The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Too Rigorous?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Current Message

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-01-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Too Rigorous?"
No, I don't think it is too rigorous. I think whatever medically supervised diets and exercise regimens help these people get their (BMI) Body Mass Index levels down to "healthy" is fine with me. As long as their blood pressure is OK (heart related) and they are being monitored for things like "heart stress" and "resting and active pulse rate" are coming up normal? They're fine.

It might seem harsh now, but they are being done a longterm favor. The end result if that if they take it off, keep it off, and learn how to change their lifestyle? They are being given a gift of a longer life. That should be worth a little "run until you puke" (as long as that isn't followed by starvation or a whole pizza) The fastest way to lose weight is by running. (It helps to be taught proper stretching and form to reduce the chances of injury.)

Diet pills and tricks don't work. I've discussed "weight loss" before. Here are my tips:

See a physician first. Know what your goal should be based on your gender, height and health. Be aware of what is "Normal Range" and considered a "Healthy Weight" for you. Aim for that number.

Take measurements. If you don't lose weight, you might lose inches as you get in better shape. That counts. It's not only about the weight. It's about overall health. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat are still a pound, but a pound of muscle looks smaller on you, which is why the inches are important.

You did not gain weight overnight. You will NOT lose it overnight, either. It will take TIME, and a committment to an overhaul in "Lifestyle." Make realistic goals, and reward yourself weekly for small/any gains towards your goal (but, not with food items.)

Find a buddy who is about the size you are, likes the same exercise you do, and wants to lose about the same amount of weight. Make regular appointments to get together to exercise so that you don't shirk it.

Environment. If you don't buy it, and it's not in the house, you can't eat it. If you live with other people who do not want to change their bad habits, buy your own food, and don't eat theirs. This takes pre-planning and discipline.

Impulse control and Deprivation. You are in charge of what you put in your mouth, and nobody else. You really DON'T have to have a slice of cake at every office party. "No, thank you" really SHOULD be enough. Be clear.

Don't deprive yourself. Eliminate "bad" foods one at a time if you have to. Don't give up something you love forever. Just be aware of portion control.

Replace foods you gave up with things you've never tried before. I've discovered how much I like Quinoa and didn't even know it existed before I gave up trans fats.

If you are going to eliminate anything? Eliminate TRANS FATS. closely followed by: hydrogenated anything, saturated anything, and anything with more than 3g fat.

Do NOT starve yourself! Use portion control, but eat MORE often if you are exercising, not less. (I eat six times a day, but they are an ACTUAL "serving" and no more.)

I measure portions. I know what an actual "serving" is for one person. I don't go over that.

I know it works. How? I went from being 5'5" and 196 lbs. to and 129 lbs. without ever being hungry, feeling deprived, or sorry that I started eating correctly and exercising regularly. How long did it take? five years.

Why? The were a few reasons.
1. Because I didn't focus on weight loss. Then again, I wasn't on a television show where my team was counting on my overall weight loss for the week. I focused on slowly changing my lifestyle in ways I knew would stick first. That's smarter.

2. The first three years I lied to myself. I talked myself into keeping some bad habits, and justified them. For example, I would reward myself for lap swimming by eating at a fast food restaurant, figuring one would cancel the other out. (uh-- nope.)

3. The fourth year I focused on strength more than on weight loss. I worked out a lot, but I didn't reeeeaaallly change my eating habits. (I just told myself I did.)

4. Although it took me five years to get here? It actually took me a year. Why? I stopped lying to myself, learned about what I needed to do, and used the sense in my head to get there. I made realistic goals I could stick with, and decided that this was a BENEFIT to me, and not a detriment for me to hate. Now? I feel like crap if I eat badly. I feel like I've missed out if I didn't at least get in some cardio.

5. I deliberately found a job where I am not sedentary as part of my committment to health.

Weight loss really is a lifestyle change that you can stick with. A goal is a dream with a deadline. Make it realistic. Focus on "Overall Health" and the weight loss will follow.

Hope that helps!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Too Rigorous?   petmama     09-23-06       
   RE: Too Rigorous?   Cyndimaus     09-23-06     1  
   RE: Too Rigorous?   jackandjill     09-23-06     2  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   petmama     09-26-06     5  
   RE: Too Rigorous?   Snidget     09-23-06     3  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   petmama     09-26-06     4  
         RE: Too Rigorous?   Snidget     09-26-06     6  
             RE: Too Rigorous?   petmama     09-27-06     7  
   RE: Too Rigorous?   MizJazmine     10-01-06     8  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   Snidget     10-01-06     9  
         RE: Too Rigorous?   irishrose     10-01-06     10  
             RE: Too Rigorous?   EMTBGRL     10-01-06     11  
                 RE: Too Rigorous?   Snidget     10-02-06     12  
                     RE: Too Rigorous?   petmama     10-02-06     13  
                     RE: Too Rigorous?   petmama     10-02-06     14  
                         RE: Too Rigorous?   Snidget     10-02-06     15  
                             RE: Too Rigorous?   EMTBGRL     10-04-06     20  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   skeetergirl87     10-03-06     17  
         RE: Too Rigorous?   Snidget     10-03-06     18  
   RE: Too Rigorous?   pantsonfire     10-03-06     16  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   EMTBGRL     10-04-06     19  
   RE: Too Rigorous?   beachshellrose     10-22-06     21  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   petmama     10-24-06     22  
     RE: Too Rigorous?   linrosin     10-26-06     23  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •