The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
In earlier seasons, many on this forum and others felt that the voting on AI was rigged to what the producers wanted to see 1)a highly marketable winner that could sell many CDs and 2) high ratings for the show.

This was especially true in Season 3 in weeks like when Fantasia, Latoya London and Jennifer Hudson were the bottom three when the consensus was that they were the top three vocalists. I never did buy the thought that the voting was rigged since the shows ratings would plummet if it was ever proven that voting was not on the up and up.

Now websites like dialidol are pretty acurate in their predictions of the bottom group and the bootee which seems to validate that the votes are legitimate. Although not many think Chris was the weakest singer of the four left this past week or for the season, few are suggesting that the voting is rigged anymore. Afterall, it would seem that Chtis was probably the judges favorite and that he would be a highly successful idol if he had won.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... dragonflies 05-12-06 1
   RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... seahorse 05-12-06 4
       RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... dragonflies 05-14-06 10
   RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... aifan2006 05-15-06 11
 RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... zazzy 05-12-06 2
   RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... seahorse 05-12-06 5
 RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... priestdi 05-12-06 3
   RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... tamarama 05-12-06 6
       RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... Devious Weasel 05-12-06 7
           RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... pokerguy 05-14-06 9
 RE: It is obvious to me that the AI... sylvester 05-13-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
Hi Seahorse! How you doin?

Sigs by Cyg

05-12-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
Doing pretty good. I am moving back to New Orleans in a few weeks.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
Great to hear. We just had an article in the local paper about housing mkt down there, and that the higher ground areas are booming.

I do agree with you, that the votes are legit as well.

Sigs by Cyg

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-15-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
The votes are absolutely legit, the phone company has a record of every call made and the show could'nt fix the results if they wanted to, and if they wanted to they would have found some way for Katryn to leave and kept Chris there. With the phone records there is no question who people voted for and that can't be fixed.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
How much did the advent of sites like Dialidol help keep the show "honest"?

I would love to read an insider's book on this show--about song selection and singing order, and how the vote info was handled,. etc.

05-12-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
"How much did the advent of sites like Dialidol help keep the show "honest"?"

I don't think any. Dialidol just validfates that the vote is often very different from what the viewing public might expect.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
I made a thread just like this on my other board Wed. night!

the thing is, the conspiracy theory people will never believe it's legiitmate.

the response to THIS is that oh the producers did this to create drama, it's good for ratings.

or .... they let him go because they have other plans for him, another deal.

no matter what happens, people can find some way to use it as proof that it's all fixed.

I personally have always said that any possible benefits they might get, if they they did fix it, are miniscule compared to the harm they'd cause themselves if (and when) it got exposed.

This is the biggest money-maker in the history of TV, right? Who in their right mind would risk killing it? And an expose WOULD kill it, no question.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
>>...any possible benefits they might get, if they they did fix it, are miniscule compared to the harm they'd cause themselves if (and when) it got exposed.<<

Agree!

Someone posted in another thread (sorry - can't remember who it was) that the REAL $$$$ for the producers comes from the TV SHOW. Not the record sales.

YES, the judges are going to make comments (some obviously manipulative) that indicate who their favorites are, and Simon probably does choose his favorite based on what their future prospects for record sales looks like -- that's his "Judge ID" on the show.

But the real bacon is the continued success of the show itself. They rule the 2nd half of the season, nothing can touch them...God help them if viewers start to feel their votes don't count.

It's not about record sales. None of the past Idols or finalists have turned out astounding record sales. (Kelly's 2nd CD is not under the same label, yes?) The money from the records can't touch the money from the show.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
The money from the records can't touch the money from the show.

Don't know if I agree with that. I would imagine the bulk of the money from the show goes to Fox. Fox is the one selling advertising, Fox is the one reaping the benefits of Idol as ratings juggernaut. I'm sure 19 Entertainment is making big bucks under their contract with Fox, but I am also certain the bulk of the TV-generated revenue goes to Fox.

On the other hand, Fox doesn't get a cut of the record sales. Remember, the big thing Simon wanted out of his most recent contract negotiations was an extension of his production deal with the winner, not more money. Obviously he felt that was more beneficial to him.

Which, as far as I'm concerned, supports your main point - not only do the producers need to ensure the integrity of the show, Fox needs to ensure the integrity of the show.

pokerguy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-14-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pokerguy Click to send private message to pokerguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
Here is how the producers of AI make their money.

1. The producers have sold the broadcast right to Fox for several million dollars. This is the main source of income.

2 The producvers will sell product placement ads for during the show. This is the Ford commerical with the Idols and the text messaging pleas. Most of the theme weeks are also just hour long ads for the a new cd coming out.

3. They sell the "Best of Idol" cd and the season DVDs and various other products that have nothing to do with the winner.

4. The Idol top 10 tour.

5. Probally many other ways I don't know of.

6. The winners cd.

One last thing just because someone is voted off does not mean the producers can't sign them to a deal.

http://the-peacemaker.blogspot.com/

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It is obvious to me that the AI votes are legit"
I think the Chris boot proves that AI votes are legit.

I was a doubter until last week.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •