The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
Here is the TV guide preview for the 20th.

The players are entering the homestretch as they check off Days 28, 29 and 30. With fewer than 10 days to go after tonight's vote, they should feel energized even though they are starving. Anyone who makes it this far has a real chance to make it to the end. You start pumping yourself up now by saying, “I've suffered and put up with these idiots for 30 days, damn if I'm going to give up now.” When the game gets down this far, you turn into a bit of a devil child. You'll do anything to win.

Tonight's episode is titled “We Are Family.” I think this refers to the Sister Sledge song: “We are family/I got all my sisters with me.” There are some mature and mentally strong women still in this game and if they're smart they should align now. Living in tight quarters---it's like Big Brother in a thorn corral. These women know that most of the guys are tight and are physically stronger than they are. But if they unite, they could take the men down. At the end of tonight's episode, only six players will remain and at least three of them could be women---and they are not likely to have many previous votes against them. This game will come down to a gender battle, and I look for a woman to win it all if a couple of them continue to fly under the radar and escape notice. They need to remember that Tom and Ethan are just too likable to keep around. No one wants to sit next to either of them at the end. If the women do come together, it would be great for the game. So go girls! Kick the men's butts!

According to this it looks like Tom, Ethan, MamaKim, Theresa, Kim P are all safe this week (The 13th). I have to study this a bit more but I thought I would post it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week... katem 12-12-01 1
 RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week... Rose Red 12-12-01 2
   RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week... zzz 12-12-01 3
 RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week... I_AM_HE 12-13-01 4
   RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week... zzz 12-13-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-12-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
You
>start pumping yourself up now
>by saying, “I've suffered and
>put up with these idiots
>for 30 days, damn if
>I'm going to give up
>now.”

I assume that SUE wrote this. Just by the mentioning of "idiots", that's her word.

<They need to remember
>that Tom and Ethan are
>just too likable to keep
>around. No one wants to
>sit next to either of
>them at the end. If
>the women do come together,
>it would be great for
>the game. So go girls!
>Kick the men's butts!
>
>According to this it looks like
>Tom, Ethan, MamaKim, Theresa, Kim
>P are all safe this
>week (The 13th). I
>have to study this a
>bit more but I thought
>I would post it.

Lion, I think that this are just assumptions on the part of the writer. And she would be correct in assuming that Ethan and Tom would get winning votes.

I do not think this means anything, it is not a clue. But it was very interesting to read though.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
Sorry! This is just sheer speculation on either Sue or Alicia's part, since we now know they do not recieve advance copies. They know only what we know and now that's it's getting down to the nitty gritty, I wouldn't put it past MB to let ANOTHER red herring(ie. Tom's going this week) to just slip by unnoticed. Yes, Tom is likeable,but if the Sammies vote as one this week, and Lex wins immunity, Tom is a cracker on toast.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
To further back up my friend Rose--as I posted last week, we pretty much KNOW that they do not get to see the episodes before we do. Alicia's preview of E9 made a reference to, among others, Kelly and what would be her best strategy going forward. This made some people announce that Kelly must be on the "safe list" for E8 because Alicia "has inside information." Well, we all know Kelly was gone by the end of E8, and thsu she needs no strategy for E9 or beyond.

Hopefully we can stop thinking that any spoilers can be gotten in TV Guide (unless something like the twist happens again in which they were given some inside info).

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-01, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-01 AT 06:33 AM (EST)

I think if nothing else, this does make us give stronger consideration that "We are family" refers to a split along gender lines. While there has been a lot of talk about a woman's alliance in various places, many people have not considered that with reference to this week's title, but have instead focused on it being a gay pride anthem and a reference to Brandon

Now, it could very well refer to both, but if it was just one, I'd feel safer assuming it was about the women

also, while it may not be a legitimate "spoiler," it does count for something when the past survivors imply they THINK, if not know who will still be around. i don't think they're constantly trying to disinform, and am willing to take most of what they say as honest opinion, if not fact. if nothing else, it confirms our thinking that the LOGICAL targets are Lex, Brandon, and Frank (as well as Tom, but I'd be rather shocked if Frank or Tom go this week, especially Frank)

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-13-01, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ethan and Tom safe another week-TVGuide preview"
I agree with you that what Alicia and Susan say in their articles are likely to be their honest speculations. I do not agree, however, that they are very good speculators. I believe that they are no better than us and perhaps worse. I don't think they actually give it the same amount of effort that we do or work together with 100 other people to try to figure it out the way we do. In my opinion, their insight is virtually worthless (except for those rare occassions, as I noted before, when they are given inside information as they obviously were for the twist).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •