The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Elvis Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Elvis Week"
Let's see some song choices!

Chris - Suspicious Minds, Viva Las Vegas

Taylor - Jailhouse Rock, Heartbreak Hotel

Elliott - Kentucky Rain, Can't Help Falling In Love

Katherine - Devil In Disguise, Wear My Ring Around My Neck

I think Elliott is in the biggest trouble this week - nothing jumps out at me as an uptempo song that suits him. This should be a home run night for both Chris and Taylor, but I think there are enough Elvis songs Kat can sing that she could really surprise (someone get her Trisha Yearwood's version of Devil in Disguise on her headphones stat!).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Elvis Week KoalaChick 05-04-06 1
   RE: Elvis Week Devious Weasel 05-04-06 2
       RE: Elvis Week LisaPles 05-04-06 4
       RE: Elvis Week KoalaChick 05-04-06 6
 RE: Elvis Week geg6 05-04-06 3
   RE: Elvis Week Devious Weasel 05-04-06 5
 RE: Elvis Week geekboy 05-04-06 7
   RE: Elvis Week sylvester 05-05-06 11
 RE: Elvis Week zombiebaby 05-05-06 8
   RE: Elvis Week tamarama 05-05-06 9
 RE: Elvis Week dragonflies 05-05-06 10
 RE: Elvis Week frisky 05-06-06 12
   RE: Elvis Week dkay1211 05-06-06 13
       RE: Elvis Week frisky 05-07-06 14
           RE: Elvis Week missygirl3 05-07-06 15
           RE: Elvis Week dkay1211 05-07-06 16
               WARNING - dkay1211 Bebo 05-08-06 17
                   Potential Song Spoilers? KoalaChick 05-08-06 18
                       the Spoilers are accurate priestdi 05-08-06 19
                           RE: the Spoilers are accurate Comsat 05-09-06 20
                               RE: the Spoilers are accurate tenmeters 05-09-06 23
                           RE: the Spoilers are accurate geg6 05-09-06 21
                           RE: the Spoilers are accurate priestdi 05-09-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Elvis Week"
It's hard to say about Elliott, DW. I would have bet the farm that Kellie doing Bohemian Rhapsody or Taylor doing Play That Funky Music would have been absolute train wrecks, and they really weren't half bad. And I thought Katharine would have NAILED Against All Odds, and she "butchered it". So, he may surprise you and sing an Elvis song that blows you away.

Has it been confirmed that they are singing Elvis? I know they went to Graceland to meet up with Tommy Motola, but I haven't heard an official announcement that it's Elvis songs.

05-04-06, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Elvis Week"
Well, I'm in disagreement with you on both Kellie's Bohemian Rhapsody and Taylor's Play That Funky Music. I thought both were train wrecks.

Here's the wording from the official site:

Make sure to watch when the top 4 take on the music of Elvis Presley

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Elvis Week"
Sorry Elvis fans, but Uggh! The usual Elvis songs are just so tired. I'm already so bored with this season, could it get any worse?

05-04-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Elvis Week"
Don't get me wrong, DW, I didn't love either performance, but they weren't as hideous as I imagined they would be. Just saying, it's hard to predict how each contestant will do with each genre.

Thanks for the info on the Elvis songs. After I posted that, I did go to the site and saw that you were right.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Elvis Week"
It will be criminal if Chris doesn't do Suspicious Minds.

Devil in Disguise would suit Kat quite well.

I agree that it might be a tough week for Elliot.

And I will be projectile vomiting if Taylor does (Let Me Be) Your Teddy Bear.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

05-04-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Elvis Week"
That's why I went with two suggestions that would let him show off his "wild'n'crazy guy" shtick without inducing vomiting among non-fans.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-04-06, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Elvis Week"
I would truly like to see Taylor sing "Kentucky Rain" and "Suspicious Minds". I don't care about the others - I simply don't see anyone other than Taylor pulling off Elvis songs.

geekboy

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Elvis Week"
Of course I have to second geekboy. I think this is Taylor's week. I want him to do Suspicious Minds, and I think it's being hinted at that the other song will be Blue Suede Shoes.

I hope Elliott finds two songs that suit him and that he does well. He's just such a sweet kid, I don't want him to go yet.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Elvis Week"
Someone has to try In the Ghetto!

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-05-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Elvis Week"
ewwwww! I got some cheese on my keyboard!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Elvis Week"
DH is in Heaven. He loves Elvis like I love Queen.

If someone sings "Blue Christmas" I may do something that I may regret.

Sigs by Cyg

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Elvis Week"
I dunno, Dweeze. Elliot might be alright if he sticks with the old, fat Elvis.

I think he could pull off:

Always On My Mind

or

Are you Lonesome Tonight?

or

It's Now or Never

Definitely, this week is a shoo-in for Taylor and Hunk-a Hunk-a Chris.

Rolly made this.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Elvis Week"
First of all, the "old, fat Elvis" comment really pi$$e$ me off....you don't have to necessarily like a particular artist, BUT being disrespectful is unnecessary and just highlights your ignorance....=)

With that said...I think "If I Can Dream" from the 68 Comeback Special would be great for Elliot!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Elvis Week"
Being disrespectful of old, fat Elvis is okay here. Being disrespectful to ME, however, is not allowed, and the fact that you have been disrespectful to me, Frisky, highlights your ignorance of the guidelines of this board.

Rolly made this.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Elvis Week"
Personally, I cant wait to hear Chris or Elliot do some Elvis. I would love to hear Chris do Suspicious Minds as well. I am not so sure about Kat. But she has surprised me in the past.

BTW.. love your sig Frisky.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Elvis Week"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-06 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

Oh I see...selective disrespectfulness =)...You are entitled to your opinion about Elvis in the same way that I am entitled to my opinion about you....that is the beauty of the message boards...entitlement and sharing! =)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "WARNING - dkay1211 "
No, you do NOT see. Our guidelines clearly prohibit bashing other posters. Since Elvis is not posting here, he is fair game. If you cannot respond to a poster without attacking that poster, then you will not be permitted to post here anymore.

Now, this part of the discussion is over. Folks need to get back on topic.

05-08-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
18. "Potential Song Spoilers?"
Got this from AccessAtlanta, but have no idea of it's merit. Just tossing it out there...

By Mike S

May 8, 2006 07:45 PM | Link to this

I think it is very very close between Elliot and Kat. In fact, I am being told by a very trusted source that they are being told the voting between all four is actually quite close. So, my take is that whoever struggles this week is in trouble. here is my take on the songs.

KAT - May struggle to be peppy/up on Hound Dog/All Shook Up —- BUT that is her weak spot, if she nails it she is fine. She will shine on I Can’t Help Falling In Love.

CHRIS - Taking a chance with 2 “ballads”. A Little Less Conversation is more upbeat than Suspicious Minds, but Chris will have to nail both songs as neither is a get you out of your chair and dance song. Still, if he nails both songs he may just garauntee a Chris/Taylor final. ADDED BONUS : Two songs that he can rest his voice on, very smart move.

Elliot - Much like Kat - A little out of his element with TROUBLE — BUT he might just jazz it up and pull it off. If I Could Dream will be another Song For You home run.

TAYLOR - Jailhouse Rock : He will dance, he will be manic, he will absolutely rule the stage and the SOUL PATROL will go wild. And Simon will poo poo the performance. In The Ghetto — SOMETHING II. I think Taylor may punch his ticket to the final this week.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-08-06, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "the Spoilers are accurate"
http://television.aol.com/news/article/_a/american-idol-finalists-visit-graceland/20060508160209990002

Elliott Yamin: "Trouble" and "If I Can Dream"

Chris Daughtry: "A Little Less Conversation" and "Suspicious Minds"

Taylor Hicks: "In the Ghetto" and "Jailhouse Rock"

Katherine McPhee: "Hound Dog/All Shook Up" and "Can't Help Falling in Love"

Wow, this should really help Taylor. How very perfect for him.

Comsat 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-06, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Comsat Click to send private message to Comsat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: the Spoilers are accurate"
Elliot must give all he got this week. I think he will be next one to be out. And it will be a showdown between Kat and Taylor on who will be on the final 2. Chris will be the other one.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-09-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: the Spoilers are accurate"
i dont think performance really matters tonight. elliot is gonna go regardless of his performance.

dont think can't help falling in love is a good choice for kat. she can't do ballads really well unless theres some belting involved like i have nothing.

taylor and chris will do well i think. not sure about kat and elliot.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: the Spoilers are accurate"
I think Chris has some great picks there.

He should do those well.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Thrilled he picked one of my picks.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-09-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: the Spoilers are accurate"

just saw this on mediafriends.com, how very amusing.

I never go near the official boards, haven't participated there since season 2 on Bolt. (any of you people around back in those days?)

"So AOL leaked the songs underneath pictures of the idols. We are thinking it’s accurate, though the mods on the AI boards are deleting all the comments on AOL’s leaked list, crazy!"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •