went home and why Elliott will actually be the next American Idol."
It is because although Chris started off well he never changed. Rested on his laurels.
In the meant time Elliot has constatly improved.
I like Taylor but I have to admit Elliot is moving up.

Biffster 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Biffster Click to send private message to Biffster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The politics of AI"
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/429d145f_13c1b/bc/My+Documents/for+real.bmp?bfHiRnCB5UBnivLr

I disagree that Chris never changed. I think he started to decline. He seemed to be coasting on the Elvis show. He didn't have the solid support that Taylor has (I think Taylor is the only contestant that hasn't been in the bottom 2/3 - Chris was at least once).

Between the tepid Elvis covers and the sunglasses, Chris wasn't playing to the AI audience. Any rocker who wants to be the American Idol - and I can't see why any would want to go much further than Chris did (get the exposure, get the offers and get out) - can't play rocker dude until the competition is over. The music might get him there, but the poseur attitude won't.

Taylor, on the other hand, seems to be a pretty happy guy - and not in the kind of creepy way that Gideon was. Taylor is having fun, and I think people respond to that (ok, I respond to that when I watch him - he also happens to be a pretty good singer, though not the best of the group).

Elliot is a very good singer, but projects little personality and isn't as comfortable on stage as Chris (very few people could be as comfortable as Taylor). Once it got to the finaly 4 I would have been pretty happy with any of them, but thought Elliot needed more time to develop a presence. Sorry to see him go, but I'm sorry to see any of them go at this point (after a kick in the pants last week, it'd be interesting to see what Chris would have come up with).

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The politics of AI"
I do think the voting reminds pretty consistant, it is the same group of people who are willing to sit on a phone and vote for 2 hours, something some people are not willing to do but others are, and that's what it takes to win AI. The voting is pretty consistant but occasionally someone like Elliot comes along who does such a great job he get's more votes he normally would causing an upset like Chris going home Wednesday. I think voters will vote for someone who does a really great job, even if maybe they did'nt vote so much for them before.

cutendeadly 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cutendeadly Click to send private message to cutendeadly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The politics of AI"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

I read the politics and somewhat agree. But I also think that Elloitt is getting some pity votes and this is not what its all about. Some people see Taylor as arrogant but really look he is a guy with talent and is having fun, he just doesnt care what we think he is being himself. He is a showman I agree, and he seems like he likes to be with people who like to have fun. I like Katherine and if she seems snooty well she does have talent and has sex appeal and beauty. I hope it comes down to Taylor and Kat they deserve it, Elloitt well just because his Mama wants him to win doesnt make him the most talented and appealing. I REALLY LIKED CHRIS AND I am not a hard rocker but he was good and both he and Taylor are showmen and put their heart into it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •