The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

BoBoSYD 111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BoBoSYD Click to send private message to BoBoSYD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
What's the demographic taking the time to vote for her and really want to see her cut a CD?
Her voice is powerful but it can be shrill most times - not pleasant to listen to and how can anyone be that perky sober?
I don't get it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? ejm92 05-19-04 1
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? shedevil 05-19-04 2
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-19-04 3
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? shedevil 05-19-04 6
           RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-19-04 7
               RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? ejm92 05-19-04 9
                   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? alisheardw 05-26-04 49
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AtlantisRoyal 05-19-04 4
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? redheaded_sweetheart 05-19-04 5
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-19-04 8
           RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? shedevil 05-19-04 10
               RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-19-04 12
               RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? broodgal 05-19-04 14
                   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AsianOK 05-20-04 28
                       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? RuffNeck 05-20-04 29
                           RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? Pepito 05-26-04 48
                           RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? IslandFever 05-27-04 50
           RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AtlantisRoyal 05-19-04 11
               RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? kileh2 05-19-04 13
                   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? shedevil 05-19-04 15
                       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-19-04 17
                   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? lapinguina4 05-24-04 41
               RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? idlegossip 05-20-04 18
                   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AtlantisRoyal 05-20-04 20
               RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? broodgal 05-20-04 19
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AsianOK 05-20-04 25
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? thisgirl8 05-26-04 46
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? lapinguina4 05-24-04 40
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? broodgal 05-19-04 16
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AsianOK 05-20-04 26
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? yensid 05-20-04 32
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? uberspoon 05-20-04 21
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? niteowl 05-20-04 22
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? uberspoon 05-20-04 36
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-20-04 23
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AsianOK 05-20-04 27
       RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? shedevil 05-20-04 34
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? AsianOK 05-20-04 24
 Moving Bebo 05-20-04 30
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? wildchickenhunter 05-20-04 31
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? dirtysouth 05-20-04 33
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? shedevil 05-20-04 35
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? steppingrazor42 05-20-04 37
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-23-04 38
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? callalilly3000 05-24-04 39
 Hmmm... AyaK 05-25-04 42
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BennyBoy 05-25-04 43
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? nailbone 05-25-04 44
   RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? BoBoSYD 05-25-04 45
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? thisgirl8 05-26-04 47
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? IslandFever 05-27-04 51
 RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA? Konarich 05-27-04 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-19-04, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I'm not voting for her....I really don't bother to vote because I know it wouldn't make a difference....however, when the show is over I'll probably be interested in buying CDs from Fantasia, George, and possibly Jennifer.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I'm not voting, it doesn't really matter who wins, they'll both get c.d.s. I wouldn't buy anything of Diana's. I would buy c.d.s from Jennifer, JPL, Fantasia, George, and maybe Amy Adams.

05-19-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BoBoSYD Click to send private message to BoBoSYD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
So neither of you are like her.
Care to articulate why?
She reminds me of Shirley Temple: at age 16 and high on Helium gas

05-19-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Did you mean "neither of you like her" or "neither of you are like her"? It's not so much that I don't like her, it's more that I don't like her enough to buy her music or go out of my way to hear her.

05-19-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
damn this grammarless, spellcheckless board (not that having both would have helped anyway) I meant the first one ie neither of you like her.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-19-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
It's not that I don't like Diana, bur personally I've liked Fantasia's song choices....although Fantasia may do it from time to time, I think Diana is more of a shouter when she sings, and that sometimes turns me off. Fantasia is also more original in my opinion...Diana doesn't add as much of her own personality to her songs. The main reason I like Fantasia, however, is her choice of song...she has chosen a lot of songs that..."Something About The Way You Look Tonight", "Let's Give 'Em Somethin' To Talk About", "Chain Of Fools", "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered", "Always On My Mind".....I love the songs already, and Fantasia put a unique and entertaining twist on them all.

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

alisheardw 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alisheardw Click to send private message to alisheardw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Thank you. I've finally found someone who really agrees with me.
I'm not saying Fantasia is the best singer ever, but she performs and sings so much better than Dianna.

AtlantisRoyal 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AtlantisRoyal Click to send private message to AtlantisRoyal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I voted for Diana. I am a 35 year old divorced mother of 2. I like Fantasia's voice when she sings songs in a deeper pitch --"Chain of Fools was spectacular! When she sings in a higher pitch, it's like fingernails across a blackboard to me. I guess it's just personal preference since she and Diana are both vastly different singers. I tend to prefer the more powerful voices (Diana, Clay, K Lo, Kelly) over those with more vocal nuances (Fantasia, Ruben)

JMO though -- I do think Fantasia has a great voice, and if she wins AI, she will be very deserving of the title. I just prefer Diana's singing to Fantasia's most of the time.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-04, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Well said and although I didn't vote, I absolutely agree with you.

05-19-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Power to ya'
What about Jasmine and the one that first got voted off: what did you think of them?

05-19-04, 11:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I'm not sure who you're asking about Jasmine and Leah but I think they are both horrid, and Leah is by far the worst out of the entire 12.

05-19-04, 11:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I don't know whether Leah would have got the same blah reaction, if she had stayed, as John S did.
People wanted to put the kid out of his misery.
But Leah was irritating and I can't put my finger on why.

broodgal 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-19-04, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I thought Leah was a waste in the top 12. Someone with actual talent could of been in her spot. Thanks Paula!

AsianOK 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-20-04, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AsianOK Click to send private message to AsianOK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
paula chose her to be in top 12, not the voters. paula made the mistake.

RuffNeck 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-20-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RuffNeck Click to send private message to RuffNeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
>paula chose her to be in
>top 12, not the voters.
>paula made the mistake.

Agree. If I remember correctly she wasn't even in the top 3 during her round of 12. I affectionately refered to her as Leah LeBlows.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Loved Leah, voted for her, was disappointed that she didn't make it. Was very pleased that Paula chose her for the final 12, as I wanted to see more of her. Just don't understand what everyone has against Leah, and please don't reply to this and tell me that she can't sing, as I LIKED the way she sang.

See, there's something for everyone in American Idol, controversy brings ratings.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I called her Leah LaStinky. She was more off tune than Jazzy and Camille combined.

05-19-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AtlantisRoyal Click to send private message to AtlantisRoyal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Who got voted off first? Leah LaBelle? I thought she was atrocious, along with Carmen Velasco, JPL, and John Stevens. Jasmine? She had her moments and is cute as a bug, but should have gone before LaToya and George. Does that answer your question?

kileh2 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kileh2 Click to send private message to kileh2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
diana, sure because she will mature, fantasia will always be ghetto!! once ghetto, always ghetto

05-19-04, 11:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Ghetto sells though doesn't it?

05-19-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
17. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I like me some ghetto

lapinguina4 295 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lapinguina4 Click to send private message to lapinguina4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
that is not true all the time.

>fantasia will always be ghetto!!
> once ghetto, always ghetto
>

La Pinguina Loca

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Not to be picky, but CAMILLE Velasco is her name. I liked her at first, but she faded so quickly, I lost interest. I didn't care for Fantasia right away, but I've been rooting for her since Jennifer went.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

05-20-04, 00:52 AM (EST)
20. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
DAM#!!!!!!!! I knew that -- just fell into the trap of Carmen/Camille and the similarites! Sorry!!!!!!!

05-20-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Camille always looked constipated when she sang.

05-20-04, 04:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AsianOK Click to send private message to AsianOK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-04 AT 06:22 AM (EST)

i totally agree with u. both diana & fantasia have powerful voices. they're just two very different persons.

thisgirl8 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thisgirl8 Click to send private message to thisgirl8 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I thought Fantasia did ok with "Chain of fools." But didn't you notice she was singing "shain, shain, shain" instead of "chain, chain, chain." I hate her annoying lisp or whatever the hell you call it!

lapinguina4 295 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lapinguina4 Click to send private message to lapinguina4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
JPL??????

La Pinguina Loca

05-19-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
16. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I am voting for Diana. Fantasia doesnt do it for me. She is to nasal sounding for me!! I wouldnt buy her record. I would buy LaToya and Jennifers records.

I guess it doesnt matter who wins because everyone seems to be getting a recording contract.

05-20-04, 04:34 AM (EST)
26. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
it matters actually coz' the winner will see herself THE BEST. jasmine isn't good enough. she shouldn't be seeing herself THE BEST.

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-20-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I agree. I will take Diana over Fantasia any day. Fantasia does sound like Donald Duck on helium. Just like Simon said. (Weird because I don't usually agree with Simon)

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
What's the demographic taking the time to vote for her

I vote for diana every week and have done so since the week after JHud (whom I had been voting for, religiously) left. As for demographics, I'm a 22 year old male.

Why do I vote for her?
Well, to be honest..in the early stages of the top 32 and 12, I couldn't stand her, but she suddenly just clicked for me. I am the first to admit that Fantasia is an extremely talented singer, but she just doesn't really do anything for me. I just feel that, even though they are good...Fantasia's performances are really interchangeable, it's like "you've heard her sing one song, you've heard her sing them all"
Diana really comes across as someone who "wants it" badly, whereas Fantasia doesn't really seem to care. While wanting it isn't enough on its own to sway my vote, I think she has a genuine talent. She has a powerhouse of a voice and each one of her performances (although not always perfect)is different..she doesn't confine herself to one genre. She sometimes does come across as fake, but I don't think that she really is. I believe her personality is purely a product of her age. I also think that Diana is good for American Idol because she is logically the next step..Kelly was a diva (in the good sense of the word), Ruben was pure R&B, and Diana has a Teen Queen thing going on..it just seems to fit in the mix, at least to me.

I know that there are a ton of haters for Diana, and I totally understand that...all the anti-DeGarmo points are feasible, I think.
I am nowhere near as passionate about Diana as I was about Kelly or Clay, but even so..I'm pretty sure she's getting my votes in the finale (barring a total upset from 'Tasia)...and yes, I would / will buy her album when it is released.

(for the record, I would also buy albums from George, Jennifer, Amy, and Camile..who sounds, in my opinion, the best of all of them on the AI3 compilation)

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I would like to hear Camille on cd. She and Jasmine both have a gravelly, unique sound when they hit it right. Unfortunately they can only sound great with a lot of work in the studio.
I really missed someone like Clay this season. I used to smile through everyone of his performances. He just had such a pure voice and calmness when he sang.
The only reason I don't prefer Diana over Fantasia is that I can't hear anything unique in her voice. Fantasia is also more entertaining to watch, whether or not you like her voice.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I think production technique is only a fraction of the reason that Camile sounds good on the comp. CD (incidentally, Matt Rogers and Leah LaBelle still sound pretty bad..even with production).

IMHO, the reason Camile struggled time after time on the live performances was largely a product of totally shot nerves. A really good example can be found if you download her version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road from the elimination show. By that point, she seemed to know that it was over for her...and she really put her heart into it and just let herself go. Even if you didn't care for it on the show, see if you can find an mp3 of it and give it another shot. Her timbre is really excellent, and she had a much more unique sound than the majority of this season's finalists.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't cast a single vote for Camile during the competition..and I actually think she got about a week farther than she deserved to. But she is a very capable vocalist..I really think that if she got it together, she could have made it to at least the top 4 or 5.

05-20-04, 03:40 AM (EST)
23. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Didn't Camille sound stuffy sometimes? Like she had a blocked nose or something?

05-20-04, 04:46 AM (EST)
27. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
yea, i also think that way. i also think that she pushed too hard & her style of singing was very boring. her facial expression was too much.

05-20-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Camille and Diana both have "stuffy nose" syndrome.

05-20-04, 04:17 AM (EST)
24. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-04 AT 06:18 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-20-04 AT 04:47 AM (EST)

i'd vote for diana if i were in the united states. she wasn't too good but better than jasmine. fantasia is my second choice though i don't like her cartoon voice but still better than jasmine.

if la toya is still in the running, she's the best among all.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Moving"
...to Individual Contestant forum.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I'll vote for her......what do I get?

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

dirtysouth 21 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirtysouth Click to send private message to dirtysouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I think that when Diana is not hitting a high note her singing sounds just like when she is talking. Nothing changes in her voice. No softness or uniqueness. I guess thats a problem because she doesn't really have a soft feminine voice to begin with. That and she really seems fake. And is it me or is she wearing more and more makeup every week. Starting to look like plaster.

I would by CDs from Fantasia, Latoya, George, Jennifer, and Camille.

I agree that Camille sounded the best on the compilation CD. I think in the finished product she does sound unique in a Lauren Hill kind of way. That is a huge compliment coming from me.(love me some Fugees). Since I wont be going to any concerts I guess that is good enough for me. It has worked for every other artist before AI started.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice
-Leaders are like Eagles..they don't flock..you find them one at a time-

05-20-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
35. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
That is one of my biggest problems with Diana, most of the time when she is singing, she sounds like she is talking (really loud).

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-04 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Not me!
You can't sing "Don't Cry Outloud" with a frickin' smile on your face! It's just not right.
Fantasia rocks!

05-23-04, 09:52 PM (EST)
38. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Was she smiling? Man that girl's voice is so strong! She never ever shows any strain I've never seen anything like it.
There's no nuance though, no colour or texture in her performance - no subtly everything is HERE DAMIT TAKE THAT and THIS.
Unless a singer can imangine the feelings behind lyrics, a lack of experience in life shows through.
Judy Garland had a powerful voice but was riddled with insecurities and longing from such a young age. You can always feel that in her songs.
With Diana, it's strange that a nice normal upringing can leave you short as a singer: stupid but there it is.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I am NOT voting for Diana. BUT, I am not voting for Fantasia either. This hasnt' been a good season for me.

I liked Amy, Jenn, Laytoya, and George, but not enought to vote strongly for them. I voted one time, for Jenn, because she had a wonderful night (The Lion King song).

This season has been very, very, disappointing to me.

The truly talented contestants got voted out.

There will be no votes cast in my house.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Hmmm..."
I voted for Diana a few times after Disco Night ... and my pick to win, LaToya, promptly got voted off. Since then, I haven't voted.

My kids voted at least a few times for Diana last week. They're 8 and 6. I have no idea if they will try to vote in tonight's finale.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
Diana has been my favorite ever since I heard her sing in group 1. Throughout the competition I thought she definately wasn't going to make it past final 5, but then she turned it around 100% and started sounding like the Diana I heard in Group 1. So I will definately be voting for Diana tonight! I wouldn't be upset if Fantasia won it tho

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I'm a 45 year old male, and I'm not voting for either one. After George left, no one in my household cared enough to vote anymore.

As for the demographic for Diana, teen and pre-teen girls, same as Britney, Christina, et al. Which also explains how she can be so perky, she's a kid! She's a teenage girl living her dream right now. How can she NOT be perky?!?!

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

05-25-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
45. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I was a punk at 16.

George looked like a deer caught in the headlights everytime he was on stage. I suppose that was his idea of perky.

thisgirl8 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thisgirl8 Click to send private message to thisgirl8 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I voted for Diana about 30 times last night. Normally I only vote a few times, if at all. Last night I couldn't bear the thought of being subjected to Fantasia as the American Idol. I am so sick of her, so my time and votes went to Diana.

I agree with some of you. Leah Labelle was a waste of space in the top 12. Did anyone notice her on screen last night? Every time they showed her, she had that same "pissed off" look that she's had ever since she went home. She's jealous.

Jennifer Hudson also looked pissed off as well. She wanted to be on stage too. Jennifer H. bugged me. She had too much vabratto and her eyes always bugged out when she said. She was weird.

I did like Amy. After she sang that Dixie Chicks song, I really started liking her. Too bad she didn't stick around. I thought she was much better than Camille, JPL, John Stevens, and Jasmine.

This season hasn't been the best that's for sure. Latoya was the best out of the group. She's the only one who's CD I'll buy, in addition to Diana's CD of course.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I voted 50 times for Tasia so don't blame me. Diana is a nice person who deserves to win Teen beauty contests but I was voting for musical talent. Diana is a good singer, Fantasia is a great singer,IMHO.

Konarich 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Konarich Click to send private message to Konarich Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: WHO'S VOTING FOR DIANA?"
I voted for Diana several times, all night actually. During the week I went to the CD with all 12 of the finalists. Diana did a better job on that then Fantasia. At the sing off on Tuesday I had to give an overall to Fantasia, BUT, I enjoyed Diana's vocalization better. I love that whisky sort of voice that her young frame can put out. And she had the most growth. That said, we can all live with the fact that Fantasia won and now lets see who sells the most records. Hay, I buy them all anyway. More power to the people that make the effort to better thmselves. Aloha

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •