The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tomorrow night on Survivor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mauki 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-12-01, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mauki Click to send private message to mauki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tomorrow night on Survivor"
From the CBS website

>The tribe reacts to Brandon's decision<
DUH, no-brainer here. Even without the vidclips.
No real useful info here.

>An unlikely date is on the minds of many<
Possible info here. Makes the nost sense if it involves
one person from OS and one from OB. My two choices here
would be Brandon/Lex (maybe Ethan) or Teresa/Tom.
The first choice would cause OS and OB to speculate about Brandon's returning to OS. The second choice would lead would lead all to speculate about the possible defection of Tom to OS.

>A tribe member breaks down in tears over a critical decision<
This has to be lilkim. No OB would break down in tears over just about anything. Frank and Brandon wouldn't either. Frank, because he's Frank and Brandon because he doesn't have a conscience. Teresa is unlikely, because the only decision that might cause her to break down in tears would be to betray Frank. I just don't see that happening. That leaves only lilkim. And the only criterion that I can think of that fits the "critical" scenario is whether or not to vote for Brandon at TC. I can easily see this possibility happening because the remaining OS is going to be VERY unhappy and untrusting of Brandon, and may opt for trying to join the OB in throwing off Brandon. Especially in light of the "unlikely date". If the date is B and L or E, the OS is really not going to trust him. This might cause Teresa to approach Tom or mamakim to sway there vote and pick off Brandon. Tom is the most likely here. This possibility also might occur if T/T is the "unlikely date". So that leaves lilkim to decide to join F/T/T and vote for B.

Of course for this to play out right three things have to occur. First, Brandon must believe that OS is going to vote as a tribe, probably for Tom (I figure Lex gets IC). Second, Brandon dossn't discover the plan to boot him. Third, the defection from OB must occur. If this does happen I see the voting going like this--B votes for Tom, F/T/T/Kp for Brandon, and E/L/Kj for Frank. Brandon gets booted 4-3-1.

This scenario does fulfill the website info IMO. Tomorrow night should be interesting.

mauki

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor Frau Hexe 12-12-01 1
   RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor anotherkim 12-12-01 2
   RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor Afreaqua 12-12-01 3
       RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor Frau Hexe 12-12-01 4
           RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor mauki 12-12-01 5
           RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor fyrenice 12-12-01 9
 RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor Outfrontgirl 12-12-01 6
   RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor TODDLJ 12-12-01 7
       RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor drich61 12-12-01 8
   RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor mauki 12-12-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
Very interesting theories, Mauki. This made me think long and hard about this "unlikely date."

In the past two season, there has been some sort of "date" episode. The first was Sean and Jenna (?) and the second was Colby and Jerri--completely different situations, but they were both set up between young, attractive, single people of the opposite sex, and both were intended to be a sort of romantic getaway.

Now, this season, we're coming up on a date episode where there are a bunch of married people--not likely to end up on a romantic date--a young gay man, and a young single straight girl.

Because these date eps always seem to be rather contrived in terms of who is paired up, who wins, etc., it wouldn't make sense for Theresa and Tom to end up on this thing--no one wants to see them on a date AND they're both married. No chemistry would exist between Brandon and LilKim because, well, he's gay. I think the most likely combination is going to be two men. There has to be one team of two men because at this point, men outnumber women.

Although I'm unsure about how "unlikely" a team Lex and Brandon would be, they are, in fact, a possibility here. But, I think more unlikely would be Tom and Frank. Think about it--the two most straight men, from different original tribes on a date together. That, to me, is the least likely. Whether or not I'm correct remains to be seen, but imagining these two on a date is so humorous, it has to be them.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
I agree--I am tossing around Frank and Tom, Tom and Brandon and Frank and Brandon...I can't imagine anyone Brandon would be less likely to spend time with than Frank.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
How about Frank and Brandon?

or Ethan and Brandon?

or Brandon and Tom?

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
Ethan and Brandon don't seem so unlikely to me. Ethan has that effeminate side, and I can see him actually getting along with Brandon a little. I really don't see tham being that "unlikely." Of course, Frank and Brandon or Tom and Brandon would be slightly unlikely, but as far as I'm concerned Tom and Frank would be the most unlikely, considering this is being called a "date."

12-12-01, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mauki Click to send private message to mauki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
Hi Frau Hexe

All good possible pairings. i was basing my scenario on two assumptions. First, with paranoia at a fever pitch now, the unlikely date would have to involve a cross-tribe pairing. This would drive EVERYBODY nuts trying to figure out what (or if) strategizing might be happening between the participants. Second, the choice of participants would be random. Not left up to the survivors or manipulated by MB. Although the latter possibility cannot be ruled out .

However, I do agree that the most likely pairing, for the "unlikely date", would involve Brandon. And say 70% for Lex, and 30% for Ethan. I also agree that the MOST unlikely pairing, barring the cross-tribe scenario, would be Frank/Brandon. This pairing would cause some serious musing, but not the rampant speculation that a cross-tribe date would cause.

mauki

fyrenice 91 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fyrenice Click to send private message to fyrenice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
In terms of an unlikely date, two men would fit that bill rather nicely. Most unlikely IMHO though would be Frank and Brandon.

Tom seemed to get his info and be satisfied when they were on night watch together. Just this last episode though, we saw Frank still wondering if he could trust Brandon. Of all people left, I think they have the biggest dislike for each other. I know I would not want to go on a date with someone I could not stand.
Fyre

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-01, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
Mauki,
I really like this analysis.

I think the unlikely date that has people concerned means
1) the people are incongruous for some reason
2) the two are not allies/same tribe.

As for Brandon, who's to say which tribe he's on at this point?

I noticed last season that Burnett was amazingly good about picturing the RC winners in the vidcaps. He showed Colby and Jerri in this very challenge and they won!

We see a shot of KimP in her bikini top rubbing her stomach.
We see her in her blue over-top followed by Tom in the vidcaps.
I am leaning towards KimP and Tom. Tom could tell her about Brandon swearing he's part of Boran and setting up Kelly.
She can tell Tom that Kelly was sticking with Boran until they turned against her. We saw that Tom was going to feel REALLY bad if he voted out Kelly wrongfully. (Per his TC voting clip.)

So I could see him getting really mad at Brandon for setting Kelly up and horning in on Boran (and he doesn't much like Brandon to begin with). PLUS, Tom is at risk bigtime in this vote. So I can see Tom voting for Brandon.

I think KimJ disapproves of Brandon's playing: per her 3 people she dislikes their methods at TC. I think Lex/Ethan can easily be made to distrust Brandon--er, just about anybody apparently.
They know if he screws them over that Tom/Lex is gone.

So they set him up to vote against Frank, but they mostly all vote against Brandon. It could happen very easily.
It's definitely a possibility in my mind--even if KimP waffles and stays true to Brandon. I can see Teresa, Frank, Tom, Lex, Ethan, KimJ all voting against him out of distrust.

TRUST issues have been a major theme from Episode 1...

I think Tom and Frank are also good bootee candidates, but I have problems with Frank's absence from the previews, and I think Frank, Brandon, and KimP are the 3 who spend the significant time with Kelly at the lodge. After that the bootees are barely at the lodge except to attend TC every night.
Which means no room at the inn for Tom this week...

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-01, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
I'm not going to base any analysis on the new "Kelly's List" which seems to point to her spending more time with some than others at the lodge.

So she likes the Samburus... and doesn't like the Borans... that's kinda obvious, the Boran's all voted her out of her own tribe with no evidence. No matter how much time they had in the lodge with her, that would be hard to forgive.

"Kelly's List" seems to point to all the Samburu's going one by one. Call me crazy, but that simply ain't gonna happen.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
>"Kelly's List" seems to point to
>all the Samburu's going one
>by one. Call me
>crazy, but that simply ain't
>gonna happen.

No you are far from crazy, Tom is one of the people she likes also. She obviously spends a good deal of time with Frank as well, in order to change her mind about him. As for Brandon and KimP, she has said she has liked them since she was part of new Samburu. She does NOT need to spend any more time with them for their friendship it is already there. Tom joins her this week followed by Frank, thus allowing her to have fun at the lodge. I am then guessing Lex would join them next, this boot order would make it impossible for her to figure out it was Brandon that voted against her. If Brandon makes the jury too early, she would figure out he was the tribe jumper. I believe she went through the whole game thinking it was Teresa, she is not on Kelly's friends list, but on the manipulator list. Why?

12-12-01, 09:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Tomorrow night on Survivor"
Hi OFG

Interesting bit of info about the RC vidclips. Tom/Kimp would also fill my assumptions. If Brandon does get the boot it will be because F/T vote with their emotion instead of their head. Unfortunately they have shown such shortsightedness before. After the "twist", F/T hung Silas out to dry instead of trying to seize control of NB by strategizing and booting Clarence. OS should reunite and boot Lex or Tom. They target Brandon, then OB is back in control and pagonging we will go. After the way OB targeted Kelly without a qualm, they will NOT make the mistake of letting an OS off the hook. (or trusting one!).

Despite my utter contempt for Brandon, I hope OS listens to their heads and reunite. With the suspicion that Brandon will be held in by everyone for going back and forth, booting him later shouldn't be much of a problem.

mauki

p.s. Despite their shortsightedness F/T are still my faves.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •